Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat to much skin.. to much skin..

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM   #21
plains n8tv

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I agree with all of you, First and Foremost, we are the parents. I think it has a lot to do with "peer pressure" and the media. I don't agree with it one bit. When a young girl is dressed that way, they bring attention to their bodies and not to what they are as a person.

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #22
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Got to thinkin'...beauty in the eye of the beholder...

I suppose it's natural that guys get 'distracted' by all the skin on those young gals that go around with their navels and all showing; I mean, all it takes for this old lady (49) is to see a fine set of thighs, pecs, hint of a nice butt on a male dancer (I recall trying to peek under the rear apron of a certain gorgeous Crow dancer) and I get sweaty palms, etc., too, just like them, ahem.
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #23
SpOnGeNoNeR RoUndPaNt'Z

jingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamosaurus
At the UCLA Powwow this weekend, one of the women who
was judging the dance contests was wearing the mini-est
of minisirts, a takk top that was barely there and sandals.
But the temperature was probably about 100 degrees.
I didn't see that... but, i remember it was like a big no-no to judge without a shawl on... if you were in ur dance clothes it was okay to judge witout one but, if you were in street clothes, you wore a shawl... this is how i was taught anyways... i guess somethings change...
Old 05-03-2004, 07:37 PM   #24
comchocldy

PW Protocol/Dress

I ddn't see the girl judging in a mini. But there were alot of crazy things going on. I thought the AD would say something about all the looky loos coming in and dancing any old kinda way. For those of you who don't know UCLA is border by Hollywood, Westwood/Beverly Hills. We get a lot of crazies at that PW.

At other PW's I've heard the AD say on the intertribals grab a shawl and come out. They say something like out of respect for our drum and Eagle staff put on a shawl ladies or something like that. But nothing was said. There were people with shorts dancing, several white ladies had shorts on and no shoes and just waltzed out grinning from ear to ear.

A lot of skin was showing around the circle, one girl had on what looked like a scarf skirt, a short top with about 5' of skin showing between the 2.

There were also dogs roaming around, yet the poster clearly said no dogs! of course these were foo foo dogs of the rich, but their crap still stank. Pehaps they should post signs! I don't know. Like Vine Deloria said some people don't know the difference between the sacred and profane.

How parents let their kids walk out half dressed is beyond me. You can be trendy with out sending the wrong message and that's what these girls are doing. As for the circle tradition should be upheld. But I can honestly say that more than one elder has been told (after tryng to bring back the traditional way of doing things ) that this is Cali not Oklahoma and we do things they way we want!

CC
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 07:54 PM   #25
woohooo!! yeah!!

step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
I gotta agree w/Dazzle :D
step_2_da_side is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2004, 11:37 PM   #26
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
:Thinking...but you're not a parent yet :p JK....hehe...whhhaaaaattt you don't like my wearing BURKAS idea???? :rofl2::rofl2:
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #27
Junior Dancer

ndnangel will become famous soon enough
as an older teenager of today it kills me to see even younger girls like 12 wearing clothes that even I wouldn't wear cuz it's to revealing. I remember going to a water park this past summer and seeing like every 12 year old in site wearing bikini tops and short shorts with their zipper unzipped. And wearing way to much make-up.

It's also frustrating to go shopping and seeing all the tops getting shorter and the jeans getting lower. I want to dress my age yet I don't want to look like a hoochie.
ndnangel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #28
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
... if you're older, than you can dress however you want. But as a parent, you do decide what your children wear. ..
yep
:p
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2004, 12:38 AM   #29
woohooo!! yeah!!

step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberrilish
:Thinking...but you're not a parent yet :p JK....hehe...whhhaaaaattt you don't like my wearing BURKAS idea???? :rofl2::rofl2:
considering how many nieces and nephews I have ... I am!! :D LOL

burkas??? u wanna send that kid into 10 years of depression from all the teasing they're gonna get?? :rofl2: JK
step_2_da_side is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2004, 01:12 PM   #30
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah... some outfits get kinda revealing. I was kinda surprised to see these young gals (dancers) wearing all spandex at a few pow wows... tiny tiny short.. shorts. They juss let it all hang out.

I was thinking... Geez.. Can ya cover up a lil'!! I mean... I still get a lil' uncomfortable wearing a tank top. :Chatter...

My boarder always busts out her tight-fitting clothes when it comes time to pow wow. She's a slim.. pretty girl.. I keep telling her she doesn't have to dress like that.. but she doesn't listen. Uuughh.. she has these one pair of hoochie pants that I refuse to let her wear. They're laced up from the ankles to hip and when she sits down... ya see the skin.

