Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Indian Men, Indian Women, White Women Indian Men, Indian Women, White Women

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #61
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
n8ive_honie07 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by this1ndnchic
My intent on posting this was to show that there are some native men, or it could of even be a black man who wrote this so lets just say colored men, who do respect colored women. Not saying that there is hardly any.Im not sure who wrote it but it really was touching to read it.
wow that guy was deep i feel move lets go beat her *** lol peace and love to you all
n8ive_honie07 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #62
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
And, to flip the script, there are numerous white men, in and out of the spot light, who openly or secretly desire Non-White women over white women. Ted Danson, Robert DeNiro, ! and David Bowie to name a few.

Ted Danson is married to Mary Stienburgen (WHITE), Robert DeNiro is married to a black woman and I thought Bowie was gay. What does that have to do with Indian Women?
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #63
comchocldy

Smile Ndn Women

Kudos to Angel Feather,

I didn't know this was still going on but since it is I will add this one last thought and then I am done with it.

The poster for this years He Sapa Wacipi PW will have a poster of a Northern Woman dressed in a beaded buck, with the Eagle Staff in one hand the american flagg in the other hand. The artist entitled it 'Keepers of the Third Circle''

Our traditions all have some version of the 'Order of things', that is the Circle.

The First Circle: Our precious Children, our future and hope

The Second Circle: Our Elders, the ones who keep and pass traditions on to the children. Which of you didn't learn something from your grandparents?

The Third Circle: Our Women, they bear our children, see to the needs of the Elders, and comfort and keep a home for our men. More importantly we have to be on post even if our stray, we can't afford to be MIA. Granted in takes a very strong man to stand in the Fourth Circle behind a woman of this character.

The Fourth Circle: Our Men; who must cover, protect and provide for us all! It's no easy task. It was out of this 4th Circle that our honor societies grew.

I say all this to say, we must be busy on our post if, we turn to fight each other over someone who has wandered off for what ever reason, we create weakness. I love all you young ones, I love the exchange of ideas but please keep your place in the circle.

Those that wander off, reject and put down their own culture (not genuine relationships to those of another culture) will one day drag back into camp. Being the people that we are, we will patch them up and welcome them back home.

CC

Last edited by comchocldy; 02-11-2005 at 10:30 PM..
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #64
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #65
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by comchocldy
Our traditions all have some version of the 'Order of things', that is the Circle.

The First Circle: Our precious Children, our future and hope

The Second Circle: Our Elders, the ones who keep and pass traditions on to the children. Which of you didn't learn something from your grandparents?

The Third Circle: Our Women, they bear our children, see to the needs of the Elders, and comfort and keep a home for our men. More importantly we have to be on post even if our stray, we can't afford to be MIA. Granted in takes a very strong man to stand in the Fourth Circle behind a woman of this character.

The Fourth Circle: Our Men; who must cover, protect and provide for us all! It's no easy task. It was out of this 4th Circle that our honor societies grew.

I say all this to say, we must be busy on our post if, we turn to fight each other over someone who has wandered off for what ever reason, we create weakness. I love all you young ones, I love the exchange of ideas but please keep your place in the circle.

Those that wander off, reject and put down their own culture (not genuine relationships to those of another culture) will one day drag back into camp. Being the people that we are, we will patch them up and welcome them back home.

CC
Your message is most eloquent. Thank you. That said, I don't know any family where one generation or another has not been damaged by forces outside the Circle they have no control of. We don't live in a vacuum. Many of our men and women several generations back lost their place in the Circle with boarding schools experiences, drugs and alcohol and domestic violence. Subsequent generations were/are affected because they have not had the example set for them, the strength of the Circle was not theirs. In one instance I know of, the father was on tribal council, involved in the Nat'l Congress; but at home was often drunk and beat the crap out of his oldest son and his wife was so scared of him she wouldn't protect her own son. That son today carries the scars and walks with one foot in the Circle and the other in a White world, enjoying White women (if he can 'enjoy' women at all--he has such poor relationships with them). I don't see this as him rejecting or putting down the Circle--it basically rejected him--it certainly wasn't there for him. The 'silence' in the Circle, the 'tolerance' of abuse shares responsibility for the fallout. I would hope we would welcome them home; and maybe they will forgive us and themselves at some point, and heal. Aho.
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #66
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipi Tender
Your message is most eloquent. Thank you. That said, I don't know any family where one generation or another has not been damaged by forces outside the Circle they have no control of. We don't live in a vacuum. Many of our men and women several generations back lost their place in the Circle with boarding schools experiences, drugs and alcohol and domestic violence. Subsequent generations were/are affected because they have not had the example set for them, the strength of the Circle was not theirs. In one instance I know of, the father was on tribal council, involved in the Nat'l Congress; but at home was often drunk and beat the crap out of his oldest son and his wife was so scared of him she wouldn't protect her own son. That son today carries the scars and walks with one foot in the Circle and the other in a White world, enjoying White women (if he can 'enjoy' women at all--he has such poor relationships with them). I don't see this as him rejecting or putting down the Circle--it basically rejected him--it certainly wasn't there for him. The 'silence' in the Circle, the 'tolerance' of abuse shares responsibility for the fallout. I would hope we would welcome them home; and maybe they will forgive us and themselves at some point, and heal. Aho.
your message to is very strong.. It has been something that i have tried to get acorss to others, just unable to at times when my own emotions take control preventing me to write what i want to write. Circumstances have taken alot of our people out of the circle but it was always in our ways to forgive and to accept and to try and help those that were wronged. Now days i see way too much judgement, way too much of turning heads tryin to ignore, and so much unacceptence of that which is not understood or that which is different. We must not judge by what we see... We must not judge at all, rather be humble and rejoice in the fact that the majority of our people that were taken out of the circle always try to come back to the circle. Isnt that what is important? I talk passionately about this for the fact that I was one that was taken out of the circle and it wasnt a choice that i was given but forced upon me, so should i be discriminated against for tryin to return and trying to learn that which was taken away from me? I am grateful to the elders in my home area that accepted me with open arms and to this day guide me and my family to help keep traditions strong while at the same time making new ones. I am saddened by those that have no tolerance or understanding and continue to be ignorant towards such people that want so much to return to thier roots and are put down by the very people that they thought would accept them.

