Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Pet Chatter Pet Chatter

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #541
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
In material sciences and chemistry circles, they have been the "sexy" molecules of past 25 years. (I've worked in male dominated labs for those two and half decades, so I've heard every joke about ball shaped molecules. Don't even try, LOL.) They have been heavily hyped, some might say over-hyped, as miracle materials. But, the development in its infancy, so who knows.

It is convoluted. I'm such a geek, LOL.

My best friend is with Apachefire. She thinks Bucky should be called Domino. But after his unfortunate leap into the middle of a greasy, pepperoni pizza... A leap which necessitated a bath. An ugly experience involving arterial spurting and finally throwing the cat into a warm shower and holding the shower door shut until he was not leaving orange, greased footprints on the walls. The name Domino might have other connotations, which could bring back bad memories at least for me.
now THAT i would have paid to have watched!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
Nice looking cockatiel!

I've never had a pet bird. But everytime I've visited someone with one and they've let 'em out of the cage they've immediately flown over and on my head!

I guess that means I'm a shthead?
i would have said YES…but in reality it seems all birds do that. eat n poo, eat n poo. its only seeds or greens or both. easier to remove if left to dry. better never be around a chicken though. their turds really stink! after living on highway 35 in northern GA and following countless semi filled with chickens or agonizingly slowwwww trucks filled with chicken poo for fertilizer, on the hottest summers on record, i am an expert on that. ACK!

Quote:
Buckminster Fuller is one of my middle brother's idols. At one time he even wanted to live in a dome house.

I'm with you. With a history like that, the name Domino would be inauspicious.

Mafalda's sister Olga once leapt into the toilet while it was in use! Luckily, she was a kitten at the time so I was able to bathe her in the sink, and she was small enough I didn't have any trouble controlling her. Thank God she hasn't done that again. She's 15+ lbs. now, and I don't think I'd dare try to bathe her myself! lol
ACK! i’d get a new cat…but since i dont really get along well with them…i would just use it as an excuse to get a dog! i liked geodesic dome homes. well, the concept.
Quote:
Thanks, OlChemist! Olga & Mafalda are littermates. Olga being the alpha female, and Mafalda being the runt of the litter. Both spoiled absolutely rotten. They have more toys than most children!

At one time I had one of those cloth with a metal frame cat-condos that hang over a door. They didn't like it so I gave it away. But it was so funny when I was introducing them to it. I would pick up Mafalda and put her through one of the holes on the side (Olga was too big to do that with.). It would make Olga so jealous that she would crawl in, climb to the top level, somehow fit herself on one of the cloth "platforms" inside, and then pretend to purr!!! She'd fake purr so loudly you could hear it in the next room. But those were the only times she'd get in it, when she saw me put her sister in! Never had a cat before who would pretend to purr. lol

The condo was kind of like this, except it had leopard spots.

you have got to get a life RDNKJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahnisiain View Post
my Cairo!
thanks for posting again!

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #542
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Oh, what pretty puddin's!

Cario does have those burning gold, you will obey me eyes. "You're getting very sleepy. We need $200 worth of cat toys."

Mafalda and Olga look like sweeties. Bucky is very envious of the cat tree. He hasn't figured out how to sit in both ours at the same time yet. But that doesn't stop him from coveting another one.
Cairo is a character. he is not a toy fiend, with him its more like you will get me lots of treats!!!

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #543
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
you know…i have to be honest with you guys….i have already bought treats for a dog i dont even have yet!

**laughin**
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #544
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

GUESS MUH NEW PETS. if you dare!

WELL, i finally have a couple of “pets”. but you have to guess what they are. here are a couple of hints…they both live outdoors, but not together. they sleep at the same time. but they do not eat the same foods. ok, what are they?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #545
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
WELL, i finally have a couple of “pets”. but you have to guess what they are. here are a couple of hints…they both live outdoors, but not together. they sleep at the same time. but they do not eat the same foods. ok, what are they?
Outdoor dust bunnies?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #546
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Guess what they are if we dare?

