Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Pet Chatter Pet Chatter

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #661
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
My cats get spoiled during the holidays. Hanukkah's almost here. They'll get 8 days of their fav. food, plus each one will get a toy on each day of Hanukkah. So, each year brings (a minimum of) 16 new kitty toys!

I swear, they have more toys than most kids. They have a "toy box," and it's so funny to see them root around in it to find just the right toy to play with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
The only difference between furry kids and human kids is that you don't have to put the furry ones through college. LOL! I would love to see them pawing through the toy box looking for toys. I bet that's funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
I dunno... obedience training can get awfully expensive...lol...and the vet bills... oh my... our old guys ended up being 30k dogs with all their vet bills as they aged. It would have been cheaper to send the kid to college...lol

Our psycho collie digs around in her toy basket for just the right toy too...some days it's the gingerbread man, other days it's the toy bone...and some days it's the toy puppy...lol
Y'all are gonna make me dump the wicker basket full of kitteh toys...
and dump it on the floor!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #662
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
A RESCUE STORY…pit bull stereotypes

By Nicole Pajer

When Cora Palma stumbled upon an abandoned pit bull puppy roaming the streets of downtown Los Angeles, keeping her was the furthest thing from her mind. Palma, like many, associated pit bulls with being aggressive creatures and not lovable household pets. Little did she know that the puppy she found would not only change her perspective on pit bulls but would single-handedly help to change the stigmas associated with pit bulls.

Palma, a school psychologist in South Central Los Angeles, was on her way to work one morning when she found a filthy and abandoned pit bull puppy running down the street. Falling victim to the common stereotype of pit bulls being aggressive and unpredictable, Palma was extremely hesitant to approach the dog. “When I first saw her, my initial instinct was to go pick her up because she was so tiny, but then I thought, "What the heck am I going to do with this dog? She's clearly a pit bull, and I’m in the middle of South Central,” she explains. Palma almost drove away but after witnessing the puppy running up to people passing by on the street and begging to be picked up, she pulled over the car. “She ran right up to me and almost leaped into my arms when I bent down to pick her up. At first, I stood on the sidewalk while holding her, looking around to see if she belonged to anyone. I waited for about 10 minutes until one of the residents started talking to me and said, "It looks like you found yourself a dog.”

Keeping the dog never crossed Palma’s mind. “I decided I was going to find a no-kill shelter to take her to, so got on my phone in search of one. The only one I found was closed on Mondays, and this day happened to be a Monday, so I took her home for the night with the intention of taking her to the shelter in the morning,” explains Palma. Upon arriving home from work, Palma gave the starving pup some food and cleaned her up in the bathtub. “She was so petrified and cold and fell asleep trembling in my arms. At that point, I knew that man was right. I had found myself a dog.”

Palma still had her doubts about keeping her, however. “I was petrified. I kept thinking, she’s a pit bull. I can’t handle a pit bull.” As Palma battled with whether or not to keep the dog, she realized she was growing more and more attached to her. She began purchasing dog beds, toys, treats, and decided on a name, Gioia (pronounced Joy-a), which is Italian for “joy.”

“She was my first dog so this is what made me even more intimidated that she was a pit. I grew up around dogs, but never having the sole responsibility of one,” explains Palma. Several days after finding Gioia, Palma took her to the vet to have the dog examined and to address her concerns about the breed. The vet relieved her fears and said that her professional opinion was that Gioia didn’t have an aggressive bone in her body. The vet did warn Palma, however, that raising a pit does come with a certain responsibility and it was essential that she did her best to educate herself on necessary measures she’d need to take to train and properly socialize Gioia.

Following the veterinary appointment, Palma made one final attempt to find a new home for Gioia but she admits that it was with lackluster effort. At the end of the day, she had over 10 offers from people that wanted her but just could not part with her.

“Once I decided I was going to keep her, I read everything there was to read about raising pits. I googled all kinds of articles. I bought Cesar’s book “How to Raise the Perfect Dog,” and read it cover to cover. I was hell bent on making sure that if I was going to keep this dog, I would do everything right. I followed every bit of advice that I got: I socialized her immediately; I let her play with every dog she encountered, and corrected her when she would play too rough. I also took her to puppy school, and worked a lot with her one on one,” Palma says.

