Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat to much skin.. to much skin..

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
dad is on a distinguished road
Credits: 300.00
Savings: 0.00
to much skin..

there a new style for girls at powwow to dress. i'm not talking about the one dancing but the one walking around the powwow..the girls at real young but the way they dress is to reviling. the girls were hip huggers jeans and real tight top. they show off to much skins for a young age. there are older guys really checking them out. you cant really tell how old they are by the way that they dress. i hope that they will cover up one day before somthing bad will happen to them.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
holay...are you threatening them girls that dress like that on this thread?? :p jk... nawww i've noticed that too..maybe they're just low on self esteem?? I dunno....:dontknow: I just know if my nieces dressed like that EVER they would never hear the end of it from me :D since they are at that age and well...they are tomboys...so i don't have to worry about it LOL dont' get me wrong..they don't look all rugged...but they care about how they dress and what they wear lol..but not too skanky like what you are talking about! I just wonder how their parents feel about their kids/daughters dressing in this manner??? Hmmmmmmmm :34:
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 24.00
As the parent of a teenage daughter, I hated it when hip huggers or low riders as the kids call them now came back into style. Most of the kids wear those type of clothes to fit in with their friends . Haveing been shopping with a tomboy daughter who prefers longer style shirts, it's getting hard to find them! Unless you are buying a jersy or from the mens dept. most shirts for girls are made to show their stomachs. Really ticks the kids off when it comes time to buy school clothes since most schools have rules about how short girls tops, skirts, and shorts are allowed to be.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #4
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Sheesh. And here I thought short shorts were even taboo at pow-wow! I hate seeing a gals midrift. Went to Church on Easter Sunday with my Mom, two teens and their Mom came in while the priest was actually doing the Gospel and the ushers put them the only place open--in front of the front pew. Both the girls had their navels on full display. What was their Mom, thinkin' that's what I want to know! Alot of parents want to be best friends with their kids instead of parents. Why the hell don't they control what the kid wears to certain places? Kids will push the envelope to test you every time; it's up to you whether you let them walk all over you or not. So, it's hot--enjoy wearing it with your peers if you have to, but pow-wows? No. Church? No. Unless you want to advertise. Then the other day I was driving to my Mom's two blocks from her place, on a busy commercial strip this gal was walking on the sidewalk--in her 2 piece bathing suit. Now tell me, where was the pool? Then again, I just had a birthday. Maybe I'm feeling OLD!
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #5
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 580.34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipi Tender
Sheesh. And here I thought short shorts were even taboo at pow-wow! I hate seeing a gals midrift. Went to Church on Easter Sunday with my Mom, two teens and their Mom came in while the priest was actually doing the Gospel and the ushers put them the only place open--in front of the front pew. Both the girls had their navels on full display. What was their Mom, thinkin' that's what I want to know! Alot of parents want to be best friends with their kids instead of parents. Why the hell don't they control what the kid wears to certain places? Kids will push the envelope to test you every time; it's up to you whether you let them walk all over you or not. So, it's hot--enjoy wearing it with your peers if you have to, but pow-wows? No. Church? No. Unless you want to advertise. Then the other day I was driving to my Mom's two blocks from her place, on a busy commercial strip this gal was walking on the sidewalk--in her 2 piece bathing suit. Now tell me, where was the pool? Then again, I just had a birthday. Maybe I'm feeling OLD!
This is coming from someone who has "Go ahead lift my liner!" as her title. LOL!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #6
hidatsawmn26

my sister wears those..personally she shouldnt...but i think in ohio their trying to pass a law now stateing that ppl cant wear those anymore...yay its a violation of civil rights and its never gonna be passed but maybe it will give an issue to thing about saying parents should step up and tell their kids that hip huggers are a no no...-becca
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #7
bl@ckfoothoney

lil gyrls shouldnt try to dress sexy thas all i have to say cuz i know if my 3 gyrls ever dress like that they wont hear the end of me
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
I believe.... do you?

Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Its amazing how parents/adults can complain about what their kids are wearing.. but then again you all probably went thru something similar in which you dressed or presented yourself in a way that was inappropriate.

As a parent of a pre-teen, I too face the challenges of today's fashion trends. I've learned to observe what is being purchased, making sure she tries it on BEFORE buying it, and do not allow her to "borrow" or "loan" out her clothes. Its all a matter of talking to your kids, and even though the trend may be there... you're the adult, and its okay to say no. So what if they pout? Life will go on.
Dazzle_me_now is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #9
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle_me_now
Its amazing how parents/adults can complain about what their kids are wearing.. but then again you all probably went thru something similar in which you dressed or presented yourself in a way that was inappropriate.

