Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Long hair or short hair Long hair or short hair

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
apachetrends.com

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
apachetrends will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Long hair or short hair

I have grown my hair pretty long and I was wondering does the long haired brigade still exist, I do stand out due to my Long hair and get lots of questions, like " are you an indian"?
I am proud of my hair and my heritage, I was just wondering if anybody still likes the long haired Indians? If you other natives get a chance please visit my web site at
my web site , sign my forum or guest book and support native american causes Apachetrends.com
apachetrends is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2004, 04:21 AM   #2
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
And the problem is? Of course long hair is wonderful. Are you ashamed of looking native? I hope not. I last had mine cut off short last June; it's growing back, but I still need another year or so to get it back down to my waist. There are many people that just can't get their hair to grow; due to genetics, health, or age, count yourself very lucky to have your long hair. Long hair is never out of style!
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2004, 08:54 AM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is just past my waist. I love long hair. Our NDN men look so handsome with long hair. Makes me wanna play with it , braid it, make him look all handsome. :D hehe! NDN hair is thick, black and long!

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
apachetrends.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WocusWoman
And the problem is? Of course long hair is wonderful. Are you ashamed of looking native? I hope not. I last had mine cut off short last June; it's growing back, but I still need another year or so to get it back down to my waist. There are many people that just can't get their hair to grow; due to genetics, health, or age, count yourself very lucky to have your long hair. Long hair is never out of style!
I am not ashamed of my Native American heritage, I am who I am, I have noticed that not many natives or men in general have long hair anymore, out of the 450 employees, I work around, I am the only long haired around and felt like a dying breed, that is compared to whites, blacks that I work with and I am the only native amongst them.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:24 PM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachetrends
I am not ashamed of my Native American heritage, I am who I am, I have noticed that not many natives or men in general have long hair anymore, out of the 450 employees, I work around, I am the only long haired around and felt like a dying breed, that is compared to whites, blacks that I work with and I am the only native amongst them.

Thats awesome!

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2004, 02:21 PM   #6
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
I have grown my hair pretty long and I was wondering does the long haired brigade still exist, I do stand out due to my Long hair and get lots of questions, like " are you an indian"?
I am proud of my hair and my heritage, I was just wondering if anybody still likes the long haired Indians? If you other natives get a chance please visit my web site at
my web site , sign my forum or guest book and support native american causes Apachetrends.com
Please don't cut it! I think it is sad to see so many NDN men cutting their hair. Maybe once there was this real negative thing in the mainstream 'White' workplace to cut your hair so a guy didn't have to take a rash of sh*t; but now it is discriminatory and unless you operate machinery, are in food service where the hair needs to be held up or back or covered; there is no reason to lose that identity. I know it's a personal decision for each person. They have to care for their hair and all; but it makes me feel so proud and happy to see a NDN man with his long hair. I don't know why but it is sorta a badge of honor! Just me :49:

p.s. just visited your website, Rob. Very nice! When I talked about 'workplaces' I left out the military. I know they prefer the 'skinhead' look for obvious reasons. Glad you grew it back! The hair!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Last edited by Spirit of Seattle; 07-11-2004 at 02:39 PM..
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
apachetrends.com

Cool thanks for the feed back on long hair

Great feedback on the long hair, I have been working in the transportation bussiness for sometime now, I have moved up from a basic employee to middle managment and now to upper management, I had passed up a better paying job because the company wanted me to cut my hair. I have heard about the native american freedom act and decided to just keep the hair for religious purposes and keep my freedom of being a Native American and working in the work place. Thank you everyone who took a look at my web site and please feel free to go to my forum and post, Rob
Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
I remember a time when an employer could say 'Joe, beards are against our dress code.' And, there went the beard. Times have changed. I would think someone on the career ladder in management that keeps his hair clean and neat shouldn't be a problem even if long. I've seen plenty of shorter hair cuts on slobs for whom hair care seems to be the last concern. The Native guys I know with long hair--they are so damn proud of their hair that it is kept brushed and beautiful, shiny and healthy. They could teach those 'slobs' something about hygiene and more...
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #9
Junior Dancer

Summerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Apachetrends, I'm new here.....

