PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   Pet Chatter (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/pet-chatter-41873/)

APACHEFIRE 11-30-2007 10:06 PM

Pet chatter

THIS thread is for posting pictures and stories about your pet (s). All kinds of pets. If you want to talk about farm animals, thats fine too!

So dont just peek at us, come and join us...ALL ARE WELCOME to CHATTER about your pets!

Creewoman05 11-30-2007 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is a message to my cat Tager, I still miss him and it's been two years ago this month my dad told me that he had passed away. Dad went looking outside, hadn't seen the cat in a few days, and found him under the trailer. Still breaks my heart to think about it.

APACHEFIRE 11-30-2007 11:20 PM

"bear"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creewoman05 (Post 993383)
Well this is a message to my cat Tager, I still miss him and it's been two years ago this month my dad told me that he had passed away. Dad went looking outside, hadn't seen the cat in a few days, and found him under the trailer. Still breaks my heart to think about it.

aww, i know exactly how you feel. my dog 'BEAR' just passed this last october first. he would have been a year old november first. i got him for christmas december 2006.

he was a red heeler who never barked! i guess his breed was like that, so as not to startle the herd. when he saw me come home, he would dance up on his hind paws. sometimes he would make this raspy little squeek and do flips when he was really excited. *laughing* he taught himself those tricks.

he was one loving and smart dog. i used to play fetch with him. he sure loved to run! boy he was fast! sometimes when he didnt see the ball or toy i was throwing, i had to send him back to search. he did that the very first day! then i taught him to hand me the toy, cos i got tired of bending over to pick it up. *laughing*

i took nightly little walks with him. sometimes BEAR and i would just hang together. we didnt really have to be doing anything. i talked to him all the time, and he understood me. i felt safe as long as he was around, day or night.

BEAR was my companion and i miss him and weep for him everytime i think about him....

Creewoman05 11-30-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE (Post 993392)

aww, i know exactly how you feel. my dog 'BEAR' just passed this last october first. he would have been a year old november first. i got him for christmas december 2006.

he was a red heeler who never barked! i guess his breed was like that, so as not to startle the herd. when he saw me come home, he would dance up on his hind paws. sometimes he would make this raspy little squeek and do flips when he was really excited. *laughing* he taught himself those tricks.

he was one loving and smart dog. i used to play fetch with him. he sure loved to run! boy he was fast! sometimes when he didnt see the ball or toy i was throwing, i had to send him back to search. he did that the very first day! then i taught him to hand me the toy, cos i got tired of bending over to pick it up. *laughing*

i took nightly little walks with him. sometimes BEAR and i would just hang together. we didnt really have to be doing anything. i talked to him all the time, and he understood me. i felt safe as long as he was around, day or night.

BEAR was my companion and i miss him and weep for him everytime i think about him....

Same here *HUGS* to you, I guess this is turning out to be a tear fest

APACHEFIRE 12-01-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creewoman05 (Post 993398)
Same here *HUGS* to you, I guess this is turning out to be a tear fest

hugs back. yep. but i do have two more older pups. both abandoned, found at different places a few weeks apart. they were brought to be playmates for BEAR.

the first pups name is TROOPER. a golden colored dog that looks kind of like a lab. but his hair is about two inches long with little curled up tufts just above his tail. that and he is really stocky but stubby. and soooo heavy for a pup. his looks really throw you!

when he was found, he was sitting in the middle of a back country road with his siblings. as the car approached they all ran and hid. all but TROOPER. he stayed by the road side, just out of reach. my friend stopped in the middle of the lane and got out to coax TROOPER a little closer, then brought him to me.

TROOPER is another pup who didnt bark. when i looked him over, i noticed a very large swollen sore spot underneath his hind leg. that was the reason he hadnt walked very far. it was infected and that poor pup never whimpered. he just cuddled in my arms, sighed then fell asleep.

his leg healed right up and he became fast friends with BEAR who thought TROOPER was his very own 'baby' to take care of.

the funny thing about TROOPER is that he 'talks'. its the funniest thing you ever heard. he kind of rumbles out a really deep growl that ends in a yawn. *laughing* the first time TROOPER did that sound, i spun around and stared at him as he looked me in the eyes. then i burst out laughing! that seemed to encourage him, so he did it again. it makes me laugh every time. so now he does it when i ask him to. but most times he just does it at the oddest times. like when you tell him to go out and he seems to grumble back. or if you walk past him without greeting him, TROOPER really grumbles! *laughing* i love him

Wyldwolf52 12-01-2007 11:22 AM

I have a 10 year old cat who's coloring is a trip. Just looking at him he looks like a grey tortashell but brush the fur backwards and it is all white. Then there is Max a mini doxie, that runs out to get me the paper everyday, even when it is raining. Even though he won't go outside for "potty" when it is raining.
Then there is Clarie..She is a year old Jack Russel Territue. I could tell pages on her. There is one she does that melts you heart, she gives hugs:girl_hug:
She tried to make friends with a catus. Over 200 quills. I am fotunate to still have my baby girl.
SpringDeer

Creewoman05 12-01-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyldwolf52 (Post 993447)
She tried to make friends with a catus. Over 200 quills. I am fotunate to still have my baby girl.
SpringDeer

Dang, crazy dog:lol:

Wyldwolf52 12-01-2007 12:13 PM

I forgot to say that Max prefers tolay down next to the drums. Plus he has ridden a Harley
SpringDeer

MIB 12-01-2007 01:33 PM

Hey,do kids count as pets ? Had to take em for their shots when they was little and after their first license when it was time.

bahnisiain 12-01-2007 02:41 PM

i got a Siberian Husky by the name of Cody Bear. her favorite "hobbies" are sleeping on the couch or my parents bed and keeping her "pack" in line, meaning she gets very vocal until everyone is in the same room as she is.

