Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #61
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
othellobloke is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Oh sure, someone is going to say, "Why did you open the thread?" I mean, considering Othello is on my IGNORE LIST, why would I desire to read a thread with 1/2 of the replies blanked out?

Well, you see, it is like a horrific Internet car wreck: I couldn't HELP myself!
Only a silly person would keep opening a thread where they can't see half the replies.
othellobloke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #62
wakalapi wacinkte

Tiki has a reputation beyond repute
Tiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
neither it goes deeper than that, it's kind of about things like what are we fighting for. The past does not change history or the lifes of people, the present and future do. I can spend all my life whining and hating about the past and be a miserable human beeing or i can look to the present and future and to the possibilities presented to us.
On the white side of the family we are related to Robert E. Lee and while some of the family fought for the south the other fought for the north... Which one is the traitor??
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
neither it goes deeper than that, it's kind of about things like what are we fighting for. The past does not change history or the lifes of people, the present and future do. I can spend all my life whining and hating about the past and be a miserable human beeing or i can look to the present and future and to the possibilities presented to us.
On the white side of the family we are related to Robert E. Lee and while some of the family fought for the south the other fought for the north... Which one is the traitor??
No offence dude but that must REALLY SUCK! I mean REALLY! I'm intrigued... how does the white side of your family deal with the fact they're related to such a monster?

As to your question... the native perspective aside for one moment... the ones who fought for the south were the bad guys.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #64
wakalapi wacinkte

Tiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond repute
neither side was the bad side othello. How was Robert E Lee a monster?? Did I miss that part of history??
the south just like the north fought for an ideal, the north for principle,the south for their way of life.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #65
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by othellobloke View Post
This is the part I don't get. But anyway... you mentioned justice. Are you referring to judicial system in the U.S, or social justice for the past?

could the reason you "don't get it" be because you don't have any loyalty to your country or homeland?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #66
Banned

Quote:
neither side was the bad side othello. How was Robert E Lee a monster?? Did I miss that part of history??
the south just like the north fought for an ideal, the north for principle,the south for their way of life.
He fought for the south... and every ideal the south had was bad. All that twaddle about he was in favour of emancipation is propaganda. Had the south won, and Lee became President... slavery would have flourished. There's a fictional book called 'K' is for Killing by Daniel Easterman. Get that book and read it. That's how America would be today if the south had won the war.

Besides... anyone who would say:

"My own opinion is that, at this time, they [black Southerners] cannot vote intelligently, and that giving them the [vote] would lead to a great deal of demagogism, and lead to embarrassments in various ways."

deserved to be shot dead anyway.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose View Post
could the reason you "don't get it" be because you don't have any loyalty to your country or homeland?
Far from it... I'm fiercely loyal to the U.K... I'm just fiercely ashamed of its history, and get more and more ashamed as I study more and more. England is just like Canada... both have the potential to become the greatest countries in the world... if they make up for history. Money and economies shouldn't be an object when it comes to reconciliation.

If the U.K were invaded by the gits across the Channel, I'd fly home tomorrow and start wasting the Pierre's by the hundreds.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #68
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Oth. Let's consider the situations in England and surrounding areas - Scotland, Ireland.
First - Why did the Anglicans abandon the Catholics? They fought over that. Which ones are the monsters?
Why are the Irish fighting underground against each other? Why the bombings? Who are the monsters?
Why was there big fuss over potatoes? Were there monsters involved? Dragons?
Do you bow to the queen? Why is there a queen?
How come they didn't like Fergie?
Was Diana's death a conspiracy?
Is that tunnel going to France an English/French brotherhood?
Do the queens guards outside the palace ever get hardons when they see sexy vixens walking by? Why not? Are they gay?

Please..... we'd like some answers too.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #69
Banned

This is the first post that made me laugh out loud. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
Hey Oth. Let's consider the situations in England and surrounding areas - Scotland, Ireland.
First - Why did the Anglicans abandon the Catholics? They fought over that. Which ones are the monsters?
Henry VIII wanted his marriage to Catherine of Aragon annulled. The Pope wasn't having it... so the Anglicans made the breakaway 'Church of England'.

Quote:
Why are the Irish fighting underground against each other? Why the bombings? Who are the monsters?
The two sides are the Catholics and Protestants. The Protestant 'fighters' consist of groups like the UVF and UFF (Ulster Volunteer Force / Ulster Freedom Fighters) are loyal to the Crown and want Northern Ireland to remain part of the U.K.

The Catholics have groups such as the IRA and RIRA (Irish Republican Army / Real Irish Republican Army). They want the colonisation to end and Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland again.

