Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9457Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #45761
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 55,370.31
Savings: 0.00
I hope Eye's is building you a hot tub for a good long soak.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #45762
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 77,641.23
I need a stiff drink for this tooth ache. I have to have 3 wisdom teeth removed, one of them being broken, which is the cause of the pain. The worst part is that I can't get into the see the oral surgeon until Monday, which was the earliest appointment.
subeeds likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2018, 12:59 AM   #45763
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,710.40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I need a stiff drink for this tooth ache. I have to have 3 wisdom teeth removed, one of them being broken, which is the cause of the pain. The worst part is that I can't get into the see the oral surgeon until Monday, which was the earliest appointment.
If it's infected, get some vitamin c tablets and some garlic pills. Take 2 every 4 hours and it will help clear up the infection. I had a very abscessed tooth once and it would be 4 days before I could get into the dentist. I started with the c and garlic and within 24 hours the infection was down. Both are a good boost for the immune system.

This 10 day week of mine is finally over. Well, in 6 hours it will be. Saturday will be errand and laundry day. Headed to the laundromat because all the blankets smell like a small wet dog was sleeping on them-which he was. LOL! He got wet the other morning and I haven't had time to deal with the blankets. I'll throw them in one of those giant washers. Poor Sparky doesn't know yet, but before those blankets go back down, he's getting a bath. He does those sad puppy eyes so well when he's standing in the tub. He can guilt me into bacon treats after his bath, but he can't guilt me out of the bath itself.

Rose, good luck with the coding. Don't knock yourself out banging your head on your desk.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #45764
Champion Dancer

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,469.87
Quote:
I have to have 3 wisdom teeth removed, one of them being broken, which is the cause of the pain. The worst part is that I can't get into the see the oral surgeon until Monday, which was the earliest appointment.

If you have the fourth withdom tooth, may be remove this one too before that one can make trouble?

I hope your surgeon is good. I will pray for a good surgeon and that the teeth will not resist removing to heavily.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #45765
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Teeth problems suck. My sympathy.

Mega-caffinated beverage, please. We're having plant clean-up day. One of my favorites. Time for the PhD's to push brooms.
subeeds likes this.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #45766
Champion Dancer

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Just ring the bell. We are sitting with lots of coffee and have audit for three accounts. PHD's are welcome for serving the adder. (Shooting association)

You Boss has an expensive cleaning team, it seems.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #45767
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Yeah, well the good in it is that I'm getting time and some help to get the last of the equipment that was moved for post flood renovations back into my labs. It's a shame I can't undo that damage from the untrained and un-careful crew moving my equipment for a second time after I had carefully cleared my labs.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #45768
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Teeth problems suck. My sympathy.

Mega-caffinated beverage, please. We're having plant clean-up day. One of my favorites. Time for the PhD's to push brooms.
Thanks ,but the saga of tooth related problems continues!

I had a lot of pain around the broken wisdom tooth towards the end of last week. I took off Friday and went to my dentist, found that there was a mild infection. Antibiotics worked and now it doesn't hurt at all, unless I hit it with the tooth brush.

The fun part is that I had the consultation with the oral surgeon yesterday, the place that my dentist referred me to. Got the the office and filled out a bunch of paper work and then handed over my insurance cards. They then called me up to the reception desk to tell me that they accept Cigna (dental insurance provider) but not my particular plan! They said that if my wisdom teeth are impacted then my medical insurance would cover it, however my wisdom teeth are not. What a waste of a day and a 24 miles round trip. I called the place my wife went to for her oral surgery and got a consultation with them but it's not until next Monday at 6:30pm! At least they accept our insurance AND they are only a half mile from my house right across from the train station that I use and will be getting off of the train around 6:05pm, so I guess that's a win. I got home crawled into bed and snuggled with my cat for a 3 hour nap, he's such a lovebug.

It baffles me that opponents of universal healthcare talk about long wait times and access to care, when that is what I am going through now and I live in a major metropolitan area and have really good health and dental plans. The wait isn't all that bad because it's not an emergency and I'm not suffering.

More probiotic yogurt for me since amoxicillin wreaks havoc on my gut.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 01-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #45769
Champion Dancer

Quote:
Thanks ,but the saga of tooth related problems continues!

It baffles me that opponents of universal healthcare talk about long wait times and access to care, when that is what I am going through now and I live in a major metropolitan area and have really good health and dental plans. The wait isn't all that bad because it's not an emergency and I'm not suffering.

More probiotic yogurt for me since amoxicillin wreaks havoc on my gut.

Are you sure that you are in the United States of America? If yes, you should try the German system if you are not private patient but a patient of the regular system.

LOL, the dentist, orthopedists, surgeons are craftsman and a part of the big money business health care.

24 miles to go to the an oral surgeon, quite a distance at least in my opinion living in a town of about 250 000 people.

I'll wish that your problems will be solved and turn out as minor problem. I experienced pulling withdom teeth as no fun.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #45770
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
Are you sure that you are in the United States of America? If yes, you should try the German system if you are not private patient but a patient of the regular system.

LOL, the dentist, orthopedists, surgeons are craftsman and a part of the big money business health care.

24 miles to go to the an oral surgeon, quite a distance at least in my opinion living in a town of about 250 000 people.

I'll wish that your problems will be solved and turn out as minor problem. I experienced pulling withdom teeth as no fun.
I don't know anything about the German system. I know about the Canadian system. In the US most healthcare is privatized and only under certain circumstances can one be put on the public system, such as being elderly, living below the poverty line, among others.

I live in a metro area of 6.07 million people. So despite having everything within the metro area everything else is spread out.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #45771
Champion Dancer

Quote:
In the US most healthcare is privatized and only under certain circumstances can one be put on the public system, such as being elderly, living below the poverty line, among others.