APACHEFIRE 12-01-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyldwolf52 (Post 993447)
I have a 10 year old cat who's coloring is a trip. Just looking at him he looks like a grey tortashell but brush the fur backwards and it is all white. Then there is Max a mini doxie, that runs out to get me the paper everyday, even when it is raining. Even though he won't go outside for "potty" when it is raining.
Then there is Clarie..She is a year old Jack Russel Territue. I could tell pages on her. There is one she does that melts you heart, she gives hugs:girl_hug:
SpringDeer

WYLDWOLF, your "tortashell" cat sounds beautiful. is ten old for a cat? i have had a few cats as pets. SIMBA was my last. she was pretty young, so she played all day. taking naps in my moms flower pot over the kitchen sink!

i can see your MAX lugging in the news paper. strange habit of going for that, but not to potty during the rain! obviously he takes his news paper job very seriously! *laughing*

CLARIE sounds like a character. but hugging a catus! 200+ quills, ouch!!

please tell us more of her adventures! that is why i made this thread.
i love to hear about the things pets do. i love animals, and i know they can do some really crazy, comical, amazing things!

APACHEFIRE 12-01-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyldwolf52 (Post 993450)
I forgot to say that Max prefers tolay down next to the drums. Plus he has ridden a Harley
SpringDeer

WYLDWOLF do you know they sell little mini outfits for pets who ride motor cycles? i believe harley carries some.

APACHEFIRE 12-01-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIB (Post 993459)
Hey,do kids count as pets ? Had to take em for their shots when they was little and after their first license when it was time.

oh MIB, you are terrible! *laughing* are you telling us you dont or have never had a pet? i thought every family had some kind of pet. maybe you should consider getting one. i hear they help humans in a big way, medically. i know they help us mentally and emotionally.

APACHEFIRE 12-01-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahnisiain (Post 993470)
i got a Siberian Husky by the name of Cody Bear. her favorite "hobbies" are sleeping on the couch or my parents bed and keeping her "pack" in line, meaning she gets very vocal until everyone is in the same room as she is.

BAHNISIANIN, i love siberian huskys. they are a very beautiful and intelligent dog. i had one not too long ago. her name was CHEYENNE, and boy was she strong! talk about pulling heavy weights! once when i had to leave, she pulled a large stump she was chained to, like it wasnt even there! i finally had to use a loggers chain, just to hold her. because at first, she just broke all the chains.

CODY BEAR sounds more like she is the 'pack' leader of your family! how large is she? do you have any pictures that you can post here?

Annie Fawn 12-01-2007 07:30 PM

Where do I start? We have 3 dogs. Precious a English Springer Spaniel who thinks she is Cojo. Ace and Lacy are Pitt Bulls. Ace is a big baby who has to stay on a chain in our fenced in back yard because he likes to climb the fence. Lacy is only 4 months old and is in the house where she gets spoiled by hubby and I. We also have 3 rescued cats Rebel and Shadow who we bottled on raised until they were old enough to eat on their own, and Duchess who is partically deaf. Then we have Bonnie and Clyde our parkeets.

Creewoman05 12-01-2007 07:39 PM

You people are lucky to have pets, I have tried over and over to have my landlord allow one, and it's no go. :mad: OH well I guess when the time is right eh?

I would love to be the lady with all the cats, quite happily I might add:lol:

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 12-01-2007 07:55 PM

get a rat or a hamster they wont even know its there..unless it gets out lol

My Garry shes so pretty

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...1/IMG_3798.jpg

Creewoman05 12-01-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 993506)
get a rat or a hamster they wont even know its there..unless it gets out lol

My Garry shes so pretty

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...1/IMG_3798.jpg

Ever cute:shades_sm Now I want her:lol: Maybe I should visit some day, and get my cat fix:tounge_sm

bahnisiain 12-02-2007 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my cody bear is very much a princess and the alpha of the pack.

bahnisiain 12-02-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE (Post 993492)
BAHNISIANIN, i love siberian huskys. they are a very beautiful and intelligent dog. i had one not too long ago. her name was CHEYENNE, and boy was she strong! talk about pulling heavy weights! once when i had to leave, she pulled a large stump she was chained to, like it wasnt even there! i finally had to use a loggers chain, just to hold her. because at first, she just broke all the chains.

CODY BEAR sounds more like she is the 'pack' leader of your family! how large is she? do you have any pictures that you can post here?

Cody has moments of being the smartest dog in the universe and then there the moments of being the dumbest thing ever to exist!! at her last check up with the vet, she weighed about 47 pounds, about right for a female. she has the ice blue eyes.