I love My Native heritage, my culture and am proud to be married to an NdN man and have beautiful Indian babies, I just pray for others that they will too find thier way back home where thier spirit is meant to be. its not an easy journey but well worth it!! Thankyou for all your wondrful posts here and thankyou for sticking up for Our Native Sisters and Brothers!!! If we dont stand up for each other... NO one else will...

Last edited by AngelFeather; 02-12-2005 at 11:37 PM..
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2005, 04:09 AM   #67
comchocldy

Thank you Tipi Tender and Angel Feather for sharing sooo
much..... this open dialogue is needed so very much.

This weekend at the Wildhorse PW, (the 1st PW out here in So. Cali) Saginaw prayed both days and he asked the Creator for help in healing the hurt among our people, so many people are really 'going thru it' for a number of reasons. He also prayed for mutual respect to return to the Circle and for the gossip, envy and 'tit for tat' to cease, the prayer competely changed the atmosphere of the PW and it was so refreshing.

CC
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #68
Tiny Tot Dancer

fri_bread_addict is a name known to all
Listen everyone :)

I respect everyone's culture and try not to step on any toes.

What does it matter if a white woman marries a Native Man if she isn't in it to convert him and they are truly in love? Would you be so quick to judge if you fell in love with a person of a different race?

I'm a white chick, my fiance is Native American. I didn't wake up one morning and decide "hmmm I think I'm going to bag me a Shinnecock!" Hahahaha....do you guys really think that?

As far as he goes, he's dated both Native and White women....he fell in love and wants to be with me. I'm pretty sure I could be green or purple and he would still love me.

I only hope everyone on here feels the love we feel, no matter what race that person comes from :)
fri_bread_addict is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2005, 05:38 PM   #69
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
man thats to much reading..and i made this topic...LMAO dood some of ya should just be writers...
Old 03-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #70
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by this1ndnchic
man thats to much reading..and i made this topic...LMAO dood some of ya should just be writers...

LOL.. Some of ya should just be readers!!

* Duks * Dont hit me..

Old 03-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #71
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFeather
LOL.. Some of ya should just be readers!!

* Duks * Dont hit me..

*chucks keyboard* LOL kiddin..i'll read your essays later :P ok dont hit me..tehehe
Old 03-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #72
Grass Dance Bum

crow_reza is a jewel in the rough
DANG!!!! wheeewwww...............lol, too much damn reading.

WELL, I jus' wanna say that I luv d'em N-Den Gurlz............. man, makes me proud of all tha Native women out there. All that little bickering wuz funny. But, I think what badmaninc wuz tryin ta say wuz that Both N-Den Women and N-Den Men NEED eachother. BUT, of course when candae did her speech, man.........it turned this thread into sumthin "More Better". It gave a chance for Native Women to talk 'bout all the SHYYT that they have to go through.

Readin this thread made me think of the all time greatest '49 song. So, this ones dedicated to all tha Native Mom's, Aunties, Grandma's, Neices, and Sisters...............

N-Den GUUURRRLLLZZZ, N-Den GUUURRRLLLZZZ.........
N-Den GUUURRRLLLZZZ,N-Den GUUURRRLLLZZZ..........
OOOHHH how I LUUUVV those N-DEEEN GUUURRRLLLZZ hi ya,
way yo hay yo hay yai hey yo..............
WHIICHAAAHH!!!! YIY YIY YIY!!!!

