Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Nationwide gas prices set another record Nationwide gas prices set another record

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 11:57 PM   #21
wolf

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
pix_xl2call@hotmail. is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb This Is The Whole Picture

[FONT=Times New Roman] undefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatfield589
NEW YORK (AP) The retail price of gasoline soared more than 18 cents last week to an average $2.55 a gallon nationwide, a new record, the Energy Department reported Monday.
The previous record high was $2.37 per gallon, established the previous week. Adjusting for inflation, retail gasoline prices peaked above $3 a gallon in 1981.

The latest weekly government survey said the average price nationwide of regular-grade gasoline rose by 18.2 cents to $2.55 per gallon, or 67.5 cents a gallon higher than the same time a year ago.
Pump prices were highest on the West Coast, averaging $2.669 a gallon, and cheapest in the Rocky Mountain region, where motorists paid on average $2.44 a gallon. In the Midwest, gas averaged $2.531 per gallon.
>Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...
>
>And - If you don't pass this along to at least one person, your nose will
>fall off. That's better than some threats you've heard from emails!
>Compared with Gasoline
>
>Think a gallon of gas is expensive?
>
>
>This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.
>
>Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 . $10.32 per gallon
>
>
>Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon
>
>
>Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon
>
>
>Ocean Spray
>16 oz $1.25 . $10.00 per gallon
>
>
>
>Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 . $33.60 per gallon
>
>
>Vick's Nyquil
>6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon
>
>
>Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ..... $123.20 per gallon
>
>Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 . . $25.42 per gallon
>
>Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .......$84.48 per gallon
>
>And this is the REAL KICKER...
>Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?! $21.19 for WATER - and
>the buyers don't even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.
>So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water,
>Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid Pepto Bismal or Nyquil.
>
DON'T YOU THINK THAT BIG BUSINESS IS TAKING EVERY ONE FOR A RIDE.

LAWYERS ALSO. oNE CASE WAS SETTLED FOR 340,000 $ THE 2 LAWYERS CHARGED THEIR CLIENT 174,000$ LUCKY FOR HER THE PRESIDING JUDGE USED HIS DISCRETIONARY POWER AND AWARSED THEM A FEE OF ONLY 40,000$, SAY THAT THEIR ORIGINAL FEW WAS RIDICULUS.

Last edited by pix_xl2call@hotmail.; 08-22-2005 at 12:06 AM..
pix_xl2call@hotmail. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2005, 05:57 AM   #22
Teen Dancer

Joshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua has a reputation beyond repute
I think the prices here are like..2.53 a gallon but I've only got a few tenths under 5 miles to my place of employment, so the only time I'm annoyed at the prices is when I have to fill up.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #23
wolf

pix_xl2call@hotmail. is a jewel in the rough
That's US$ aye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
I think the prices here are like..2.53 a gallon but I've only got a few tenths under 5 miles to my place of employment, so the only time I'm annoyed at the prices is when I have to fill up.

Up here it's 1.05 / L X 4= 4.20 roughly per gal. When it's -20 or -30C and you have to warm up the car before you more,
it's a B----. conclusion we are paying about 1.16 more.
pix_xl2call@hotmail. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #24
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
Gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatfield589
NEW YORK (AP) The retail price of gasoline soared more than 18 cents last week to an average $2.55 a gallon nationwide, a new record, the Energy Department reported Monday.
The previous record high was $2.37 per gallon, established the previous week. Adjusting for inflation, retail gasoline prices peaked above $3 a gallon in 1981.

The latest weekly government survey said the average price nationwide of regular-grade gasoline rose by 18.2 cents to $2.55 per gallon, or 67.5 cents a gallon higher than the same time a year ago.

Pump prices were highest on the West Coast, averaging $2.669 a gallon, and cheapest in the Rocky Mountain region, where motorists paid on average $2.44 a gallon. In the Midwest, gas averaged $2.531 per gallon.
And the prices are still rising. Here in ABQ. the price is $2.69 per gallon. And you know the thing that sucks is that in Iraq they only PAY 5 CENTS A GALLON!!

My final report is on this subject, nice to know how we are losing out!
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2005, 04:19 PM   #25
PowWows.com Addicts

Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,042.85
I bought a Crew Cab Chevy Silverado in January. It's been sitting for a good part of the summer. I think if I went to go and fill the truck up now, I would be paying about $60. Good thing I decided to keep my car and not trade it in or sell it! LOL
Old 08-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #26
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Hi
We are sitting at 2.59 for the week I don't know about Labor Day holiday.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #27
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,038.37
Savings: 1.00
Milk is still more expensive per gallon and the kids sure can go through some of that cold white stuff. I like it too.

