Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10432Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #46601
Old Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,931.39
Savings: 0.00
Drove 4 plus hours to gravesite to take pics and go to monument place in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Chose a very Shawnee flowery-leafy spray wrapped around a cross for my stone and a curled up cat for Sue’s stone which they will go on and place her’s. Went past Skunk Hollow and Dripping Spring ha ha.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2019, 02:19 AM   #46602
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,021.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Well, I have mostly finished my design. I need transfer it to the silver.

Ever since they changed the solvent in US rubber cement formulations to n-heptane, it no longer sticks tracing paper to metal well enough to survive the drilling and sawing. I have to scan my sketches and print them on Avery label sheets. That sticks but you have to pray the toner doesn't rub off before you finish cutting. I want to everything ready tonight, so I can go to the lapidary club shop and work all day tomorrow.

The contractors are supposed to start the framing on my studio tomorrow. I need to be out of the driveway, so they can deliver the lumber and roofing materials at 9am. They claim the big delays now will the waiting for all the inspections. Hopefully, by April I'll have my home for the my torch -- um -- my studio done, and I won't have to drive across town to solder.
I couldn't resist. You know we will want pics as the studio progresses, too. Tomorrow is my appointment for a physical therapy evaluation. I'm thinking it's going to involve a cortisone shot in my shoulder-one of a few to come. That's fine, at least it's getting something going. I hope they don't put me on a 10 day course of steroids again. They did when my other shoulder messed up. Steroids make me meaner than usual. LOL! The weather down here has been quite spring like, pollen and all. I just love it when my car turns yellow.
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2019, 02:39 AM   #46603
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 15,236.39
A pray that you don't get more than the minimum necessary of cortisone. LOL, I got once thicker when got a dose of that.

Spring is coming slowly and yeah, I will have to sneeze a lot than.

Is that yellow by rapeseed? There are regions over here where we have large fields of raps turning the landscape yellow. When pollen are flying, it's getting even more yellow. (Large in Germany may be small by your standards).
subeeds likes this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #46604
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,340.46
@, I hope your shoulder does better. Junkyard dog mean, huh? Use your power for good :)

I have no pictures. They'd be sad anyway.

Apparently, I'm on the "oh, this is just a little job; we'll work on it during slack times" schedule. If they're only going to work on it 1/2 a day a week, it will be July before it's done. The framing isn't finished. There is no roof on the thing. It has rained inside it, 4-5 times already. They didn't put the blocking along one wall for securing a folding workbench and the gas cylinder rack, like I asked.

We're going to have the coldest night of the winter on Sunday -- 20F. There is a water pipe in the unfinished wall. The in-ground cutoff is off, but I can't get at the temporary valve to drain the line. I think the pipe is HDPE. Say a prayer.

As for the necklace. I didn't get over to the studio that weekend and this last weekend, was shop cleanup. It's going to rain Saturday into Sunday morning. The parking lot will be inched deep in water and mud. Then it's supposed to be wicked cold on Sunday afternoon. I doubt I'll get to work this weekend.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #46605
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
More prayers, yes. Lot of reasons for more prayers.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:29 AM   #46606
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
A pray that you don't get more than the minimum necessary of cortisone. LOL, I got once thicker when got a dose of that.

Spring is coming slowly and yeah, I will have to sneeze a lot than.

Is that yellow by rapeseed? There are regions over here where we have large fields of raps turning the landscape yellow. When pollen are flying, it's getting even more yellow. (Large in Germany may be small by your standards).
The yellow is from pine, oak, assorted other trees, and an assortment of blooming grasses and wild flowers.

I officially started PT Monday. It's not pleasant, but I didn't expect it to be. LOL! I will go twice a week and hopefully in about 3 weeks I will start to see some improvement. No cortisone yet. I've had it before in the other shoulder, and it was fine.

OL, sounds like you need to get on your contractor to at least get the roof on. It's cold here too right now. Wind chill is supposed to be in the 20s in the morning. Brrr! It's good training for me I guess. In 2 weeks, we hare headed to Northern Indiana to visit the kiddo and his family. He lives 2 blocks off of Lake Michigan. Just where I want to be when Mother Nature can't decide if she wants to torture those poor folks with more winter or let them have spring. We wouldn't go so early in the year except that's when he put in for his vacation. Next time he can come see us. He wants us to see where he works, and his house. He's 32, but he's still my baby, so his dad and I are going up there. The things we do for our kids. ROFL!
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #46607
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Have a good trip. Lebanon, Indiana, outside of Indianapolis has a pow wow April 6th. Those Hoosiers are great. Cleaning Sue’s junk that I do not want. Big job. I got two extra trash cans and this will take more than a year. In the old days, you would burn it out back. Now, all that I burn is limbs when they pile up a lot. Two nights here were 15 F degrees. I don’t think we have but one more night of 32 F degrees.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #46608
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
He's 32, but he's still my baby, so his dad and I are going up there. The things we do for our kids. ROFL!
:) Mother speaking. You can get a hundred years but you always still be mothers baby.