I support the ideals of the Catholics in wanting a united Ireland, but not for one second would I support their former methods. Up until the Good Friday Agreement, both sides were a bunch of murdering heathens who all should have been shot dead.

Quote:
Why was there big fuss over potatoes? Were there monsters involved? Dragons?
Potatoes were the main staple of the Irish diet. Cut a long story short, due to a blight... the potato crop died out and around one million Irish basically starved to death.

Quote:
Do you bow to the queen? Why is there a queen?
Absolutely not. The Royal Family is reminiscent of an era where people were judged by their social status. I don't buy into the crap about one person being better than another simply because they're related someone in history who was more savage and bloodthirsty than someone else.

There's a Queen basically because of an Anglo sense of greed... in wanting to control and have power.

Interesting point is that Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Princes William and Henry are all illegitimate... and NOT the 'rightful' Royal Family. Check out this page Great Britain’s Real Monarch The Fight And The Future

Quote:
How come they didn't like Fergie?
Because she was a harlot with money management problems.

Quote:
Was Diana's death a conspiracy?
Absolutely. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Do you really think a centuries old W.A.S.P. establishment would let a brown skinned foreigner get into the aristocracy and be connected with the Royal Family?

Personally Diana was a silly drama queen who needed a good slap in the chops, but she did use her undeserved fame for good causes with landmines n stuff.

Quote:
Is that tunnel going to France an English/French brotherhood?
It was supposed to boost commerce between the commercial and financial behemoth of Londinium... and the rest of Europe. Whilst it has a bit... management of it was crap and bankruptcy has been floating around it since inception.

Quote:
Do the queens guards outside the palace ever get hardons when they see sexy vixens walking by? Why not? Are they gay?
It depends if a fine looking bird saunters by in the buff and then starts grinding up against his uniform. You could always fly to London and try something.

But the general consensus is that unless you pulled out a gun or tried to kill someone in view of them, it'd be easier stealing the crown jewels than getting them to move any body part except their toes.

The British Army has 'don't ask, don't tell' the same as you Yanks when it comes to homosexuals... but the reason they don't move is they're concentrating on guarding the palaces.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #70
Happy Woman!

Foxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Foxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond repute
wow and there is my history lesson for the day geez thats a lot of stuff cool opinions!

Foxmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #71
Junior Dancer

miikaawaadizi is a splendid one to beholdmiikaawaadizi is a splendid one to beholdmiikaawaadizi is a splendid one to beholdmiikaawaadizi is a splendid one to behold
Savings: 927.66
This has to be the most fascinating spin I've ever seen since Tony Blair's election promises.

Almost makes Wikipedia look canonical really :) This guy should work for BIA.
miikaawaadizi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #72
wakalapi wacinkte

brush up on your US history. You just cna' teducate someone who refuses to learn
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miikaawaadizi View Post
This has to be the most fascinating spin I've ever seen since Tony Blair's election promises.

Almost makes Wikipedia look canonical really :) This guy should work for BIA.
Uhhh why would I work for the BIA?

Quote:
brush up on your US history. You just cna' teducate someone who refuses to learn
Which parts of U.S history are you referring to?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #74
Banned

double post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #75
wakalapi wacinkte

never mind

Last edited by Tiki; 10-03-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #76
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 367.44
Kii - that's some funny shtuff!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #77
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Quote:
never mind

Goot one!
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #78
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthunder View Post
so...anyone want to own up as to who gave me red beads on this topic? Come on guys....you can do it.
Boozhoo niji,

May the force be with you. I got a couple here or there probably from no name lurkers with a post once and leave before they get fried attitude.

I can sorta relate it to the time when our ancestors used to go creeping into other tribes villages and counted coup. But there is a big difference to that and adding a red bead to your rep, and here it is. Back then, if someone counted coup on yer butt everyone in the village knew it and ragged you out for months about it. Around here, if someone drops you a red bead, and its like you or me with a ton of green ones no ones the wiser, unless you say something about it, lol.

Red bead? I dont see no stinkin red beads.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #79
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Quote:

Actually, just a quick clarification, no insult intended or anything like that.

The past is past and cannot be changed no matter what, its done, over with. History is a record of the past, and can be changed. Also, history is oftentimes innacurate as it is written by the VICTORS. This means that despite what actually happened, whatever it was that did happen might just be skewed to make the other side look better, rightous, or just.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #80
Happy Woman!

Foxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Foxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond reputeFoxmoon has a reputation beyond repute
I only have ever gotten one red bead from a dirty joke and there was no name so I said ok and told more but in a room where kids couldnt go.

Foxmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links