Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree9746Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #46521
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 61,219.75
Savings: 0.00
I've been down on the coast. As much as I dislike snow on the roads, I do have trouble finding the Christmas spirit when it's 70F and I'm fighting mosquitoes.

Santa was good to me. I got a Smith Handi-Heat acetylene torch under the tree. I think my UPS guy would get a retroactive hernia if he knew he had carried an empty b-tank up the stairs, lol.

The builders were supposed to take out the ailing pecan tree that overhangs the site for the studio (and my roof and my neighbor's roof). They rescheduled into the new year. This moves pouring the slab into Jan. I'm not hopeful that we'll get two days that stay above 40F. Cross your fingers for me.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #46522
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,272.89
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
I'm not hopeful that we'll get two days that stay above 40F. Cross your fingers for me.
I do always for you.

I got a workbasket for a lot of my beadwork supplies which comes in handy.

To all my friends here, stay safe and have a woderful year 2019.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #46523
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
I'm not hopeful that we'll get two days that stay above 40F. Cross your fingers for me.
I do always for you.

I got a workbasket for a lot of my beadwork supplies which comes in handy.

To all my friends here, stay safe and have a wonderful year 2019.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 12-31-2018, 08:48 AM   #46524

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 13,023.14
It'a always amazing how some people pre-judge other people without knowing them in real for real. It'a also amazing how some people compare the grief and agony some people have with other peoples grief and agony and then decide which grief or agony may be worse, so to tell the one with presumingly less pain, look what are you complaining for, other people having it much worse than you. Of course there's always someone having it worse, so? Would it make my own hurt less painful? No. And if you are feeling sorry for yourself, good on you! At least you show that you care and have a feeling for your own needs. And since I am alone and bored on this NYE I just felt like writing this or something anyway. At least the TV-Programm tonite is worthwhile unlike all the other days of the year! Too many violent TV-films in my country. There is enough violence in the world already, no need for actors acting in violent TV-movies and documentaries. A happy New Year for all those having to spend the year change alone, I mean really alone, single and alone at home. And of course a Happy New Year for everyone else as well!
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2018, 07:14 PM   #46525
Signal Corps

Happy new Year.

LOL, more "Feinstaub" than by traffic.

Stay healthy otherwise would be bad.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #46526
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,669.19
Went to Louisville with son-in-law. Look at cowhide wholesale for his after hours leather business. I bought him some leather embossing dies and handle. I got a reindeer hide to keep warm. Very soft hide and hair fine and thick. It almost wraps lengthwise around my shoulders about down to my waist. White with some dark hairs in places. From Norway. Around Christmas when the kids ask him what it is, he says , “deer” After a month from Christmas, he tells the kids it is reindeer lol. I guess reindeer is not very pow Wow kosher, but I think things change with regalia. We have an old guy that dances old fashioned fancy dance. No shirt and just a back bustle, I think. He dances different too. I love the old ways and hope I can learn some of them.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #46527
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Happy New Years all!
Old 01-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #46528
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
I got a great blessing today. I got on “family search” and traced back through Margaret Elizabeth Tudor to David brown 1771 death his wife was listed as “Elizabeth ‘cherokee’ “ it is a family tree and not documented at all. The ancestry number did not pull up anything. If it pans out, then my great great great great great great grand mother (nokomtha) was Cherokee tribe. May not seem much to you’uns, but I am not looking for tribal enrollment. It helps me explain why I talk to trees.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:49 AM   #46529
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,642.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
I am old school I do use ATM WITH MY CARD, but never use it in a store. Please explain to me what happens to you. How do they mess up your card?
We have yet to figure that part out. Some people have some sort of thing that can scan cards while they are being used or in your wallet. So, I bought RFID blocker envelopes for our cards. Some card reader machines are rigged to scan cards. Each time this has happened to us, it's been after we have been at the same Flash Foods store. It's a busy store by the interstate, so we can't figure if it's a customer, or an employee up to no good. The bank says crooks can get your number, and make a copy of the card, or just use the number. got it all taken care of at the bank on Fri., though. This time my card has a chip in it. They say that makes it harder to duplicate.

