Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9762Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #43861
Pow Wow Visitor

Items ElephantPresentDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,525.38
Savings: 0.00
WOW!! Nice to see you again OLChemist!!!

First off all! My profound excuse to all of you who read my words as being a judgement! Yes, I had a dream of finding what you call the “romanticized Indian”, but I will not give up. I know some of you prefer to keep the old kind of way, but you are not willing to tell so here on this forum, which I understand.

Yes, it is true, I have changed a lot since I posted a few years ago. I reject more and more this modern way of life, and is looking for ways to simplify things, and be happy and greatful for what I have.
Yes, I have may be become a “wasicu” since we last meet, but I don’t think so myself. In any case, what you call me is not that important. What counts for me is to find the road I have been looking for through my life!

No, I’m NOT a missionary that wants to save your soul! I which these missionary had never existed!!!! I believe they have done more harm than good.

Yes, you are right, as a non-Indian, I have no right to judge any of you, but I just feel sorry for those of you who have accepted the white-man’s way of life, and rejected the knowledge and traditions of your ancestors. Yes again, I do NOT know your culture, but in looks more and more like our, and I thought your ancestors had another one. I may be wrong again, and if so, tell me.

No OLChemist, I have no desire to “battle” with you! You are a person of great knowledge, and I know your words will “kill” mine, so it would be silly to try to bet you!!! I just can’t accept that the white-man’s way of life is the correct one. If you can prove to me that it is, and that it will bring happiness and harmony to all living beings, I will “shut up!

I hope your people continue to pray and search for the good road to take. But if these prayers brings you to destructive actions toward another human being, an animal or Mother Natur, I ask you to pray harder!!!!

Yes, this is the knowledge I’m looking for, how to understand the animals or how to heal from the plants and so on. But this knowledge was not good enough against the sickness we (the white-man) brought you, as you had no experience with it before. In order to heal from it, you needed our medicine, and I’m greatful for that help, but if you had been given a change (the time) to find your own medicine, I’m sure you would have found it!!!

Yes, if I were in “South Dakota in January and trot outside the ol' tipi in a howling blizzard to urinate”, I’m sure I would be happy to be able to warm my feets and hands on a small gas-burner!!! I AM NOT AGAINST the technology in it’s self. But I want a GREEN one, not a destructive one!!!! Why not heat up your tipi with some electricity generated by the sun????

No, I should not have mentioned the feral cat!!! I not a hunter and is not willing to kill any animals!!! I’m happy you could save one, and by antibiotics!!! Talking about antibiotics, here in France, the doctors are no being payed if they can avoid using it!!!! It was consider as the miracle-medicine, used in any case, with the result that more and more virus are immune against it!!!!

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.
GoggenGH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #43862
Pow Wow Visitor

GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
yeah teebs that was very random, minus the r-a-n. dammit goggen why the heck did u come in this thread of all places with your bs? p.s. don't answer that

nothing i would like to do more than do what holmes did to rousey. boom......

i like pie. lost my appetite at the moment. but yeah, i like pie lol
Hello Grits & Beans!
Long time not seeing!!! WOW to you too!!!! I sounds like I declared a war!!! No, you are right!!! This is not the right place. I will let you continue talking about food and stuff like that. We all need food, but I would never make that a priority in my life. Please continue and "bon appétit"!!!! I will find another place....

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #43863
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,001.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoggenGH View Post
Yes, I had a dream of finding what you call the “romanticized Indian”, but I will not give up.
That Indian never existed. White people invented him. And only white people want him.

My people are real. They are not saints. They are not tree huggers. They are not mystics. They are not here to save white men. Our cultures like yours are a mix of bad and good. They always were and they always will be.

You talk about never killing animals. You know what my ancestors called a vegetarian? A bad hunter. And very shortly thereafter a dead man.

Quote:
Yes, if I were in “South Dakota in January and trot outside the ol' tipi in a howling blizzard to urinate”, I’m sure I would be happy to be able to warm my feets and hands on a small gas-burner!!! I AM NOT AGAINST the technology in it’s self. But I want a GREEN one, not a destructive one!!!! Why not heat up your tipi with some electricity generated by the sun????
You probably don't want to pick a scientific argument with me on solar. We can play competing patents -- one of mine is for a solar/photovoltaic application.

Just to back of the envelope some numbers here: Current commercial photovoltaics run on the low side of 40% efficient. At the very peak, ie high noon, you get about 75% of the 1340W/m^2 (the solar irradiance constant) incident on the earth at equatorial latitudes. So, let's see:

W converted = 0.4 * 0.75 * 1340 = 402W (A small space heater takes 1200W)

But a more realistic, time averaged number at the earth's surface is 304W. After all the earth turns.

W converted = 0.4 * 304 W = 122W

Then there's night, clouds, snow.... Before you scream batteries, charging batteries is a very lossy process. Exact efficiencies are dependent on a huge number of things, but very good systems lose 30% to heat. The kind of batteries used in solar systems are not good systems...

Shall I go on?

Solar is no panacea. And shall we discuss the environmental effects of covering the planet with semiconductors? (We here in TX are having enough trouble with bird kills resulting from covering a big chunk of west TX with windmills.) This ignores the really nasty waste from make the cells. The higher efficiency cells in R&D now are sandwiches of profoundly nasty compounds.

It is easy to condemn the petrochemical economy, but modern life requires a greater energy density than current "green" technologies can provide. Further, we have used chemicals and combustion engine machinery to greatly enhance the carrying capacity of our agricultural lands. Without these -- famine. Which part of our population do you propose die that others might live?

