Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Pet Chatter Pet Chatter

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #641
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Sparky would disagree with you. He gets small portions of "people" food when we are finished eating if it's something "meaty". Little sucker loves pasta, too. LOL! We are careful about how much we give him, but he's spoiled. He was getting a little too spoiled and we cut out people food thinking that would make him eat his dog food. He held out for 3 days before he finally broke down and ate dog food. It was really starting to get to me, too, but I knew he would eventually give in. He's a hardheaded little cuss, too.
WOW! 3 DAYZ? thats more than i would hold out…mebbe. **laughin** i was just posting what the professionals recommend. but like that new commercial with the people getting locked out while the dog is eyeing the turkey table…ya gotto watch them pets closely!

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #642
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,855.47
Savings: 0.00
Sparky could eyeball that table all he wanted too. He's too short to jump up there. LOL! Yep, he went without eating 3 whole days. He did keep drinking his water. After we finished eating, he would go sniff his dry food, then his "people" food dish, give us a sad puppy face and then hit the sofa and have a nap. The third say, he heaved a big ol' sigh and went to his dish and all we heard for about 10 minutes was the sound of dog food crunching.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #643
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Sparky could eyeball that table all he wanted too. He's too short to jump up there. LOL! Yep, he went without eating 3 whole days. He did keep drinking his water. After we finished eating, he would go sniff his dry food, then his "people" food dish, give us a sad puppy face and then hit the sofa and have a nap. The third say, he heaved a big ol' sigh and went to his dish and all we heard for about 10 minutes was the sound of dog food crunching.
and are you keeping the short little dude on his new diet?

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #644
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Kind of. He is still getting people food, but not nearly as much. He's not too happy about it either. He will love having the grandson around full time. The grand is almost 3 and not real neat when he eats yet, and Sparky knows that the place to sit when the baby is there is by the baby's chair. LOL!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #645
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Kind of. He is still getting people food, but not nearly as much. He's not too happy about it either. He will love having the grandson around full time. The grand is almost 3 and not real neat when he eats yet, and Sparky knows that the place to sit when the baby is there is by the baby's chair. LOL!
yeah…dogs are rather smart that way. who needs a “rumba” when ya have dogs? **laughin** well, i just stopped in for a sec while i am racing inbetween getting ready for my friend to show up. then its off to PT again. i wonder how i will do with two days in a row. i better go see about eating something more with protein. ive had the carbs with some protein..but not enough.

I HOPE ALL YOU CAT PEOPLE ARE KEEPING ON YOUR TOES TOO!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #646
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

A kick off for christmas 1min 23sec

Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #647
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

JINGLE CAT “holly jolly christmas” 1min 45sec

Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #648
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
friday was a pretty good day for the shelter.23 animals went hone. i sent home 6 cats and 1 dog myself. and im still getting grief for not sending home more.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #649
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
friday was a pretty good day for the shelter.23 animals went hone. i sent home 6 cats and 1 dog myself. and im still getting grief for not sending home more.
GREAT JOB! glad for ya FLUTEMAKER. and for all the little critters.
why dont you put some pix up here of the ones available for adoption..you know, sort of a “pet of the week” ….hey, maybe even start a thread?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #650
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
thats a long long story. i still work there but im not a favorite of managment.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #651
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
thats a long long story. i still work there but im not a favorite of managment.
*sigh* i am sorry to hear that.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #652
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
my hair is too long and i refuse to treat the animals like merchandise at k-mart. i actually turn away almost as many people as i adopt to.i once turned away a woman who turned out to be a big donor.they were maaaaaddddd. and i told them i didnt care how much money she gave, the womans a hoarder.so i lost my golden status.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #653
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
my hair is too long and i refuse to treat the animals like merchandise at k-mart. i actually turn away almost as many people as i adopt to.i once turned away a woman who turned out to be a big donor.they were maaaaaddddd. and i told them i didnt care how much money she gave, the womans a hoarder.so i lost my golden status.
**laughin** i did something kinda like that. i was working a JCPENNY at the time..i was in the process of ringing up a womans purchase….then the lights n power went out…she insisted that i try the register so strongly.....so like a dummy i did. all heck broke loose with the registers alarm blaring away no matter what i did to it. security was right on the spot along with the head of the store! i was so flustered i didnt know what to say…i felt guilty like i was stealing or something…the customer turned out to be the wife of the head of the store!
but i am sorry it turned out that way for you. so i say SPIFFFT! to them!!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #654
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

BRING EM IN!…its coming early..