We shall be grateful to our grandmothers and mothers and shall not forget the "grand"fathers but mothers are the soul.
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #46609
Old Dancer

Shawnee mothers nikiaki. fathers nothaki. Grandmothers nokomthaki. Grandfathers. Nimethomthaki
Old 03-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #46610
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take kinship terms for 200...

Lakota:
Uŋči: grandmother.
Tȟuŋkašila: grandfather (Káka or Lála).

Iná: mother and her sisters (sometimes Inála, Iná čik'ala).
Até: father and his brothers (sometimes Atéla).
Lekši: uncle -- mother's brothers and mother's male cross cousins only.
Lekšla: uncle -- father's sister's husbands and father's female cross cousins's husbands.
Tȟuŋwiŋ: aunt -- father's sisters only.
Tȟuŋwiŋla: aunt -- wives of father's or mother's brothers.

Čhuŋkš, Čhuŋkši: daughter.
Čhuŋkšila: neice -- male speaker's brother's daughters or female speaker's sister's daughters.
Tȟuŋžáŋ: neice -- male speaker's nieces not called Čhuŋkš or Čhuŋkšila.
Tȟožáŋ: neice -- female speaker's nieces not called Čhuŋkš or Čhuŋkšila.
Čhiŋkš, Čhiŋkši: son.
Čhiŋkšila: nephew -- male speaker's brother's sons or female speaker's sister's sons.
Tȟuŋšká: nephew -- male speaker's nieces not called Čhiŋkš or Čhiŋkšila.

Tȟakóža: grandchild.

Čhiŋyé: male speaker's older brother -- sons of all kin called Até or Iná.
Misúŋka, Misúŋ, Misúŋkala: younger brother -- sons of all kin called Até or Iná.
Thibló: female speaker's older brother -- sons of all kin called Até or Iná.
Tȟaŋké: male speaker's older sister -- daughters of all kin called Até or Iná.
Tȟaŋkší: male speaker's younger sister -- daughters of all kin called Até or Iná.
Čhuwé: female speaker's older sister -- daughters of all kin called Até or Iná.
Mitȟaŋ: my younger sister, female speaker (Nitȟaŋ - your... tȟaŋkáku -- their...) -- daughters of all kin called Até or Iná.

Yes, I had to play with my new font.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 03-10-2019 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Opps, mother not sister.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #46611
Old Dancer

I like this, but don’t know how to punch tge “like” button
Old 03-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #46612
Old Dancer

Wonderful weather. No rain and almost 60 degrees in south central kentucky. Went target shooting. Great to get out of town.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #46613
Signal Corps

rain, storm clouds enough.

At Roetgen near Aachen they had a small tornado.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #46614
Old Dancer

Lot of wind. Will get some rain regnen pleut
Old 03-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #46615
Signal Corps

No weather to send the dog out.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #46616
Old Dancer

“Not fit weather for man nor beast.” quote W. C. Fields conedian and drunk.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #46617
Old Dancer

“Patriot Post 3/14/2019”
A Native American tribe in Alabama has donated $184,000 to help cover the funeral costs of the 23 people killed by powerful tornadoes that hit a small town in Alabama last week."

"'This disaster occurred so quickly and affected so many families who had no way to prepare to cover the cost to put their loved ones to rest,' Stephanie Bryan, CEO and chairman of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians, told ABC News. 'We live in an area that is prone to tornadoes and other natural disasters, so this a tragedy that strikes close to home in many, many ways.'"

"Bryan said that Lee County Coroner Bill Harris reached out to the tribe for financial aid in the aftermath of the tornadoes. Beauregard, a small town within Lee County, was torn apart by two tornadoes on March 3. Initially, the tribe had agreed to donate $50,000, but Harris said it wasn't enough, Harris told ABC News."

"[The tribe] said, 'Tell us what it would take to cover all of it,' Harris told ABC News. 'I told them [$184,000] and they said, 'Fine.'"
subeeds likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:51 AM   #46618
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
I like this, but don’t know how to punch tge “like” button
Just move the cursor over it, and "click."

Pretty much covers what's happening here. LOL! Trying to get everything together so we can leave either Thurs. night of early Fri. morning. Trying to avoid hitting Atlanta at any peak time. I've decided that as long as it doesn't snow wile we are up there, I'll be fine-cold, but fine.
OLChemist likes this.

Last edited by subeeds; 03-20-2019 at 02:53 AM..
Old 03-20-2019, 05:21 AM   #46619
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Oh man, do I remember when the live oaks in Houston pollenated. Back in grad school I had a blue Chevy Citation, which was followed by a tow truck and two vultures. It would turn green for about a week every spring.
subeeds likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #46620
Old Dancer

I do not know how to push the “like” button neither.
Sponsored Links