Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Partaking in other cultures Partaking in other cultures

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
wrapped in ribbonwork!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
Savings: 0.00
I've been to a dozen countries, mostly in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and India. The world is becoming more global and many of the unique differences between countries and cultures are disappearing in a lot of places. Still, I make an effort to get off the tourist track and experience some of the everyday life wherever I am. Some of the best memories I have involve simply interacting with regular folks and getting their perspective on things. Often times, that has led me to get invited to something that I might not otherwise have had access to. Here at home, I have friends who are South Asian/East Indian and they invite me once in awhile to their religious and social events.

Experiencing other cultures is a good thing and can broaden one's understanding of human nature. It also makes you appreciate the positive things about your own society. Gosh, when I came back from India I was so very happy to be back where there is an expanse of open space, peace and quiet and the orderly driving that we have here in the USA!
Czechy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #22
goofball

Items ElephantPresent
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,002.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by elokuu View Post
Haha, respect! I've never done that even though I'm a Finn, although I always lie about it (especially to British people) and say that I have, 'cos I don't wanna seem like a sissy...
Well my finish neighbor...lol...you ARE sissy..lol..j/k
Greeetings from a Swedish Sami
Sunktaki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #23
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Savings: 1.00
As many of you are aware, I consider thinking to be an olympic sport. A necessary prelude to thinking is observation. A requirement for observation is "going there."

I've been to a few places and investigated, from afar, quite a few more. In general, there's nothing like being introduced by a local or -- in my case while living in Guadalajara, MX -- being able to pass for a local whilst living like a king on $15 per day. (Not every experience was good, but it was ALL an experience.)

I will tell you this, though: once you open your mind to, "I want to experience this stuff and see what other cultures/people think," there's no going back. You're going to become that way about everything.

Curiosity is a GOOD thing. :)

Last edited by Zeke; 02-11-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 143,225.72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
As many of you are aware, I consider thinking to be an olympic sport. A necessary prelude to thinking is observation. A requirement for observation is "going there."

I've been to a few places and investigated, from afar, quite a few more. In general, there's nothing like being introduced by a local or -- in my case while living in Guadalajara, MX -- being able to pass for a locale whilst living like a king on $15 per day. (Not every experience was good, but it was ALL an experience.)

I will tell you this, though: once you open your mind to, "I want to experience this stuff and see what other cultures/people think," there's no going back. You're going to become that way about everything.

Curiosity is a GOOD thing. :)
Is that where you gained all your weight eating the staples of the land? LOL j/k

I guess my question is did you don the indigenous clothing and partake of their dances and then bring them back and use them for profit?

Or did you go there, enjoy the indigenous people, learn a small bit of their culture and come home with a memory?

Reminds me of the time we were walking in Mexico City. Everybody had to stop while a couple of the Printup boys were being rescued from two grandmothers. They had the poor boys pinned against the building wall telling them in spanish how beautiful their long hair was! Poor young men were so scared!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Is that where you gained all your weight eating the staples of the land? LOL j/k

I guess my question is did you don the indigenous clothing and partake of their dances and then bring them back and use them for profit?

Or did you go there, enjoy the indigenous people, learn a small bit of their culture and come home with a memory?

Reminds me of the time we were walking in Mexico City. Everybody had to stop while a couple of the Printup boys were being rescued from two grandmothers. They had the poor boys pinned against the building wall telling them in spanish how beautiful their long hair was! Poor young men were so scared!
Pretty damn funny JoeJoe!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #26
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
don the indigenous clothing and partake of their dances and then bring them back and use them for profit?
They do that on their own, just like we do.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,089.55
i remember in the second grade, a teacher had invited me to learn mexican folk dancing and do performances with fellow students at other schools and what not. well i turned that down, i remember telling her i'm not mexican. well that was my second grade logic, i missed out on an opportunity to learn something for fun, not for profit.

zeke is right. curiosity is a good thing. i would like to learn salsa dancing, for fun, not for profit.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
elokuu and Suntaki,
I've enjoyed both Finland and Sweden. I still kinda kick myself for not having done the sauna thing. Also wanted to see Lappland but did not have the time.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 AM   #29
Pow Wow Visitor

elokuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunktaki View Post
Well my finish neighbor...lol...you ARE sissy..lol..j/k
Greeetings from a Swedish Sami
*sob* But I've rolled around in the snow after sauna plenty times, do I get any credit for that? LOL. Oh, I gotta ask...did you guys like salmiakki?

