Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10761Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #47221
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 73,482.78
Savings: 0.00
I have been working on my jewelry. Got to justify that new studio I built, LOL.

This is a piece I've almost finished. I'm waiting on the chain to arrive from Rio. I'm too old to make my own silver chain, LOL. I got the idea from a trip to Kykotsmovi I took back in grad school to see the Butterfly Dance. The stones are chrome diopside and Sonora Sunrise.

The piece is very back to my southwestern training.

Forgive the backdrop. Nothing says class like dirty studio rags.
Attached Thumbnails
kykotsmovi.jpg  
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 02-19-2020 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #47222
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 16,183.33
Census is always spying on the privacy of the common people and there is always the subconscious feeling that census and therefore the state is Gestapo and Stasi.

In that we have in the last century made very bad historical experiences.

There is a feeling that the left Ecofascist are gaining much ground which in turn radiclizes the right wing and the middle is loosing trust in the democratic constitutional state.

I have no desire for a 1933 returning but the politicians of the old parties don't realize that their not understanding of the average people who carry the state is a strong reason that the extremists gain ground.

census is a pain may be a good way of a short answer.
OLChemist, subeeds and gilisi like this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #47223
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
I have been working on my jewelry. Got to justify that new studio I built, LOL.
The stone I am not sure, but the silver work I like very much.

I am too much on the blue side of stones.
OLChemist likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 02-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #47224
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,238.55
OLC that is beautiful
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #47225
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you.

BA, the lighting is a bit freaky in that picture. The top stone is dark green, but the bottom stone is red and turquoise. Sonora Sunrise is a hideous stone to photograph. It seldom looks the same in pics as in real life.

I use a lot of turquoise. But, lately, I've been trying to get away from it. I'm trying to work with a color pallet that is more northern plains and with more stones that are from up north. Tried some inlay with bone and horn, but they were too absorptive. They stained from the polishing dust from the adjacent stones. I won't use Catlinite, that's for pipes, or Ammonite, some folks say they have medicine. Most of the native gem grade rocks are transparent and/or hard as heck.
subeeds likes this.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:22 AM   #47226
Signal Corps

Quote:
Thank you.

BA, the lighting is a bit freaky in that picture.
Don't mind my comment on the stone colour. It's great work.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #47227
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Sorry, didn't mean to sound defensive. I won't have bought the stone myself if it had been the colors it was in the picture, LOL.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #47228
Signal Corps

Quote:
I won't have bought the stone myself if it had been the colors it was in the picture, LOL.

The silver work I really like. May be buy it and replace the stones though I am really drawn to your other work some time ago due to the what it represents.

But it seems not right to replace the stones. You had an intention to do as you did. I think the green stone in the sun will fine looking.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 02-20-2020 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Difficulties to express thoughts. Still not clear enough.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #47229
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
It's already going away. As soon as the chain gets here and I get it attached, it goes in FedEx to travel to its new home. That other piece is long gone too.

You might get a kick out of these. Note the mine name.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0356_mod.jpg  
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:08 PM   #47230
Signal Corps

Beautiful.

You caught me.

Found a bit about the mine on the I-Nat. Nice, but it is not mine.

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 02-20-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Old 02-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #47231
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,814.44
OL, that is beautiful!
OLChemist likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #47232
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna be 22 F deg in the morning in south central kentucky wind chill of 14
Old 02-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #47233
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Bring those brass monkey's in.

We're getting down to freezing tonight. I thought we were done, but winter as it is is taking another swipe or two.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:07 AM   #47234
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 72,684.65
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Gonna be 22 F deg in the morning in south central kentucky wind chill of 14
same here , another cold night. Woke up this morning to about 1 1/2" of snow. Luckily as it was snowing it was still 34 degrees so it melted as it hit the ground. Had it been colder , well.....

Most melted today and for sure tomorrow. They say it'll be 60 by sunday ! LOL
OC that piece is beautiful. Hope everyone is doing "gooder"! LOL
OLChemist, gilisi and Broken Arrow like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2020, 01:38 AM   #47235
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Chuy, I need the powwows.com bottle of adult beverage.

I'm supposed to teach torch safety tomorrow. Just before midnight (after I was in my nice toasty bed), I got an email from VP of classes, telling me there is "no one else" signed up for class and I needed to reschedule. The online registration system is showing 4 places left in a 6 person class. But, I never saw the class listing with more the 4 spaces open. There were so many difference between the online system and the course form I submitted that I don't actually know for sure that 6 spaces were put into the computer. And even though I responded to the email 20 mins after it was sent, it's so late that I suspect I won't hear back until after the time I'll have to leave to teach.

Well, color me wrong. The VP of classes is a night owl. No torch safety this morning. Doesn't matter much for sleeping in. Someone is mowing their lawn at the crack of dawn.
gilisi likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 02-22-2020 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: New info
Old 02-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #47236
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,238.55
Chuy got you! of course when I ask him for it he tells me there aint any!....Culero
OLChemist likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #47237
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Chuy, something in a nice comforting breakfast, please.

Well, I messed up. I'm still getting used to machine polishing now that I have presbyopia and need a magnifier to see fine detail. I can't find a combination of prescription safety glasses and faceshields that let me have the spindle on the buffer at the right distance to focus. If I use the magnifier, then I have to get my face closer to the fast spinning machine than is prudent. And the lighting is an added challenge. My new polishing machine uses a tiny LED light, which is actually fewer lumens than the old Mr Edison bulbs in the machines I've used in the past. But, the light is such a confined spot that the reflections off of silver are blinding. Nothing I tried let me see what I was doing well.

Yesterday, I got all focused -- kind of a cruel word choice -- on a spot of firescale that showed up while I was bobbing. I went after it with a 4" razor wheel at 5000 rpm. I polished a rut into my piece. Dang novice 'smith error. (Really, Siri I want to type novice not movie.)

I'm pretty much committed to remaking that component and throwing 2 oz of sterling into the recycle bag. So, it is experiment time. I'm going to try a hard felt buff and the polishing machine. Usually I kill things with those. Taking of more silver, to level up where you've already taken off too much, is generally a fool's errand. Say a prayer.
subeeds and gilisi like this.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #47238
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 72,684.65
Savings: 1.00
Coffee please , something to get me moving ! The warm changing back to cold and combined with steady rain ( our mud was starting to dry out) has my RA jointed wrists and fingers at a standstill ! I know where every joint in my body is ! Oh well , onward with the day , it's bound to get better !
subeeds and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #47239
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Some coffee and some heating pads for WD.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #47240
Old Dancer

OL, sliw diwnnthe rom abd taje your time.
Sponsored Links