Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9679Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #45941
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 58,640.27
Savings: 0.00
Something to steady my nerves, please. (And some ice melt for WD.)

The contractors started demoing the brick work on parts of my porch. It's going to be slow, since they have to save all the historic brick. (Histrionic brook -- interesting suggestions autocomplete. Wildly inappropriate, but interesting. Where are the preferences hidden in this latest upgrade? Die autocomplete; die!)

They're not touching the support columns, just the sides and areas over the drains, but there is a huge section of roof on those supports. My vivid, alarmist occasionally apocalyptic imagination keeps visualizing them collapsing and 1/4 of my roof collapsing. Breathe, Rose, breathe.
wardancer and subeeds like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #45942
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 78,605.39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Mother Nature is playing an April Fool's Day prank on us !
GRRRRR That storm came here this morning and made a mess of things. Thanks! Just when we finally got a taste of Spring this weekend with temps nearing 60.
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #45943
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Something to steady my nerves, please. (And some ice melt for WD.)

The contractors started demoing the brick work on parts of my porch. It's going to be slow, since they have to save all the historic brick. (Histrionic brook -- interesting suggestions autocomplete. Wildly inappropriate, but interesting. Where are the preferences hidden in this latest upgrade? Die autocomplete; die!)

They're not touching the support columns, just the sides and areas over the drains, but there is a huge section of roof on those supports. My vivid, alarmist occasionally apocalyptic imagination keeps visualizing them collapsing and 1/4 of my roof collapsing. Breathe, Rose, breathe.
I'm sick of construction! Last Thursday the contractors were installing the vapor barrier on the exterior wall which meant they had to use some strong adhesive applied with a roller. Since the building isn't sealed up anymore the odors easily entered the building. I noticed a slight sweet fruity smell in my office and then as soon I walked into the hall a massive smell of noxious VOCs hit me right in the face. I shouted some expletives then we called our health and safety division and they brought in test equipment and noted elevated VOCs in the air, they were higher earlier but we opened the doors to try to air it out. This morning they had the doors open to bring out cart loads of material thus allowing diesel and gas exhaust from the equipment outside to enter the building and fill the air. I walked down the hall to shut the door while loudly saying "F** this F**in construction, I'm sick of these god d**n odors", with other foul language that could put a sailor to shame. My coworkers have noticed that I've become bitter, annoyed, and fed up recently, which is totally out of place because I normally have a cool, calm, and collected demeanor.

Anyway it's lunch time, what is on the menu?

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #45944
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
I made some lamb kofta for Easter dinner. I'm having leftovers today with rice and tzizi... - I have no hope of spelling this well enough for even Google to figure it out -- cucumber and yogurt sauce. I have enough leftovers for many.

The little stand down the street with very passible Italian beef sandwiches is calling louder than my leftovers. They don't do to their version of Chicago's signature sandwich what so many places down here do to Philly cheese steaks and gyros and slap a 1/4" layer of pickled jalapenos on top. They have giardiniera instead of plain jalapenos. Between the location where the average life span of a restaurant is on the order of 4 months and the fact the only places that survive in this neighborhood serve Mexican food, I probably should enjoy now.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #45945
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
I made some lamb kofta for Easter dinner. I'm having leftovers today with rice and tzizi... - I have no hope of spelling this well enough for even Google to figure it out -- cucumber and yogurt sauce. I have enough leftovers for many.
I believe the word you are looking for is "tzatziki"

Old 04-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #45946
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 58,438.73
Savings: 1.00
We had the most delicious ndn tacos , and she makes her own re-fried beans! Eyes makes the very best frybread ! Awesomely awesome !
The ice is worse this morning , but is now starting to melt. Dreary day. Probably another good nap day !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #45947
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,710.74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalako View Post
It will be a problem to keep the coffee hot in a swimmingpool.
Ooch, I think I'll lease a reactor of Tihange. That will heat more than a swimming pool. of coffee. May be I'll lease the last reactor of Philippsburg. Should do it likewise.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 04-02-2018 at 04:17 PM..
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 AM   #45948
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,773.66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
We had the most delicious ndn tacos , and she makes her own re-fried beans! Eyes makes the very best frybread ! Awesomely awesome !
The ice is worse this morning , but is now starting to melt. Dreary day. Probably another good nap day !
Meanwhile, in Florida. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDDS88mEgWI
OLChemist likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #45949
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Fried cajun gator bites, please.

Can I get back the last two days of my life? I've been verifying that an algorithm that I wrote to describe an optical surface is working correctly. So, I compared the results of the code to some point clouds for the measured surface. The tests kept failing -- globally 3um off normal to the surface. I've been painfully and painstakingly proceeding through each step in the computation processes within the code, each of which checked perfectly against the surface equations. Over and over, I could not find the error.