I'd say, if anyone wants to experience a Finnish sauna, I'd recommend a wood-heated one and swimming in a lake in the summer, surely that's much nicer...:) Actually, I've been thinking it would be cool try tourism in my own country...see the loveli lakes...just try an outsider's perspective, and maybe even go around helsinki in a tourist bus tour, who knows, I might even learn something new! haha. I love travelling abroad too, of course.

I agree with everyone that it's the best thing when you meet or already know some locals and they introduce you around their town and culture. i've lived in the UK for 3 years, that's the longest time I've been abroad. Not sure now if I took part in any traditional British activities though...I guess I witnessed "new rave" before it collapsed into it's own hipsterness-ness...

It's true that learning a language is a good insight into any culture. It is such a specific way of thinking. Like, I have some friends whom I speak both English and French with, and it's like they almost become a different person between languages. Shame really 'cos I used to be able to pick up languages quite easily, but not anymore, and I'm also forgetting the ones I know...Trying to learn Chinese at the moment but it's not happening, lol

Reason I'm learning Chinese is because I'm probably gonna go hang in China for two months this spring to visit my dad, I've never been so should be exciting! I've also wanted to visit New Orleans for so many years now, and maybe do a little tour of the USA, and Canada also...Need to start saving up pennies I guess!
elokuu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Elu,

I've been to your country. I visited Helsinki, Turku-Abo and Lahti to do some Indian dancing and singing.

I saw some similarities between your people and ours. One was the sauna/sweat. Lot's of Natives sweat regularly just as your people do. The use of natural woods in your homes. It's the same in a lot of traditional Native homes. Finally, I noticed that your people tend to observe before they warm up to people. I see a lot of our people do the same thing.

I had a really good experience and will always have good memories!

Oh and I forgot one thing, you have a lot of good looking people. So do we!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Elu,

I've been to your country. I visited Helsinki, Turku-Abo and Lahti to do some Indian dancing and singing.

I saw some similarities between your people and ours. One was the sauna/sweat. Lot's of Natives sweat regularly just as your people do. The use of natural woods in your homes. It's the same in a lot of traditional Native homes. Finally, I noticed that your people tend to observe before they warm up to people. I see a lot of our people do the same thing.

I had a really good experience and will always have good memories!

Oh and I forgot one thing, you have a lot of good looking people. So do we!!!!
Haha, well sure! Good thing we are both humble cultures as well :D

Yeah, the sauna is still a big part of our culture. I don't know that much about Native sweats but I guess it could be a bit similar? Like here for example, people would have a special sauna before getting married, etc.

I remember when I was living in England and I joined this gym, where there was a "sauna"..I swear a little part of me died when I saw that
You couldn't even see the stove, let alone throw water on the rocks, and I'm like nooooo, you're doing it wrong, the steam, the steam is the point!

It's also true about what you said, about observing etc. Well, for me anyway, although many Finns would say different nowadays. It makes me sad sometimes that our "quieter" culture is perceived as inferior by others and by ourselves, like "hey it's time the Finns learn small talk and manners like those other civilized Europeans!" I guess we're mistaken as rude many times, but hey, i do try dammit, even done the cheek kissing thing in France. It's just...being all touchy-feely with strangers, it's not natural...

In any case, I'm really glad you had a good time in Finland! Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit the Americas one day.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #32
chahta native

meashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond reputemeashcrme has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
I read an article a while back saying that the reason anglo americans are so interested in Native culture, is because they are currently "ethnically bankrupt".

I took a few years of french and spanish, so other cultures do interest me. I'd love to observe different cultural celebrations, but I wouldn't be interested in joining in. Seems kind of inappropriate. But you never know! Maybe.
meashcrme is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #33
Pow Wow Visitor

Eaglepathfinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 833.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterhawk40 View Post
Yes Blackbear, many come who have the spirit. I would like to say something in honor of the old chiefs and my relatives of years ago. I was always told that many were adopted into the tribes because their spirit was as one with the people. Then about twenty years ago or so, the Great Old Chiefs and my relatives were concerned about the Native new borns in the tribes, that they went into the white world and did not have the Native Spirit. We all were ordered to bring in people with the true Native spirit no matter what their body was called. As you all know and what was told when we were young, that we are what our spirit is and not the body. That is certainly so. We will vanish as a people of oneness if we don't accept others with the same spirit. As for the tee pee's, feathers and other items of the Native culture, that comes as an external meaning to each one of us. We can tell another's spirit when we meet them and spend time with them. It is a good feeling to find such people with the Native Spirit. Lets not look where the body came from but their spirit. I honor the Great Chiefs.
WinterHawk
Kweh,

I think that is the understanding of the spirit I seek. There were plenty of signs and reminders of our spirit that I now better understand than when much younger. Not much explanation but Grandmother's Native spirit was there as was Grandfathers. Our original grandmothers hid in the early mid-1800s to avoid capture and removal to lands in the west. They kept some of the traditions right down to my generation, herbal healing, the men eating, drinking and telling stories around a fire in a circle when daylight turned to darkness and inviting twelve and thirteen year old males to the ritual. I never understood why they did what they did but am coming to understand much more today.

