PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   post anything (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/post-anything-28053/)

Joe's Dad 02-04-2006 12:45 AM

I think that some people are missing the point. What injunboy is saying is that in his traditional teachings, these are the thing he was taught. Has nothing to do with anybody's else's perception of dogs.

Let this subject go.

Desiree 02-04-2006 12:51 AM

damb your in a bad mood...

Joe's Dad 02-04-2006 12:52 AM

Naw Desiree...Actually I'm in a pretty good mood. Usually am!

Joe G 02-04-2006 01:03 AM

But the topic has gone to the dogs! :lol: who who who whooo let the dogs out :lol:

Desiree 02-04-2006 01:06 AM

no not really, no need to get heated. just seems like all native have to be uptight and on there toes. we have to watch everything we say and do. we have enough enemies we dont need to turn on each other too

Joe's Dad 02-04-2006 01:37 AM

Actuall, Desiree, my comments weren't directed at you. If you thought they were, then I aplogize. It was acually directed at the post before yours.

JD

BTW...hiya 'C'!

Yaquila 02-04-2006 09:15 AM

Hi Cetan Zi, My computor was down and now i'm back.Hi everyone.So whats going on these days that i was gone??????????

Ndnsoldierboy 02-04-2006 11:49 AM

Posting to add to my points total. 5 more points for me.

Desiree 02-04-2006 11:24 PM

how is everyone feeling today, good i hope

Mastraxx #7- 21 02-05-2006 12:47 AM

post anything?
k then.
pppooossstttiiinnnggg
peace out

Singing Otter 02-05-2006 07:37 PM

Is there anybody on the face of this planet that understands subnetting? :confused:

I swear if I read this chapter one more time my head will explode. This is so weird. I was sitting in class and the professor explained binary math. I understood it. I did it. And it was RIGHT! However, days later.... I forgot what I did and can't recall it for the life of me. This sucks. Not sure if it's because of the ear issues or not. I have so much pressure on my left ear. :sad_smile It hurts.

Ginger 02-05-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
I think that some people are missing the point. What injunboy is saying is that in his traditional teachings, these are the thing he was taught. Has nothing to do with anybody's else's perception of dogs.

Let this subject go.

JD is right this is the way injunboy was tought. when I was little we never had a dog in the house I always thought it was weird, but my mom said that's just the way it is.

Joe's Dad 02-06-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singing Otter
Is there anybody on the face of this planet that understands subnetting? :confused:

I swear if I read this chapter one more time my head will explode. This is so weird. I was sitting in class and the professor explained binary math. I understood it. I did it. And it was RIGHT! However, days later.... I forgot what I did and can't recall it for the life of me. This sucks. Not sure if it's because of the ear issues or not. I have so much pressure on my left ear. :sad_smile It hurts.

Binary math is 1 or 0. This is the basis for digital logic. Counting is from right to left. First column on right is the ones column (cuz if it was 2, it would be in the next column). Kinda like this:

(1x2^0)+(1x2^1)+(1x2^3)+(1x2^4)+(1x2^5)+...(1x2^n)

Example: 10110 = 22

From right to left... (^0 to ^n)

1 0 1 1 0

(1x2^4)+(0x2^3)+(1x2^2)+(1x2^1)+(0x2^0)

or

(1x2x2x2x2)+(0x2x2x2)+(1x2x2x)+(1x2)+(0)
or

16 + 0 + 4 + 2 + 0

or

16 + 4 + 2 =22

We'll do Boolean logic next week.

I gotta go to bed now, My head hurts:lol:

Singing Otter 02-06-2006 01:28 AM

:lol: thanks. Wanna do my subnetting homework? :tounge_sm hahahaha why do I need networking when it's not my field. :eyebrow2: It's like teaching a baseball player how to dribble.

Singing Otter 02-06-2006 02:41 PM

just anotha day in the neighborhood...
just anotha day around the way...
I'm feelin good todaaaaaaaaaaay...

lmao forgot the rest of Latifah's song. dang. But anyways It's been a good one. :thumbsup: Got my work done, getting some beading done, touchin base with my folks.... Today is a good day. How are you guys doin?

AngelFeather 02-09-2006 01:55 PM

You said to post anything... So... ANything!!!

Ndnsoldierboy 02-09-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelFeather
You said to post anything... So... ANything!!!

hello AF... :hello: long time, no see.

**jdazmum** 02-09-2006 11:03 PM

Post whatever, just post.

It's Thursday, got paid, chillin, drinking smoothies, waiting for another powwow, feeling content.

NSB-when you coming home for a vacation? you mention that one time.

Injunboy-I really enjoy your stories, I can relate to them. For some odd reason when you describe sitting in a hogan listening to a prayer, I can almost smell the tobacco rising up into the ceiling. THe smell of earth beneath your feet too, love that smell. I'm going to call home, see what everyone is up to now.

Desiree 02-10-2006 12:10 AM

i got the house to myself finally.. and now im bored

Ndnsoldierboy 02-10-2006 08:35 AM

echo4tango

Quote:

Originally Posted by **jdazmum**
Post whatever, just post.

It's Thursday, got paid, chillin, drinking smoothies, waiting for another powwow, feeling content.

NSB-when you coming home for a vacation? you mention that one time.

Injunboy-I really enjoy your stories, I can relate to them. For some odd reason when you describe sitting in a hogan listening to a prayer, I can almost smell the tobacco rising up into the ceiling. THe smell of earth beneath your feet too, love that smell. I'm going to call home, see what everyone is up to now.

I am going to be in Sin City in late Febuary. YES, this FEBUARY. I'll be there for 15 days. Oh, and I'm going to San Diego for a few days in there somewhere too. Then back to Iraq.

I will be making a trip to the SW area of the U. S. of A in the late summer. When I get back, I have been invited by some southern Ndns to come and visit, it seems I'm the person to meet for these folks down there, and looking forward to seeing them as well.

I'll let you know when I make it there, to your part of the world. Ndnsoldierboy is always on the move. Maybe go to a powwow in the SW. :indian_ch

Semper Fi, Carry on.