That sounds ominous, so I'm gonna guess: bats and opossums!?!?!?
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #547
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you know…i have to be honest with you guys….i have already bought treats for a dog i dont even have yet!
And yet you tell me I need to get a life, just 'cause I overindulge my kitties? lol
Old 10-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #548
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Outdoor dust bunnies?
close, but nope.
Quote:
Guess what they are if we dare?

That sounds ominous, so I'm gonna guess: bats and opossums!?!?!?
nope, and nope.
Quote:
And yet you tell me I need to get a life, just 'cause I overindulge my kitties? lol
**laughin** i never said that!…did i?

**laughin**
Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #549
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,625.62
I used to have a cat that loved the water. I got her when she was about 4 weeks old-her mom had died. She was infested with fleas, so the first thing I did when I got her home was give her a bath in the sink with baby shampoo. I was bathing her every couple of days and she just grew to love it. It got to the point that if I took a bath,and didn't close her out of the bathroom, she would get in the tub. She didn't like showers. LOL! She loved going to the beach, too. It used to freak the tourists out to see this dainty little Siamese cat, walking on a harness in the water. Her name was Ming, but I ended up calling her Dingy Mingy most of the time.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #550
Lion of Judah

Quote:
i would have said YES…but in reality it seems all birds do that. eat n poo, eat n poo. its only seeds or greens or both. easier to remove if left to dry. better never be around a chicken though. their turds really stink! after living on highway 35 in northern GA and following countless semi filled with chickens or agonizingly slowwwww trucks filled with chicken poo for fertilizer, on the hottest summers on record, i am an expert on that. ACK!
I don't have any experience with chickens, but we did have ducks growing up. There was a pond in the backyard. Dad was gonna get swans, but the chicks were too expensive. So we had ducks. Since their wings were clipped, Dad decided that it would be best to lock them up in the garage during the winter when the pond was frozen! When spring would come, OMG!!! I spent so many hours over the years scraping duck poop off everything in the garage. So I know all about duck shyte!

The mallards were all so pretty...

...and the little baby ducklings were so, so cute!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #551
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
I used to have a cat that loved the water. I got her when she was about 4 weeks old-her mom had died. She was infested with fleas, so the first thing I did when I got her home was give her a bath in the sink with baby shampoo. I was bathing her every couple of days and she just grew to love it. It got to the point that if I took a bath,and didn't close her out of the bathroom, she would get in the tub. She didn't like showers. LOL! She loved going to the beach, too. It used to freak the tourists out to see this dainty little Siamese cat, walking on a harness in the water. Her name was Ming, but I ended up calling her Dingy Mingy most of the time.
I got Olga & Mafalda when they were about 4 weeks old, too. Also infested with fleas. I got some flea spray, sprayed it on a rag and wiped them down everywhere except their face. Then held them for awhile so they couldn't lick themselves, and then bathed them. Had to do that every couple days until they were old enough for real flea treatment. The first time, dang, you shoulda seen all the fleas swarming up to their faces!

Olga doesn't mind water. She'll get in the bathtub and wade around in the water. Mafalda, on the other hand, is a typical cat and cannot stand water. If a drop gets on her she freaks out like someone just beat her!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #552
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
so i got a new foster cat, brings me up to 2 right now.both are less than a year old and both are abuse victims.when stitch was about 2 months old someone tried to cut her tail off. i just got the other one last night and named him cozmo. he was taken away from a group of gangbangers who were beating him with a stick and set him on fire. hes got a series of real nasty burns down both sides of his body.

ive been at this shelter for 3 years. last time i worked for a shelter it was 5. i still dont know what the hell is wrong with people

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #553
Lion of Judah

People who abuse/torture animals should thankd God every night that I am not the one who decides their punishment!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #554
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
i had cozmo to the shelters vet today. his burns are pretty bad but theyre also more wxtensive than what we thought. they shaved both his sides and hes got burns head to tail. some areas are worse than others but hes coping well.
hes got a boatload of antibiotics to eat and some ssd cream for the burns,which he really hates.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #555
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
so i got a new foster cat, brings me up to 2 right now.both are less than a year old and both are abuse victims.when stitch was about 2 months old someone tried to cut her tail off. i just got the other one last night and named him cozmo. he was taken away from a group of gangbangers who were beating him with a stick and set him on fire. hes got a series of real nasty burns down both sides of his body.