An elder told me there was a prophesy that the nations would reunite in the seventh generation of removal. We are in the seventh generation now. I am wondering if the time for us is now? And, what would that mean?
Eaglepathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #34
goofball

Items ElephantPresent
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,002.15
Quote:
*sob* But I've rolled around in the snow after sauna plenty times, do I get any credit for that? LOL. Oh, I gotta ask...did you guys like salmiakki?
you just had to....lol
Terva Leijona
Marianne
lemon filled liquorice
mint filled dark chocolate
to heck with it...all Fazer chocolate and candy...
ooh and knack korv and lordags korv....dang I remember when I was younger we took trips over just to buy food and candy, and of course eat the smorgasbord on the boat...lol

To Czechy, you would have loved Lappland, and even more seen how much common our people are, the Sami and NA/FN, they say that we are so slow and not talk active because we need to keep all the energy to keep us warm.
Both Finlanders and Swedes are more a observing people, and until they feel comfy around others they do not really open up. I know that was one of my biggest challange here in Texas, some thought I was snooty and arrogant, but now they know better, and when you get a Swede to open up and talk...there is not stop on them...lmbo
Sunktaki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunktaki View Post
you just had to....lol
Terva Leijona
Marianne
lemon filled liquorice
mint filled dark chocolate
to heck with it...all Fazer chocolate and candy...
ooh and knack korv and lordags korv....dang I remember when I was younger we took trips over just to buy food and candy, and of course eat the smorgasbord on the boat...lol

To Czechy, you would have loved Lappland, and even more seen how much common our people are, the Sami and NA/FN, they say that we are so slow and not talk active because we need to keep all the energy to keep us warm.
Both Finlanders and Swedes are more a observing people, and until they feel comfy around others they do not really open up. I know that was one of my biggest challange here in Texas, some thought I was snooty and arrogant, but now they know better, and when you get a Swede to open up and talk...there is not stop on them...lmbo
YES, that's what I'm talking about! Smorgasbord on ruotsinlaiva, can't beat that lol.. So you're originally from Sweden?

Actually, I'd like to go to Lapland as well, I haven't been in like 10 years! I wish I could have gone to Skábmagovat the Sami film festival in Inari last month, well, maybe next year. As you know, Finland has still a lot to improve about it's treatment of Sami people...grr.

But anyway, feeding salmiakki, or salty liquorice to foreigners is always entertaining. "Ewwww this is what death must taste like!!!" or "Are Finnish people born with no tastebuds?" Some will try to be polite and swallow it but can't, hahahaha. Personally, i think they're crazy. Salmiakki is the highest form of candy there is. Well, more salmiakki for me!! I might go get some now, nomnom...
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

arnaldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Home!

Just watch your six! Always remember, there is a home to come back to. "Man help create the evils of the World." May the Great Spirit always be with you, and watching for your good health. - Brown Wolf (USAF-1976 /ARMY ROTC Ranger)
Old 02-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #37
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Oh, yes! I have some Karl Faser chocolates and salt liccorice candy- Come and get some! :-)

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Last edited by Czechy; 02-13-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 02-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #38
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
i brought some sweets too!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #39
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
even done the cheek kissing thing in France. It's just...being all touchy-feely with strangers, it's not natural...
when i get all touchy-feely i listen to stuff like this...say aren't these gals french?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

Oh nice, more salty liquorice appreciators! Oo and chocolate covered grasshoppers, hmmm, looks delicious. Bet they're nutritious too!

That's cool see, people are usually at least on speaking terms with themselves Hehe, this was actually one of my favourite songs as a kid, and I also liked this woman singer with even more "suggestive" lyrics...there was one song that I particularily liked called "Rocket to Venus " or something...well, one day my friend who had a big sister informed me that the song is actually about, er, doing the whoopee...and I'm like, Lies! It's about a spaceship! Space travel is kewl....
Oh but I digress...what were we talking about again? Hm dam, those Divinyls gals have cool haircuts!
Sponsored Links