Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat New Movies......Reviews please!!!!! New Movies......Reviews please!!!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Indigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool New Movies......Reviews please!!!!!

:D Did you just come back from the movies????? What did you think??????? Let's us know...........movies cost alot these days so I gotta be picky............whata ya got??????

Everyone is talkin about "The Passion" anyone see it yet?

That new movie with Johny Depp looks pretty good
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/secretwindow/cms/

The last movie I saw was Lord of the Rings - Return of the King............I saw it twice..........
<Semper Fi!>
Indigenous97 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
Junior Dancer

Indigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond reputeIndigenous97 has a reputation beyond repute
Osama

This sounds like a good one. It's about
http://www.mgm.com/ua/osama/#

Osama is the first feature film in post-taliban era of Afghanistan. It’s about a young girl who must pretend to be a boy so that she can go find work to save her family!!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo thankful for being born with here and with the freedom to provide for my family and to have the honor of having served in the Marine Corps!!!!
<Semper Fi!>
Old 02-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Saw Cold Mountain - great movie!
But then the book was AWESOME!!

Waiting for Hidalgo.

Butterfly Effect is showing here now. Did anyone see it?
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

luvlumbee is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 160.00
I saw Cold Mountain and yes it was excellent.
I also saw Big Fish which I loved.
Just saw First 50 Dates over the weekend...it was hilarious! I loved it. I liked the romance in it too because im a romantic kinda girl;)
Old 02-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Ole Heathen

Badmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Movies......Reviews please!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Indigenous97
:D Did you just come back from the movies????? What did you think??????? Let's us know...........movies cost alot these days so I gotta be picky............whata ya got??????

Everyone is talkin about "The Passion" anyone see it yet?

That new movie with Johny Depp looks pretty good
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/secretwindow/cms/

The last movie I saw was Lord of the Rings - Return of the King............I saw it twice..........

Miracle was awesome! I even still remember watching the actual 1980 USA - Soviet game on TV. :flag:

I'd even recommend it for you Candians, eh?!
Badmutha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

alamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond repute
alamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond reputealamosaurus has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,518.40
O.K. Here are the last 4 movies I saw and some comments.

1. The Last Samurai. Good movie,but I disagreed with one of the
movie's presises--that the Japanese Government's treatment of
its Samuri caste paralleled the U.S. government's treatment of
native people. The Samurai were an integral part of the Japanese
government's infrastructure, but they did not want to modernize
methods of fighting. They were NOT a tribal group fighting for
survival.

2. Master and Commander. Good Movie. The ship's doctor/
naturalist was partially modelled on Charles Darwin. Incidentally,
Darwin did not originate the idea of evolution; he originated,
with Afred Russel Wallace, the idea of evolution as a result of
natiural selection. The idea of evolution is much older, but early
supporters of evolution believed either in the inheritance of
acquired characteristics, or in a built-in drive for "improvement"
in each species--or both.

3. Lord of the Rings Part III. The best. Wonderful special
effects. But you had to see the first two for the movie to make
complete sense.

4. Cold Mountain. Second best. A word on the battle at the
beginning: that was the SECOND battle of Petersburg. The
first battle of Petersburg was a month earlier; on June 25,
1864, Grant tried to take the Confederate positions by storm,
and failed. He had been losing battles all summer (Wilderness,
Spottsylvania Court House, New Market, Cold Harbor....). The
crater assault was ordered by General Burnside; if he had been
allowed to go through with his original plan, it might of succeeded.
He had a regiment trained for the assault and with special
equipment for climbing the crater walls--but it was an all-African
American regiment. Several other generals, among them
General Meade, told Burnside that it was "politically incorrect" to
use black troops for such an 'experimantal" operation--with the
result that the assault failed, and the attack on Petersburg turned
into a protracted siege that went on until the next year.
I think part of the idea of "Cold Mountain" was to de-glamorize
the Civil War and show it for the vicious conflict that it was; other
recent Civil War films (Glory, Gods and Generals, Gettysburg) have
tended to romanticize it.

Still to be reviewed, although I haven't seen them yet:
Touching the Void (Definitely)
Mystic River (Possibly)
Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

Talking Reviews are In!!!!!!!

