Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9760Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #35541
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post

If I had to register that it would have to be with the ATF!
Ah...never mind...

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #35542

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
How do you know so much about Arizona law? LOL
I like to know what the gun laws are all over, just in case I have to travel ...that's all..

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #35543

Items GuitarPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Fried baloney rocks!!!
eww....no....just...no...

Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #35544

Items GuitarPanda
Quote:
@trouble Thanks for the info!
No prob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
Whoa, Nelly. Not so. Arizona is a right to carry state. In Fact all states in the USofA are right to carry states, a state law that says otherwise is an infringement on your Constitutional Rights. there are rules when it comes to carrying a firearm, unfortunately there is not a common sense level tester to go with said rules. lol. Gun laws are tough here, but they allow Arizonans to exercise their right to own and carry firearms. That being said, depending on where you live in AZ, it can also be a necessity and a mean of life. If you live 40 miles from civilization, you need then for snakes, cougars and poachers. Wild dogs, coyotes, and poachers who try to steal your cattle, chickens and ducks.

I see these kids after they have been with the company for a few months and they get a couple paychecks, hanging out at their cars playin with their guns, talking about how much they spent and what they want next, and think, do you even know how to clean that thing? I mean can you even strip that thing down and know where it all goes? then there are the ones who want to play Wild Bill Hiccup and try to spin em on their fingers. Of course the first thing I do is hit the dirt, then laugh when I hear them yell, Ow!, Then I rip into em about their stupidity and how morons like them are the reasons gun laws get tougher and stupider on responsible gun owners.
Quote:
@pigheaded

You are darn right about morons and guns. For me it's rifles and shotguns, thought about a pistol but not now. I think it should be a requirement to pass a basic firearm safety course before one can own a gun of any kind. Most people don't even check the chamber or verify that the magazine is removed or empty before they show it off or demonstrate the non-firing parts. The worst is when people mishandle very powerful weapons at shooting ranges as their immaturity puts anyone at the range in danger. Last time I was the range my friend pointed out all the damage from bad behavior around the counters and on the wall behind where you stand.

Snakes, I wouldn't be a fan of shooting them since a good pair of snake sticks, hooks, trashcan and a careful hand should be enough... LOL. Plus snakes control the rodent population which if left unchecked can spread disease like the hantavirus. I'll be living in or around Scottsdale so I don't believe reptiles would be too much of an issue.

Random ToolBox fact: Before I got into TV and Film production I was going to be a herpetologist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
My Dad would've beaten us (literally) if we were so reckless with our guns!!! Dad's a [email protected]$$ about gun safety!

Damn straight! Good for you!!!
Quote:
That's quite the switch! What caused the change in focus, if I may ask?
Quote:
Jeez, I'm full! Had a wonderful delmonico steak I saw at the butcher's. Beautiful marbling, 2 inches thick. I rubbed it with a coffee rub before I cooked it. It was good! Nice and tender w/great flavor. Also had broccoli w/cheese sauce and french bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
I would never want to get between a scared dog and an angry rattlesnake with a stick or trash can!
Maybe in the city those tactics will definitely work, but I have to agree with the pig on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
If you are going to shoot snakes, I highly recommend snake shot. It's like buckshot, only smaller. We've got a .22 that will hold 16 rounds. I emptied one into a diamondback one day, hitting it 11 times, and the thing still wouldn't die. My neighbor came over with her pistol (.22) and I hit it 5 more times. The school bus ran over it and it didn't die. I ended up beating it to death with a shovel. My husband got home from work and asked me why I had to massacre the snake when I simply could have shot it in the head. It's hard to hit a moving snake in the head. Only reason I wanted it dead was because it was on the "people" side of the yard and the school bus was due in with my son. The sucker was close to 6ft. long and looked like a speed bump in the driveway when I saw it.

Have I told ya'll lately how much I love ya'll??????

Old 12-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #35545
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 81,220.91
A snake stick is actually a tool, basically its an aluminum stick with a wide grabbey jaw on one end and a trigger to close the jaw on the other. Grab it a third the way down the body from the neck and use the hook to support the rest of it's body and then it's done. When I first move out there I'll be in Fountain Hills with a friend till I sign a lease elsewhere, most likely in Scottsdale. I chose Scottsdale because I've lived in crappy neighborhoods in the inner cities my whole life and now that I'm moving to go and get a fresh new start elsewhere I want to live somewhere "nice".

On the note of protection from animals... I would not be above shooting one to defend myself especially if I'm hanging out in the desert but within city limits it's illegal to discharge a weapon.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Last edited by Toolbox; 12-10-2011 at 12:20 AM..
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #35546
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's quite the switch! What caused the change in focus, if I may ask?
Well when I was younger I loved watching Animal Planet and any shows that dealt with reptiles, mainly the Crocodile Hunter. In school when they would send us to the library to pick out a books to read during class I always chose reptile books. The switch happened during high school because I got involved in the TV production program they had there, we actually had broadcast grade equipment - rare for a high school... anyways it was something that I was a natural at so it just went from there. When I'm out west I'll be doing lots of filming in the desert.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 12-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #35547
I pull your leg out!