It is the luxury of the well-off to condemn the technologies that have made them well off. They are insulated from economic consequences of high energy costs and higher food costs. Back home, most of my people are not.

Quote:
Yes, I have may be become a “wasicu” since we last meet, but I don’t think so myself.
You always were. You, like me, are a hostage of your worldview.

Quote:
No, I’m NOT a missionary that wants to save your soul!
No, just condemn me -- albeit in gentle terms -- for failing to met your expectations.

Quote:
Yes, you are right, as a non-Indian, I have no right to judge any of you, but I just feel sorry for those of you who have accepted the white-man’s way of life, and rejected the knowledge and traditions of your ancestors.
You confound our acceptance of reality and adoption of the Euro-American material culture as an acceptance of values.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #43864
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is not the right place. I will let you continue talking about food and stuff like that. We all need food, but I would never make that a priority in my life. Please continue and "bon appétit"!!!! I will find another place....
Wow, with the judgements again. This is a recreational thread, devoted to discussions of our cravings of the moment.

However, yet again you fail utterly to see indigenous reality. Food is not a priority? In a subsistence lifestyle, getting food, processing food, and moving about the land for the best resources (usually food) was life! You go down to the Pueblos and the patterns are about insuring adequate rain and soil fertility for good crops. All human life is about getting enough to eat, reproduction and our spiritual relations. Without food you aren't going to be spiritual for long.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:10 PM   #43865
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Wow, with the judgements again. This is a recreational thread, devoted to discussions of our cravings of the moment.

However, yet again you fail utterly to see indigenous reality. Food is not a priority? In a subsistence lifestyle, getting food, processing food, and moving about the land for the best resources (usually food) was life! You go down to the Pueblos and the patterns are about insuring adequate rain and soil fertility for good crops. All human life is about getting enough to eat, reproduction and our spiritual relations. Without food you aren't going to be spiritual for long.
Okay, you get me!!! I'm down on my knews, but I accept it!!! You are right when you said "Wow, with the judgements again.", I did a mistake again, as I do very often. The food is off course a priority. I was WRONG, I used the wrong words, and in addition, I will not waste this thread with this kind of talk. This is not the right place.

Yes, it may be true that my words has a small of "judgement". I guess I'm so feedup of the destructive aspect of the human race, that I end up judging everybody.
Another reason may be my "desperate" need to find a solution, to restore my faith in the human race.

SORRY!!! I believe I was too quick writing these words.... I'm a little bit too quick with my "gun" some times!!!! My Viking-spirits take the control!!! I will let the smoke fade away.

I will answer you later on your other post, OLChemist, but I will do so in another thread in order to respect this one.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:29 PM   #43866
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
...to restore my faith in the human race.
At the risk of sounding like a missionary, I find the human race a poor place to place my faith. I prefer to do so with the Creator.
Grits & Beans and Itzhecatl like this.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #43867
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,369.56
Savings: 1.00
did i mention that i like pie?
subeeds likes this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #43868
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
A good pie can do much to restore one's faith.

Maybe this would be a good weekend to work on my pastetilos recipe. I need to buy some Crisco and dried apricots. A new jelly roll pan might be in order; since my old one is so stained you have to be family to being willing to eat anything baked in it, LOL.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #43869
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
yeah pie n some more prince jams would cheer me up. minneap peeps are out in large numbers showing love.......
Itzhecatl likes this.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:44 AM   #43870
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
did i mention that i like pie?
Yes, you did!

Old 04-23-2016, 03:01 AM   #43871
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
At the risk of sounding like a missionary, I find the human race a poor place to place my faith. I prefer to do so with the Creator.
I also believe in a Creator, but I also believe we have to clean up our own mess!!! The Creator will not do it for us! So, are we able to do it? Are we able to control our desire for power etc.?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #43872
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 61,610.99
Quote:
I also believe in a Creator, but I also believe we have to clean up our own mess!!! The Creator will not do it for us! So, are we able to do it? Are we able to control our desire for power etc.?
You have repeatedly said you were NOT going to post anymore of your drivel in this thread ! Please be an honorable man and fulfill that statement. This is a place to come and talk about food !

I need coffee ! LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #43873
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
You have repeatedly said you were NOT going to post anymore of your drivel in this thread ! Please be an honorable man and fulfill that statement. This is a place to come and talk about food !

I need coffee ! LOL
I got the message!!!!

You just reminded me that I need to make some Chilly Con Carne this afternoon. You are welcome to taste ...

Old 04-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #43874
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,222.78
*hands WD a cup of coffee*

So, whats on the menu for today NDNz?
Grits & Beans likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #43875
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
This is a place to come and talk about food !
Sorry, I kept engaging. I'd offer you some of my pizza, but it isn't here yet, LOL.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #43876
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Mushrooms in chile? That's a new one on me. Looks like something they'd serve in one of the vegan restaurants that have invaded the neighborhood since the hipsters took over.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #43877
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 61,610.99
Quote:
Mushrooms in chile? That's a new one on me. Looks like something they'd serve in one of the vegan restaurants that have invaded the neighborhood since the hipsters took over.
I agree , that looks nothing like Texas chili con carne !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #43878
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,222.78
brought a whole bunch of apple pies from Mcdonalds!

Come and get em

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2016, 04:56 PM   #43879
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Your are right!!!! I "stole" that image from Internet, but here is the one I made.

But next time I will make it more hot!!!

Old 04-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #43880
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
brought a whole bunch of apple pies from Mcdonalds!

Come and get em

thanks g
Sponsored Links