PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   post anything (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/post-anything-28053/)

middle of the sky 02-24-2008 10:52 PM

end of the month...im goin...and ill meet begs...and since you know what my mom and kid looks like then you can sneak up on me...

Ndnsoldierboy 02-25-2008 11:42 AM

N E Thing... :hello:

CandaePrincess 02-25-2008 01:59 PM

I love that name. Chilliwack. I wish I lived in knick knack Chilliwack, give a dog a bone. We dont' have very cool names here. *L* We have "Okay", Oklahoma......

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 02-25-2008 02:10 PM

ya its a ndn word like all things ennit they just steal...i mean use our stuff and stuff :rolleyes: lol

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 02-25-2008 02:11 PM

kickn it ol skooool

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKKGYMg6ez0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKKGYMg6ez0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CandaePrincess 02-25-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 1025703)
ya its a ndn word like all things ennit they just steal...i mean use our stuff and stuff :rolleyes: lol

What's it mean?

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 02-25-2008 02:40 PM

means somthing like the place between the many rivers(i could be wrong ask my momma lol)....and was spelled like ts' elxweyeq

CandaePrincess 02-25-2008 03:23 PM

That's cool. Yeah most towns in Oklahoma that have indin names are chopped up to hell. They can't say em right if they were paid to.

Story time: My boss is always asking me about native chit and what not and I'm always referring to indins as "natives". Even when I'm at work, I'll say "the guy was native" yada yada. Well one day my boss had a blond moment b/c there was a young guy killed here in Ponca one night. My boss told my friend I work with that he was an Indian guy. She said "uh...no he wasn't he was a *whatever his nationality* guy." So she asked him, "why did you think he was Indian" and he says, "well it said he was a Ponca native".

My friend died laughing saying..."Um...that means he was a NATIVE of Ponca City. Not a native american!" :rolleyes: At least he was trying to relate. *L*

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 02-25-2008 03:50 PM

:rofl: dang thats funny

ac_miss 02-25-2008 06:04 PM

It's Monday, and I'm feeling the monday blahs right now. Waiting for 5:00 p.m. so I can go home.

Ndnsoldierboy 02-26-2008 02:24 PM

Anything...N E Thing :razz:

lilbigwoman 02-26-2008 03:10 PM

*Singing Lion King Tune*

"I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts,

Diddle Eee Dee

And There They Are A Standing In A Row,

Big Ones, Small Ones, Some As Big As Your Head..."

Sorry...songs been stuck in my head for a while... :hypocrite

CandaePrincess 02-26-2008 07:15 PM

American Gangster was a pretty good movie. Even though it was over 2 hours I wasn't totally tired of it. I was just ready for bed. :P

N E

THANG

APACHEFIRE 02-27-2008 12:00 AM

well, its finally snowing here. long and hard. im trying to keep the fire in the wood stove going to keep the chill at bay. you all keep warm as you can. winter has finally hit us here in tn. guess its time to change from flip flops to wool socks. shower time too, brrrr. nite everyone.

ac_miss 02-28-2008 11:47 AM

I'm bored! I wish I had brought my beadwork to work. It would make time go by more quickly.

ac_miss 02-28-2008 11:48 AM

It's cold, but it's supposed to get warmer. I don't like the cold weather. I must be getting old.

ac_miss 02-28-2008 11:49 AM

I watched Project Runway last night. Anyone else watch it? I was sorry to see Chris go. He was funny, and kept the whole group going. Oh well.... I gotta watch "Make Me a Supermodel" tonight.

CandaePrincess 02-28-2008 02:30 PM

Ruffles have Ridges

middle of the sky 02-28-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 1025765)
That's cool. Yeah most towns in Oklahoma that have indin names are chopped up to hell. They can't say em right if they were paid to.

Story time: My boss is always asking me about native chit and what not and I'm always referring to indins as "natives". Even when I'm at work, I'll say "the guy was native" yada yada. Well one day my boss had a blond moment b/c there was a young guy killed here in Ponca one night. My boss told my friend I work with that he was an Indian guy. She said "uh...no he wasn't he was a *whatever his nationality* guy." So she asked him, "why did you think he was Indian" and he says, "well it said he was a Ponca native".

My friend died laughing saying..."Um...that means he was a NATIVE of Ponca City. Not a native american!" :rolleyes: At least he was trying to relate. *L*

i dont understand why he is boss and you guys arent...jk...lol..thats funny..

CandaePrincess 02-28-2008 03:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing girl. *LOL*

Happy Thursday Mots! hope it's a good one!