Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10407Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #46861
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,211.02
Savings: 0.00
Chuy, Beachside Crunch please.... (*Rose drags her Siamese brat off the keyboard.*)

Pray for me folks. I ran out of cat treats. I've been to three groceries today and they're out of Beachside Crunch cat treats. I've rushed the Chewy order, but that will still not get here until Tues.

These are kitty crack. My Siamese is an addict. The brat announces her desire for treats by shredding any convenient piece of paper, chewing the covers on books, knocking bric-a-brac off the shelves, biting my ankles, jumping four feet in the air to attack a cradleboard hanging on the wall.... I've given her chicken lunchmeat, pieces of my steak.... I've tried distracting her with the laser pointer, the feather snake, even getting Olivia to chase the laser pointer so Ishtato can chase Olivia.

So far today she's torn the dust covers off two books in the bookshelves, chewed a hole in the electric bill, broken a ceramic figurine, and ripped three hawk bells off my cradle board. All while using her melodious voice to sing the song of her people. After the cradleboard, she got locked in the guest bath while I sewed the bells back on. I haven't figured out if it was a time out or protective custody, LOL.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2019, 09:35 PM   #46862
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,776.33
Nothing has a meowww like a Siamese. Sounds like you have an outside cat to me. Try Shawnee and call her howesha pooshetha good cat.
subeeds likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 AM   #46863
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,506.78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Nothing has a meowww like a Siamese. Sounds like you have an outside cat to me. Try Shawnee and call her howesha pooshetha good cat.
So true. Siamese have a unique ability to sing the song of their people while sounding like they are dying at the same time. LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2019, 04:52 AM   #46864
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
I was granted a one evening reprieve.

I leave my porch lights on all night. This draws bugs. The bugs draw lizards. The lizards lurk all over the door frame, around the top of the door. If you open the door too fast and step through without waiting, lizards will fall on your head. When they hit the floor, there's a fifty fifty chance that they'll run inside.

My cats worship at the alter of the falling lizard. When I open the door to go to work, Olivia and Ishtato sit in rapt attention waiting for reptiles from the sky.

This morning a rather large specimen fell on my shoulder and then into the living room. Before it had even recovered from the fall, it was chased into a crack in the hearth brickwork. When I came home 10 hours later, the Siamese brat and the three-legged kitten were still taking turns crouching in front of the crack. When they took a break from lizard watch, to register their displeasure with my dinner of taco salad that contained nothing for which a self-respecting cat would even beg, the lizard made a dash for the door.

It made it halfway before the Ishtato got it. She spent a half an hour delicately carrying it around in her mouth, with Olivia bobbing along at her side. It was two hours before one or the other of them finally killed it. I suppose I ought to have had some sympathy for the poor beast that was spending its final hours on earth contemplating cat tonsils and taken it away. But, the break from the wail of the treat deprived cat was a delight. I'm sure it will get its revenge when I step on the missing tail fragment.
subeeds, Toolbox and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #46865

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 15,103.18
Ain't no sunshine - Michael Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHv9o91oNbE
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2019, 02:24 PM   #46866
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
This morning the evil ones -- uh -- the cats gave me a heart attack.

I have a bad habit of throwing throwing the next load of laundry on the floor against the door of a small closet in the hallway, while waiting for the prior load to finish. The cats love to lay in the dirty clothes. This morning, I was going to throw the laundry into the washer before going to work. But, the cats had pushed back the clothes in one small area, exposing part of the crack under the closet door.

First, Ishtato would bend down, sniff or poke and leap back. Then Olivia would sidle up, peer in and then dart away. I watched a few rounds of this, thinking of the recent news stories about rattlesnakes in folks houses.

This leads one -- at least us city born wimps -- to a bit of a quandary. Do you want to move the laundry and expose the snake now. Or do you want to wait and hope it will go away, knowing that in fact you will just have a snake at large in your house.

After a rather lengthy interval, I lured the cats into my bedroom and locked them up. I put on my snow boots, got the high power work light, stuffed towels under all the hall doors, got the 7' pole with a hook that I use to get the bird feeders down from the eves of my house, and poised my thumb over the 911 speed dial on my cell phone. Gingerly, I pulled back my laundry. No rattle. No slither. Nothing.

