Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10335Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #35521
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,512.31
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble View Post
•Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No

•Registration of rifles and shotguns? No

•Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No

•Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No

•Permit to purchase handgun? No

•Registration of handguns? No

•Licensing of owners of handguns? No

•Permit to carry handguns? Yes

•It is unlawful to sell or give to a minor, without written consent of the minor's parent or legal guardian, a firearm or ammunition.

•No state permit is required to purchase a shotgun, rifle, or handgun.

•It is unlawful to sell or transfer a firearm to a "prohibited possessor."

No state permit is required to possess a shotgun, rifle or handgun. It is unlawful for a "prohibited possessor" to possess a firearm.

•A prohibited possessor includes a person found to constitute a danger to himself or others pursuant to a court order and whose court ordered treatment has not been terminated.
•Who has been convicted of a felony involving violence or possession and use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument and whose civil rights have not been restored.

•Who is at the time of possession serving a term of imprisonment in any correctional or detention facility.

•Who at the time of possession is serving a term of probation pursuant to a conviction for a domestic violence offense or a felony offense, parole, community supervision, work furlough, home arrest or release on any other basis or who is serving a term of probation or parole.
•Who was previously adjudicated delinquent and who possesses, uses or carries a firearm within ten years from the date of adjudication or release for an offense that if committed as an adult would constitute first or second degree burglary, arson, murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, robbery, aggravated assault, sexual assault or any felony offense involving the use or threatening exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

•An unemancipated person under 18 not accompanied by a parent, grandparent, guardian, or a certified hunter safety instructor or certified firearms safety instructor acting with consent of the minor's parent, grandparent or guardian shall not carry or possess on his person, within his immediate control, or in or on a means of transportation a firearm in any place open to the public or on any street, highway, or on private property, except private property owned or leased by the minor or the minor's parent, grandparent, or guardian.
•This prohibition does not apply to a person between 14 and 17 engaged in lawful hunting, marksmanship practice, transportation of an unloaded firearm for the purpose of hunting or, between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., transportation of an unloaded firearm for the purpose of marksmanship at a range or other area where the discharge of firearms is not prohibited.

•No person shall carry a firearm "concealed on his person." This does not apply to a person in his dwelling, business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person. A handgun carried in a belt holster which is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage is not considered carrying concealed.

•It is unlawful to carry a firearm concealed within the immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation. This does not apply to firearms carried in a case, holster or in a means of transportation or a storage compartment, trunk, pack, luggage, or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

•No person shall, unless specifically authorized by law, enter a public establishment or attend a public event carrying a firearm after a reasonable request by the operator of the establishment or the sponsor of the event to remove his firearm and place it in the custody of the operator or sponsor. This does not apply to shooting ranges or shooting events, hunting areas or similar locations or activities.

•It is unlawful, unless specifically authorized by law, to enter an election polling place on the day of any election carrying a firearm.
•It is unlawful to possess a deadly weapon on grade or high school grounds. This shall not apply to an unloaded firearm within a means of transportation under the control of an adult, provided, if the adult leaves the vehicle, it shall be locked and the unloaded firearm shall not be visible, or for a program approved by the school.

The Department of Public Safety shall issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon to a resident of the state at least 21 years old, a U.S. citizen, who satisfactorily completes an approved firearms safety program, submits fingerprints and a fee determined by the Department of Public Safety, and who does not fall into a class of person prohibited to possess a firearm, such as a convicted felon, adjudicated mental incompetent, or illegal alien.
The qualification checks shall be completed within 60 days of receipt of the application and the permit will be issued within 15 working days after completing the checks.

The permit is valid for not more than four years and is renewable every four years.

•It is unlawful to recklessly handle, display, or discharge a firearm with the intent to disturb the peace and quiet of a neighborhood, family or person.

•No person shall discharge a firearm from a motor vehicle, including an automobile, aircraft, train, boat or floating object towed by powerboat or sailboat.

•Wildlife may be taken in defense of self or another.

•No person shall knowingly discharge a firearm into a road or railway.

•It is unlawful to discharge a firearm while taking wildlife within a quarter mile of an occupied farm house or other residence, cabin, lodge or building without the permission of the owner or resident.

•It is unlawful to possess while hunting any contrivance designed to silence, muffle or minimize the report of a firearm.