As for Snake sticks (tongs), and hooks this is what I mean: http://www.snakecatcherstick.com/

Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #35548
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
Hugh?
Is it still cowboy style if an ndn makes it?
I guess you could say that it's ndn style.. although anyone from any race can be a cowboy, in fact a lot of cowboys were freedmen.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #35549
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,102.77
Be careful in the desert, TB. Don't forget about the Gila Monsters, either.
OLChemist, next time you have to go to mosquito central, citronella oil is a good repellant. Also, try about half a capful of cider vinegar in tea or water a couple of times a day. I add it to my iced tea, twice a day and by the time mosquito season rolls around, I don't get bothered. Gives the tea a cider taste. It's an old remedy but it works.

Today was spider day at my house. After I got home from work, my feet were chilly, so I grabbed my mocs to put on. One of the gel pads I have in them was sticking out, so I went to straighten it and out crawled a Brown Recluse spider. Moc hit the floor-spider bounced out-spider got smacked with work shoe and died. One of those suckers bit me once. I didn't get sick from it, but the bite went from being about the size of a pencil point to the size of a quarter in 3 days. Not fun and the docs said that since the venom didn't make me sick, if I ever got bitten again, I could be sick times 10. After my heartbeat stabilized, I decided to crash for a few hours. Walked in the bedroom and there's a huge Wolf Spider on my pillow. Flung the spider into the wall, then scooped him up in a cup and took him outside and tossed him into the Gold Silk Spider's web. She seemed to appreciate it. LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #35550
I pull your leg out!

Gila monsters!!! Ahhhhh Noooo, you mean those things that I can just walk away from? LOL. One bites me and it's getting shot and BBQ'd in molasses.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #35551
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Gila monsters!!! Ahhhhh Noooo, you mean those things that I can just walk away from? LOL. One bites me and it's getting shot and BBQ'd in molasses.
EWwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gross! I would have to be dang hungry to eat one of those.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #35552
I pull your leg out!

Whoops forgot to add in that the BBQ'd in molasses was to be said in the "Sheriff Buford T. Justice" accent".

I'm not afraid to handle reptiles, especially snakes and lizards. As long as you have a general respect and understanding of them then you should have a problem with handling them. I treat them the same way I did when I was an electrician working with live commercial/industrial voltages.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #35553
small bead addict

I used to handle the occasional snake and some lizards, but have gotten out of that. We had a "pet" grass snake once that my husband had rescued. Something with talons had gotten a hold of her and she was hurt. We put her in a terrarium and I would check her wounds a couple of times a day. After several weeks, I got these weird bumps on my hands, that itched. I went to the dermatologist and he said I had scabies. He started running down this list of things on how I could have gotten them. Everything was a "no" until he got to the one about snakes. I told him about the one we had. He said that they have tiny mites that keep their scales clean underneath, and that's how I got scabies.
Here's a local story you might like. Can't find the link, so...A couple of weeks ago, some guy came up here from Jacksonville to buy a Green Mamba from some local who put an ad on Craigs List. It's illegal to have those kinds of snakes in Fl.. When the guy was showing him the snake, it bit him. He survived, but the local guy and the Mamba are missing. The cops aren't sure if they are together or not. LOL! This happened a couple of blocks from where I work. I'm just happy there aren't too many trees around my job, since Mambas tend to like trees. I think it's insane to have snakes like that around the house.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #35554
I pull your leg out!

Yikes, scabies sounds like it really sucks. Snakes and lizards are also known to have an assortment of bacteria on their scales as well.

As for the sale of a green mamba, well it's illegal to own them as pets at all in the U.S. without a special permit, which usually requires that you have spent x number of hours in training with a zoologist or better yet a herpetologist that specializes in the handling of exotic venomous snakes. I would never want to own a venomous snake, lizard or frog or a large boa or python. I did at one point own a Royal Python (Ball Python) but he got meningitis, which killed him before I could even get him to the vet - the issue with any wild caught snakes. The way things are with my career pretty much prevents me from owning any pets because I just can't devote enough time to them.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #35555
small bead addict

I never really wanted a "pet" that I had to feed something cute and furry. LOL! Getting grasshoppers and crickets for the grass snake was fine, but to go and buy a rat or a rabbit for a snake is a whole different ball game. Another reason I don't think people should have them is what is happening in S. Fla.. Over run with pythons and boas to the point where the native populations are in danger of becoming extinct. Gee, that rings a bell.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #35556
small bead addict

Alrighty. Waffles are done and by the time you get your waffle fixed, the coffee will be ready. It's hot and strong. I need it. After I get off work, I'm going to go home and change clothes, then set off on a quest to find a Big Wheels for the grandson.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #35557

Items GuitarPanda
Quote:
Whoops forgot to add in that the BBQ'd in molasses was to be said in the "Sheriff Buford T. Justice" accent".
I KNEW THAT!!!

I love Smokey and the Bandit!!

Old 12-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #35558

Items GuitarPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Alrighty. Waffles are done and by the time you get your waffle fixed, the coffee will be ready. It's hot and strong. I need it. After I get off work, I'm going to go home and change clothes, then set off on a quest to find a Big Wheels for the grandson.
Thanks for the waffles and coffee sweetheart....aren't big wheels fun!!!!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #35559
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,369.56
Savings: 1.00
i wanna bbq so freakin bad lol
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #35560
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,369.56
Savings: 1.00
its freezin your @zz off cold here i want la back lol
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links