Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9650Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #46241
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,268.92
Savings: 0.00
Ice coffee and Hot Black coffee!
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2018, 02:54 AM   #46242
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,724.52
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Try some kuku kadoo or kuku sabzi, you might rethink your position on veggies at breakfast. One of my cousins has diabetes, she makes this for weekend breakfasts. She got the recipe from a website called My Jerusalem Kitchen

Kuku kadoo

Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9" x 9" pyrex baking pan.

Sautee in 1 Tbsp of really hot, olive oil 2 medium, white onions, finely diced.

Once they are translucent add:

4 gloves of garlic, crushed;
1/2 tsp turmeric;
2 pinches of salt;
2 large zucchini, grated;

Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture is gone. Transfer to a sieve to drain. Press with spatula to squeeze out remaining water.

In a large bowl, mix:

4 large eggs;
1/2 tsp baking soda;
salt and pepper;

Add drained zucchini mixture and transfer to baking dish.

Top with 1/2 cup each fresh mint and dill, finely chopped.

Bake 30-35 min, until the top is golden brown and the eggs are firm.
I first read that as "kudzu". Pass the coffee please.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #46243
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,842.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
I first read that as "kudzu". Pass the coffee please.
Oh, now I have the giggles. My first semester in college, I had to take freshman comp. In addition to reviewing basic grammar and mechanics, we had a write a term paper and give a talk on it. One of my classmates was a supper perky, overachiever beauty pageant queen. She was sweet as molasses and southern as a Faulkner novel, biscuits 'n gravy, and kudzu --which was the topic of her paper.

Now speeches in a freshman English class, in a small liberal arts school in the rural south, are generally not delivered by the greatest orators. Come time for this young lady's speech, she hauls out a projector and starts her talk by showing a 15 min film on kudzu. She opened by reciting “Kudzu,” by James Dickey, of Deliverance fame, then proceeded to give a very polished talk, which closed with a recipe for kudzu leaves.

When she was done, the rest of the wooden tongued 18 year olds in the room were stricken mute. The poor guy who followed her stammered and muttered his way through a treatise on roots of the various philosophical threads in his favorite novel Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. He never raised his eyes from the battered floor boards of the 150 year old English building. Less than halfway through, he turned delicate shade of green and ran from the room.

I've never been in a classroom where the mood shifted so rapidly from the mortal terror of the damned to blood-lust. Forget purple kudzu honey, the green monster of jealousy was roaring. By dinner, there were whispered speculations that "Kudzu Queen" had given this speech in tawdry ballroom all over the South in pursuit of her various crowns.

Last spring, I called an old college friend and surviver of that freshman English class to let her know that another friend and fellow alumna had passed. We got to discussing the fates of the bunch of odd-ball, not alumni newsletter worthy folks that had made up our social circle. Not 5 mins into our speculations, she asked me if I knew what happened to the "Kudzu Queen."
subeeds likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 08-22-2018 at 01:16 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #46244

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 11,918.38
Hello OLC, tried that receipe but didn't have all the ingrediences. Zuccini not chopped a bit of minced meat small onions, egg, milk, corn flour, etc.. It was a sorta delicious pancake. Next time I will use less liquid. In the end it tasted ab like a corn dog pancake.

Always nice to sit in a small café with just 3 or so other customers. The day is too warm again and yikes!... I will drink an ice coffee and have some green salad with tunafish in it.
OLChemist likes this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #46245
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,712.43
Savings: 1.00
I just overheard a comedian talking about Tunafish ! He ponders: Why do we call it tunafish , and we all do !" Even me , but we don't order chickenbird or hambergercow..... Just something to think about while I have a baconpig sammich ! LMAO

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #46246
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Hello OLC, tried that receipe but didn't have all the ingrediences. Zuccini not chopped a bit of minced meat small onions, egg, milk, corn flour, etc.. It was a sorta delicious pancake. Next time I will use less liquid. In the end it tasted ab like a corn dog pancake.
I'm glad you liked it. When you get your variation finalized, please PM me the recipe :)
Old 08-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #46247
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
They're putting bacon on everything these days. Now, we have bacon wrapped pig sandwiches.

