Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #46321

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 11,918.38
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalako View Post
That's for one person?
I think i have enough for the rest of the day with that.
For breakfast i just eat a sandwich with marmelade or peanutbutter and not to forget coffee.
Yes but you need muscles, so that taco breakfast is better for you than just eating butter with marmelade served by a desert sand witch. Or you never be able to become a good cowboy catching a waitress's eye.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #46322
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,842.06
Quote:
I think i have enough for the rest of the day with that.
Indian tacos aren't generally a breakfast food.

Tocabe

Indian tacos are a miracle of commodity cooking. Another culinary marvel wrought by Native grandmothers with flour, baking soda, powdered milk, beans, cheese, the local animal du jour and lard or Crisco. The basic model is a piece of fry bread, topped with meat, beans, lettuce, cheese and salsa.

This delight has moved into the mainstream and gone upscale. There's a place in Westminster, CO that offers several variations including versions with duck confit, pickled cactus or tequila carnitas and brussel sprout slaw. Heaven only knows what the trendy Californian and Sante Fe chefs have done to the dish. However the best remain the ones served on a paper plate three feet away from grandma -- need not be yours -- making the fry bread.

The key is a good fry bread. At the risk of being skewered and deep fried the next time I go home, the best 10-15 pieces of fry bread I've every eaten have all been made in Navajo country. Blue Bird flour, I guess. Plus I'm partial to mutton and sometimes out there, that is the delight you get on your taco. (I should warn you my cousin claims I'd eat gamey rubber bands if wrapped in a fresh corn tortilla or a piece of fry bread.)

There are three things I just can't cook: Pie crust, you could shield nuclear reactors with the stuff I make. Got to use the stuff in the box. Biscuits, hockey anyone? And fried anything. My mom hated the smell of hot oil, so she never fried anything. Consequently, I'm a nervous, fussy deep fryer. I have a lid, 5 lbs of baking soda, and a kitchen fire extinguisher on stand-by. I wear safety glasses. I think this fatally inhibits my ability to make fry bread. I make a good dough, but only if someone else fries it.
subeeds, Spiritflight and Chalako like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 09-25-2018 at 02:57 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2018, 01:01 AM   #46323
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,724.52
I"m with you on 2 out of 3 of the things you can't cook-pie crust and biscuits. A few years ago, I discovered Pilsbury frozen biscuits and those are my go to biscuits now. Another reason I like them is you don't have to whack the can on the counter to open it while scaring every breathing thing in the house with the noise. I can fry stuff though-except for fry bread. LOL!
OLChemist and Spiritflight like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2018, 04:30 AM   #46324
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. Have you read the instructions recently? You're not supposed to whack them on the counter anymore. Now, you're supposed to press a spoon on the seam. After all the contents are under pressure, you might hurt yourself.

Last edited by OLChemist; 09-25-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Old 09-26-2018, 12:32 AM   #46325
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
LOL. Have you read the instructions recently? You're not supposed to whack them on the counter anymore. Now, you're supposed to press a spoon on the seam. After all the contents are under pressure, you might hurt yourself.
Oopsie! I haven't bought canned biscuits in ages. I'm sticking with the frozen ones. That way I only risk cutting myself when I open a package with a kitchen knife when hubby absconds with my kitchen scissors. LOL!

Edited to add: I just banned some spammer who signed p with the user name "snortadderall". WTH?
OLChemist and gilisi like this.

Last edited by subeeds; 09-26-2018 at 12:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #46326
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,268.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
That way I only risk cutting myself when I open a package with a kitchen knife when hubby absconds with my kitchen scissors. LOL!

LOL, better cut with a sharp knife than with a dull scissor.

Walther cut his index finger with the scissors and that takes a lot of time too heal. He can't pull the trigger.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #46327
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
BTW, my post about the biscuits was in sarcasm font, because I think warning labels have gotten out of control.
subeeds likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:44 AM   #46328
small bead addict

Quote:
BTW, my post about the biscuits was in sarcasm font, because I think warning labels have gotten out of control.
I knew that. LOL! I have always pictured a sarcastic font as having drips coming off of the letter-as in dripping in sarcasm.
OLChemist likes this.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:42 AM   #46329
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
LOL. I love it!
subeeds likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:56 AM   #46330

