Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Pet Chatter Pet Chatter

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #381
Champion Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
clk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond repute
clk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 892.03
Savings: 0.00
I have to agree with your comment about them male dogs......I always told my parents that I had the best man ever in Gus Gus...he was never tapping his foot waiting for me to get home...never was too tired to hear about my day and was a VERY good judge of character...lol...I loved having a lap dog myself...made it so much easier to pack up for a weekend runoff...just grab your partner and a bag of dog food and a blanket for them to lay on in the car and you're good to go...I have been living in an apartment for over 3 years so it's been a while since I had a bigger dog...so I don't have much of an opinion of them anymore...lol
Old 07-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #382
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by clk View Post
I have to agree with your comment about them male dogs......I always told my parents that I had the best man ever in Gus Gus...he was never tapping his foot waiting for me to get home...never was too tired to hear about my day and was a VERY good judge of character...lol...I loved having a lap dog myself...made it so much easier to pack up for a weekend runoff...just grab your partner and a bag of dog food and a blanket for them to lay on in the car and you're good to go...I have been living in an apartment for over 3 years so it's been a while since I had a bigger dog...so I don't have much of an opinion of them anymore...lol
**laughing** i knew i would get a hit with that one!
thanks for the input ASMAJOL. you made a very good point as far as the traveling. but then, i wouldnt want to be traveling alone without a huge companion (dog) to help protect me..... an apartment! maybe you should join up with a group of women who live in a huge house all together. not gay or anything....just wiser about males.
its a thought!

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #383
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Hello; I have a cat, a black one and I call her like "house panther!" She is now 6 years old. I had found her on streets when she was a baby and healed her, It took me a few months to recover her totally. Anyway she is my best buddy. When my mom had cancer, my cat was always standing nearby her, watching and protecting her. When my mom was crying, my cat was calling me, making strange sounds as if she was crying as well. Now my mom died. And now my cat is healing my upset emotions. Isn't she something? Here is a funny story about my cat. When my mom was going to take shower, she put off her clothes then she realized she forgot something. When she got out of the bathroom, my cat saw her naked and got scared, jumped back. That was only one occation.

this was left in my profile, so i brought it here as it pertained to this thread. now i have to go figure out who sent it! **Laughing** someone new is all i know.
OK NEW MEMBER NAME IS TUBA68

**laughin**

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 07-11-2009 at 01:45 PM..
Old 07-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #384
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

this be just fer fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

**laughin**
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #385
Tuba from Turkey

tuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Talking

Hi Apachefire; I finally found the chit chat thread you had mentioned.
tuba68 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #386
Tuba from Turkey

tuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond reputetuba68 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Hi Mudwoman. I am so sorry about Gus. I lost my mother this April from cancer. The night before she passed away, I saw one of my dogs (A street dog) in my dream, he was lying on the road as if he was hit by a car. I thought that my dog died in the mid. of the night, and I am not able to check him. Then I realized that this dog, that I love most and saw dead in my dream was a sign of losing a close friend. My mother! Animals are best friends! They never hurt unless people harm them. So I am so sorry for your buddy, Gus.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #387
Tuba from Turkey

Question

Yesterday, while I was feeding my dog, called Hector, I realized that one of his front teeth at the bottom rot, it was black. And I think that he has an infected toothgum. He is a street dog, not wild one but I think that it will not be easy to take him to a vet. I will check out on him again, perhaps taking a photo of his theet and mouth, if I can and show to the vet first and see what he will tell me to do. If there is something that needs to be done for his teeth and mouth, I hope that he can come and pick the dog up without a problem. I mean I might not be able keep the dog in the same place until vet arrives, or my Hector might be disturbed and run away when he sees a strage person approaching with blue scrubs. After that I might need to run away from him because he might get mad at me meaning you took me to the doctor, bla bla bla... Street dogs are something.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #388
Tuba from Turkey

Smile

Here is a funny story about Hector. One day I saw him walking with one front foot up, not touching the ground. I decided to check and he stood still. I couldn't see anything, so I took him to the vet nearby, just by letting smell dog food and by chance he came with me. The vet said, he might have stepped on something burning like a cigarette and she sprayed a medicine. It wasn't important. After that whenever he sees me he starts pulling his same foot to get my attention. So I checked his foot again, his tail was happily swinging of course. I think he thought he achieved to get my mercy to take him home. However there was nothing and he used me. when I told him that there is nothing wrong with a little harsh sound, his tail stopped swinging and he started stepping on his foot. Liar dog! And a cat did the same game to me! Are they kind of whispering and giving methods to eachother? They are smart!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #389
Tuba from Turkey

Angry where is everyone?

Hello! Is there anyone? Am I in the wrong site? Fine, have fun in Powwow Leave me alone here! But I heard there is song contest, once I start singing with my lovely voice in powwow radio you will regret not to reply my messages. We'll see! Hellooooooo! I asked you what I should do with Hector, my street dog with bad teeth?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #390
Junior Dancer

Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuba68 View Post
Hello! Is there anyone? Am I in the wrong site? Fine, have fun in Powwow Leave me alone here! But I heard there is song contest, once I start singing with my lovely voice in powwow radio you will regret not to reply my messages. We'll see! Hellooooooo! I asked you what I should do with Hector, my street dog with bad teeth?
Hmm?
Oh. 'Sorry about that.
You're going to have to treat his teeth exactly as if they were your own.
Assume the worst, and take him to have a vet look at his mouth.
Be prepared to have the tooth taken out, entirely (because I think that's what it sounds like it needs).
Ask about getting his tooth replaced with a crown or something.
Now as to how you're going to get him to a vet (or vice-versa), that depends on how much experience/trouble he has had with humans.
Is he a "Pet" pet (wears a collar & tag, lives inside, grew up with humans, likes to play with people...etc.), or is he more feral
(grew up on the streets, was never someone's pet, doesn't like people to get too near him...etc. )?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #391
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Animals are smarter than a lot of people think.

