Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Recipes... Recipes...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
hidatsawmn26

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Recipes...

okay im starting a new thread here...it's for everyone to submit recipes...easiest recipe i can think of right now is a vegertarian version of ndn tacos it's healthy and pretty dayum good:
1 frybread recipe
1 large can of hominy
1 stalk of cauliflower
2 red bell pepper
2 green bell pepper
2 yellow bell pepper
1 block of mozzarella cheese
Pre-make frybread dough, and after shapeing into balls leave it sit for one hour. Meanwhile,Chopp up peppers ; discard all membranes&seeds and with the caulifower remove the flowerettes and chopp up part of the stem. Mix all veggies in a large pan and cover with water. Let it cook on medium-high. In another pan drain hominy from can and add to pan. Cube the mozzarella cheese and add that to the hominy. Cook and stir until all cheese is melted and hominy is warmed up. When veggies are done, drain well. Add hominy mix to the pan with all the veggies and blend well. Cover to keep warm. In a large skillet fill up with oil half way on high and to check to make sure it's ready by taking a small bread cube and see if it darkens. Discard cube and flatten frybread as directed. Now fry each dough until golden and lay on paper towel to drain. Keep warm by placing a kitch towel over it. When all dough is fry'd...Spread on hominy/veggie combo mix and top with salsa. It's pretty good. some of my friends like it...Tip: to keep hominy mix and frybread warm also placing it in the oven on lowest temp will help a little. It serve about 8 people.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
hidatsawmn26

Another recipe here for :
GooLash:

1Lb. Ground Round (It has less fat)
5 cans of tomatoes (whole not chopped)
1 sm. can tomato paste
Sugar
Pinch of salt
2-4 Lbs. of Elbow (Large) macaroni noodles
1 Large yellow onion-chopped
In a large stock pot; add all cans of tomatos with the liquid too. Add 1 can of water. Squish all tomatoes. (it's great to have kids do this but cleaning them up is a drag)
Cook on high until boils, turn down heat and add tomato paste. Stir. Add in a pinch of salt and then add sugar to taste. The sauce shouldn't be bitter usually 1 cup plus add to taste works.
Stir well. and let it simmer on low... Meanwhile add macaroni and cover with water... Add a pinch of salt helps a little there... Stir occasionally on medium high. Meanwhile, In a large skillet brown all meat and add onions until onion are soft and meat is browned. Drain into a an empty tomato can that has been washed out. You can use the grease for later purpose. Add meat/onion mix to the stock pot of the sauce and stir well. When noodles are al dente, drain with cold water and add to sauce mix. Serve ladled into bowls with garlic toast. Serve 8 people plus more left over.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
Best Rez Chili Ever (with beans)

Soak a pound of dried pinto beans overnight, changing the water if you want to.

Brown a pound of hamburger and add a chopped onion and cook until transparent. ( The onion, not the meat :p)

In a large pot, mix the beans, hamburger and onion, 1 large can of tomatoes, 3 Tablespoons chili powder and 1 Tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 hours, or longer if the beans are not done.

Serving suggestions: Over rice for your Beans and Rice.
Spinkled with cheese and serve it with a piece of frybread.

Leftovers are good the next day over a hot dog,
or on an Indian Taco.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
hidatsawmn26

Macaroni and cheese (mom's recipe)
2-4 Lbs. Large Elbow noodles (cooked at al dente)
1 large block of either monterey jack cheese
Butter

Cook noodles to al dente. Grease lightly with panee a large large baking dish. add one layer of cooked noodles half way from pan and slice up block cheese...add the last layer of noodles and add lots of sliced thinly cheese. Add a slice of butter(margarine preferably) in center and one on eash corner...Just slices not too thick. Heat oven to 350 and let cheese melt. Serves 8 plus more left over..
Old 02-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

luvlumbee is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 160.00
Quote:

LOL! We eat that every week. Cant eat enough of it! I always top it with fresh jalapenos and onions. I learned that recipe from my Dine' peoples. We eat it so much that I have adapted the recipe. Even though its more expensive to used canned beans--they taste just as good if not better then the dried ones. Plus, you dont have to worry about soaking them overnight. You also dont have to worry about the gas from the beans. Because I was brought up with country folks I always at ham and ground beef to mine. I add a can of corn too. I usually make homemade tortillas instead of frybread (as much as I love it)
Hey here is a tip:
If you forget to soak your beans overnight dont worry about it. If you have a cast iron dutch pot your beans will cook to perfection in about 4 hrs. Ive done it many times.;)[

Last edited by luvlumbee; 02-03-2004 at 03:38 PM..
luvlumbee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #6
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
or jus boil the water ur beanz are in...put to the side til whenever ur ready to start cookin em...this beats makin em soak...specially if u forget...it works for me...

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

luvlumbee is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 160.00
Quote:
or jus boil the water ur beanz are in...put to the side til whenever ur ready to start cookin em...this beats makin em soak...specially if u forget...it works for me..
That works too. ;)
Old 02-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #8
Pork chopsh n appleshaush

Dezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by wyo_rose

Soak a pound of dried pinto beans overnight, changing the water if you want to.

Brown a pound of hamburger and add a chopped onion and cook until transparent. ( The onion, not the meat :p)

In a large pot, mix the beans, hamburger and onion, 1 large can of tomatoes, 3 Tablespoons chili powder and 1 Tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 hours, or longer if the beans are not done.

Serving suggestions: Over rice for your Beans and Rice.
Spinkled with cheese and serve it with a piece of frybread.

Leftovers are good the next day over a hot dog,
or on an Indian Taco.
*****~******~********~******~

This one sounds sooooo scrumptious!!! Printed and will try it out.....;)....Chili this Saturday....Poom-poom....:ready2eat .

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:
Dezgn8veDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links