Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10555Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #47081
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 15,560.72
Savings: 0.00
Punching holes in paper tomorrow and may be knocking down steel plates.

We will see if it is enough fun.
OLChemist likes this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #47082
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,468.57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
OL I been thinking about Western Ky University. How might I find out if there are any “of the PEOPLE” going to Western? I would like to ask them out for a meal on me and encourage them in their academic endeavors.
If they have a chapter of NASA or AISES, you might contact them. In light of security concerns in modern campus culture, you might offer to buy pizza or snacks for one of their meetings.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #47083
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,191.28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
If they have a chapter of NASA or AISES, you might contact them. In light of security concerns in modern campus culture, you might offer to buy pizza or snacks for one of their meetings.
That’s a great idea. It would be much more secure. I will get in touch with those organizations and ask them about WKU.
OLChemist and subeeds like this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #47084
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
OK. AISES has an email. I could not find anything for NASA
Old 12-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #47085
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Also, the trash collectors are incredibly careless with the wheelie bins especially near our vehicles since we park out back.

I swear the guys in the trash trucks with the robot arms have a point system:

Five points for dropping it on a car parked in the street (an additional 5 style points if you can drop it into the bed of a pickup).

Ten for dropping the bin squarely in the opening of the driveway, 25ft from where the bin was placed for pickup, forcing the returning homeowner to stop traffic while they clear their driveway.

Fifteen for dropping it in the middle of street, so it can be hit by the trash truck making the pass down the other side of the street.

Fifteen for hitting a car in the driveway (an additional 5 style points if it is with the bin from a different house).

You catch the golden snitch, if you manage to improperly grasp the bin and fling it over the top of the truck, spilling the trash in the street or onto a passing car.)
subeeds and Toolbox like this.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #47086
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Native American Student Association chapters are less formal. You'll have to contact them at a local level.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #47087
Old Dancer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by olchemist View Post
i swear the guys in the trash trucks with the robot arms have a point system:

Five points for dropping it on a car parked in the street (an additional 5 style points if you can drop it into the bed of a pickup).

Ten for dropping the bin squarely in the opening of the driveway, 25ft from where the bin was placed for pickup, forcing the returning homeowner to stop traffic while they clear their driveway.

Fifteen for dropping it in the middle of street, so it can be hit by the trash truck making the pass down the other side of the street.

Fifteen for hitting a car in the driveway (an additional 5 style points if it is with the bin from a different house).

You catch the golden snitch, if you manage to improperly grasp the bin and fling it over the top of the truck, spilling the trash in the street or onto a passing car.)
ches likes this howesha
Old 12-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #47088
Old Dancer

Quote:
Native American Student Association chapters are less formal. You'll have to contact them at a local level.
OK. Thanks niawe I will have to go to admin and ask
Old 12-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #47089
Old Dancer

Mmmmm Pepperidge Farms 15 grain bread. Just eat it plain by itself. Better for you that way.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #47090
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,531.36
Yep, a french fry shortage, and potato shortage in general due to either drought in some areas, or flooding in others.

We don't grow potatoes around here, but would currently fall into the flooding aspect. We got 2 inches of rain last night, and by "sunrise" Sat. we are supposed to get 2 more. Anybody got a boat I can borrow? LOL! It isn't raining right now, but we've got fog that could rival London.
OLChemist likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #47091
Junior Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 2,105.19
Quote:
All this talk of french fries has made me hungry. I'll take some nice crispy fries, please.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

I'm getting a wasp's nest removed from inside a wall of my house tomorrow morning. A relief for me, but probably not fun for the wasps. Hopefully, there won't be too many ticked off, homeless wasps hanging around in yard by the afternoon. I want to work in my studio
In Belgium the fire departmend comes to remove wasp nests when you call them.You have to pay them ofcourse.

Toolbox, i did'nt know buffalo's had wings...lol.
OLChemist likes this.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #47092
Old Dancer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalako View Post
In Belgium the fire departmend comes to remove wasp nests when you call them.You have to pay them ofcourse.

They do not fly well.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #47093
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
In America everything's a business, LOL. There are even companies you can hire to clean up biohazard accidents, like decomposing corpses from unattended deaths, or murder or suicide scenes (after the police have finished).

I used a wildlife and bee removal service for this. The vehicle they used was only slightly more discrete than Ecto-1 in Ghostbusters!

It was slime green SUV with an advertising wrap featuring a giant, deranged looking raccoon and a three foot long wasp in a gun sight. The back was full of pheromone baits for rodents. After it had been parked for half an hour, it was surrounded by every cat on this end of the block! Picasso, a neighbor's cat, was serenading it at the top of his lungs.

Since they left, all my neighbor's have stopped by to find out what animal I had removed.

Quote:
It depends on how sauced they are.

(For our non-English speaking friends. "Sauced" can be a slang term for drunk. Buffalo style chicken wings are served with a spicy sauce. Hence, the really feeble joke.)
Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #47094
Old Dancer

As we say in Kentucky, “Y’all ain’t rite” and that is a compliment.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #47095
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,327.08
Savings: 1.00
what it do what it do? need me a some hot cocoa wit the lil marshmallows
OLChemist likes this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2019, 04:57 AM   #47096
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
*Rose pours a cup for G&B .* That sounds good.

A couple years back I went to a church Christmas craft market. They were selling hot chocolate. Someone had decided to get colorful and had bought colored mini marshmallows. The person who bought them and was dispensing the hot chocolate had missed the small print on the bag that explained they were strawberry, orange, lemon and lime flavored.

Speaking of marshmallows, apparently you can now buy just the marshmallows from Lucky Charms.
wardancer and subeeds like this.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #47097
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,168.19
The orange flavored marshmallows would probably taste good in the hot chocolate, the others not so much. I've see the Lucky Charms marshmallows in the store, sounds gross.

Holiday party at the office today and possibly the annual shenanigans afterwards at an offsite location.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #47098
Junior Dancer

Chalako is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 2,105.19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
The orange flavored marshmallows would probably taste good in the hot chocolate, the others not so much. I've see the Lucky Charms marshmallows in the store, sounds gross.

Holiday party at the office today and possibly the annual shenanigans afterwards at an offsite location.
Do you have also mint flavored marshmallows.That could taste good in Hot coco.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Chalako is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #47099
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,513.12
Savings: 1.00
Speaking of mini-marshmallows........LOL.....When my beautiful wife and I first got together she discovered that I like mini marshmallows as a snack ! So I had a bag of the colored(flavored) ones in my truck. So we're driving down the road and I mentioned I like the green and yellow ones the best , and that's when she said "There's no difference , they're all the same" ! LOL So at the next few stoplights I would close my eyes , she would feed me marshmallows , and I would tell her what color they were ! I was 100 % accurate and she still says there's no difference and she doesn't know how I can tell ! Now she'll only buy the white ones ! LMAO
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #47100
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,168.19
Quote:
Do you have also mint flavored marshmallows.That could taste good in Hot coco.
I have seen them but I'm not sure that I have eaten them. I don't drink hot chocolate or for that matter any really sugary drinks. Very rarely will I drink soda. I put a little sugar in coffee and none in tea (hot or iced).
subeeds likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links