Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9700Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #43561
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,495.73
Savings: 0.00
Sorry, I'm overly sensitive this week. Too long with mom in the house. We're replaying scenes from my teenage years. You know, the "I'm ashamed to be seen with you looking (dressed, acting) that way" guilt trip. Let's just say since I'm recovering from surgery I'm not looking my best. Not that I'm any great shakes to begin with, LOL.

Someone pass the chips, LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #43562
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
@Toolbox

I hear you on gentrification. Austin is getting it non-stop. There is non-stop building of new high-end condos and luxury apartments. New "affordable" housing is almost unheard of. The average home price in Austin is now reaching $300,000. It's a mixed blessing. Austin has a thriving food scene - not that many chain restaurants compared to other cities. Having been called a "food monster" before, I really enjoy all the new restaurants (fancy and plain), food trucks, etc.. But all the gentrification is driving more and more people out of the city. Old Hispanic/African-American neighborhoods are getting Whiter and Whiter; the original people living there can no longer afford the property taxes on their homes. When Austinites hear what part of town I live in, their eyes get wide, they just can't believe that I live in such a "horrible" part of town. I'm seeing gentrification in my area now. More and more hipsters in their skinny jeans and silly hats. The irony isn't lost on me when I find myself b**ching more and more about seeing White people in my neighborhood, and wanting them to "go back to their own part of town!"
Grits & Beans and subeeds like this.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #43563
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
"...I'm ashamed to be seen with you looking (dressed, acting) that way" guilt trip...
LOL. That brought back memories. I think I was in my early 30's when Mom made a comment (just one too many times) about how I was dressed. I still recall the look on her face when I, respectfully, told her "Well, I don't dress for you." She never commented about my choice of clothing again!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:00 AM   #43564
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,241.17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
@Toolbox

I hear you on gentrification. Austin is getting it non-stop. There is non-stop building of new high-end condos and luxury apartments. New "affordable" housing is almost unheard of. The average home price in Austin is now reaching $300,000. It's a mixed blessing. Austin has a thriving food scene - not that many chain restaurants compared to other cities. Having been called a "food monster" before, I really enjoy all the new restaurants (fancy and plain), food trucks, etc.. But all the gentrification is driving more and more people out of the city. Old Hispanic/African-American neighborhoods are getting Whiter and Whiter; the original people living there can no longer afford the property taxes on their homes. When Austinites hear what part of town I live in, their eyes get wide, they just can't believe that I live in such a "horrible" part of town. I'm seeing gentrification in my area now. More and more hipsters in their skinny jeans and silly hats. The irony isn't lost on me when I find myself b**ching more and more about seeing White people in my neighborhood, and wanting them to "go back to their own part of town!"
That's so sad. It sounds exactly like what happened to St. Augustine. People born and raised there struggle to still live there because it's gotten so expensive. It used to be a quaint small town, now it's just a southern suburb of Jacksonville-aka the murder capital Florida.
Grits & Beans and RDNKJ like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #43565

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 12,505.84
This group SNAP got formed in Germany? I didn't know.

RDNKJ likes this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 06:54 AM   #43566

Old 02-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #43567
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,259.81
Quote:
@Toolbox

I was talking to one of my coworkers yesterday about this very thing and she lives in a not so great neighborhood but where she lives is a lot of elderly people and she said that as the gentrification creeps west she is afraid that it might price them out of their homes. A lot of it in the west section of the city has to do with the fact that there are 2 large universities, one of them ivy league, and they are expanding fast as well as they are trying to push out the criminal elements in the surrounding neighborhoods to make the community safer for their students. When people get pushed out they move to other sections and unfortunately they bring the crime with them. When we moved into the city when I was 3 the neighborhood was nice but then hipsters started to gentrify other sections it forced the crime into where we lived. Gentrification is like sweeping the dust under the rug instead of into a dust pan.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #43568
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,318.56
Savings: 1.00

nice dj'ing job u doin there luda. now let me take y'all for a journey all thru the delta....haha
subeeds, Spiritflight and RDNKJ like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #43569
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I thing @gilisi's been makin' bank in music videos. Thought I saw him at the start of the new Missy Elliott video!

