Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat AT RAINBOW BRIDGE (For those who lost a pet) AT RAINBOW BRIDGE (For those who lost a pet)

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
little bird

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
AT RAINBOW BRIDGE (For those who lost a pet)

A Rainbow Bridge

By The Edge Of A Wood, At The Foot Of A Hill
Is A Lush Green Meadow Where Time Stands Still
Where The Friends Of Man And Woman Do Run
When Their Time On Earth Is Over And Done

For Here Between This World And The Next
Is A Place Where Each Beloved Creature Finds Rest
On This Golden Land They Wait And They Play
Till The Rainbow Bridge They Cross Over Some Day

No More Will They Suffer In Pain Or In Sadness
For There They Are Whole, Their Lives Filled With Gladness
Their Limbs Are Restored, Their Health Renewed
Their Bodies Have Healed, With Strenghth Indued

They Romp Through The Grass Without Even A Care
Until One Day They Start, And Sniff At The Air
All Ears Prick Forward, Eyes Dart Front And Back
Then All Of A Sudden, One Breaks From The Pack

For Just At This Instant, Their Eyes Have Met
Together Again, Both Person And Pet
So They Run To Eachother, These Friends From Long Past
The Time Of Their Parting Is Over At Last

The Sadness They Felt While They Were Apart
Has Turned Into Joy Once More In Each Heart
They Embrrace With A Love That Will Last Forever
And Then, Side By Side,
They Cross Over.....together
Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
PowWows.com Addicts

Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,042.85
Savings: 0.00
I first read this at my vet's office. She had it framed on the wall in one of her exam rooms. She made a copy of it for me and there is also a response to it. I'd have to find it. I just cried when I first read it. It sure came in handy after I had to put 2 of my pets down within a year of each other. I love that poem
Old 08-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
little bird

little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
I thought perhaps some of you have seen and read it. I just wanted to post it for those who hadn't. I have another poem:
Will My Pet Go To Heaven?
I never meant you to be
Dog of My Heart,
But without speech you spoke to me,
Without reproach you humbled me.
And while I know there would have never been
A long enough life, or the right time to say good-bye,
I will wait, however long it takes,
To get beyond my miserable state of grief and pain,
Towards warm and comforting
Remebrance, and gratitude,
For the joy you brought me,
For the truths you taught me.
I never meant you to be
Dog of My Heart,
I only meant for you to mean as much.
But you meant
So much more.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:29 AM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

ChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond repute
WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

By Alexander Theodore Bouvier

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount of activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to be made quickly. And, they were.

At issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents really have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived and died in hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected them.

What about the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards? And, the ones who were abused. Who are they to wait for?

We don't talk about that much up here. We share out loved ones as they arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the Heavens.

Last Tuesday morning, a request rang out for pups not waiting for specific persons to volunteer for special assignment. An eager, curious crowd surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.

They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over 4,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready.

All the pups, as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts. Without hearing more, there was a clamoring amount them - "May I have one to comfort?" - "I'll take two, I have a big heart." - "I have been saving kisses forever."

One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming? I would be very comforting for a child, 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I always wanted to be hugged."

A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to meet the Firemen and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered to greet the Police Officers and make them feel at home.

Little dogs volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and kiss.

Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love."

Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share - each tail wagging an American Flag.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:46 AM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
I miss my iguanna and RASCAL!

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
little bird

That was really nice Chrissy! Made me miss Sandy again