Where have all the others gone who used to be here regularly? NDN insider websites?
subeeds likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #46331
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Oh wow. A colleague just showed me what looks like a stunningly dangerous belt buckle. It is a survival buckle. It has a fire starter, LED flashlight, bottle opener and a folding knife. The blade folds out right where you lift up the buckle. Call me strange, but if I were a guy, I'm not sure I'd want to knife that unfolds that near my crotch.
subeeds likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #46332
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
I am still alive but what is going on?
Old 09-28-2018, 12:47 AM   #46333
small bead addict

Quote:
Oh wow. A colleague just showed me what looks like a stunningly dangerous belt buckle. It is a survival buckle. It has a fire starter, LED flashlight, bottle opener and a folding knife. The blade folds out right where you lift up the buckle. Call me strange, but if I were a guy, I'm not sure I'd want to knife that unfolds that near my crotch.
That's for those who want a do it yourself vasectomy.
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #46334
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 78,527.39
Been a busy few weeks, which is why you all haven't seen me creep around here much lately.

My grandmom, who is 93 and of sound mind, decided she was tired of the pills and weekly transfusions and wanted to be moved into hospice so we've been busy tending to her and getting prepared for the inevitable.

On a happier note, my wife and I were out at Morongo, she danced and I worked on the webcast with Paul. It was her first time on a plane and to Cali. We also bumbled around LA and Anaheim for a few days. Ate lot's of good food, and had my yearly filling of In and Out Burger. We also splurged and ate at Lawry's Prime Rib in Beverly Hills, which was totally worth the cost, it was the best prime rib that I have ever had.

Now I'm back and the weather has been cool but raining. I kind of want to move to California but I don't know if my wife would want to go all that far from her family.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
subeeds, Spiritflight and gilisi like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #46335
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,020.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Yes but you need muscles, so that taco breakfast is better for you than just eating butter with marmelade served by a desert sand witch. Or you never be able to become a good cowboy catching a waitress's eye.
I'm to old to get Muscles and i don't intend to be a cowboy, so i stick to my bread and butter.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2018, 07:21 AM   #46336

Quote:
I'm to old to get Muscles and i don't intend to be a cowboy, so i stick to my bread and butter.
Nope, never too old for new muscles Gotta be a cowboy to catch a cow so you can make butter, the rest is all peanuts.
Chalako likes this.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #46337
small bead addict

@Toolbox-glad you guys enjoyed your vacation. I don't know if I could handle living in Cali. The Earth has a habit of moving and shaking a little too much for me. LOL! I was outside L.A. visiting friends once and there was a small quake around 4.0. I freaked and kept waiting for "the big one". I enjoyed my visit but was glad to get on the plane and off the ground when it was time to leave.
Spiritflight likes this.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #46338
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 58,958.33
Hey errybody.

I will have a strong coffee please. Hope all is well. We are enjoying some cooler weather in Cali, high of 73 today, smells like rain. I'm working on my rig, working on the house too. Yesterday at work I tried some jerky covered in carolina reaper peppers. I did fine with it, even ate a few pieces, until about 6 hours later I woke up. Felt like the time I ate one too many hot links LOL. I like the flavor of peppers, and as a result I've become accustomed to the heat. Those reapers are a bit ridiculous though. My 10 year old was practicing yesterday, hit all the stops! He's looking goot! He said he hit 2 of them on accident LOL.
Drum group is practicing tonight, but I think Imma flake. First rain is down and its an hour 1 way on highway 99 to get there. I can practice from home. Neighbors love it LOL.
subeeds likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #46339
Signal Corps

LOL, you can have my coffee. It is too late for coffee now. I need some sleep.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #46340
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,020.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Hey errybody.

I will have a strong coffee please. Hope all is well. We are enjoying some cooler weather in Cali, high of 73 today, smells like rain. I'm working on my rig, working on the house too. Yesterday at work I tried some jerky covered in carolina reaper peppers. I did fine with it, even ate a few pieces, until about 6 hours later I woke up. Felt like the time I ate one too many hot links LOL. I like the flavor of peppers, and as a result I've become accustomed to the heat. Those reapers are a bit ridiculous though. My 10 year old was practicing yesterday, hit all the stops! He's looking goot! He said he hit 2 of them on accident LOL.
Drum group is practicing tonight, but I think Imma flake. First rain is down and its an hour 1 way on highway 99 to get there. I can practice from home. Neighbors love it LOL.
I have no clue what your ten year old is practicing.

Is that drum group Indian drums for a Pow Wow?
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links