So far, 2019 has pretty much sucked. Our dog died today, and he took a big chunk of my heart with him.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 AM   #46530
Signal Corps

He is still in your heart and lives on through that.

Knocking on wood, that such a thing doesn't happen to me with the credit card. That is why I like real money in coins and notes though the question is, if that money has much value. Yeah, you can buy a lot of stuff for it but there are values you never can buy through money and those matter more.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 AM   #46531
Signal Corps

Quote:
May not seem much to you’uns, but I am not looking for tribal enrollment. It helps me explain why I talk to trees.
May you don't need to be an ndn to talk to trees. I like to talk to the "Kamerun" sheep of a nearby farmer. They are his green keeper and like to be fondled and feed with fresh bread. LOL.

And I wish I would understand the ravens who seem to talk to me in the early morning but I don't understand.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 01-02-2019 at 03:05 AM..
Old 01-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #46532
Old Dancer

Subeeds I know your family dog will be missed. I hear a lot that people say they do not want another pet. Now is not the time to think about that. If I can remember, in about three months, I will mention to you about a pet. God bless you. Maneto our creator made that dog.
subeeds likes this.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #46533
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 81,200.91
Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break. I think I only used my laptop twice over the whole break and didn't mess around on the net all that much either. Kept myself busy with plaster work in my house, parties, family in town for almost a week, and some lacrosse. Now to work off all of the food I consumed.
subeeds likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2019, 01:53 AM   #46534
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,642.02
Quote:
Subeeds I know your family dog will be missed. I hear a lot that people say they do not want another pet. Now is not the time to think about that. If I can remember, in about three months, I will mention to you about a pet. God bless you. Maneto our creator made that dog.
Ches, our dogs have always found us. Sparky was o exception. He came into our lives about 6 months after our golden had died. He lived down the road and wasn't cared for, so he ran away and came to us. With the exception of a puppy we gout our son when he was little, that's the way it's always been. A mistreated dog, somebody moving and couldn't keep their dog, we just seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. Here's a link to Sparky's story if anyone wants to read it. https://subeeds.wordpress.com/2008/07/12/got-a-dog/

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2019, 03:22 AM   #46535
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Hang in there, subeeds. I sympathize. I was heart broken when Cobalt, my first Siamese princess, had to be put to sleep.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #46536
Old Dancer

Cool Great story

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Ches, our dogs have always found us. Sparky was o exception. He came into our lives about 6 months after our golden had died. He lived down the road and wasn't cared for, so he ran away and came to us. With the exception of a puppy we gout our son when he was little, that's the way it's always been. A mistreated dog, somebody moving and couldn't keep their dog, we just seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. Here's a link to Sparky's story if anyone wants to read it. https://subeeds.wordpress.com/2008/07/12/got-a-dog/
Had a big reply typed and touched the screen and lost it.
We gave rescued a lot of dogs and cats. Sue says that God gives them your address. We have had cats stolen and another one disappeared. For a long time and animal crossing ntrol caught her a few blocks from us with a collar on!
Old 01-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #46537
Old Dancer

Anyone have a recipe for “Three sister’s soup”? I want a simple one. I live a spartan life.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #46538
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
There are several thousand recipes for three sisters soup and few hundred more three sisters and some in-laws, LOL.

Here are links to a few:

First Nations Development Institute's recipe

Chickasaw Nation website's recipe

These I've tried and enjoyed:

Simple this one is not. But, very good.

Tacobe's recipe

This recipe makes an epic quantity, but can be halved. To save time on the roasting and pureeing of the squash, I've cheated and used canned pumpkin or frozen butternut squash puree.

Mazopiya Market's recipe
Old 01-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #46539
Old Dancer

Thank you. The Chickasaw sounds easy. I am going to try that instead of I got online. It reminds me of looking for fry bread recipes and finding tons of recipes.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:09 AM   #46540
Head Dancer

Items Treasure ChestPresentDolphin
Tsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Tsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeTsalagi_Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,960.56
Hope everyone had a good New Year.

I know I haven't been as active in the past year or so. The past two years have brought a lot of change for me. Hope everyone has been well.
Spiritflight likes this.

And look, a Stitch smiley!
Tsalagi_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links