THERE is a FREEZE WARNING for many places across the states. especially down in TEXAS. so please cover your pipes, make sure your cattle have adequate shelter, and please please BRING IN YOUR PETS! thankz!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #655
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

ok, now this really happened yesterday. im telling you, not to be mean, but because it was sooo danged funny!

i have a new nextdoor neighbor who has this really beautiful house cat. well, he called me over to help set his microwave clock and help him put some plastic markers on some of the numbers. (he’s blind). anyway, so after we did that and i was talking to him at the storm door, with it open, his cat raced out like lightening!

he ran to the middle of the yard and stopped, looking around…but just as i was thinking ‘danged, im never going to catch him..’, that cat turned around and ran straight back in! he skidded and rolled as his feet hit the hard floor, but never stopped running until he got to the bedroom! i was so shocked by everything that happened so fast, that i was still standing in the doorway with the door open…when it finally hit me, i started laughin hard! trying to explain to my neighbor what had happened. that darn cat hadnt realized when he charge out, that it was raining until he got to the middle of the lawn!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #656
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

from CESAR’S WAY

Cesar's Top 9 Holiday Tips for Dogs

The holidays are fun for all including dogs, but dogs can get overexcited by guests and injured or poisoned by holiday decorations and treats. Here are my top holiday tips for a happy pooch!

1. Tire your dog out before visiting or receiving holiday guests.

Keep in mind that holiday visits are not typical visits. They may involve more heightened energy than normal, since often we haven’t seen these people in a while, and dog people have a tendency to get excited around others’ pets. Your dog is more likely to behave if it’s just had a nice long walk. If they’re not dog people, your guest may be nervous, insecure, and unsure; a tired dog can help these people relax.

2. Don't forget rules, boundaries, and limitations just because it's the holidays!

When it comes to the aromatic holiday food, sweets, and candies lying about the house, there are many temptations for your dog. You have to remind him or her that the rules, boundaries, and limitations are the same. Use the holiday as a chance to intensify good behavior instead of intensifying bad behavior. It's up to you to take the opportunity to make it a great holiday by working on your leadership skills!

3. Protect your dog from the cold.

Many breeds are not built to handle cold weather. Check out your local pet store for the many ways to handle this. You can buy doggie boots and gear made specifically for cold weather. There are also paw waxes that protect from the cold and aid your dog’s grip on slippery surfaces like ice or snow.

4. Let your dog check the weather.

Dogs don’t have the Weather Channel, so they don’t know why they are being denied a long walk for the day. Allow your dog to step outside and feel for itself that it is too cold or too stormy to go on a long walk. Instinctually, the dog will understand why it is coming back inside where it’s safe. But, be careful not to allow them to do this too often. They can learn to use this open door to manipulate and control you. Also, some dogs, if out in the cold for too long, will develop thicker fur and maintain their fat as a natural protection, so they may not feel the cold as intensely as we humans do. This can be an advantage if you want to continue to take your dog for walks in cold weather. However, please keep in mind that many short-haired breeds do not have this natural resistance to cold weather.

5. Be cautious when around the fireplace!

Animals are instinctual about fire; it is natural for an animal to stay away. However, during this holiday season, many owners like to dress their dogs up. Never use a product which may contain alcohol, such as hairspray, silly string, or entertainment paint, on a dog that will be around fire. Always be cautious near a fire with an animal that is wearing clothing. A stray piece of fabric can quickly cause the entire outfit to light on fire. A screen is a good way to keep a “done-up” pup safe. Also, never leave an animal alone in a room with a lit candle. As a general holiday precaution, test your smoke alarms, and keep them clean and equipped with fresh batteries at all times!

6. Be aware of dangerous holiday items.

The festive poinsettia causes dogs to vomit. Chocolate is a poisonous treat. And tinsel has sent many a dog to the emergency room, as it can easily cut up intestines. Paper-based tinsel is generally a safer option, but the plastic or metallic-based varities should not be used.

