Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Political Stuff Thread Political Stuff Thread

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,148.17
Savings: 0.00

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #22
Banned

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 13,536.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post

You might be a Democrat if:
You own something that says, "Dukakis for President, " and still display it.
You've ever said, "We really should call the ACLU about this."
You ever based an argument on the phrase, "But they can afford a tax hike because..."
You keep count of how many people you know in each racial or ethnic category.
You believe our government must do it because everyone in Europe does.
You can't talk about foreign policy without using the word conspiracy.
You think Ralph Nader makes a lot of sense.
You don't understand why anyone was bothered by Jane's trip to Hanoi.
You think solar energy is being held back by those greedy oil companies.
You think the State of Florida should have tried to reform Ted Bundy.
You think the Free Market is where they hand out Government cheese.
You think Carter should be on Mt. Rushmore.
You believe personal injury lawyers when they say they are just trying to defend the little guy.
You actually believe the NY Times and Washington Post... and CNN and MSNBC
You think the anti-war protestors from '60s are the real heroes.
You think that Supply Side Economics refers to your dope dealer's stash.
You think Michael Jackson is a great example of diversity.
You actually think that poverty can be abolished.
You think that Joan Baez had something to say.
You admire the Swedish welfare system.
You think the Flat Tax should be at 95%
After looking at your pay stub you can still say, "America is undertaxed."
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
Agent of Chaos

RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,230.60
Interesting points. Allow me to retort
You might be a republican if:
  • You own a hat that reads "Buy American" on the front and "Made in China" on the tag.
  • You believe in small government... (for corporations only)
  • You aren't bothered by the 9-11 commission's report, or the fact that we never found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but you just don't buy Obama's birth certificate.
  • You cannot name, or locate on a map any of the nations the U.S. provides aide to, but feel your opinion on foreign policy is somehow more valid than those who can.
  • You believe your freedom is being threatened because you can't deny freedom to others.
  • The only book you've ever read was "Atlas Shrugged"
  • You think cannibalism makes good business since.
  • You categorize "education" as a "character flaw".
  • You honestly believe you can see Russia from Alaska.
  • You think Obama is the world's only beer drinking Muslim.
  • You think the woman suing the hospital for negligently removing both her labia (when only one was cancerous) is just "Milking it"
  • You think your news should tell you what to think, and provide no facts, or contrary opinions to your own.
  • You never noticed that a lot of Fox News' "polls" add up to over 100%.
  • You hate with a passion that your tax dollars go to welfare, but never batted an eye when the same tax dollars subsidized Mitt Romney's acquisition of companies.
  • You can ask "Where are all the jobs?" and tell someone to "get a job" in the same conversation.
  • You think anyone on birth control is a "slut"
  • You think Saudi Arabia "might be onto something" when it comes to women's rights, and religious freedoms.
  • You can ask "Where are all the jobs?" and complain about illegal immigrants taking all the jobs in the same conversation.
  • You can complain about companies sending jobs overseas, and call the wealthy "job creators" in the same conversation.

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
Banned

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
@Section 8 ... Wait! What do you mean I can't see Russia from my house? was Palin full of , say it aint so... lol

Q: What's the difference between a Democrat and a prostitute?
A: The prostitute gives value for the money she takes.

Q: What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead Democrat in the road?
A: Vultures will eat the skunk.

Q: What's the difference between a Democrat and a catfish?
A: One is an ugly, scum sucking bottom-feeder and the other is a fish.

Q: What do you get when you cross a bad politician with a lawyer?
A: Chelsea.

Q: What do you get when you cross a pilgrim with a democrat?
A: A god-fearing tax collector who gives thanks for what other people have.

Q: What happens when you cross a pig with a Democrat?
A: Nothing. There are some things a pig won't do.

Q: Why did God create Democrats?
A: In order to make used car salesmen look good.

