PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   post anything (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/post-anything-28053/)

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 955477)
131st Ponca Pow wow starts on Thursday!!!!!!!!!

White Eagle Park Is Added To National Historic Register

WHITE EAGLE The National Park Service has added White Eagle Park to the National Register of Historic Places effective as of June 8, 2007.

Located five miles south of Ponca City in the White Eagle community of the Ponca Tribe of Oklahoma, White Eagle Park is the first property in Oklahoma to be nominated and listed on the National Register as a traditional cultural place. The designation covers both the campgrounds and dance grounds, including the arena and bleachers, all located along the banks of the Salt Fork River.

The National Register is the federal government's official list of historic properties designated as worthy of preservation. Listing provides recognition and assists in preservation of the nation's heritage.

The process to obtain listing on the National Register is detailed and requires extensive documented supporting evidence. The Ponca Tribe hired Dr. Mary Jane Warde, in conjunction with an Oklahoma Historical Society Grant, to perform historical research and to write the nomination.

Warde holds a master's degree and doctorate from Oklahoma State University with specialties in Western and Indian history, particularly the history of Oklahoma. She was Indian Historian at the Oklahoma Historical Society for eight years and continues to work as a consultant.

Among the Ponca people it has been well known in oral tradition that the area now called White Eagle Park was the birthplace of the modern intertribal powwow. Warde was able to research and document the history of White Eagle Park and the Ponca traditions and culture which were shared with other tribes and which have evolved into the modern intertribal contest powwow.

Ceremony Set for Saturday

Representatives from the Oklahoma Historical Society are to participate in a special presentation on the National Register designation during the Saturday evening program at the 131st Ponca Powwow which begins this Thursday at White Eagle Park.

That sounds awesome.
Hope everyone is feeling great this morning.

whitewave 08-21-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian-heart-beat (Post 955445)
:lol: I guess it will be hard for you to get it 'now now now' while you are sitting at the computer :lol:

Hehehehe u have a point gurl!

whitewave 08-21-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneidaDreamer (Post 955378)
Heinz 57 huh? I don't think so Whitewave. I want mine now now now!

Hey if I gotta wait, you gotta wait. I have a feelin it will be worth it doncha think? I only have one more week to wait but I feel ya cause I'm goin nutz!

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 02:47 PM

so hello everyone!

whitewave 08-21-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxmoon (Post 955565)
so hello everyone!

:hello:

CandaePrincess 08-21-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxmoon (Post 955497)
That sounds awesome.
Hope everyone is feeling great this morning.

Yeah I hope it'll be a good turn out and not HOT! *L*

So they are putting offices up for us since we're in like a bull pen....if anyone knows what that is. Okay so my office is flippen small as crap. I don't know if I should be mad or not! I guess it's good b/c I can at least SHUT THE DOOR.

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 03:18 PM

:animated: I would be thankful that u have a door u must be talking about the ever so nice cubicles!

CandaePrincess 08-21-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxmoon (Post 955578)
:animated: I would be thankful that u have a door u must be talking about the ever so nice cubicles!

sort of like a cubicle. It's one huge office and it has some thin walls that make it look like four open offices. But it's nuts. I hate that my office is smaller than EVERYONE else's though. Everyone keeps asking "who's office is THAT???" and "Is this a closet??" My manager is evil.....

whitewave 08-21-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 955572)
Yeah I hope it'll be a good turn out and not HOT! *L*

So they are putting offices up for us since we're in like a bull pen....if anyone knows what that is. Okay so my office is flippen small as crap. I don't know if I should be mad or not! I guess it's good b/c I can at least SHUT THE DOOR.

Heck yea shuttin the door can be a GREAT blessing! Thas what I love most bout having my own office!

whitewave 08-21-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 955579)
sort of like a cubicle. It's one huge office and it has some thin walls that make it look like four open offices. But it's nuts. I hate that my office is smaller than EVERYONE else's though. Everyone keeps asking "who's office is THAT???" and "Is this a closet??" My manager is evil.....

I feel that, my manager is evil too. She doesnt like me cause I believe in humanity, equal rights, and I pick my men for personality above material gain. I swear she's satans spawn.

CandaePrincess 08-21-2007 03:45 PM

If she's the spawn of satan, my manager is her husband. *L*
Okay maybe not that bad. He's just moody. I don't know what I did to piss him off, but he's been acting somehow for about a month now. BLEH!

Eagle Plumes 08-21-2007 03:58 PM

Ok ladies I say we go Prairie on their azz's!

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 04:03 PM

Chit there goes my coughing fit EP were funny I say we have to go somting on there azzes lol

whitewave 08-21-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 955602)
Ok ladies I say we go Prairie on their azz's!

:lol:

CandaePrincess 08-21-2007 04:18 PM

Well I was going to go native on mine, as long as the Prairie isn't "Little House" *L*

k, bad joke.

only one more hour!!! It's good when you work through lunch! Get to leave early!

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 04:25 PM

My posts are diappearing rightbefore my eyes lol I posted EP made me laugh so hard had a coughing fit hopefully this 1 doesnt diappear also! Gotta go check on my other posts

whitewave 08-21-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxmoon (Post 955619)
My posts are diappearing rightbefore my eyes lol I posted EP made me laugh so hard had a coughing fit hopefully this 1 doesnt diappear also! Gotta go check on my other posts

I see it....:hypnotize

StandnWolf 08-21-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 955613)
Well I was going to go native on mine, as long as the Prairie isn't "Little House" *L*

k, bad joke.

only one more hour!!! It's good when you work through lunch! Get to leave early!

:regular_s
Hey ya'll! Been awhile since I been in here, glad to see everyone's still here!
Right now I can't do much but sit...busted up my foot pretty bad at work, went to the E.R. and no one would listen when I told them it WASN'T just a sprain, but then Doctor's think they know it all huh?
To make a long story short, they sent me out the door as quickly as possible with a wrap and told me to go home and give a couple of days to heal.. no crutches, no wheel chair to get back out front, just walked out past DOZENS of nurses doctors, aides and NO ONE even asked me if i needed help....amazin huh? it was all i could do to get to the front and then wait for someone from work to pick me up..YECH!
Turns out I was right, got torn ligment and torn tendons along with a broken -fractured bone in there , and the MRI they finally did shows that damage. Oh yeah, all that walking I did because they said "don't worry its just a sprain" may have caused it to be damaged worse. I want to thank all the so called doctors and their aides for doing their job so well...uh huh you know how I'd like to thank them......LOL!
Going to a surgeon tomorrow and see how bad it is, another MRI i think too while I'm there...cause he wants to see how bad it is now or if its healing and I won't need him to operate.
Praying for that, definetely! ok, I'm done Bi***g....
see ya'll laterzzzzzzzz:regular_s

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 08-21-2007 05:22 PM

Ima be an auntie...err again lol

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3.../travnstar.jpg

my lil bro and his g/f

anythiiing

Foxmoon 08-21-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 955648)
Ima be an auntie...err again lol

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3.../travnstar.jpg

my lil bro and his g/f

anythiiing

Congrats and their so cute!