•It is unlawful for any person while taking wildlife or while in any hunting area to handle or discharge any firearm while intoxicated or in a careless or reckless manner or with wanton disregard for the safety of human life or property.

Hope that helps...

Ice cream sounds good...
How do you know so much about Arizona law? LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #35522
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,512.31
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
TCBY coming right up for TB, or another frozen yogurt. Maverik stores have the bestest fastest frozen yogurt and I'm sure they have plenty around AZ. My fav is the root beer flavor, just like a float in a cone.

Breakfast sandwiches for everyone...my all time fav - fried baloney, Kraft single, and an over medium egg....on whole wheat bread.
Fried baloney rocks!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #35523
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
One double decker fried baloney sangwhich coming up for you!!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #35524
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 87,421.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Don't tell me your gonna register your sex shooter LMAO!! from wut I hurd u already unloaded on G & B

If I had to register that it would have to be with the ATF!

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #35525
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
@trouble Thanks for the info! Basically AZ is a do whatever the heck you want to do state when it comes to firearms.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #35526
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
@trouble Thanks for the info! Basically AZ is a do whatever the heck you want to do state when it comes to firearms.
Whoa, Nelly. Not so. Arizona is a right to carry state. In Fact all states in the USofA are right to carry states, a state law that says otherwise is an infringement on your Constitutional Rights. there are rules when it comes to carrying a firearm, unfortunately there is not a common sense level tester to go with said rules. lol. Gun laws are tough here, but they allow Arizonans to exercise their right to own and carry firearms. That being said, depending on where you live in AZ, it can also be a necessity and a mean of life. If you live 40 miles from civilization, you need then for snakes, cougars and poachers. Wild dogs, coyotes, and poachers who try to steal your cattle, chickens and ducks.

I see these kids after they have been with the company for a few months and they get a couple paychecks, hanging out at their cars playin with their guns, talking about how much they spent and what they want next, and think, do you even know how to clean that thing? I mean can you even strip that thing down and know where it all goes? then there are the ones who want to play Wild Bill Hiccup and try to spin em on their fingers. Of course the first thing I do is hit the dirt, then laugh when I hear them yell, Ow!, Then I rip into em about their stupidity and how morons like them are the reasons gun laws get tougher and stupider on responsible gun owners.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #35527
I pull your leg out!

@pigheaded

You are darn right about morons and guns. For me it's rifles and shotguns, thought about a pistol but not now. I think it should be a requirement to pass a basic firearm safety course before one can own a gun of any kind. Most people don't even check the chamber or verify that the magazine is removed or empty before they show it off or demonstrate the non-firing parts. The worst is when people mishandle very powerful weapons at shooting ranges as their immaturity puts anyone at the range in danger. Last time I was the range my friend pointed out all the damage from bad behavior around the counters and on the wall behind where you stand.

Snakes, I wouldn't be a fan of shooting them since a good pair of snake sticks, hooks, trashcan and a careful hand should be enough... LOL. Plus snakes control the rodent population which if left unchecked can spread disease like the hantavirus. I'll be living in or around Scottsdale so I don't believe reptiles would be too much of an issue.

Random ToolBox fact: Before I got into TV and Film production I was going to be a herpetologist.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #35528
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
... then there are the ones who want to play Wild Bill Hiccup and try to spin em on their fingers. Of course the first thing I do is hit the dirt, then laugh when I hear them yell, Ow!,
My Dad would've beaten us (literally) if we were so reckless with our guns!!! Dad's a [email protected]$$ about gun safety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
Then I rip into em about their stupidity and how morons like them are the reasons gun laws get tougher and stupider on responsible gun owners.
Damn straight! Good for you!!!
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #35529
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Random ToolBox fact: Before I got into TV and Film production I was going to be a herpetologist.
That's quite the switch! What caused the change in focus, if I may ask?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #35530
Lion of Judah

Jeez, I'm full! Had a wonderful delmonico steak I saw at the butcher's. Beautiful marbling, 2 inches thick. I rubbed it with a coffee rub before I cooked it. It was good! Nice and tender w/great flavor. Also had broccoli w/cheese sauce and french bread.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #35531
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70