Q. How many Democrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Just one, but it really gets screwed.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Banned

Items Tree
Where'd everyone go? Man it really is that easy to beat a liberal!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've been shooting and editing and making discs and transferring files and driving several thousand miles... LOL

I'd like to see someone try and beat this liberal... LOL

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #27
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
I've been shooting and editing and making discs and transferring files and driving several thousand miles... LOL

I'd like to see someone try and beat this liberal... LOL
And yet he finds time to stop in and explain why he's not here, and leaves not Republican jokes? You're starting to disappoint me @Toolbox! lol

Here I'll help ya out a bit.
Where's the only place you can find a sensible Republican platform?
Payless Shoe Source.

Where can you find a Republican politician who's not currently taking bribes?
The cemetery.

What would it take for a Republican to understand macroeconomics?
Five fewer syllables.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
oh you guys!!

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #29
Agent of Chaos

RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,230.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezrazed View Post
Where'd everyone go? Man it really is that easy to beat a liberal!

I'd prefer not being called "a conservative" or "a liberal" To me that's about the same as being called "Idiot" or "Moron". Basically anyone who knows exactly how they will vote before the candidates are even registered(IMHO) doesn't have all his dogs barking.

Secondly I was hoping we'd do more than hurl insults and mean spirited jokes at one another, like discuss and maybe even debate some current events. Here's one.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Personally I think it's great having the government tell us what portions we can have. It's like having mom around to make sure we eat our veggies, and save us from ourselves!!

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #30
I pull your leg out!

LOL @ The Soda Ban... it doesn't ban people from refills or buying additional soft drinks.

I think there is merit in the ban though as it does make people think about the fact they are drinking large sums of sugary soda. Our bodies will recognize the sugar but our brain's system for recognizing hunger is not satisfied with liquid calories. People then tend to drink a lot of soda without realizing that they are consuming anywhere between 30 and 100 grams of sugar. We then wonder why there are so many obese, overweight, and diabetic people in this country, granted some are just genetically programmed that way or have glandular problems.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Banned

Items Tree
It's all in good fun Section 8, I'm a Raging Conservative but have a hard time being associated with these yabos in office who disgust many while tarnishing the republican party. We know what we believe and most of what the tote aint even close. If you noticed i don't have a problem calling either side a bonehead. lol on th subject of issue all i have to say about that is with all the problems in NYC are fountain drinks the most important issue to focus on. Appear to me this guy is toting Michelles agenda because He's either saying back a debt or vieing for a cabinet position. To me there are just on other reasons that this should be THAT important. jmo

*my stupid phone has spell check and auto correct, but do you think that it would allow you to separate your thoughts and organize them in things call paragraphs. And the auto-correct isn't all that correct either

Last edited by rezrazed; 06-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: my phone is terrible.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
From today's White House Press Briefing:

(Press Secretary) CARNEY: Jake, the president is focused far less on his job than on the jobs of the American people. That’s what he works on every day. That is what drives all of the economic proposals that he has put forward.

(ABC Reporter) TAPPER: Well not today, right? Today he has fundraisers –

Obama's Schedule:

Monday, June 4, 2012

9:45 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
3:25 pm || Departs White House
4:35 pm|| Arrives New York City
5:20 pm || Speaks at a fundraiser, private residence

8:25 pm|| Speaks at a fundraiser; Waldorf Astoria
9:35 pm|| Speaks at a fundraiser; New Amsterdam Theater
11:20 pm || Departs New York City
12:30 am || Arrives White House

Last Friday, he attended 6 fundraisers.

Kind of reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite films of all time, "The American President."

"I was so busy keeping my job I forgot to do my job."

The US added only 69,000 jobs last month. Wish the President would spend more time helping get Americans back to work.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
The US added only 69,000 jobs last month. Wish the President would spend more time helping get Americans back to work.
If he doesn't remain in office -- which shouldn't be that difficult -- he can't do that.

