PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   iPhone 4 or the Android (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/iphone-4-android-56971/)

xTekno 06-08-2010 03:24 PM

iPhone 4 or the Android

The battle is heating up between iPhone 4 and Android-powered phones.

Which path will you take?

ac_miss 06-08-2010 03:31 PM

I love my android!

Grits & Beans 06-08-2010 03:31 PM

i have a blackberry tour i've gotten quite attached to. as a matter of fact I'm using it right now on the go. love it+

don't know what android is but i'll run with that before i touch an iphone, ipod, ipad or ianything else.

Joe's Dad 06-08-2010 03:33 PM

I was looking at the HTC Incredible from Verizon. I get discounts. But then I thought about it...

Sometimes, I don't get calls for days at a time. Sometimes, I don't turn on my phone for days at a time. I have to leave myself voicemails so I can hear a voice on the other end of my phone.

Why the hell do I want to spend that kind of money on a paperweight???? :hysterica

People can leave me a voicemail at...

999-NEVERMIND

:laughing:

wanjica_the_one 06-08-2010 04:16 PM

i'm using blackberry 8900 curve but will upgrade to blackberry 9700 bold. i don't like touchscreen because of my greasy fingers.

Paul G 06-08-2010 04:38 PM

No question! It's all about the iPhone. That's where the apps are!

And PowWows.com's first app should be out later this week.

And Pow Wow Radio will have its own iPhone app next month!

NorthofAda 06-08-2010 05:51 PM

Another gadgets for my preteen girls to drool over, LOL! I told them they can get one when the can earn the money to pay for it.

I'm low tech when it comes to phones. I have a prepaid Tracfone that I paid a whole $7 for. It's just for kids to get in touch with me if I'm out during the day or to call for help when the car breaks down.

The iPhone is cool - have a couple of friends who have them. Congrats on the powwows.com app, Paul.

Toolbox 06-08-2010 08:22 PM

Currently I'm on a Blackberyy Curve 8330, on Sprint. I will probably go with the HTC EVO 4G (Android OS) but will wait till all the bugs are discovered and fixed, and also having $199 for the upgrade, rather build a new computer first.

Although it doesn't matter too much, but the Apple iPhone 4 does not utilize any of the newer wirless technologies, being 4G WiMAX, LTE, or any varient. The HTC EVO is 4G WiMAX, though the system is still being rolled out.

Personally I can't stand anything Apple makes, the main reason being that they are way over priced. My friend and I speced out what we could build for the same price as a Mac Pro tower and the system we came up with would have squashed the Mac. A lot of mark-up for a name and thier OS.

Joe's Dad 06-08-2010 08:30 PM

WiMax is the future. But the people at the end of the line are going to be cursing.

Toolbox 06-08-2010 08:42 PM

They are supposedly putting WiMAX on the Navajo rez's: Sacred Wind: Bringing WiMAX to the Navajo reservation - FierceBroadbandWireless

Paul G 06-09-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1420484)
Personally I can't stand anything Apple makes, the main reason being that they are way over priced. My friend and I speced out what we could build for the same price as a Mac Pro tower and the system we came up with would have squashed the Mac. A lot of mark-up for a name and thier OS.

That's not always the case. When my last laptop crashed I priced out new laptops and came down to Dell and Apple. The MacBook Pro ended up being about the same price as the Dell for the same specs.

And as someone who has to support Windows machines on a daily basis, I can't recommend Windows for the average user. Mac OS just works! No crashes, blue screens, viruses, spyware, registry bloat, peformance slowdowns over time, etc.

ANNA NICOLE 06-09-2010 12:02 PM

Android...Yaay!

50cal 06-09-2010 12:29 PM

I got a Blackberry Bold 9700 and although it doesnt' have a touchscreen, IMO, a helluva lot better than either...LOL!!....but for arguments sake, I'd rather go with the HTC HD2....but I'm happy with my Blackberry....LOL!!!.....Paul, you should come out with an app for Blackberry world....

Toolbox 06-09-2010 01:23 PM

Sorry for this, but I'm a computer nerd, and the Apple vs. PC debate always gets me going, lol.

I will give Mac the fact that the OS doesn't slow down to the extent that Windows does due to registry bloat, though an expert should be able to maintin the registry to avoid this. The OS is also nice for casual home users who want plain simplicity, though Win 7 is very easy and stremlined, they borrowed a lot of ideas from Mac.

Mac being safe from viruses, spyware, hackers etc... while it once was true it is now a myth. Mac got slammed with several nasty viruses in the past couple of years. At the PWN2OWN hacking contest the Mac went down in like 30 minutes while it took an additional day to take down the Windows Vista machine and the Linux system went down shortly afterwards. Symantec's Norton ant-malware software is now being made for Mac. The reason being is that Apple overlooked a lot of security issues because not many people bothered to attempt to hack it or write malicous code, but because their market share went up a bit, due largely in part because Vista was junk and no one wanted it, it became worthwhile for people to hack, crack, and write viruses etc.

I did manage to crash a Mac Pro a couple years ago,, I was editing HD video and Final Cut Pro locked up and then Finder locked up and it wouldn't let me force quit any of the programs, I ended up having to do a hard reset. Windows has changed greatly in major ways recently with the release of Windows 7.

OLChemist 06-09-2010 03:43 PM

iPhone.

But then I do all my programing for work on a Mac and I make recreational iPhone apps. So I could be biased.

I've never crashed my Macs with applications except MS Office. Now, I've had some ugly ones while programing. I was doing some kernel level driver stuff and made a mistake -- kernel panic time, my computer started speaking Japanese, LOL. My favorite was making a typo that tried to allocate about 2G more memory than my machine had. I had reindex my harddrive after that. But no computer is safe from dumb programmer tricks.

Paul G 06-09-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLChemist (Post 1420612)
iPhone.

But then I do all my programing for work on a Mac and I make recreational iPhone apps. So I could be biased.

I've never crashed my Macs with applications except MS Office. Now, I've had some ugly ones while programing. I was doing some kernel level driver stuff and made a mistake -- kernel panic time, my computer started speaking Japanese, LOL. My favorite was making a typo that tried to allocate about 2G more memory than my machine had. I had reindex my harddrive after that. But no computer is safe from dumb programmer tricks.

What type of apps are you doing?

xTekno 06-09-2010 05:22 PM

Did someone say iLeak?

APPLE'S WORST SECURITY BREACH: 114,000 IPAD OWNERS EXPOSED
Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed

gamelover 06-09-2010 09:31 PM

it is said that iPhone 4 is very nice and light weight .In the end of this month, it will in market .

OLChemist 06-10-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul G (Post 1420614)
What type of apps are you doing?

I've made a few chemical calculators, stuff of that sort. I'm still learning the iPhone API's. A process somewhat hampered by not actually having an iPhone, LOL. The sim can only do so much.

Paul G 06-10-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1420587)
though an expert should be able to maintin the registry to avoid this.

And that's the problem! Most of the world doesn't know how to do this!