Tuna in parts of the country is a prickly pear cactus fruit. Could that be the reason?
wardancer likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:40 AM   #46248
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Tuna in parts of the country is a prickly pear cactus fruit. Could that be the reason?
May be?

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #46249
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I just overheard a comedian talking about Tunafish ! He ponders: Why do we call it tunafish , and we all do !" Even me , but we don't order chickenbird or hambergercow..... Just something to think about while I have a baconpig sammich ! LMAO
All that tuna talk makes me want a tuna melt.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #46250
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 78,527.39
After a week of nicer, cooler, and less humid weather we now return to high temps and high humidity - aka "Satan's arm pit". I can put the uncomfortable temps and humidity to the side this afternoon because I'm going out the river on a firefighting boat to take pictures for work this afternoon.

Tuna does sound good but in this weather I don't trust the lunch trucks around here with it, not even my favorite trucks. Probably get a gyro or other item that has been cooked on the griddle.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #46251
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
After a week of nicer, cooler, and less humid weather we now return to high temps and high humidity - aka "Satan's arm pit".
"You see we piddle twiddle and resolve / not one damn thing do we solve / piddle twiddle and resolve / nothing's ever solved / in foul, fetid, fuming, foggy, filthy Philadelphia." -- Sit Down, John 1776

The detritus my brain will offer up. I've reached the age where I sometimes I stand in hallway, trying to remember where I was going. But, set it to music and show it to me at the age of 7, and I'll never forget. The curse of an auntie that loved musicals, LOL.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #46252
Signal Corps

Hot Coffee. That should be weather independent.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #46253
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 78,527.39
Quote:
"You see we piddle twiddle and resolve / not one damn thing do we solve / piddle twiddle and resolve / nothing's ever solved / in foul, fetid, fuming, foggy, filthy Philadelphia." -- Sit Down, John 1776
That about sums up the city. It was somewhat cool out on the water and I got to spray a water cannon. Now I'm just sweaty from wearing the life vest in direct sun light. I'll be using a pry bar to peel my clothes off when I get home. tonight.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2018, 01:28 AM   #46254
small bead addict

Quote:

The detritus my brain will offer up. I've reached the age where I sometimes I stand in hallway, trying to remember where I was going.
I usually can remember where I"m going, it's the "why" I'm going there that does me in.
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:36 AM   #46255
Signal Corps

LOL, is that a question of aging?

Sounds all familiar.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:43 AM   #46256

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 11,918.38
It's been said that long term memories are often better with older people than short term memory. My explanation for this is that many older people get lonely, friends and family passed away, they have not much social connection and of course the young years often had more to offer, better health, young people have it often easier to find new friends while older people especially when they are poor, have no one they can rely on or have new exciting things to happen in their lives. So, what's left? Good memories of the past. That is different to dementia i.m.o.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2018, 09:15 AM   #46257
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
[Sarcasm font]Another day in paradise.[/Sarcasm font]

Chocolate, please. Lots of chocolate. The special kind that has no calories but tastes great.
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #46258
Signal Corps

Hot Chocolate for Ol'Chemist.

Simply don't look on the label of the Chocolate and / or ignore the entry for sugar.

and / or sounds like a logical function of combined basic functions.
OLChemist likes this.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:00 PM   #46259
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,020.12
Quote:

Chocolate, please. Lots of chocolate. The special kind that has no calories but tastes great.
Dark choclate has the lowest calories.It's my favorite kind.
subeeds likes this.

Last edited by Chalako; 08-29-2018 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: fault
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2018, 01:59 AM   #46260
small bead addict

Quote:
I hear you!
I've had 5 people come in tonight saying they had reservations. I can't find the reservation, so I ask for their confirmation email. They get all kinds of bent when I point out that their reservation isn't for tonight-it's for next week, next month, next decade. They act like it's my fault they booked the wrong day. Then they get more bent when I tell them there are no vacancies, and since they booked through a 3rd party (Expedia, Travelocity, etc.) they have to go through them to cancel. Those sites are a pain. You pay them, and they send the hotel a one time only use credit card number for the room amount which is why a hotel can't change or cancel a reservation.

Pass the chocolate, please.
Broken Arrow likes this.

Sponsored Links