What do you think he's doing between 9:45 AM and 3:25 PM? Plus, I'd bet there's work being done on the flight which is why we have Air Force One: a plane that is a flying White House.

Sure, I get it. President Obama is going to spend five hours getting checks and $1000 per plate towards his reelection, starting after 5:00 PM.

I don't see the problem.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #34
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If he doesn't remain in office -- which shouldn't be that difficult -- he can't do that.

What do you think he's doing between 9:45 AM and 3:25 PM? Plus, I'd bet there's work being done on the flight which is why we have Air Force One: a plane that is a flying White House.

Sure, I get it. President Obama is going to spend five hours getting checks and $1000 per plate towards his reelection, starting after 5:00 PM.

I don't see the problem.
I do.

I wish I had his "work" schedule. That's less than 6 hours a day. And his "flying White House" is funded by me - the taxpayer, who is paying him to do his job, not campaign for a re-run.

Those tickets aren't $1,000 a plate - the fundraiser at the HEDGE FUND MANAGER'S house is $40,000 a plate?

Funny...this man can attack private equity firms, banks and corporate CEO's, but he sure has no problem taking their money.

I think you're wrong about it being easy for him to stay in office...
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #35
I pull your leg out!

Someone point out where in the job description of the President Of The United States does it say that he or she has the duty to create private sector jobs? LOL. The only thing that the president or the government can do to private sector jobs is create legislation that incites businesses to hire or fire people.... some of the firings or lay-offs I assume are retaliatory for tax increases or regulations - you know because an additional 1% out of profits is such a huge loss.

As for the president doing fund raisers while on the job... Every president does that. The Oval Office travels with the president during the flights or car rides to and from events, he is constantly analyzing data, on the phone and sending e-mails. He also has a team of people with him that process information and communications while he is speaking or fun raising. Yes tax money is spent on travel but the amount spent is microscopic compared to the rest of the government spending.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
Someone point out where in the job description of the President Of The United States does it say that he or she has the duty to create private sector jobs? LOL. The only thing that the president or the government can do to private sector jobs is create legislation that incites businesses to hire or fire people.... some of the firings or lay-offs I assume are retaliatory for tax increases or regulations - you know because an additional 1% out of profits is such a huge loss.

As for the president doing fund raisers while on the job... Every president does that. The Oval Office travels with the president during the flights or car rides to and from events, he is constantly analyzing data, on the phone and sending e-mails. He also has a team of people with him that process information and communications while he is speaking or fun raising. Yes tax money is spent on travel but the amount spent is microscopic compared to the rest of the government spending.
Toolbox, it is the Presidents job to create jobs, though he is actually not the one who does it specifically, he is the one who gets the credit for making Congress move, but in this Presidents case, he took that on himself

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/jobs_act.pdf
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
I do.

I wish I had his "work" schedule. That's less than 6 hours a day. And his "flying White House" is funded by me - the taxpayer, who is paying him to do his job, not campaign for a re-run.

Those tickets aren't $1,000 a plate - the fundraiser at the HEDGE FUND MANAGER'S house is $40,000 a plate?

Funny...this man can attack private equity firms, banks and corporate CEO's, but he sure has no problem taking their money.

I think you're wrong about it being easy for him to stay in office...
1. How long do you think he'd been up before that first meeting?
2. $40K? As long as it's not extorted, isn't that capitalism?
3. If they're giving $$$, they don't perceive him as "attacking."
4. It will become immediately easy after a single debate.

You see, Obama is a slightly left leaning moderate who had to appear more left than he is in order to win his initial nomination. (He has NOT governed from there.) Romney is a slightly right leaning moderate who had to pander to the Tea Party in order to secure his nomination. Bottom line? They're about 80% the same guy.

The most glaring difference? President Obama identifies with the vast majority of typical Americans and Romney offers to make $10K bets during debates without batting an eye. (i.e., Romney is not one of us.) That's going to become glaringly obvious as Mr. Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time is further scrutinized.

