Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10337Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #44761
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 14,772.64
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Ah, Broken Arrow about 2am CDT I wanted to change places with you. You could have had a nice traditional experience here in Comanche country -- cowering in a closet while the weather radio and tornado sirens sound.
I believe you and you are always welcome.

That would be a real experience and that really teaches what force of nature can be and give your explanation to thunderstorm and lightning the benefit of being real which imagination never can reach.
OLChemist likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #44762
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 68,270.95
Rose staggers up to the counter. "Could I please have a hot shower, something warm for breakfast and a some light?" she begs.

Day two with no electricity. My hot water is now cold water. The alarm system went into the very loud throes of battery death around 2 am. At 3 am when the silence function kept resetting and I couldn't field the right tool to open the lock on the control, I cut the wire to the horn. Most of the groceries I bought on Tuesday morning went into the trash this morning, since the thermometer in the contents of the fridge were now room temperature.

The cats, however, love the darkness and lack of mommy's computer, silverwork, beadwork, books, etc. As they pointed out to me, the laser pointer is battery operated. They have reverted from semi-domensticated to wild. Late last night they began a game of tag, which took out a glass bowl a friend brought me from Italy. This morning, I pulled an undergarment out of a drawer and the Ishtato reached down, grabbed it and run off with it between her teeth.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #44763
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,346.85
Savings: 1.00
Score one for us for having GAS hot water ! LOL We've had NO bad weather ! All the storms went east of us so nothing going on around here at all ! We're on Natural gas so our hot water is still here in the event of power loss but the furnace needs the fan to run so if we lose power we lose heat. Investing in a small generator is on our to do list , and will most likely be done around the time of the next emergency when the demand for a generator is at it's highest as well as price ! LOL Procrastination at its best !For now we'll keep you in our prayers !
I could be worse ! My cousin is broke down with car trouble in Prior Oklahoma ! A town that rolls up the sidewalks at dark ! LOL
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #44764
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Rose staggers up to the counter. "Could I please have a hot shower, something warm for breakfast and a some light?" she begs.
Hope you got all you asked for at the counter. My shower, breakfast and light is almost 4500 miles away and that doesn't help you.

Quote:
Day two with no electricity. My hot water is now cold water. The alarm system went into the very loud throes of battery death around 2 am. At 3 am when the silence function kept resetting and I couldn't field the right tool to open the lock on the control, I cut the wire to the horn. Most of the groceries I bought on Tuesday morning went into the trash this morning, since the thermometer in the contents of the fridge were now room temperature.
No electricity shows how depended we modern people today are by electrical operated equipment. Fingers crossed. Very unpleasent with the groceries.

Quote:
The cats, however, love the darkness and lack of mommy's computer, silverwork, beadwork, books, etc. As they pointed out to me, the laser pointer is battery operated. They have reverted from semi-domensticated to wild. Late last night they began a game of tag, which took out a glass bowl a friend brought me from Italy. This morning, I pulled an undergarment out of a drawer and the Ishtato reached down, grabbed it and run off with it between her teeth.
They are cats. Instincts. They must like mommy else the would not stay.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 04-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #44765
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Good Morning ! Cold(44) cloudy dreary day here in SEKansas ! I'll be glad when it warms up !I'll Have coffee this morning and I think my beautiful wife is putting on a big stew to get us through this cold week ! It'll be awesomely good ! Maybe some frybread to go with !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #44766
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
!I'll Have coffee this morning and I think my beautiful wife is putting on a big stew to get us through this cold week ! It'll be awesomely good ! Maybe some frybread to go with !

Good evening. About 66 °F today over here. Only a few raindrops at about 12 o'clock. Had a nice day with 40 targets 3d round.

After Roger Welsch's Embracing Fry Bread and your exclamation to fry bread I am now very curious about the taste of real fry bread.

There should by a fry bread smiley.
wardancer likes this.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 04-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #44767
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 68,270.95
Think Mutzenmandel but made without eggs and almonds. Without the eggs, it is less elastic and thicker. It relatively flavor neutral. Depending on the topping or accompaniment, it is either savory or sweet.

I'd take some of that stew, if you could spare some:) And a side of Ben Gay.

I helped out a friend by taking a workshop on small scale rock carving. She needed another body to fill the class and pay the instructor's fees. I can do an 8-10 hrs day in the jewelry studio, using hand tools. But that must use different muscles than rock carving. My hands and forearms are aching.

I carved a really ugly buffalo. I picked a rock that looked kind of off-brown with red areas. When I polished it, I discovered the brown appearance was due to the iron in the dust form the red areas. The rock was olive and forest green with red inclusions. I think my buffalo got sick after he saw a mirror, LOL.