I topped off my tank at a Sams Club station for 2.48 a gallon! Around town it is running 2.50 and up!
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #28
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Hi
The price of Gasoline may go up after the hurricane Katrina moves thru the south the refineries are shut down and the drilling rigs are shut down too for the storm. Here is the link to the story goto http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5612507/ for the info.

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 08-28-2005 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Put in a URL
Old 08-29-2005, 04:26 AM   #29
Gourd Dancer

JimGrayOwl has a spectacular aura about
It's just going to get worse. What really sucks is that we're supposidly liberating one of the most oil rich countries in the world, and we're still gettin it right up the ole tail pipe. It's not over yet. I think it was Mobile Oil that netted $67 Billion in profits last year. They certainly can't afford to give us a break!!
JimGrayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #30
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
I just saw $2.859 yesterday in Northern Kentucky, but I saw $2.499 in Ohio less than 25 miles away. I think some of the discrepancies are due to unscrupulous business owners, but JimGrayOwl is most definitely correct. Oil companies do whatever they can to keep shareholders happy. Since gas controls our entire economy, maybe the government ought to take a look at it's anti-trust laws, because I'm pretty sure the current method of management is not acceptable for US companies....
andre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2005, 11:24 PM   #31
Biboon omaa

Hi
The price of gasoline just gone up from 2.59 to 2.69 from the neighborhood gas station.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:37 AM   #32
Ur No 1 RoundDanceQueen

MishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond repute
MishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
This was an email I recieved today....

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--
Why didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia.
Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell............................ 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels
If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (oil is now $55-$80 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that
do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco..................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips............0 barrels
Hess.......................0 barrels
ARC0.....................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and

so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,

we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!
"What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown
MishkomekinaakIkwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #33
Biboon omaa

MishkomekinaakIkwe
I usually buy my gasoline from the spur station from Muphery Oil Refinery in Superior.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #34
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Sorry I got no choice but to get mine from Shell......I can't afford to be driving across town to get gas from another area.....ironic, isn't it??......anyway, I'll be making a copy of your post and forward to all those I know......but this morning, I filled up on 65 dollars!!!!!!! Gas here in my part of town (Flagstaff) is 2.79.......hmmmm, sounds like I'm back in cali......sure do miss the beach though, just step out my back door and there it was.......now I step out and theres dog poop and some wacko college student staring back at me.....*L*

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #35
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
crazy!!! i buy from conoco most of the time....

last night i got a phone call from my collegue and he was panicking about the price of gas. one of our employees was in a gas station filling up one of our trucks last night and according to the owners/mgrs of that station the price of gasoline was suppose to jump up by 30-50 cents by today! and this is due to the damage to the oil rigs down south (hurricane katrina). so ya last night i filled my tank just in case ($2.63/gal.)! LOL and this morning we called the gas company to come fill each and every one of our tanks at the shop including all of the trucks we have (topped off the gas tanks! lol). SCARY!!!
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #36
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
and here I was thinking of filling up last night, should have gone with first instincts.....serves me right........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #37
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
ya i had all my friends filling up their tanks last night!!! @ 10pm last night it was $2.63/g and this am it was $2.75/g and i live in SOUTH DAKOTA people!! haha it's going to keep going up...that we do know...so best be gettin' your tanks filled or start walking! ugh! we have an electric scooter...think i'll start riding that to work! haha
Old 08-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #38
Junior Dancer

AEn8ive_kita is a glorious beacon of light
I just put gas in my car and aaaahhh.... it was 2.79 per gallon and I live in NEW MEXICO>>> *frowns*

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol
AEn8ive_kita is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #39
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

Holy Cow! Eeek!!

my uncle owns a gas station in nd and he called our shop today and said his price is going up $.20/g tomorrow!!! our company is going on contract with our fuel supplier today and we're getting unleaded for $2.89 just aren't sure how many thousands of dollars we're gonna be able to contract!? so i'll say it again.........GET TO FILLIN' UR TANKS UP!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #40
Junior Dancer

yuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond reputeyuchgeha has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 317.00
Angry

Yesterday afternoon it was $2.56/gallon in Bartlesville, OK, but today it's at $2.79/gallon. 23 cents a gallon increase in less than 24 hours.
yuchgeha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links