Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #46441

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 12,256.12
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Ich habe zwei yahren Deutsche gelernt aber Ich habe alles vergessen.
Not all forgotten... hm..? English is easier to learn. Where are you from?
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #46442
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,735.76
Nicht alles vergessen as it seems.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #46443
Old Dancer

ches is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 997.06
Bowling Green, Kentucky now. Born in Dixon, Kentucky mostly scotch Irish maybe German and French and a little native american
Spiritflight likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2018, 04:47 AM   #46444

Quote:
Bowling Green, Kentucky now. Born in Dixon, Kentucky mostly scotch Irish maybe German and French and a little native american
Nice, all I know about Kentucky is the Kentucky fried chicken chain which had or still have a branch where I live. That's the only place having had free refills. Not been there in a long time. I used to like chicken meat a lot but since I once tried to roast a typical chicken for soups, the smell of it... terrible, never try to roast a soup chicken. That was a couple of years ago and since I can't really enjoy eating chicken anymore. B.t.w. the soup chicken was fresh but I learned, not suitable for roasting or grilling. And which native american tribe are you counting yourself into I may ask?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:52 AM   #46445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
Nicht alles vergessen as it seems.
Would be a good idea for ches to keep german language up, I guess, oder nicht? Having at least two native germans here to chat with? Ich glaube, early ancestors of my father's side must have been polish or russian. Since all my family is not alive anymore I once began to search for my roots. Und wie ist es bei Dir?
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #46446
Old Dancer

Do not know tribe. Looking into family history. Over 50% of Kentuckians say, “my grandmother was full blooded Cherokee”. or they may say great grandmother. Wonder how far distant your tribal history is in the past from Poland and Russia. Germans were still tribal when the Romans were “civilized” killing the Christians.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #46447
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,735.76
Good Idea to keep up with two "Germans" to chat a little bit German.

LOL, I know for sure that the "real" Germans are thin in my family.

May be, if the records would go so far, I might find a "Roman" anchestor form somewhere within the Roman empire. LOL.

Look at my profil, there you find the larger part of my "tribal" ancestors.

Even today there are "tribes" in Germany. You find a pert of the tribes in the names of todays "Bundesländer"
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 AM   #46448

Quote:
Do not know tribe. Looking into family history. Over 50% of Kentuckians say, “my grandmother was full blooded Cherokee”. or they may say great grandmother. Wonder how far distant your tribal history is in the past from Poland and Russia. Germans were still tribal when the Romans were “civilized” killing the Christians.
Back in time people kept wandering around a lot in central europe. I think it's called central Europe. And country borders changed a lot in history. I wonder if people having had the same surname back in the 1500's years are related somehow or if that rare surname occured independently from one another in different parts of europe. I was able to trace the existence of that name back to the 1500's. That tribe you talk about may be the Germanen. Part of the germans where the Teutonians and some people say todays country name Deutschland stems from the Teutonians. But that subject was never interesting to me. Are you going to look further into your native american ancestry?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #46449
Old Dancer

Lightbulb History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Back in time people kept wandering around a lot in central europe. I think it's called central Europe. And country borders changed a lot in history. I wonder if people having had the same surname back in the 1500's years are related somehow or if that rare surname occured independently from one another in different parts of europe. I was able to trace the existence of that name back to the 1500's. That tribe you talk about may be the Germanen. Part of the germans where the Teutonians and some people say todays country name Deutschland stems from the Teutonians. But that subject was never interesting to me. Are you going to look further into your native american ancestry?
Just starting with “family search.org”. It is free. Gotten back to great great great grandmother. Changing the subject: Anglo Saxon the angles and the saxons were from Deutschland so a lot of Britain names are German.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #46450
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 58,656.27
Chuy, I may be back for a decent dinner.

I took a mental health PTO day after riding out this round failed refrigerated chemical storage. The new explosion proof fridge was installed yesterday. (No more dry ice, yippie.). So, I celebrated by stay home and cleaning my freezer, LOL.

Now, I am trying to make a casserole with 3/4's of a bag of frozen potatoes O'Brien, a bag of frozen broccoli, a cup of leftover ham, a can of cheddar broccoli soup and some shredded cheese. My mom could pull this off, especially if Curtis was calling from the bus station announcing he was in town. Me, not so much. This could be good or really gross. As it's still cooking, the jury is out. Good or bad, it will be ugly supper, LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2018, 04:37 AM   #46451

In the news they say, potatoes are going to become expensive and also the beloved french fries because of this years summer drought potatoes couldn't grow well. And for next year they are not having that vast amount of potatoe seeds. Everything is so expensive these days. And a couple of years ago when I had to get a new microwave it imploded when I was trying out the grill and I was scared, them flames in there. I took it back and got my money back, but the scare stays.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #46452
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch! Exploding microwaves are not good.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:53 AM   #46453

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Ouch! Exploding microwaves are not good.
Right. It was imploding actually. Flames in the inside and everything was burned. I managed to pull the plug from the wall. But it happened a few years ago, still frightening experience.

I hope you all had a good weekend.
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #46454
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,102.94
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Chuy, I may be back for a decent dinner.

Now, I am trying to make a casserole with 3/4's of a bag of frozen potatoes O'Brien, a bag of frozen broccoli, a cup of leftover ham, a can of cheddar broccoli soup and some shredded cheese. My mom could pull this off, especially if Curtis was calling from the bus station announcing he was in town. Me, not so much. This could be good or really gross. As it's still cooking, the jury is out. Good or bad, it will be ugly supper, LOL.
I'm not coming to dinner tonight.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Today, 05:58 PM   #46455
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
It actually was OK. Kind of cheesy potatoes with broccoli and a touch of ham. Not company dinner, but good enough for a cold day.

Tonight I need to whip my fanny into gear. I need to make pumpkin bread and cranberry bread. I got the breakfast for the week task for the beach house trip. And all of those are not hurt by a trip into the freezer, so I can make them early.
Sponsored Links