ive been at this shelter for 3 years. last time i worked for a shelter it was 5. i still dont know what the hell is wrong with people
That makes me want to light up a few gangbangers and bobtail a couple. I have never understood how people can do that to animals. It breaks my heart. I hope Cozmo is going to be ok, and Stitch, too.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #556
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
looks like cozmo will indeed be ok. he went back to the vet again yesterday for a recheck. she classified 2 of his larger burns as 3rd degree, a large portion of his others as 2nd and the rest as first degree. after they shaved him you could see how the contours of his burns look like he had liquid poured on him. i cant say what that might have been, but if theres anything to the concept of karma someone out there is screwed.

on the lighter side stitch has a home waiting for her. the woman who initially found her had taken her to a friend of mine who used to work at the shelter.shes coming in on saturday to adopt.
as cruel as her hapenstance was the saving grace is that it happened as young as she is. and as she grows up she will learn to compensate for the defeicit.if she were an older cat, like 10 years old, this would be much more devestating.

we already have another cat waiting for a spot at my house too. hes not an abuse victim, his owner just cant afford to keep him hospitalized at the vet clinic any more. from what i hear hes a great cat, hes just got a nonhealing would that needs cleaned several times a day and he gets meds his owner cant give him.so since we'll have a spot for him this weekend the vet clinic will house him for her at no charge till sunday then he comes home with me.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #557
small bead addict

Flutemaker, it takes a lot of heart to foster animals. I don't know if I could give them up when it came time, even knowing they were going to a good home. The younger ones would be easier for me to give up than the older ones. I would just feel so bad for the older ones being shuffled all around and knowing they were wondering what had happened to their life.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #558
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
FM, thanks for being there for those cats. I volunteer with a specific breed rescue for dogs... and without our foster parents and transporters, all our babies would be lost.

As for my pyscho dog, she is shedding her coat right now... OMG it's raining collie fur around here...this is the third shed since the spring... we keep having severe weather changes and it jumps from freezing to heatwave every few days...no wonder she hasn't stopped shedding.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #559
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
looks like cozmo will indeed be ok. he went back to the vet again yesterday for a recheck. she classified 2 of his larger burns as 3rd degree, a large portion of his others as 2nd and the rest as first degree. after they shaved him you could see how the contours of his burns look like he had liquid poured on him. i cant say what that might have been, but if theres anything to the concept of karma someone out there is screwed.

on the lighter side stitch has a home waiting for her. the woman who initially found her had taken her to a friend of mine who used to work at the shelter.shes coming in on saturday to adopt.
as cruel as her hapenstance was the saving grace is that it happened as young as she is. and as she grows up she will learn to compensate for the defeicit.if she were an older cat, like 10 years old, this would be much more devestating.

we already have another cat waiting for a spot at my house too. hes not an abuse victim, his owner just cant afford to keep him hospitalized at the vet clinic any more. from what i hear hes a great cat, hes just got a nonhealing would that needs cleaned several times a day and he gets meds his owner cant give him.so since we'll have a spot for him this weekend the vet clinic will house him for her at no charge till sunday then he comes home with me.
Great job. FluteMaker!

All our aminals (14 of them) are either rescue or offspring of rescue.

13 of them have been adopted and have 1 that I need to find a home for.

Keep up the great work!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #560
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

WOW! ALL of you are WONDERFUL! GREAT! AWESOME! HEROS! i was thinking just this afternoon about not picking up a little dog from a rescue place, but maybe becoming a temporary care giver to one at a time. of course, i have to deal with a landlady, and perhaps extra cost just to have a pet in my place, but it might be worth it. although i was thinking i may find it hard to give up a pup once i helped train him. so i am giving it some more thought.
i did get a note from one of my doctors saying that he recomended my having a therapy dog, whatever that is. or maybe it was a ‘dog helper’…aw, whatever you call em , you know what i mean.

ok, yes, one of my outdoor pets is a wild brown rabbit….so, any guesses to my other outdoor pet?

**laughin**
Sponsored Links