Last edited by comadre; 09-14-2012 at 11:55 PM..
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #35532
outnumbered

comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by comadre; 09-14-2012 at 11:55 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #35533
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,406.65
If you are going to shoot snakes, I highly recommend snake shot. It's like buckshot, only smaller. We've got a .22 that will hold 16 rounds. I emptied one into a diamondback one day, hitting it 11 times, and the thing still wouldn't die. My neighbor came over with her pistol (.22) and I hit it 5 more times. The school bus ran over it and it didn't die. I ended up beating it to death with a shovel. My husband got home from work and asked me why I had to massacre the snake when I simply could have shot it in the head. It's hard to hit a moving snake in the head. Only reason I wanted it dead was because it was on the "people" side of the yard and the school bus was due in with my son. The sucker was close to 6ft. long and looked like a speed bump in the driveway when I saw it.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #35534
outnumbered

Last edited by comadre; 09-14-2012 at 11:57 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #35535
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
We had a people side of the yard too. The people knew they were fair game if outside the people zone when the sun went down.The mountain lions were mostly interested in garbage and bar b Q grills as long as they were kept out of bounds and the dogs were out.The pigs are easy. They smell rotten! LOL. The ducks knew where to hide from predators and the horses would tell you when the desert was coming too close for comfort. But those snakes seem to not care much about where they go! The worst is when they are out at night. you can't see them! And lately- they seem to rattle only when you are on top of them.
The best protection from rattlesnakes out here is a good sized bull snake.We would drag those big black snakes home whenever we found them and show them the water storage to entice them to stay for lunch.LOL!
We have indigo snakes instead of bull snakes. LOL! Our driveway is 1/4 mile long. Halfway down there is a cedar tree on one side and an oak on the other. If they are on the house side of the trees and are poisonous, they die. On the road side they can go their merry way.
I recently saw a show on NatGeo about how they aren't rattling anymore to warn people. Seems like some sort of evolutionary thing is kicking in and they "know" that if they rattle, they will be seen and probably killed. Just what I want-a smarter rattler living in the umpteen gopher tortise holes we have.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #35536
outnumbered

Last edited by comadre; 09-15-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #35537
small bead addict

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like something I would do.
I kind of did the same thing one night-only I was dressed. :) When I pulled into the yard, I glanced at the back porch door and noticed what I thought was a vine on it. It had been windy, so it was possible. As I was walking up the back walk, the vine moved. The porch light was on, but I still couldn't tell what kind of snake it was, so I shined my keychain flashlight on it. It was a ground rattler. Our back porch screen has some scrollwork on it and this sucker was nicely laid out on the scroll work-except for his head. I took a couple of steps closer, thinking that if his head wasn't by the doorknob, I would just zip in. No such luck. His head was about 2 inches from the knob. The house door was open, so I stood there yelling for my husband. He's like "wth is wrong?" "There's a ground rattler on the back door." He wanted to know what if I wanted him to shoot towards me, through the back door. Uh, no. Just flip the back door open so I can get by. I had visions of just easing into the open door, then kicking that sucker open and Mr. Snake going flying. My husband tells me to walk around to the front door. I ended up doing that, even though I was petrified that every rattler within a 10 mile radius was lurking in the yard. I got in the house and what does he do-goes and flips the porch door open and Mr.Snake went flying way off in the distance.

Edited to add: There are 2 things you can do to keep snakes away. Put a line of powdered sulfur around where ever you want them not to be. They won't crawl over it because it burns their bellies. Make the line an inch or so wide-kind of like the lines on a ball field. We get our sulfur from the local feed store. If you don't want to do that, try mothballs if you can handle the smell. Just scatter a few around. The snakes don't like the smell, either. We toss a few under the house about the time it starts to get cool because we would prefer them not to spend the winter under there. They also don't like Right Guard. I chased one (a diamondback) out of a garage once with my husbands' Right Guard. LOL!

Last edited by subeeds; 12-09-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #35538
pigheaded