Well, the power finally came on and stayed on late late Thursday night. They had to run 100ft of new wire. But, it looks like it may get knocked out again tonight or tomorrow. I dislike this aspect of springtime in TX.
Broken Arrow likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2017, 09:46 PM   #44768
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 100,321.25
Savings: 52.80

Oreos for everybody! April Fools.
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2017, 01:05 AM   #44769
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,766.96
nsb u a lil stinker

my natives!
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 AM   #44770
Signal Corps

Quote:
Think Mutzenmandel but made without eggs and almonds. Depending on the topping or accompaniment, it is either savory or sweet.
Quote:
I helped out a friend by taking a workshop on small scale rock carving. She needed another body to fill the class and pay the instructor's fees. I can do an 8-10 hrs day in the jewelry studio, using hand tools. But that must use different muscles than rock carving. My hands and forearms are aching.
Seems familiar. Must really use different muscles. I remember the workshop on stone age techniques. I hope no Tendon sheath tensing.

Quote:
I carved a really ugly buffalo. I picked a rock that looked kind of off-brown with red areas. When I polished it, I discovered the brown appearance was due to the iron in the dust form the red areas. The rock was olive and forest green with red inclusions. I think my buffalo got sick after he saw a mirror, LOL.
It is your first carved buffalo! Maybe put him on some sweet grass to make him feel better?

Quote:
Well, the power finally came on and stayed on late late Thursday night. They had to run 100ft of new wire. But, it looks like it may get knocked out again tonight or tomorrow. I dislike this aspect of springtime in TX.
Fingers crossed that it will not happen.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #44771
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Gentle rain , all night ! When the sun comes back out(in about a week) the grass is gonna grow fast ! Gotta get the deck back on my mower !
Coffee , coffee , coffee !

Grits , you gonna make sammiches ???

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #44772
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
yessir soup n sammies

errbody behaving themselves this wknd?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #44773
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
See ! NSB was right ! Grits was comin at me with a knife , so I held out 2 slices of bread and her womanly instinct took over ! She's makin' us sammichs ! jks
Ndnsoldierboy and gilisi like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #44774
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
You know we luvs ya G&B !
Attached Thumbnails
17499136_1911340249085709_1414132139575737074_n.jpg  
Ndnsoldierboy and Toolbox like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #44775
Tiny Tot Dancer

CaudwellianDialect is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 177.53
Quote:
You know we luvs ya G&B !
*Attached Thumnail: Ain't no Sandwiches when She's Gone!*

What if I prefer burgers to sandwiches? Actually there are a lot of things I prefer to sandwiches: burgers, pizza, tacos, nachos, burritos, sushi and orange chicken. Hebrew National Hot-Dogs and Chili Dogs. Also, if it is a sandwich, I prefer a bacon sandwich.

Last edited by CaudwellianDialect; 04-02-2017 at 10:48 PM..
CaudwellianDialect is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #44776
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudwellianDialect View Post
*Attached Thumnail: Ain't no Sandwiches when She's Gone!*

What if I prefer burgers to sandwiches?
I guess we'd tell you to go someplace else !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #44777
Tiny Tot Dancer

CaudwellianDialect is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 177.53
Quote:
I guess we'd tell you to go someplace else !
Okay say we are are in a meeting or lunch area. I walk by, with my hot off the grill, bacon sandwich with cheese. What you got? Cold as a hooker's heart turkey? Everyone smells what I got, with that melted cheese, fried bacon, and buttered toast. And you got, cold and slimy turkey meat from a package. Yes, I might have to go someplace else, because if everyone like you has a cold, slimy sandwich, they may try to steal my hickory-smoked, apple-wood bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese. So enjoy your cold as fish turkey, ham or even more gross bologna (which is basically an inferior form of dog-food), and I will hide away to eat my beyond first world cuisine. Enjoy your cold-fish sandwich cause I got something, hot, toasty, and greasy. Some real blood-clogger.
CaudwellianDialect is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2017, 11:07 PM   #44778
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
you can go away now and crawl back in your hole.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #44779
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
See ! NSB was right ! Grits was comin at me with a knife , so I held out 2 slices of bread and her womanly instinct took over ! She's makin' us sammichs ! jks
crikey

i have no comeback for that i think im gettin soft
Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #44780
Ugh. As. If.

i like wait no i love turkey sammies....

and yeah i will happily wait on you cd, matter of fact here's a big plate of shutyamouf and a ice cold glass of bye felicia.
wardancer and Ndnsoldierboy like this.
Sponsored Links