Rescuing Gioia has completely changed Palma’s views on pit bulls. “Gioia is truly the sweetest dog I have ever met,” explains Palma who says that she is very pleased with the name she picked out for her; “It’s very fitting considering the fact that literally every person who sees or interacts with her has a huge smile on their face.”

Everyone who encounters Palma’s lovable pup comments on the fact that she is such a positive role model for pit bulls, including Palma’s friends and family who initially urged her to give the “aggressive” dog away. “One of my friends, in particular, told me a story about a neighbor's pit bull attacking her cat or something. She was scared to death of pits and was very vocal about this and about me not keeping Gioia. Just the other day, she said to me, "Wow, Gioia has proved us all wrong, hasn't she?” exclaims Palma.

Palma considers rescuing Gioia to be one of the best things she’s ever done and is so thankful that she pushed her reservations aside and took a chance on raising her. I honestly don’t think I will ever own another type of dog. There are so many pits that need to be rescued, and who are euthanized because no one wants them. If it weren’t for me, it is very likely that this amazing, happy, loving dog would be dead.”

When asked if she could imagine her life without Gioia, Palma says, absolutely not. “I’ve never really understood the connection humans had with their dogs until I met Gioia.
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #663
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,621.62
Savings: 0.00
Nice story. We had a pit once. We got him when he was not even a week old. His mom had 16 puppies and of course, couldn't take care of that many. He was just the greatest dog. Fun time-potty training a toddler and bottle feeding a puppy. LOL! Our son was barely 2 and I did have some reservations as the dog got older, since when the baby was standing, he and the dog were eyeball to eyeball. We all went to the store one evening, dog in the backseat with the baby. I saw some guy talking to my husband in the store and when he came out of the store and got back int he car, he told me that the guy had offered him $400 for Flap. Naive me asked him why he would pay that much for a dog and my husband told me he wanted him for fighting. I was horrified. The dog was small for a pit, but he was all muscle. The guy even came by the house one day, we think to try and steal the dog. He didn't count on me being home. After we had a little conversation, he never came around again. :)

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #664
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 72,336.14
Quote:
My cats get spoiled during the holidays. Hanukkah's almost here. They'll get 8 days of their fav. food, plus each one will get a toy on each day of Hanukkah. So, each year brings (a minimum of) 16 new kitty toys!
Ssh! The Princess will hear you and be over. She could give up crashing through the Christmas tree, mantle sweeping, ornament hockey, and stocking riffling for 16 shiny new super balls. You'd have no glassware when she got done picking the balls up in her month and throwing them off the dining room table. But she'd be happy.

She'd probably like sofganiyot and latkes better than turkey.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #665
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
My two would just, er, plotz if they ever actually had to deal with another cat!

+++++++++++++++

Oh, and I forgot! They also get "fresh" catnip each night during Hanukkah, and of course, kitty treats - right now they like the Crunch Lovers line from Whisker Lickins.

So yeah, what with the toys, treats and bein' hopped up on catnip...

RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #666
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
hi SUBEEDS..THANKS…yeah, some people (especially men) have no qualms about stealing a pit bull. for that matter, any dog they can lay their hands on…the ones that arent being trained for fights, get to be the ones the fighters train on…its usually onesided where the fighter wins,….because the other dog hasnt a clue what is going on and doesnt have the instinct to fight.

OLCHEMIST…RDNKJ….you two are the exceptions….with your catz…drivin the poor critters crazy with happiness.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #667
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They also get "fresh" catnip each night during Hanukkah, and of course, kitty treats - right now they like the Crunch Lovers line from Whisker Lickins.
Oh, if there is going to be catnip she'll pass. One Christmas I bought her a big ol' jar of super deluxe catnip. I put a little out in a dish for her. She ran over, sniffed and backed slowly away from the catnip. Then she gave me this look -- kind of a feline version of the expression Nancy Reagan would have gotten if had someone had offered her a toke. The Princess does not do catnip.

Now Bucky.... He'll indulge. Then he'll go hunting imaginary gazelles in the living room savanna. He likes to sleep it off under the dining room rug. You'll hear him whining, go into the dining room and find a huge lump under the rug caught between the legs of the table.