I live in a metro area of 6.07 million people. So despite having everything within the metro area everything else is spread out.
My knowledge of the USA healthcare system is quite rudimentary.

In Germany if you are privatized or public healthcare (not the really correct term) is a question of annual income above a certain amount or being a communal, state or federal official. The health insurance is a historic development by Bismarck in 1883 / 1884. I have need of OLChemist's ability to put long and difficult information in genius short form.

In both cases you pay healthcare dues but they are different.

If you are in the category of national assistance that is world of its own.

You can spend a lot of to inform yourself about the complex German system.

That is comparable to the Ruhrgebiet which is a region were towns merge into each other and as a non citizen do not easily recognize that you left Essen and entered Bochum, Gelsenkirchen, Oberhausen or Bottrop.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 01-30-2018, 06:17 PM   #45772
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
We here in TX consider a 24 mile round trip a jaunt down the road to dinner, LOL.
subeeds, Broken Arrow and Chalako like this.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:41 AM   #45773
Champion Dancer

One way to work is 33 miles, 66 mils a day, five days a week. LOL
About two hours of driving every day.
OLChemist likes this.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #45774
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,075.16
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Well Philly whooped the Vikings badly. The funniest part is that Philly is now headed to play the Super Bowl on the Vikings turf, without the Vikings! My guess is there's going to be a lot of spit in a lot of food being served to Super Bowl attendees!
yeah thats weak they host the super bowl and they gotta watch two other teams go at it. sad to say our mens teams are mediocre. the lynx is the only great pro team we have and they deserve a brand new stadium not the others lol.

i know traffic is really gonna suck this weekend because franklin ave (just outside downtown) is all tore up and nowhere near completion. whoever decided to redo franklin clearly has very bad timing lol

i gotta head downtown to take care of a couple things and this the best day to do it. gonna be in 30s today and then another arctic blast is on the way. the out of towners are not gonna like it lol
OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2018, 12:29 AM   #45775
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,710.40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post

i gotta head downtown to take care of a couple things and this the best day to do it. gonna be in 30s today and then another arctic blast is on the way. the out of towners are not gonna like it lol
The out of towners are probably gonna be too drunk to care. They are dropping big bucks to be there, so I'm sure it won't bother them. I remember back when Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl.People were dropping 2 grand or more on tickets and another grand or more on hotels. Crazy.
OLChemist likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #45776
I pull your leg out!

A friend of my uncle has 15 tickets for the Super Bowl and invited him along as a guest for free! They initially were going to fly to MN and rent a van but the plane tickets were between 2 and 3 thousand each. The next option was to fly to Milwaukee and then drive but then the tickets started going into the 2 thousand dollar range as more people took that option. One of the guys going has an RV so they just all pitched in for gas, food, and booze and are leaving today. I can't even think how much money they just spent!

A thing to note. The news showed the dark side of Philly fans when the Eagles and Pats played the other week. Their behavior was awful, especially to the people visiting from MN. The thing is that most of the horrible fans are people who, for the most part, lack the money and resources to travel up to MN for the Super Bowl. The fans on their way up there now are not the type to have been inhospitable to the folks visiting from MN. These people obviously have lots of money and you can bet they will be spending quite a bit while they are there and hopefully they will tip well too. Meanwhile, in Philly, they will be applying extra coats of Crisco to the lamp posts and other poles. The only Vikings fans that deserved bad treatment were those who messed with Rocky, no one messes with Rocky!
subeeds likes this.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #45777
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 589.30
Who playes the final?

Did,nt the Denver Bronco's won the Superball last year.Years agoo i supported for the Bronco's because i liked theyr cheerleaders...LOL.
OLChemist likes this.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #45778
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
...The news showed the dark side of Philly fans when the Eagles and Pats played the other week.
When I read things like that, I realize I may well be from another planet. I grew up in Pittsburgh, back in the Terrible Towel, "One for the Thumb" days and have lived for 2 decades in a state where high school football is a religion. My family drank iced tea from a collection of McDonalds glasses with Mean Joe Greene on them until Bush 41 was in the White House. But, I still don't get it.

Here's what it looks like to me: Your preferred group of hulking, concussion-collecting men, in funny clothes, carry a weirdly shaped, brown leather fetish over a painted line more times than another group of similarly attired men on the same patch of fake grass. To celebrate their physical prowess, you overturn cars, loot, smash windows and assault people. Makes sense in a way that absolutely does not.

Last edited by OLChemist; 02-01-2018 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Lost the quote somehow.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #45779
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalako View Post
Years agoo i supported for the Bronco's because i liked theyr cheerleaders...LOL.
Lust and short skirts. That is reasoning that I can understand :) (Just teasing.)
Chalako likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #45780
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Adult beverage, please.

ECHA just gifted me with 7 new compounds or reaction products on REACH's SVHC list that I have to prove aren't in any of our products. (This is a rant; comprehension of the acronyms is not necessary.) I love Jan and July, when the EU decides to regulate another crop of chemicals. It is impractical and way too expensive to test for all 184 (now) compounds. So, I get to send all my suppliers letters asking them if they are putting any of these -- usually highly unlikely - chemicals into the stuff I use to make our materials. All so I can answer the letters from our customers asking me the same thing.

Now, this fills me with a strange urge to go to Helsinki and throw rocks at carefully selected targets. (<--- Just making a joke, not a threat.) But, I'm not happy. So, I still don't understand the celebrate by breaking windows thing, LOL.
subeeds likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 02-01-2018 at 07:17 PM..
Sponsored Links