I shone the light into the corners and the gap under the door. With my three feet short of a ten foot pole shook out each piece of laundry. Even checked behind me -- those snakes are sneaky. Finally, I opened the closet door and started fishing tool boxes and cleaning products out of the bottom of the closet with my stick.... Then I saw it. A 3" long, 1/16" wide thread of shiny blue Mylar, from one of the brat's cat toys, caught on a nail in the floor and wiggling in the breeze from the AC.
subeeds and Toolbox like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-31-2019 at 02:45 PM..
Old 07-31-2019, 09:19 PM   #46867
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Funny. Sounds like you did the smart thing. I have an oogly stick to catch snakes in the wild. Not one of those little snake handler metal rods. It is a big ash handle 4 feet long with a horizontal bar on the end. You can turn over rocks with it. I do not disturb the environment that way though.
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #46868
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,766.96
Savings: 1.00
dang chemmy u got a whole lotta patience. I woulda put em all out the first time they caused any kind of chaos goooollllllyyyyy

whats yall friday nite looking like? Im just chillin at home. Bout to open up a window. Was humid today hopefully it cooled down some now that its nitetime
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #46869
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
They're my spoiled babies. I put up with a ton from them. It is actually better now that I have the studio. Ishtato (the brat) has to be in the middle of everything I do. This was stressfully and dangerous when my jeweler's bench was inside. Now the cat and the fire are separated.

The brat has had a bad week. The Chewy order is delayed. But, yesterday, Amazon delivered two 20oz tubs of Beachside crunch. Peace in our time. At the moment, Ishtato is sleeping in the pantry on the shelf in front of the jars, standing guard.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #46870
Old Dancer

Due to being sick May and June and gradual recovery. I missed Pow Wows Dayton, OH and English, IN now am stronger and going to Jefferson City, TN this Saturday. Got to dance everyday and do weights this week. Getting some of the muscles that I lost back. Still no bustle or bells.
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #46871
Old Dancer

Cleaning up and throwing away a lot of Sue’s junk, I found a nice 3.5 x 6.5 x 4.5 walnut dovetailed box. Out cat, Katelyn’s cremashes. Sur did not want to bury them. I guess I will intere them in the backyard. I think that American longhair blonde, the daughter of a calico American long hair that we rescued and was later stolen, was about 18 years old. Well, enough rambling. I do not know where everyone is lately.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #46872
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,766.96
Savings: 1.00
Could really go for a burger and an ice cold brew right about now. Been a pretty cool monday had a couple scattered showers. The ice cream truck aint came around today lol
subeeds likes this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2019, 02:55 AM   #46873

Meat is going to get more expensive because of climate change.
Spiritual welfare volunteer told me it's okay to always lose and it's no problem to be a loser.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #46874
Old Dancer

Seems warmer climes where it was cold before would grow more grass to feed more animals.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #46875

No more flash supported games in Arcades? No longer Mahjong Connect?

https://www.blog.google/products/chr...-flash-chrome/

Old 08-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #46876
Old Dancer

Nice pow wow Saturday Jefferson City, Tennessee. Heart was warned during Gran Entry when I looked around and saw 20 young kids with me in the arena all dressed in regalia. The three year old boy that danced in the toddler contest could DANCE!!! There was a pretty girl that danced fancy and did not have a shawl, but carried a scarf. Dumb me. She explained to me that she was dancing old style. So, I learned something and watched old style on you tube. I was gonna n central time, or, at least my stomach was, and went to the food concession. They were closing cause it was later on eastern time. I bought about 20 all beef hot dogs for 5 bucks and a bag of fry bread 4 pieces I think for a dollar. They were good.
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #46877
Tiny Tot Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,639.77
Quote:
Nice pow wow Saturday Jefferson City, Tennessee. Heart was warned during Gran Entry when I looked around and saw 20 young kids with me in the arena all dressed in regalia. The three year old boy that danced in the toddler contest could DANCE!!! There was a pretty girl that danced fancy and did not have a shawl, but carried a scarf. Dumb me. She explained to me that she was dancing old style. So, I learned something and watched old style on you tube. I was gonna n central time, or, at least my stomach was, and went to the food concession. They were closing cause it was later on eastern time. I bought about 20 all beef hot dogs for 5 bucks and a bag of fry bread 4 pieces I think for a dollar. They were good.
It's been a long time since i was here.

What is " regalia"?

20 hot dogs for five bucks, that's cheep.Over here you have to pay 3€ for one hot dog.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #46878
Old Dancer

Well, go to “thepeopleofthehuntingground.com”. On the left is the menu. Hit. “pau wau”
etiquette. The short story is a dancer’s dress you call “ regalia”. It is not uniform, costume, dressup, duds, getup etc. Go up to a nicely dressed dancer and say, “I like your regalia”
Old 08-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #46879
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
I bought about 20 all beef hot dogs...
Is anyone else remembering the old joke about the two Cheyenne guys on relocation? Glad you clarified the all beef part, LOL.
wardancer likes this.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #46880
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Chuy, I'm craving a fried spam and American cheese sandwich....
Sponsored Links