Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Marine's Christmas..... Marine's Christmas.....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #1
is lost in reality...

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Marine's Christmas.....

A Marine's Christmas
'Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone,
In a one bedroom house made of plaster and stone.

I had come down the chimney with presents to give,
And had to see just who in this home did live.

I looked all about, a strange sight I did see,
No tinsel, No Presents, Not even a tree.

No stocking by the mantle, just boots full of sand.
On the wall hung pictures, of a distant land.

With Medals and Badges, Awards of all kinds,
A sober thought, came to mind.

For this house was different, it was dark and dreary,
I found the home of a Marine, Once I could see clearly.

The Marine lay sleeping, silent, alone,
Curled up on the floor, In his one bedroom home.

The face was so gentle, The room in such disorder,
Not how I pictured, A United States Marine.

Was this the hero of whom I'd just read?
Curled up on a poncho, The floor for a bed?

I realized the families that I saw this night,
Owed their lives to these Marines, Who where willing to fight.

Soon around the world, children would play,
And grownups would celebrate, a bright Christmas day.

They enjoyed Freedom, each month of the year,
Because of these Marines, like the one lying here.

I couldn't help wonder, how many lay alone,
On a cold Christmas Eve, In a land Far from home.

The very thought, brought a tear to my eye.
I dropped to my knees and started to cry.

The soldier awakened, and I heard a rough voice,
"Santa don't cry, this life is my choice;
I fight for Freedom, I don't ask for more,
My life is my God, My Country, My Corps."

The Marine rolled over, and soon drifted to sleep.
I couldn't control it, I continued to weep.

I kept watch for hours, So silent and still
And we both shivered from the cold night's chill.

I didn't want to leave on that cold, dark night,
This Guardian of Honor, so willing to fight.

Then the Marine rolled over, with a voice soft and pure,
Whispered, "Carry on Santa. It's Christmas Day, All is Secure."

One look at my watch, and I knew he was right.
Merry Christmas my friend, And to all a good night.

Merry Christmas Devil-Dogs!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 754.00
Savings: 1.00
that's so nice ......meegwitch
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
Hoorah!!!!

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
Resa

Resa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond reputeResa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Leatherneck...that was beautiful
Resa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
**KB Supporter**

little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 36.82
Aaaaw 50, I've always liked to read that. I posted it here too... And it still makes me feel like.. sad.. but it is very good poem..
Old 12-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Wishin ALL troops a Happy and Safe Merry Christmas...

Thanks 50 fer the post.
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Thanks 50 for that. Every time I hear that or read it, I get tears in my eyes because I remember the times that I spent away from home when I was in the Corps. Although I'm not in, I'm still very much a PROUD MARINE.

Wishing all of our troops and there families a VERY happy and safe holiday season. You all are in our prayers.