I was at the point where you tear it down and start over because you can't find the bug. Then I found the bug. In my test frame code! I'd typoed the date section of the point cloud name and was reading in the points a surface that hadn't been scaled for shrinkage! Grr, hence my persistent 3um error.

*Rose smashes her head against her desk.*
subeeds, Toolbox and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:09 AM   #45950
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,773.66
Quote:

Can I get back the last two days of my life? I've been verifying that an algorithm that I wrote to describe an optical surface is working correctly. So, I compared the results of the code to some point clouds for the measured surface. The tests kept failing -- globally 3um off normal to the surface. I've been painfully and painstakingly proceeding through each step in the computation processes within the code, each of which checked perfectly against the surface equations. Over and over, I could not find the error.

I was at the point where you tear it down and start over because you can't find the bug. Then I found the bug. In my test frame code! I'd typoed the date section of the point cloud name and was reading in the points a surface that hadn't been scaled for shrinkage! Grr, hence my persistent 3um error.

Hang in there-and pass those gator bites, please. LOL! At least you didn't have to start over.
Broken Arrow likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM   #45951
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Can I get back the last two days of my life?

In my test frame code! I'd typoed the date section of the point cloud name and was reading in the points a surface that hadn't been scaled for shrinkage! Grr, hence my persistent 3um error.

??? recipe

I would give them back to you but the time machine is still not working.
(Your way to search the error comes as a dejavu.)

Please do not. I have not the right headache pills for that and I suppose that a turban bandage isn't to your liking.
OLChemist likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #45952
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
That's one recipe. I've made this one:

Gator bites from John Folse's After the Hunt

I served it with this remoulade sauce tho' instead.

1/2 c mayonnaise
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp creole mustard
1/2 tsp white vinegar
a few dashes of tabsco
1 tsp horseradish

Mix and refrigerate.
Toolbox and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #45953
I pull your leg out!

Just nuked a bunch of spammers that have been in the moderator queue for a long time. I've just been really really lazy about checking that thing.

Those Cajun gator bites sound amazing right now.
Broken Arrow likes this.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #45954
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, the brick demo is done. The rebuild begins today. And the carpenter comes and starts on the trim repair and replacement.

The good news is the footers don't have to be replaced after all. They had included them as a worst case in the bid. But, a bunch of the brick that was hidden on the inner wall below the porch deck was broken, so I'm buying salvaged historic brick. At $5-7 ea there's money in dem thar bricks.

One of the charmingly DIY (trans. incompetently built) and heavily repaired stucco skirting panels, around that foundation, installed by a prior homeowner/remuddler/flopper had apparently been supported only by the edge of the brick porch wall. It fell off and broke into several pieces. So, that now has to be repaired.

But, so far I haven't heard the mating cry of the contractor: "Oh s%^& Bubba, you ever seen'd anything like that?" Last time I had major work done on the house, every time I heard that, the bill went up a grand and two more people appeared at the job site.
wardancer and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #45955
Signal Corps

for the bill.

If there is unexpected to repair, sigh, the contractors take the moeney.

$5 - $7 for one brick? Sounds be medivial time monument protected bricks for resale. Maybe its cheaper to import them from Europe?
Old 04-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #45956
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 58,438.73
Savings: 1.00
Coffee ! LOL Usable old bricks are sometimes hard to find. Once again , had I dimensions and a pic of said brick , I might have had them ! I have several types of old brick around , including some that are near impossible to find !
Broken Arrow likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #45957
Signal Corps

LOL, wardancer, hunter an gatherer.

Ok, lots of coffee for you as you seems to live in a cold hole where spring is cumming late.

April can't decide if it shall go forward with spring or back to winter. Today chilling wet and windy, tomorrow getting better and Saturday shall be sunny and room temperature.

Wait and see, though I hope for no rain. Some bow shooting in the woods on Saturday would be fine.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #45958
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Dang it's cold this morning. It was 59F in my office when I got in. I've been running compiles all morning just to warm my hands, LOL.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #45959
I pull your leg out!

Chilly start to the week. Today is jacket weather, tomorrow is one of those days where the morning will require a jacket and the afternoon will require a sweatshirt. Good news is that Friday and Saturday are going to be in the upper 70s and Sunday will only be in the mid 60s.

Breakfast is a small protein bar and a banana with peanut butter.
OLChemist likes this.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #45960
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
This is just a cruel shock to the system. We were 87F Friday afternoon and 34F Saturday morning.

I do realize us Texans whining about this little cold snap will get absolutely no sympathy from the midwest and northeast. But I'm going to whine anyway, LOL.
Sponsored Links