As a mixed breed, I vote for you to keep your hair just as is! It adds to the beauty/authenticity of who/what you are! At one time, there may have been plenty of discrimination against a Ndn man's hair! Today, we have laws against discrimination. We all know prejudice is still alive in America, but they can't tell you what to do with your look/hair anymore! Plus it makes you stand out! With so many people interested in researching their heritage, they look to people like you as role models. Never change who/what you are! Wear you long hair be it straight or braided, and Shine be the beautiful/proud Ndn man the Creator made you to be! The creator never makes trash you know! Shine brother Shine!

Summerwaters
Summerwaters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #10
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 397.00
I lubb the long hair !!!
i juss cut mine about a year ago (it was half way down muh back) and GAWD !!! did i ever felt bad for doing that ,so now i'm tryin' to grow it back , but....i also have to give it a year or so .
And i also lubb muh friends long hair ....she gets quite a lot of compliments ! ( u know who u r !!!) if she ever reads this post ! *L*
Siouxper_Bunz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

Ojipelodoba is a name known to all
My Daughter has the longest hair in the family, and sometimes she complains, But Just refuses to give it up. She Is 10 years old, and Knows what she wants. My Son, who Is 7 years, has the Straight Black indian hair, but His Mother keeps bringing him down to the shop and gets him scalped!!! Yikes, then when it grows back it sticks up everywhere!!! we had some arguments about that happening, she does this because he complains that too many people think or call him a Girl, But after it gets cut short, he begins looking like a porcupine in the mornings!! Cuz he Is Just that cute. But anyways, When he sees me, and his sister tying the feathers into our hair, and his is too short for that, he gets frustrated, and complains his mother keeps cutting his hair!!!!!! What is one to do????? I say, let him grow his hair long, and If someone calls Him a Girl, well, I taught him how to use his cerimonial Middle finger, just for that occasion.
:thunder:
Old 08-24-2004, 02:11 AM   #12
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
I like long hair, on men, mine gets all crazy azz ndn hairy tho, not good. I grow it out till it starts to do the wierd wavy thing, the off it goes just below my collarbone. i notice a lot of white guys like touching it tho...also wierd.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2004, 05:53 PM   #13
C is for Cookie!

IrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond reputeIrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

I think long hair is what makes ndn men unique. Because our men are the only ones that can have long hair and not look gay! It just adds more sexiness to our men! So i say long hair all the way!
IrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #14
Downstream People

ogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
ogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 439.14
I love ndn men with long hair! Just way too sexy! I have my hair down to about my butt. I cut it once and then felt like I had lost part of myself, grew it back, and it's gonna stay long for a good long while!
ogapahndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #15
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,516.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOqUoIs_FeMmE15
I think long hair is what makes ndn men unique. Because our men are the only ones that can have long hair and not look gay! It just adds more sexiness to our men! So i say long hair all the way!
__

IroFeM:

I totally agree with you. Indian men look like Indian MEN with long hair. Long hair on an Indian definitely stands out.

I have my hair long and have to wear suits in my profession. But, at powwows it's long hair and blue jean's all the way!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #16
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,731.21
Long hair is nice. But I like short hair too. I never dated a guy with long hair! *L* Of course I dated a guy from the same tribe every time too. LMAO. Who knew!!! *L*

Either way...I just like a sharped dressed guy with black hair. Got dang.......

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #17
beautifuly brown

Fairchild is an unknown quantity at this point
I luv long hair on ndn men, so hot.
A pow wow is the only place I know of that you can witness men sharing brading techniques.
I have long hair myself that I feel is part of my identity and would never cut it off
:NoNo
Fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
DON'T LOOK DOWN

Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Pony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is long and I like long hair on men sometimes..depends on their overall look.....not good if the top is balding or they have thin hair..but great if it's thick all over.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:34 AM   #19
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
How about red/green/blue or purple hair?

Quote:
I think it looks funny when I see beautiful Indian women with bright colored hair. I mean when it's braided, it looks real corny. I see this lady at every powwow, she always has a different color in her hair and she dances Southern buckskin. The dress looks awesome, but for some reason the hair don't go with the picture.
**jdazmum** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2004, 02:46 AM   #20
PowWows.com Addicts

drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,468.08
long hair is fine

short hair can be good...only if that person choses of their own free will to have hair cut short on purpose/for a purpose of their own desire/necessity. Otherwise, i think the loss that the person has to deal with can be greater than just missing the hair to toss.

red,blue,purple colors in hair ...unimportant (like those colors)
green...would have to look twice..to make sure it wasn't slime

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links