AND ALL THEM PROUD NATIVE WOMEN GO:
LU LU LU LU LU LU LU LU LU LU..................
Old 03-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #73
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
[FONT=]I think that the point that is trying to be made is, "how dare this woman write about a group of women she knows nothing about". I don't look at it as tooting one's horn. I look at it as someone standing up for what's been said. How do we know it's not a native man writing this??? Most native men do not take the time to stand up for native women. Oh they may fight for them, but you don't hear them voice out on behalf of us.
The fact is, if I want to stand up for native women as one myself I would say. Native women know what it's like to raise up a household on their own. They know what it's like to find a man who's been through hell his whole life and then to help him, she's forced to "raise" him as well. Native women live through sexual abuse, alcoholism, spousal abuse, rape, diabetes, high blood pressure, STD's, cheating, living in the worst conditions possible; and so do the native men. The difference??? The native women prevail, and then it's up to us to help keep the men afloat. So we're chosen to carry this burden and this struggle in hopes that we stay a strong people and keep our traditions alive, our stories alive, and our hope that one day when we die, people will think of us as good women, strong women, not just native women. Why do you not see many native women out in public places??? We're at home, taking care of our families after work. We're at home beading, sewing, cooking, comforting, teaching our children. We're at home listening, comforting and encouraging our husbands when they've been at work for a year and never was late or missed a day or work, yet they get passed up for a promotion given to a white guy who's only been there four months. We're at home, taking care of our own the best way we know how. That's the pride of native women and that is how I'm going to "TOOT" the horn of these frybread making, dark skinned, brown haired, big smiling, caring eyed, native dancing, child rearing, college bound, housemaking, hard working, loving wife, loving sister, loving daughter, made only by the hand of God b/c of the toils and tribulations she has been through; NATIVE WOMAN. God bless all of us and all the tears we have shed to keep sane, to keep strong and to keep going, and going, and going.........
[/FONT]
That was beautimous. I'm gonna print it and put it on my fridge!

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #74
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pathwalker~
And, to flip the script, there are numerous white men, in and out of the spot light, who openly or secretly desire Non-White women over white women. Ted Danson, Robert DeNiro, ! and David Bowie to name a few.

Ted Danson is married to Mary Stienburgen (WHITE), Robert DeNiro is married to a black woman and I thought Bowie was gay. What does that have to do with Indian Women?
David bowie is married to Imani, one of the most beautiful brown women in the world. I think she's african or mebbe african-american/mix. And ted danson was at one time an item with whoopie goldberg.

The point was that there are plenty of whiteguys out there who get a taste for the many flavors of brown sugar.

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #75
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
too much reading for me im too tired LOL but i read that a long time ago before it became a forward cuz it was a real thing in some magazine
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #76
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadillac Breeze
Was it just me or did yall hear the tune of "Glory Glory Hallelujah" playing when you were reading Candae's post? :D
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #77
Cloud Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted By: CandaePrincess
I think that the point that is trying to be made is, "how dare this woman write about a group of women she knows nothing about". I don't look at it as tooting one's horn. I look at it as someone standing up for what's been said. How do we know it's not a native man writing this??? Most native men do not take the time to stand up for native women. Oh they may fight for them, but you don't hear them voice out on behalf of us.
The fact is, if I want to stand up for native women as one myself I would say. Native women know what it's like to raise up a household on their own. They know what it's like to find a man who's been through hell his whole life and then to help him, she's forced to "raise" him as well. Native women live through sexual abuse, alcoholism, spousal abuse, rape, diabetes, high blood pressure, STD's, cheating, living in the worst conditions possible; and so do the native men. The difference??? The native women prevail, and then it's up to us to help keep the men afloat. So we're chosen to carry this burden and this struggle in hopes that we stay a strong people and keep our traditions alive, our stories alive, and our hope that one day when we die, people will think of us as good women, strong women, not just native women. Why do you not see many native women out in public places??? We're at home, taking care of our families after work. We're at home beading, sewing, cooking, comforting, teaching our children. We're at home listening, comforting and encouraging our husbands when they've been at work for a year and never was late or missed a day or work, yet they get passed up for a promotion given to a white guy who's only been there four months. We're at home, taking care of our own the best way we know how. That's the pride of native women and that is how I'm going to "TOOT" the horn of these frybread making, dark skinned, brown haired, big smiling, caring eyed, native dancing, child rearing, college bound, housemaking, hard working, loving wife, loving sister, loving daughter, made only by the hand of God b/c of the toils and tribulations she has been through; NATIVE WOMAN. God bless all of us and all the tears we have shed to keep sane, to keep strong and to keep going, and going, and going.........
Thankyou...I could Just HUG you for making me feel even more proud and validating me as a Native Woman...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #78
Senior Dancer

kitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Tansi

yes,yes,yes take it all in gurls gurls gurls!!
oh how i love those...INDIAN GIRLZZZZZ
Attached Thumbnails
playboybuny.jpg  
Attached Images

kitchemanitou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #79
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,731.21
Got dang. Forgot about this post. *L* Well if I offered at least one girl/woman a word of encouragement, then I am glad I posted what I did.

someone said they didn't just wake up one morning and decide to bag a native guy....

sheeit....I did.

WEECHAAAAA.
(I wanted dark mussy babies. got dang.)

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #80
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Candeeee I Misssh U!!

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links