As a parent of a pre-teen, I too face the challenges of today's fashion trends. I've learned to observe what is being purchased, making sure she tries it on BEFORE buying it, and do not allow her to "borrow" or "loan" out her clothes. Its all a matter of talking to your kids, and even though the trend may be there... you're the adult, and its okay to say no. So what if they pout? Life will go on.
Welll Said DAzzle!!! :clap:

:blow::blow:
Old 05-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #10
Teen Dancer

alamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond repute
alamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,518.40
At the UCLA Powwow this weekend, one of the women who
was judging the dance contests was wearing the mini-est
of minisirts, a takk top that was barely there and sandals.
But the temperature was probably about 100 degrees.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #11
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
I believe that if you're older, than you can dress however you want. But as a parent, you do decide what your children wear. Every kid will go through their own dress identity period. I just don't like seeing the adult outfits on little girls. Little girls with hip huggers or short shorts and mid drift shirts, stuff like that. Too me that's just asking for a pedophile to stalk them on their way to school, at a park, store ect. I worked in education with kids though so I'm more sensitive to that stuff. I have no compassion for child abuse or neglect.
CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #12
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
maybe i'm getting too old too...lol
Old 05-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Man there are some good posts here! I don't like seeing these kids in those type of clothes. I saw some nine year olds (no joke) wearing tube tops, navels all out, and skin tight assymetrical skirts and high heeled boots walking around talking about how they needed cool jewelry. The mother was just like "you have some like theeeeese?".

I love my niece and am constantly amazed when I remember that cute lil chubby new born is now blossoming into a young lady. When I catch her doing something not cool "picking on folks", wearing something inappropriate, etc. I bust her case in a good way and not only does she learn.....she listens. Just goes to show that they do listen and look up to us, we just have to try to set good examples. I try to instill that a clothed woman can exude just as much sensuality and more respect that one running around half naked "advertising".
Old 05-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #14
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Breeze
This is coming from someone who has "Go ahead lift my liner!" as her title. LOL!
I know!!
I was an oppressed, repressed, well-guarded teen in my day--wasn't allowed to go on a date until I was 17. I guess I'm makin' up for lost time!!
Old 05-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #15
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
I believe that if you're older, than you can dress however you want. But as a parent, you do decide what your children wear. Every kid will go through their own dress identity period. I just don't like seeing the adult outfits on little girls. Little girls with hip huggers or short shorts and mid drift shirts, stuff like that. Too me that's just asking for a pedophile to stalk them on their way to school, at a park, store ect. I worked in education with kids though so I'm more sensitive to that stuff. I have no compassion for child abuse or neglect.
Even a judge at a pow-wow? 100 degrees or not, the judge mentioned in another post ought to have been 'sent home' to change. If the traditional ladies can wear their hot buckskin that judge can d--n well where something a bit more conservative. Where was the pow-wow committee on this one?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:14 PM   #16
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Otter
Man there are some good posts here! I don't like seeing these kids in those type of clothes. I saw some nine year olds (no joke) wearing tube tops, navels all out, and skin tight assymetrical skirts and high heeled boots walking around talking about how they needed cool jewelry. The mother was just like "you have some like theeeeese?".

I love my niece and am constantly amazed when I remember that cute lil chubby new born is now blossoming into a young lady. When I catch her doing something not cool "picking on folks", wearing something inappropriate, etc. I bust her case in a good way and not only does she learn.....she listens. Just goes to show that they do listen and look up to us, we just have to try to set good examples. I try to instill that a clothed woman can exude just as much sensuality and more respect that one running around half naked "advertising".
The good guys will be more enticed by a little mystery. So, why is it we always fall for the bad boys?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #17
Dineth Hearth Throth

Ummmm why not just buy burkas for your kids if you don't like the way they dress!!! *LMAO* :rofl2::rofl2:
Old 05-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #18
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
Well no I wouldn't dress like that if I'm going to be participating at a pow wow. But maybe she didn't know she was going to be asked to judge?? I don't know how they do that there...but even to get out into the arena.....you should be respectful. I just meant in general.....adults can wear what they want....even if it's "stink"
lol
Old 05-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #19
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Wink

This is the just a reflection of our society, and a sign of the times. I'm very sure my parents hated the way I dressed and put make-up on in the early eightees. I cringe at the sight of girls running around with all the skin showing and looking like hoochie-mamas. I'm glad my pre-teen daughter comments that they look trashy; in fact I'm thankful and proud of it. But, I've also raised her very differently than I was. You must go out of your way, as a parent to teach good values to your kids if you ever want their lives and perspectives to change for the better. It's called breaking the cycle!
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #20
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
good posts we are the parents not their friends. In exploring life we shelter them too much. In protecting and developing their self identity and emotional development we dont help them at all.

I see kids wearing bicycle helmets and knee and arm pads with a leash on and their older brothers and sisters may show up at the same place almost naked.