I'm so faded, no exaggeration
Backs breakin' like a percolation...
Hot new dance for the hood to make it
Make the dope move fast, make them thaink you drainkin'

oooh! you gon take that mj?
gilisi likes this.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:46 PM   #43570

Cool, live is multi culti huh? Well, a lot of good songs created by black people and whatsoever, black/white/red/yellow, who cares, damned, oh no, I did not mean to swear a swearword but I am rainbow, no, not homosexual but rainbow life colors and I am having a blurr out as I have been drinking some easy strawberry booze tonight. Some Vino or is it called whine? I meant wine... err... where was I? Here, I love, no, I like this song very much, good morning or evening folks.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #43571

RDNKJ likes this.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #43572
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,005.33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post

oooh! you gon take that mj?
Sheee I was the best looking person in that whole video. Hands down ayyye.
Grits & Beans, subeeds and RDNKJ like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #43573
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,005.33
Hey so whats all yalls superbowl planz? whatching it at home? Going out? Going to somebody's house?

Not watching at all?
Grits & Beans likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #43574
Lion of Judah

@Toolbox @subeeds

That's just what has happened in my neighborhood. @wardancer will know the areas I'm talking about. I've lived in the same general area of Austin for the past almost 30 years. Off of East Rundberg and IH-35. When I moved here it wasn't a great part of town, but it was ok. It was a blue collar/"working class" area, Black, White and Hispanic. South Congress Avenue, on the other hand, was where that one notorious dirty book store was, and where all the most skanktacious street ho's were. South Congress got gentrified right up. It's so trendy now that we have to call it "SoCo." All those hookers had to go somewhere, and they all ran up IH35 to Rundberg. It's not as dangerous as people tend to think, but now, unless ya live in the area, ain't no reason to go to East Rundberg and IH35 unless you're looking for hookers or drugs. I wonder where it'll get pushed off to next.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #43575
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,189.21
Quote:
@Toolbox @subeeds

That's just what has happened in my neighborhood. @wardancer will know the areas I'm talking about. I've lived in the same general area of Austin for the past almost 30 years. Off of East Rundberg and IH-35. When I moved here it wasn't a great part of town, but it was ok. It was a blue collar/"working class" area, Black, White and Hispanic. South Congress Avenue, on the other hand, was where that one notorious dirty book store was, and where all the most skanktacious street ho's were. South Congress got gentrified right up. It's so trendy now that we have to call it "SoCo." All those hookers had to go somewhere, and they all ran up IH35 to Rundberg. It's not as dangerous as people tend to think, but now, unless ya live in the area, ain't no reason to go to East Rundberg and IH35 unless you're looking for hookers or drugs. I wonder where it'll get pushed off to next.
So , what are you tryin to say ???

let's see......there was jodi , cindi , precious , jewel, bunni .........
this is me

Grits & Beans, subeeds and RDNKJ like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 02-07-2016 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: forgot one ! :rofl:
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2016, 02:16 AM   #43576
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,241.17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Hey so whats all yalls superbowl planz? whatching it at home? Going out? Going to somebody's house?

Not watching at all?
Watching at home with some pizza. I will probably have to drink a gallon of coffee to stay awake since I"m working tonight. On my first "day off", I'm usually asleep by 6:30, but I would like to stay awake tomorrow night and watch the game. I'm pulling for the Broncos just because I remember when people would say "Orange Crush" instead of Broncos.
Grits & Beans and gilisi like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #43577
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
So , what are you tryin to say ???

let's see......there was jodi , cindi , precious , jewel, bunni .........
this is me

Oops! I guess that did sound a little weird!

Old 02-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #43578
Lion of Judah

There's breakfast tacos and coffee, everybody!

It won't be done till later this afternoon, but the dinner special today is pulled pork!

We got some pulled chicken too, for @Grits & Beans.

Last edited by RDNKJ; 02-08-2016 at 01:52 PM..
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #43579
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I'll take a little of BOTH!!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #43580
Ugh. As. If.

pulled pork will be great, thanks luda
Sponsored Links