Quote:
@pigheaded
Snakes, I wouldn't be a fan of shooting them since a good pair of snake sticks, hooks, trashcan and a careful hand should be enough... LOL. Plus snakes control the rodent population which if left unchecked can spread disease like the hantavirus. I'll be living in or around Scottsdale so I don't believe reptiles would be too much of an issue..
that all depends on where in Snobsdale you are talking aboutNorth Scottsdale is still VERY un and/or under developed, with plenty of wildlife, Central and eastern Scottsdale are developed but surrounded by wilderness, plus with all the amenities, city planners created to keep wildlife around for residents in the Shea area and neighboring Fountain hills people to see, there are still cougars, snakes, coyotes, porcupines and skunks. South Scottsdale, well, that's just city and poor side of town, but then you got, crack heads, theives, gangbangers, and punks. I highly doubt you will eradicate the rattler population but when you are talking about being in the desert and having nothing around you but dirt and sand and a rattler, a stick aint gonna do ya much, besides, are you aware Rattlers are known to strike within a 6' span, so you better have a long stick. I remember being a kid and grabbing them suckers with our hands and throwing em in a gunny sack, boy were we stupid. In the desert rabies runs rampant about every 6 or 7 years and the first places they come is the homes that are scattered around their premises and neighbor against. A coyote comes to close to a dog and well then their is a fight, now the dog is running around town with rabies. Only cure for that when animal control wont come out is a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post

Here's my funny snake story.I'll let ya have a laugh on me.
When I first moved 45 miles south of the Px area I heard all this talk about needing to "carry" in order to "fend" for oneself. I thought it was tough talk and I vowed never to carry a fire arm much less use one outside a firing range.My in-laws were taking bets how long it would take for me to quit the rez life and high tail it to the city.Well, it was a really warm night(that's a great opening line hugh?)and hubby went to bed. I on the other hand decided to wash a load of laundry and hang it out to dry on my fence.Because we lived in the middle of no where and it was rather pitch black outside anyway I figured it didn't matter that I was in my (eck-hem;underwear).Concerned about any snakes out there, I did pull on my boots!I got the clothes hung out and suddenly, someone sneezed.Looking directly in front of me on the other side of my fence in the wash was about 30 black heads of hair.This was the first time I realized that out there in the middle of no where, you're not alone! Well, I took my underwear clad butt straight toward my front door.When I hit the first step I heard a very distinct rattling from what sounded like several snakes under my front porch steps.Now I knew that this was a really bad predicament for me to be in! So I did what every caucasion city girl would do-I ran to our bedroom window screaming for my husband to jump out of bed and help me!As soon as I got snakes out of my mouth the window flew open and he did what every [email protected] ndn man would do.He threw the pistol on the window sill and closed the window. Ya- no save the damsel in distress here.After I shot at those stupid snakes and ripped up my porch steps with my bad shots, I realized we have a back door.I dragged my underwear clad boot wearing butt around the other side of my place and went inside to bed. I could hear the chuckling out in the desert.In the morning my hubby tells me about my new home on the rez....oh ya sweetheart, this is a busy place out here.
I said ........Friggin Dah!
lol, and that proves my second point, protection from crazy people. just funnin ya Cmom, don't worry my wife had a similar experience with a rattler under both porches, fully clothed though. lol
Old 12-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #35539
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
My Dad would've beaten us (literally) if we were so reckless with our guns!!! Dad's a [email protected]$$ about gun safety!

Damn straight! Good for you!!!
Damn straight! I would have gotten my @$$ kicked if I was to try something stupid like that, I think the majority of the problem is is that the anti gun folks spend more time complaining about guns and gun owners and never take the time to learn the safety aspect of owning a gun, neither do they teach their kids about gun safety. Then there are just those losers who would rather be their kids' buddy and not their parent, so when they screw they learn dad will be kind and gentle, even if the crime is deserving of capital punishment
Old 12-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #35540
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Morning folks: Men's Dinner went well, the troops all had a great time. Got another xmas party to attend tonight (they don't call this the silly season for nothing!) There is however, some left over ham, turkey and goose as well as all the fixings... maybe for lunch? ...as its still 07darkandscary30 outside right now.

Since I'm one of the range safety officers, safe handling of weapons is a very big deal with me. My mantra is "fingers off the trigger". I can't recount all the people I've yanked off the range for behaving like an idiot around the weapons. I had one guy actually point his weapon at me and pretend to pull the trigger... needless to say he is now enjoying his new vocation dishing out fries at Mickey D.

Up in the Yukon, if one is traveling off the highway, then it's advisable to carry a rifle with you. I've had one too many episodes of diving into the truck with a bear or rutting moose chasing me. (up north you learn quickly never to lock your vehicle if you are off the highway - bears don't wait until you dig out your key fob to unlock your car...lol) You also learn that leaving the rifle in said locked car isn't such a good idea either...lol better to have it with you...lol

There are no snakes in the Yukon (well except a few around the bars) - we don't have fleas or ticks or much mold either.... but man, those mosquitoes and black flies are huge!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links