Thanx everyone!
Here’s the links in case you want to check’em out.
:c1: “Cold Mountain” – Got thumbs up from both (wyo_rose & luvlumbee) and a half a thumb from (alamosaurus)
http://www.coldmountainmovie.com/

“Hidalgo” - Got a thumbs up from (wyo_rose). This does look like it is going to be good.
http://hidalgo.movies.go.com/main.html

:24: “Butterfly Effect” – Got a thumbs up from (wyo_rose).
http://www.butterflyeffectmovie.com/

:Fish “Big Fish” – Got a thumbs up from (luvlumbee). Another excellent choice I might add.
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/bigfish/

:serenade: “First 50 Dates” – Got a thumbs up from (luvlumbee)
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/50firstdates/

:medal!: “Miracle” – Got a thumbs up from (Badmutha) for all you hockey fans!!
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/miracle/home.html

:worthy: (alamosaurus)!!!!!!!!! AWESOME REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you should check it out!! Hats off to ya bud!
“Last Samurai” - http://lastsamurai.warnerbros.com/home.php :karate:
“Master and Commander” - http://www.masterandcommanderthefarsideoftheworld.com/ :sailingaw
“Lord of the Rings Part III” - http://www.lordoftherings.net/ :duel12: I have to admit a personal favorite of mine.
Not reviewed yet by (alamosaurus):
“Touching the Void” (Definitely) - http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808520256
”Mystic River” (Possibly) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327056/
<Semper Fi!>

Last edited by Indigenous97; 02-26-2004 at 08:55 PM..
Old 02-27-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
Junior Dancer

<Semper Fi!>

Last edited by Indigenous97; 02-28-2004 at 12:45 PM..
Old 02-28-2004, 12:46 PM   #9
Junior Dancer

anybody.......

Anybody going to the movies this weekend? If so what ya see:)
<Semper Fi!>
Old 02-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #10
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
My movie night...

We went to see the film "Monster" starring Charlize Theron. Oh my gawd.. there were a few scenes that made me cringe. You walk out of the movie feeling a mix of emotions. Ya kinda feel for the woman but her actions were awful. I don't wanna ruin it for people but I recommend going to see it.

http://www.monsterfilm.com/

Next movie to see.... I have a choice between...

*The Butterfly Effect
*Blue Butterfly
*The Passion
... for a lil' humour and laffs... *50first dates
Old 03-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

Quick question....

Miss_Nishnab - Thanks for the review!!!!!

Now did you get a chance to see the "Whale Rider" yet, and if so do you think Charlize should of gotten that Oscar or did that young girl from the Whale Rider? I saw the Whale Rider and thought it was awesome and I feel that the young girl should of gotten not only for the great job she did but also to being that talented at such a young age. This was her first acting job as well. I haven't seen "Monster" yet so I really can't say.
<Semper Fi!>
Old 03-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
Junior Dancer

Post Hidalgo

Anybody check out "Hidalgo"? Was it good or was it, can wait to come out on video movie?
<Semper Fi!>
Old 03-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick question....

Quote:

Now did you get a chance to see the "Whale Rider" yet, and if so do you think Charlize should of gotten that Oscar or did that young girl from the Whale Rider? I saw the Whale Rider and thought it was awesome and I feel that the young girl should of gotten not only for the great job she did but also to being that talented at such a young age. This was her first acting job as well. I haven't seen "Monster" yet so I really can't say.
I'll have to get to you on that one... :) I haven't seen Whale Rider yet.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:59 AM   #14
Alibamu-Koasati

superdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 625.02
I saw *Hildago*, was a pretty good movie. Slow start but the ending was good.
superdj126 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2004, 03:01 AM   #15
Alibamu-Koasati

superdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond repute
And hey, *Whale Rider* is an excellent movie. Rented the DVD a few weeks back. Good story!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #16
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Great thread, and great reviews!

But did you all know we have a review section where you can post these??

http://www.powwows.com/reviews/
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #17
Teen Dancer

Lakota_Lady is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 755.51
Re: Quick question....

Quote:

I agree with you, Whale Rider is an awesome movie, and should have gotten more recoginition at the Oscars! That little girl is really good.
My daughter and her friend went to Monster the other night and they didn't care for it. In fact my girl wouldn't even talk about it. Made me think twice about wanting to see it.
Lakota_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #18
Junior Dancer

Thanks!

:D Lakota_Lady - Hey lady, yeah I am in total agreement. I feel that little girl should of got that Oscar. I still have not seen Monster but now like you I don't know if I want to check it out. I am just going to wait for it to come out on video.

:D Paul G - Thanks, no I didn't know that was there!!! Thanks for the heads up!

:D superdj126 - Thanks so much for the input!!! So do you think Hildago is "Movie Worthy" or do you think it is a good "Wait to come for Video"?
<Semper Fi!>
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM   #19
Alibamu-Koasati

Re: Thanks!

:D superdj126 - Thanks so much for the input!!! So do you think Hildago is "Movie Worthy" or do you think it is a good "Wait to come for Video"? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it's worth the $7.00 to go see. Unless you wanna rent it in a few months for 3.99 a night.:p
Sponsored Links