Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Past, present, future.... Past, present, future....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Lovin' life,

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
Past, present, future....

Where do you spend the most amount of time in your thoughts? Are you happy there?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
that a kewl question lol I used to always be in the past thought, then I was taught how to be in todays thought....now I've taken on the future thought and LOVIN IT!!!!
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
Where do you spend the most amount of time in your thoughts? Are you happy there?

Mato,

I recently went back home where I grew up.

I had a chance to visit my cousin who is basically doing nothing with his life and still lives with his dad in his parents house (his mother recently passed away). His whole conversation with me was about "the good old days" during high school when he played varsity football and was a state champion in wrestling.

I haven't throught about high school in quite a while.

I spoke to my dad about this. He said, "In his case... if all a person does is live in their past, they have no future."

It kinda made sense at the time.

Do you know someone like my cousin?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
I live in the depths of my own mind. Kind of skurry, but always an adventure. *L* Chynaaaa.....

The past is nice to reflect on, but not a place to live. The furture is good to look forward to, but if you don't live in the present.....aren't you missing everything good going on right now?????

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly Candae.

Who~ Yeah.... I do know people like your cuz. Livin in the "good ole days". Also know people that keep reliving the "bad ole days" and play those mental tapes over and over. They can't let go or move beyond.

On the flip side....... I know people that only live in the future. They are too busy looking ahead. Like for the next relationship, job, big bingo win! But you know what I mean.

It's really hard for people I think to focus on the present. So many "shoulda, coulda, woulda's and if only's" take up so much of their time. So much is lost of today.

Just like how can you effectively bring about change in the present if you look back on days when change was not needed or you have no ability to change what has happened? And just as well...... looking so much to the future and dreaming of what could or could not come about.

To me it's better to stay in the present and see what needs to be done today because of choices made in the past and make sure that things will be different in the future.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior Dancer

wa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,939.03
Of course, live in the present!
Having learned from the past but, don't dwell in the past.
Look forward to the future and be a part of it.
It helps to have something to look forward too.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

DANTS is a name known to all
Savings: 263.90
Wink

Sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the past......think'n perhaps you might be better off if you'd made other choices. Always best to learn from our mistakes----this is true, however, sometimes we're not sure if they really are mistakes. Take for example....."The Art of Raising Children" that's a tough one.....like how strict is too strict?? Knowing when to say "no" and when to say "yes". The concept of "tough" love....being too stern or too lenient.

We definitely need to to concentrate and focus on the here and now to make the most of it.

And of course....we all know that if we fail to plan ---we plan to fail! So we bess be make'n some good plans for our futures. If we don't have a map and we don't know where we're going.....we'll probably never get there!
DANTS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
I try to live in the moment, keeping an eye on the future, but also remembering my past with a smile...

Paselo
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
I AM.

nuff said.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
I AM.

nuff said.

Candae Cane

You forgot to finish your sentence..... You are..... ? What? Goofy? Mussy? Mussy Goofy?

*L

Wah-zha-zhe and RedShield,

Props to you both!

Last edited by WhoMe; 06-08-2006 at 03:26 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Candae Cane

You forgot to finish your sentence..... You are..... ? What? Brilliant? Mussy? Mussy and brilliant?

*L

You're too kind Who...... I would have to agree with BOTH! *L*

Old 06-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #12
little bird

little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Candae Cane

You forgot to finish your sentence..... You are..... ? What? Goofy? Mussy? Mussy Goofy?

*L

Wah-zha-zhe and RedShield,

Props to you both!
Man...you got me rollin'!
Anyway, I like to think in the present because the past is gone and I don't know what's ahead and if I make plans, they may change and that keeps me from disapointment and let downs.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
I don't have a problem with the past. I can't remember what I did yesterday, much less dwell on it! The future is scary, I went there in a DeLorean, so I just cross bridges when I come to them.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #14
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
You're too kind Who...... I would have to agree with BOTH! *L*

WhoMe? *L

I'm just plain goofy. I know that, you know that. Its common knowledge. (Past)

Today, (present) my fortune cookie read, "Aw just shut up and finish your meal!"

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!

*L

If you think that's goofy, check out my post in the Oklahoma Thread in Chit Chat? (future)

Last edited by WhoMe; 06-08-2006 at 04:48 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #15
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
I checked it out (past)

I am still saying ewwwwww (present)

I'm hoping to forget about it (future)

Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #16
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
lmao yall ain't right.

As far as my thoughts.... lmao sometimes I hate being in my own head. I think too much.... it's either that or others don't think enough. Never quite figured that out.

I reflect on the past (always do things in a good way... or atleast I tried....remembering where I come from and staying true to that), I live in the present (enjoying the goot times, understanding the bad, getting off muh azz and doing something lol), and I strive for the future (thinking about my future children... my family... promises made to my mom and at the end of this life, being able to be proud of what I've accomplished and how I've lived.)
Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 24.00
Present and future. Hey, I have a teenager, I just try to stay 1 step ahead of her mentally. I also like to visit the past, but then thats because I love history, reading about it and visiting historic sites.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 AM   #18
Dweick

Dweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond repute
I can remember when I would drag my past around with me like a blanket. ( protection) to keep everything at a distance.
then it became a chip that grew to a boulder on my shoulder.
But through bullheadedness and pure refusal to give up, I learned to use my past as a tool to grow and heal through life experiences and interacting with others all through the years.
My children were a big part of my healing process from within my heart and mind.

I have been guilty of being afraid of the future but it is a good path I have been on for years now. and the future is somthing I look forward to each day.
and my present is mindbogglingly wonderful.

Now I see my past as somthing I had to go through to get where I am now and it has shaped me it helped me raise my children to go out into the world and make there own way. it has led me to an inner peace I could never explain.
Dweick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #19
**~sweet cheeks~**

X cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond repute
X cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond reputeX cheryl X has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy every day as it comes,plan for the future,learn from your past **AND TAKE IT EASY**Thats me anyway
X cheryl X is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #20
Lovin' life,

Tell ya what.......today I realized that bein as old as I am......can't remember a lot from the past .... and since my future is getting shorter.......... most comfortable place to be is the present!