Cobalt (aka the Princess) likes the chicken and cheese flavor of the Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments treats. They are the one and only treats right now. I can't find them in the stores around here. So I have to order them by the case from Amazon. The cats now recognize the boxes with the big smile printed on the side. They are so disappointed when it's just books, LOL.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:26 AM   #668
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Thumbs up

Housebreaking Your Puppy: Do's and Don'ts

By Cesar Millan

The process of housebreaking often brings on feelings of nervousness and worry, but the process does not have to be stressful—for you or the puppy.

The truth is this is a situation in which you have Mother Nature working with you right from the start while puppy training. When the puppies are first born, they eat and they relieve themselves inside the den, but the mother always cleans them. There is never a scent of urine or feces where the puppies eat, sleep, and live. When they get old enough, they learn to use outside areas as they imitate their mother.

In this way, all dogs become conditioned never to eliminate in their dens. From two to four months of age, most pups pick up on the concept of housebreaking and crate training quite easily since it is part of their natural programming.

Another built-in plus when it comes to housebreaking is our puppy’s digestive tract, which is extremely quick and efficient. Five to 30 minutes after the puppy eats, she’ll want to defecate. So with a consistent eating schedule, and your attention to the clock, your puppy can maintain regular trips outside.

In the early days of housebreaking, you also want to make sure the puppy has a place to relieve herself where she feels safe; a place that seems and smells familiar. Have you noticed how dogs will often eliminate in the very same spot they’ve done so before? The scent acts like a trigger.

As always, remember that your own energy is a big factor in your housebreaking efforts. If you are feeling nervous or impatient or are trying to rush a puppy to relieve herself, that can also stress her out. Using a loud, high squeaky tone to encourage your puppy to “go potty” is a distraction to the dog, so try and avoid any conversation at all.

First thing every morning, bring your puppy outside to the same general area. It is important to remain consistent throughout the process so your puppy can learn the habit.

Once your puppy has successfully gone outside, it is important to reward the good behavior. It doesn’t have to be a big, loud celebration, but a simple quiet approval or a treat can get the message across of a job well done.

Don’t punish your puppy for an accident or do anything to create a negative association with her bodily functions. Stay calm and assertive and quietly remove the puppy to the place where you want him to go.

Done correctly, housebreaking should not be a turbulent production but just a matter of putting a little extra work into getting your puppy on a schedule during the first weeks after she arrives at your home. Don’t let unnecessary stress over this very natural, uncomplicated process taint any of the joy surrounding the puppy training process and your new dog’s puppyhood.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #669
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
This just cracked me up when I saw it.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #670
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
http://news.yahoo.com/cats-26-toes-h...080754594.html

polydactal cats arent all that rare. it just means that mommy and daddy were a little too closely related before they got together. its still a good story and a nice schtick to pull in some donations.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #671
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
hi SUBEEDS..THANKS…yeah, some people (especially men) have no qualms about stealing a pit bull. for that matter, any dog they can lay their hands on…the ones that arent being trained for fights, get to be the ones the fighters train on…its usually onesided where the fighter wins,….because the other dog hasnt a clue what is going on and doesnt have the instinct to fight.

OLCHEMIST…RDNKJ….you two are the exceptions….with your catz…drivin the poor critters crazy with happiness.
the american human society estimated that in 2010 as many as 2.5 million dogs had been stolen from peoples back yards. thats why i always encourage my adopters to never leave their dogs unattended in the yard. even if youre confident your dog wont leave the yard you dont always have much control over what comes in. its only takes a second.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #672
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post

polydactal cats arent all that rare. it just means that mommy and daddy were a little too closely related before they got together. its still a good story and a nice schtick to pull in some donations.
A Hemingway cat. Key West is full of 6 toed cats, with most believed to be descendants of Ernie's cats. Even if they aren't 6 toed, I read that most of them carry the gene for it.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #673
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
the american human society estimated that in 2010 as many as 2.5 million dogs had been stolen from peoples back yards. thats why i always encourage my adopters to never leave their dogs unattended in the yard. even if youre confident your dog wont leave the yard you dont always have much control over what comes in. its only takes a second.
DANG! we cant even leave our pets in our yards anymore?! *SIGH*
Quote:

my old landlady in california had a ‘tuxedo” cat...all black with white chest and feet. he had only one extra toe on each foot, but his were HUGE, like catchers mitts. they almost went all the way around. his paws were so wide, he could balance walking along the inch wide fence. someone had dropped him over the wall into her garden one day when he was a kitten. she named him ‘PONCHO’. i havent a clue as to why. now both are long gone, but i keep them in my heart.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #674
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Wliiow, the mouse-a-roni and cheese cat, had extra toes on all her feet. It gave her enough leverage that she could get the top off the old popcorn tin in which we kept the crunchies. (It helped that she was smart enough not to stand on the lid while trying to remove it. Unlike the other cats.) Between the tail that was a hand's width longer than her body and the extra toes, we'd joke she was from the Trinity Site pet farm. But, she's probably the next stage in kitty evolution and in a few years we'll all be living in fear of the thumb cats...

Thumb cats want your milk
Old 12-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #675
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Oh, if there is going to be catnip she'll pass. One Christmas I bought her a big ol' jar of super deluxe catnip. I put a little out in a dish for her. She ran over, sniffed and backed slowly away from the catnip. Then she gave me this look -- kind of a feline version of the expression Nancy Reagan would have gotten if had someone had offered her a toke. The Princess does not do catnip.
Mafalda used to be like that. She just wasn't interested in catnip at all...then one day she changed her mind. She loves it now. Just like her sister. Olga is still the "drug addict" of the two. Loves catnip. Will steal and chew up (unlit) cigarettes if you're not careful. She LOVES sniffing tobacco! She likes alcohol too. If I'm having a Crown & Coke, she'll stick her face down in the glass and drink her some if I don't keep it away from her. I wonder if there's a D.A.R.E. program for cats?

Quote:
Now Bucky.... He'll indulge. Then he'll go hunting imaginary gazelles in the living room savanna. He likes to sleep it off under the dining room rug. You'll hear him whining, go into the dining room and find a huge lump under the rug caught between the legs of the table.
My two both go wild with catnip now. But they have to steal the other one's. I'll give Olga some and I'll give Mafalda the same amount a few feet away. Then they both have to chase the other away from what I gave them - so Olga ends up eating and rolling in Mafalda's catnip, and Mafalda does the same in Olga's. Jealous children!

Quote:
Cobalt (aka the Princess) likes the chicken and cheese flavor of the Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments treats. They are the one and only treats right now. I can't find them in the stores around here. So I have to order them by the case from Amazon. The cats now recognize the boxes with the big smile printed on the side. They are so disappointed when it's just books, LOL.
I was at Petsmart this weekend getting cat food and kitty toys for Hanukkah. They had Tender Moments kinda mixed in with the Crunch Lovers. So I got 'em a bag of each.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #676
Lion of Judah

Quote:
This just cracked me up when I saw it.
That's hilarious!!! Mine will give me that same look if I bother them when they're not in the mood! lol
Old 12-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #677
Lion of Judah

Quote:
A Hemingway cat. Key West is full of 6 toed cats, with most believed to be descendants of Ernie's cats. Even if they aren't 6 toed, I read that most of them carry the gene for it.
We went down to Key West and visited Hemingway's house when I was a kid. At that time I was way more interested in the cats than the house!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #678
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
looks like justice is going to be coming back to stay with us for a bit longer.we got a message saying that the house his family was moving into turns out to have several gas leaks and a landlord who doesnt feel like getting them fixed just now.....
so we'll have him back for a few more weeks.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #679
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,552.42
Talking wild rose - meow song

for you cat lovers from g&b with love hehehe
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #680
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
looks like justice is going to be coming back to stay with us for a bit longer.we got a message saying that the house his family was moving into turns out to have several gas leaks and a landlord who doesnt feel like getting them fixed just now.....
so we'll have him back for a few more weeks.
poor JUSTICE.....having to shuttle this way and that....just when there was a “forever home on the horizon”. (wont say what i think of the landlord...m#$zF&.#%!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post

for you cat lovers from g&b with love hehehe
how the heck did you know about THAT one?
Sponsored Links