There'll be some mudslinging but -- regardless of a recent blip -- jobs have trended up for nearly two years, unemployment has trended down for nearly two years, Osama is dead, democracies are forming in both Egypt and Tunisia, SALT III was signed, healthcare legislation (similar to a Romney state level model) was passed, "Don't ask, don't tell" is gone, we averted financial collapse, don't torture people anymore, and are getting out of a demonically dumb war in the Middle East.

Is there some problem here of which I am unaware?
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Quote:

There'll be some mudslinging but -- regardless of a recent blip -- jobs have trended up for nearly two years, unemployment has trended down for nearly two years, Osama is dead, democracies are forming in both Egypt and Tunisia, SALT III was signed, healthcare legislation (similar to a Romney state level model) was passed, "Don't ask, don't tell" is gone, we averted financial collapse, don't torture people anymore, and are getting out of a demonically dumb war in the Middle East.

Yes. He's a Democrat. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Even if Obama was as arse kicking as Harrison Ford in Air Force One, people would still find something to attack. "Why'd he have to get all violent of the highjackers? He's too violent"

:P yeah, saw Air Force One a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in awhile. "If you give a mouse a cookie"

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Last edited by CandaePrincess; 06-05-2012 at 01:27 PM..
CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess View Post
Yes. He's a Democrat. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Even if Obama was as arse kicking as Harrison Ford in Air Force One, people would still find something to attack. "Why'd he have to get all violent of the highjackers? He's too violent"

:P yeah, saw Air Force One a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in awhile. "If you give a mouse a cookie"
True, but this also rolls both ways, I seem to remember 8 years of Bush bashing, and when the economy crashed who got the finger points? When the truth is, this Bush did as Carter did, and if you remember Carter drew criticism for letting capitalism work. Even more true is the economy was set on a crash course 7 Presidents back with more and more foreign affairs relations that consisted of outsourcing job to countries that promised to like us if we gave them employment and took it away from Americans, all for that almighty $. Turns out, we still don't have the jobs, they still hate us, and they got our $. And if you really want to point a finger, (not meaning you specifically CP) it should be pointed at the American consumer who has refused to stand up for American businesses, and throws money left and right on products from China, Taiwan, India and Mexico. There's not many things made in U.S.A. anymore, not to be confused with USA China. that's right no periods, not American. Anyway, thanks for your your 2 cents, add mine, and I think we still got 2 cents. lol
Old 06-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
Back where I belong

Items Present
Quote:

Jobs are up? Not so. Reliable numbers show that any decrease in the unemployment rate is more likely attributed to people dropping out of the workforce, rather than the unemployed getting rehired.

Averted financial collapse? More likely we just kicked the can down the road. We are further in debt than we have ever been, and there is no short-term way out of it.

We will never be out of war in the Middle East - I realistically see us going into either Syria or Iraq (or both) in the near future.

The healthcare bill, all or part of it, will be invalidated by the Supreme Court this summer.

He didn't close Guantanamo Bay. He didn't implement any kind of tax reform or immigration reform. So...Osama is dead. Unless you can put the gun in Obama's hand, the amount of credit he gets for that is minimal.

Yes, Obama is a Democrat - but that is only one of the reasons I don't like him, didn't vote for him and will never vote for him.

Have you ever voted for a Republican? Ever? I have - when the candidate had a platform I agreed with. Wonder how many Obama supporters only like him because he is a Dem - not because they are clearly informed on his policies.

I find you an enigma, Zeke. You so often are encouraging people to get responsible, don't look for handouts, be the master of your own density - yet you side with the party of bailouts and handouts.

Don't ask, don't tell...mmm.... Maybe you're a closeted conservative just waiting to "come out."

Fun Fact: Tom Cole, the only currently serving Native American congressman, a Chickasaw, is a Republican.

Last edited by NorthofAda; 06-05-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Sponsored Links