PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   Prayer Circle... (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/prayer-circle-18929/)

Mato Winyan 06-13-2003 04:25 PM

Prayer Circle...

To those of you that may be offended I apologize. To those that wish not to participate.. no hard feelings. But I have thought about this and feel that some may benefit from having a place to be able to ask for prayer. Others could benefit from knowing how to direct some of their prayers for others.

What my intention is here is to let people state their requests. Others that feel called to read them and to add them to their own private prayer time away from the computer. And not to feel the need to type prayers out but instead making a personal time to lift them and others up.

With that being said there are two people on here that have little ones that can use prayer right now. One is W30 and her daughter Sonnette. She had her surgery yesterday and had to have the whole kidney removed. She is now afraid of going to sleep, because she thinks she may have to have more surgery. They are not letting her have any food or drink right now and not even ice. It is hard on her and the whole family. I ask for them to be lifted up.

The second one is Prairie Storm 2000's middle daughter... She has been ill and the doctor's are not sure what the problem may be. She is in an awful lot of pain and does not want to eat. Please lift up this family and the doctors.

Thank you!

Singing Otter 06-13-2003 04:29 PM

Done. Everyone has different ways to pray..... different beliefs but one thing remains the same,,,,,,,, they are heard. I think it's a good idea.

spottedeagle 06-13-2003 04:34 PM

I think this is a great idea!!!!!

Wether you pray or just think good thoughts for the person/people I trully believe it does help.

Ntvmanness 06-13-2003 05:17 PM

Mato you cool.

traci_m 06-13-2003 06:42 PM

I think this is a good idea too, no matter what one may personally believe. :Thumbs

Mato Winyan 06-13-2003 07:11 PM

Glad you are hearing my heart and intentions here. While "I" know what "I" mean when I say prayer... (thoughts, meditations, songs, writings, encouragements) I didn't know how others would view it and might misundersand where I was coming from.

Thanks for the kind words. I really do appreciate it and know good things will happen.

moose man 06-13-2003 07:19 PM

good ones mato , you know that i got good words for all at that time of need ,

Carolann 06-13-2003 09:18 PM

GREAT IDEA ! And Please for EVERY ONE who posts on this keep us informed on how things are going . I know I will do my share in prayers and thoughts for every one .

LittleCricket 06-14-2003 01:48 AM

thanks for starting this thread , mato :) :Thumbs

Wakalapi 06-14-2003 11:21 PM

I think it's a grand idea. Whatya think about having it in its own category? Like we have the games, war discussion and introductions? That way it might not get "buried" under piles of other new threads whenever the usual surge of posting happens.

White Powwow Dancer 06-15-2003 12:15 AM

Hi Mato
Chi Migwetch for prayer

sonny453 06-15-2003 01:04 AM

Re: Prayer Circle...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mato Winyan

One is W30 and her daughter Sonnette. She had her surgery yesterday and had to have the whole kidney removed. She is now afraid of going to sleep, because she thinks she may have to have more surgery. They are not letting her have any food or drink right now and not even ice. It is hard on her and the whole family. I ask for them to be lifted up.

The second one is Prairie Storm 2000's middle daughter... She has been ill and the doctor's are not sure what the problem may be. She is in an awful lot of pain and does not want to eat. Please lift up this family and the doctors.

Thank you!

CREATOR:

in your son's name Jesus Christ i ask you to have pity on these young people and give them a cure....i will pray for them in my sundance that starts this tue. the 17th at Morley Alberta, Canada..

Nooksak 06-15-2003 03:45 AM

a friend of myfamily was stabbed a few days ago during a peaceful protest in SD over tribasl buril grounds, she is in critical condinton she jus tunderwent surgery and the docoter messed up, and so she is going under again at 9:00 am so please pray for her(in waht ever way you do) for her health and welbeing.

miigwich

Nook:Cry :Cry

David Schneider 06-15-2003 11:36 PM

For these who have asked for prayer and for those in need of prayer, I join my thoughts and intentions. Lord, have mercy.

To the one beyond definition or name, whom many call "Lord" I give thanks for the gift of effectual prayer where two or more gather, even on line.

Tsiniti 06-15-2003 11:47 PM

I add my prayers and thoughts to the ones of the others! Many prayers, many smiles, many gentle hugs.

homalosa 06-16-2003 12:32 AM

I think this is a beautiful idea. It should have it's own category too. I follow the Jesus Way but believe He hears all earnest prayers. Many will be blessed by this.

HolyElk 06-16-2003 09:22 AM

A Morning Prayer for All

Thank you Great Spirit for giving us another day of life......

Thank you Great Spirit for hearing our prayers each day.........

Great Spirit look down upon all races, religions - give each and everyone of us the strength to carry on new duties of the day....
Give us the courage to help out those who need it most.....

Great Spirit grant the powwows.com family love, respect, loyalty, courage, and strength that they need.............

Mitakuye Owasin..............

azurebreeze 06-16-2003 11:18 PM

Prayer Request

Greetings,

I am asking for a prayer request. My boyfriend Richie was sent to the Iraq war in January and still isn't home yet. During his deployment, he has suffered a mental breakdown, and the docters diagnosed him with a mental illness and he has to take medication.

Even though he is on medication he is still suffering terribly. His emails are so hearbreaking to read, as he sounds so lost and confused.

I am asking for prayers to help heal his mind, but also his spirit. So that he can find his way home again.

Thanks in advance,
Wenona

:Angel2

wyo_rose 06-17-2003 12:04 AM

Mato, you have a very good heart.

I'm adding all these requests for healing to my prayers.

HolyElk 06-18-2003 10:29 AM

Pray for Miles.............

I asked that everyone here on powwow.com and everywhere else prayer for a relative of mine.

His name is Miles Dauphinais of the Spirit Lake Reservation in North Dakota. He is the son of Dean and Suco Dauphinais. Miles is 17 months old and has Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and may need a bone marrow transplant. For the past month, they've spent their days at the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, ND, caring for Miles and praying for his recovery.

For more information on Miles you can go to www.caringbridge.org/nd/miles

Please Pray for Miles!