My mom used to have a mini-toy poodle named Juli. Juli figured out she could get attention by acting like she was hurt. So, we'd be out in the yard and Juli would start limping and whining...until she saw a bird or squirrel. Then she had no trouble running. The funniest thing was that she'd all of a sudden "remember" that she was supposed to be hurt. She'd be running, then stop dead, look back at mom and then start whining and limping again. Except she'd usually start limping on the wrong paw!
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #392
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Mud_Woman, did you get that situation with your neigbor's dogs resolved?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #393
~lethargic state of mind~

Items Elephant
Mud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond repute
Mud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond reputeMud_Woman has a reputation beyond repute
Location: in the lil box beating the crap out of the other stick figure
Credits: 3,447.42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuba68 View Post
Hi Mudwoman. I am so sorry about Gus. I lost my mother this April from cancer. The night before she passed away, I saw one of my dogs (A street dog) in my dream, he was lying on the road as if he was hit by a car. I thought that my dog died in the mid. of the night, and I am not able to check him. Then I realized that this dog, that I love most and saw dead in my dream was a sign of losing a close friend. My mother! Animals are best friends! They never hurt unless people harm them. So I am so sorry for your buddy, Gus.
Gus Gus is not mine.... he is CLK's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
Mud_Woman, did you get that situation with your neigbor's dogs resolved?
NO!!! but my husband finally took him to the vet... thats when i finally saw how bad Rex's eye socket wsa swollen... the vet had to made a hole in his eye socket so the infection would drain out... Rex's eye is still intact, no damage at all which i am thankful for... Rex is on antibiotic for the infection and an eye ointment so the yellow goop wont get stuck.... after 5 days his eye is much better and hes back to his old self

now.. as far as the neighbors dog's... that SOB is hiding them... when they go somewhere they take the dogs with them

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...
Mud_Woman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #394
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
My dog Ginger has cancer. The tumor that was removed last month grew back. The vet said he will remove it again, but if it grows back, there isn't anything else we can do unless we can afford to take her to a specialist and pay over a thousand dollars for the operation and chemotherapy. We can't.

Last edited by neling4; 07-15-2009 at 11:29 AM..
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #395
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
My dog Ginger has cancer. The tumor that was removed last month grew back. The vet said he will remove it again, but if it grows back, there isn't anything else we can do unless we can afford to take her to a specialist and pay over a thousand dollars for the operation and chemotherapy. We can't.
That's so sad. I lost my last cat to cancer. I spend beaucoup $$$ on tests just trying to figure out what was wrong with her to see if she could be saved or not. Small tumors started growing on her, then she started having strokes, then the cancer spread to her stomach.

It was even harder when I took her to the emergency clinic late one night, and the @#%$ vet accused me of abusing her!

I had her for 16 years. It was so hard to have her put down. I had her cremated, so now she is in an urn on a bookshelf.

I understand what you're going through. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #396
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Woman View Post
NO!!! but my husband finally took him to the vet... thats when i finally saw how bad Rex's eye socket wsa swollen... the vet had to made a hole in his eye socket so the infection would drain out... Rex's eye is still intact, no damage at all which i am thankful for... Rex is on antibiotic for the infection and an eye ointment so the yellow goop wont get stuck.... after 5 days his eye is much better and hes back to his old self

now.. as far as the neighbors dog's... that SOB is hiding them... when they go somewhere they take the dogs with them
I'm glad Rex is feeling better. Hopefully, everything will end up resolved.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #397
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's so sad. I lost my last cat to cancer. I spend beaucoup $$$ on tests just trying to figure out what was wrong with her to see if she could be saved or not. Small tumors started growing on her, then she started having strokes, then the cancer spread to her stomach.

It was even harder when I took her to the emergency clinic late one night, and the @#%$ vet accused me of abusing her!

I had her for 16 years. It was so hard to have her put down. I had her cremated, so now she is in an urn on a bookshelf.

Thank you RDNKJ. I appreciate it.

That's awful about the vet. We are lucky that our vet has been very sympathetic. He knows we don't have much money and makes an effort to keep the costs down for us. He didn't even charge us for the last visit.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #398
Tuba from Turkey

Hi Bodica;

Thank you very much for your advice. He is not a pet, he is a street dog and the problem acctually lies there. My problem is how I will take this dog to the vet. I may call the vet. but I can not keep the dog in the same place until the vet arrives. I will try my best. Thank you...
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #399
Tuba from Turkey

Quote:

I am sorry for misunderstanding.

It must be scary and painful for Rex drain the infection from his eye socket. I hope you will solve the problems with your neighbours dogs.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #400
Tuba from Turkey

Smile

Quote:

Quote:

Dear RNDK;
I have to say that you must have been a very good care taker for your cat. He or she was a lucky animal and had lived 16 years with you. The vet might have had a some kind of anger on that night and it might have just bursted on you. Don't think about that too much.
Sponsored Links