7. Protect your presents and decorations.

Remember that a dog will know if a gift contains something edible, even if you don’t. Ask your guests in advance if there is food inside the presents, and keep them out of your dog’s reach! Keep fragile ornaments toward the top of the Christmas tree; only place sturdy ones near the bottom. Often people use a pen to keep dogs away from their tree. Keep it fun by decorating the pen with ribbons. And, above all, set rules, boundaries, and limitations!

8. I don't recommend giving a puppy as a holiday gift.

Most often, giving a puppy for emotional reasons turns out badly. Love is never the problem. Who doesn't love a puppy? But most people don’t know how to keep a puppy balanced, and the puppy is going to suffer the consequences from the first day. In particular, if a person doesn't know they are getting a puppy, they will be in the wrong state of mind to receive him or her. I highly recommend holding off on affection for a week or, at the very least, until the end of the day when the puppy is quiet, in his kennel, and ready for sleep. This is virtually impossible to do if you just received a puppy as a surprise!

I strongly believe that people need to have some basic knowledge about the commitment and responsibility of pet ownership and how to play a leadership role even though it’s a puppy. The beautiful part about starting with a puppy is that, if you know what to do, you are going to prevent problems. But if you don’t, you are going to create problems. We have to take the same philosophy as adopting a child. You don’t just give a kid away. You have to get the whole family involved. Everyone has to understand the responsibility they are taking on.

9. Live in the moment! Be happy! Laugh! Celebrate!

Want to do something special for your dog for the holidays? Be balanced. Don’t be nervous. Don’t be fearful. Don’t be tense. Don’t think about anything that makes you sad, depressed, or angry. Really live in that moment. Believe it or not, that is one of the biggest gifts we can give to our dog--and ourselves! Everyone, rich or poor, can practice this simple activity. It has more meaning than any gift you can buy.

Live in the now, with your dog right next to you and your family around you. Your dog is going to get the benefit of it, particularly if you don’t have days like this on a regular basis. This special day will linger in his or her memory, and, hopefully, you can learn to practice these days more often, not just during the holiday season.

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 12-01-2011 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: highlighting areas. to tweak or not to tweat, dat waz da question! **laffz**
Old 12-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #657
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
ok, now this really happened yesterday. im telling you, not to be mean, but because it was sooo danged funny!

i have a new nextdoor neighbor who has this really beautiful house cat. well, he called me over to help set his microwave clock and help him put some plastic markers on some of the numbers. (he’s blind). anyway, so after we did that and i was talking to him at the storm door, with it open, his cat raced out like lightening!

he ran to the middle of the yard and stopped, looking around…but just as i was thinking ‘danged, im never going to catch him..’, that cat turned around and ran straight back in! he skidded and rolled as his feet hit the hard floor, but never stopped running until he got to the bedroom! i was so shocked by everything that happened so fast, that i was still standing in the doorway with the door open…when it finally hit me, i started laughin hard! trying to explain to my neighbor what had happened. that darn cat hadnt realized when he charge out, that it was raining until he got to the middle of the lawn!

That's too funny!!! I would have loved to have seen that.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #658
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
My cats get spoiled during the holidays. Hanukkah's almost here. They'll get 8 days of their fav. food, plus each one will get a toy on each day of Hanukkah. So, each year brings (a minimum of) 16 new kitty toys!

I swear, they have more toys than most kids. They have a "toy box," and it's so funny to see them root around in it to find just the right toy to play with!
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #659
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
My cats get spoiled during the holidays. Hanukkah's almost here. They'll get 8 days of their fav. food, plus each one will get a toy on each day of Hanukkah. So, each year brings (a minimum of) 16 new kitty toys!

I swear, they have more toys than most kids. They have a "toy box," and it's so funny to see them root around in it to find just the right toy to play with!
The only difference between furry kids and human kids is that you don't have to put the furry ones through college. LOL! I would love to see them pawing through the toy box looking for toys. I bet that's funny.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #660
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
The only difference between furry kids and human kids is that you don't have to put the furry ones through college. LOL! I would love to see them pawing through the toy box looking for toys. I bet that's funny.
I dunno... obedience training can get awfully expensive...lol...and the vet bills... oh my... our old guys ended up being 30k dogs with all their vet bills as they aged. It would have been cheaper to send the kid to college...lol

Our psycho collie digs around in her toy basket for just the right toy too...some days it's the gingerbread man, other days it's the toy bone...and some days it's the toy puppy...lol
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Last edited by yaahl; 12-03-2011 at 12:07 PM..
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links