Personally, I think there are better ways to attract attention and to present yourself.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #31
SpOnGeNoNeR RoUndPaNt'Z

jingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond repute
HAHA!!! i think i'm going to buy some hoochie pants so i can sport um at my next pow wow.... Char says muh frybread gut is tooooo seeeexxxxyyyyy! : :rofl2: :flowers:
Old 05-05-2004, 07:52 PM   #32
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle genie
HAHA!!! i think i'm going to buy some hoochie pants so i can sport um at my next pow wow.... Char says muh frybread gut is tooooo seeeexxxxyyyyy! : :rofl2: :flowers:
dannnggg girl..i knew you was checkin out mah frybread gut at ASU!!!!! i seen you eyeing it!!! :Eyepopper:

*LMAO* :rofl2::rofl2: MINES IS BIGGER!!!! LMAO
Old 05-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #33
SpOnGeNoNeR RoUndPaNt'Z

No, it only sits higher up then minez cuz, ur taller... LMAO!!! frybread gutt on you... LMAO!! ur like, i'm going to start callin' burboliveoil... LOL like popey's wife!!! But, Brian doesn't look much like popey (dang, it that even how you spell pop-eye) LOL :D
Old 05-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #34
Dineth Hearth Throth

you just jelly :p Jk :rofl2::rofl2: you're cracked nonerz!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #35
Seeking Him

Taushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant future
Savings: 554.36
With this topic of clothing I could easily pass judgement on girls that dress 'like that' because when I was growing up I was a tomboy. Even now that I'm grown I'm conservative in what I wear. So it could be easy for me to be prideful about not dressing like that.

But the question arises, why are they dressing like that? Is sex the motivation? Are they trying to attract a guy? Is it really hot out? Are they trying to make other girls jealous? Does their father not love them? Who knows. I know its not my place to judge their motivation.

The temptation to dress 'that way' is at an all time high. *LOL* I was at Walmart looking at the toddler clothes for my 3 y/o niece and I was shocked at the clothing 'they' are putting out for toddlers!

I think there are other ways in addition to dressing provocative, that girls/women use to manipulate guys into liking them. Like, acting or talking a certain way.

My hope would be that those girls would feel beautiful, not because of how they dress or act but because God loves them and He created them. Also, I hope that they would meet a guy that would make them feel beautiful regardless of how they look. :)
Old 05-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #36
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
well I got nothing against navel display... it's a belly button...LOL.. anyhow it's gonna be hard not to have your kids dressing this way since that's about all the stores are carrying these days. JC Penney when I was there a month ago had nothing but low rise flare cuff pants and those close fitting t's. Been to walmart lately??? You want to buy them some more conservative looking clothes, make them fat and shop in the fat department.. it's full of nothing but retro t shirts and capri pants...(sigh). The main problem is.. this is FASHION and FASHION always rules the market. That's why I am having problem buying shoes the last 3 years.. everything made is for a narrow long foot and I got a short wide ndn foot! Even tennis shoes these days are like that... .

Last edited by Blackbear; 05-22-2004 at 08:45 PM..
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #37
Seeking Him

Taushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant future
Savings: 554.36
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
well I got nothing against navel display... it's a belly button...LOL.. anyhow it's gonna be hard not to have your kids dressing this way since that's about all the stores are carrying these days. JC Penney when I was there a month ago had nothing but low rise flare cuff pants and those close fitting t's. Been to walmart lately??? You want to buy them some more conservative looking clothes, make them fat and shop in the fat department.. it's full of nothing but retro t shirts and capri pants...(sigh). The main problem is.. this is FASHION and FASHION always rules the market. That's why I am having problem buying shoes the last 3 years.. everything made is for a narrow long foot and I got a short wide ndn foot! Even tennis shoes these days are like that... .

I hear you about the shoes. I have, what I call, Fred Flinstone feet. :) *lol* And it is hard to find some what conservative clothing now days, but not entirely impossible.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:58 AM   #38
Dineth Hearth Throth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
You want to buy them some more conservative looking clothes, make them fat and shop in the fat department.. it's full of nothing but retro t shirts and capri pants...(sigh). ...everything made is for a narrow long foot and I got a short wide ndn foot! Even tennis shoes these days are like that... .
HUH??? what is wrong with capri's??? ...dont really care for the retro look...but hey hey.. not ALLLLLLL ndn's have SHORT WIDE FEET!!!! ...there ARE natives out here that have narrow/normal feet :) and no they are not long nor short..they are just right....:o
Old 05-23-2004, 03:55 AM   #39
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Nothing wrong with capris... just retro shirts (tshirts with eeyore and charlies angels and ghost buster logos) and capri pants were all they had in the fat section of walmart right now LOL. I don't wear capri pants so their useless to me. Remember 5 years ago when it was all those long flowey hippy like skirts? And hey hey hey yourself... who says narrow feet are "normal" feet? ROFLMAO!! :)
Old 05-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #40
Dancer

akuluk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Omg

Yes I agree our young ladies are under dress and at a Pow-Wow well to me that not cool I am I was raised not to show my skin at powwows or ceremonies and around elders. I am a mother (widow) and my daughter is 12 but she very good and respects herself and her body. When she dances she knows not to show to much leg. But some of these girls geeze it is crazy you can see almost everything. My Grandma (Kunsi) would give me the beats if I did that LOL!!

Still can't get no smilies or pictures or anything it is just not fair I need to get on and chat more oftern

Akuluk
akuluk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links