Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10786Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #47341
Old Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,922.74
Savings: 0.00
Angry Tp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Make photo copies of the last couple of toilet paper leaflets, so you'll never run out of it LOL
Ha ha. Broken Arrow, put a sign in front of your door that says, “ANY TOILET PAPER THIEVES FOUND HERE AT NIGHT, WILL BE FOUND HERE IN THE MORNING”
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #47342
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 74,246.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
...walked out front this morning to see a gobbler all fanned out in display and 3 hens TOTALLY ignoring him. I “turked” some at him and gobbled at him and he displayed just a little for me. I do not think he was convinced since he had already seen me....
Rushing turkey season are we? :) If you had convinced him, what were you going to do with a s_____ly frustrated gobbler? Those spurs can do some damage.

You'd better hope your cat doesn't invoke the spirits of her puma cousins to feed you to some monster, LOL. Cat voodoo is a wicked thing. I still don't know what mine were summoning with the snatch of orange cat hair (none of my cats are orange), the claw sheath and the dead bee. But, it was potent magic.

Everyone keep safe, well and as happy as you can at this time. Trust in the Creator.
Broken Arrow likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #47343
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 73,459.70
Savings: 1.00
Over the years I discovered that that elusive turkey that some hunters camo up and spend whole seasons trying to corral , are easily hunted with a .22 short cartridge in a long rifle w/scope ! Makes almost no noise , shoot their heads off , and you can get several before they figure out what's happening ! Roasted wild turkey is some really good eating ! Yum.....
At least that's what I heard , if you were a poacher , and not obeying the laws !
Broken Arrow likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #47344
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 73,459.70
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
You'd better hope your cat doesn't invoke the spirits of her puma cousins to feed you to some monster, LOL. Cat voodoo is a wicked thing.
Cats are evil creatures ! They adopt you and demand feed , then act all cute so you continue to feed them. Then they start following you around outside , like going to the mailbox......it's so embarrassing......at least that's what I've heard.....

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #47345
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Wild turkey is good eating. I haven't had one in years, since my great uncle passed.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #47346
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
You rescue a dog and unless he was abused, you have a friendly appreciative animal. You rescue a cat and you have a demanding aloof creature that occasionally condescends for you to pet them if you do it just right and then if you pet them too long you get nipped on the finger in a meaningful warning way that says “ I have teeth too”
Old 03-25-2020, 02:37 AM   #47347

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 16,166.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Ha ha. Broken Arrow, put a sign in front of your door that says, “ANY TOILET PAPER THIEVES FOUND HERE AT NIGHT, WILL BE FOUND HERE IN THE MORNING”
Yea, well, the shelves are empty in supermarkets, getting refilled but never knowing when, people with more money keep on buying and buying them, even though it gets announced that they should think of other people needing them. I had a heart attack last year and was left alone with all that, was in hospital and have other chronical illnesses, one incurable, I avoid going out as much as possible, no one cares about me anyway, my family is dead and friends, well I would not call them friends as they have good income but cry about not being able to go out for fun because of a couple of weeks curfew. I am used to not going anywhere since years because my old age pension is very small. Highlights of my days where having a couple of sentences chatting with a supermarket cashier. Most of them are really nice. But if I'd ever mention anything here about my life, some would call me whiny.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #47348
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 16,364.18
Went out shopping for mother today. Miracle, toilet paper was to have. Shelfs are filled better now though.

Copying toilet paper wouldn't work well for the job intended and copies don't dissolve in water like toilet paper.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #47349
Old Dancer

Grrrrrrr did not hear 3 hour alarm and let beans burn in slow cooker. Now soaking it.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:20 AM   #47350
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Only thing to do is to make the best of it. Sehr ärgerlich, verbranntes Essen.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:35 AM   #47351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
Went out shopping for mother today. Miracle, toilet paper was to have. Shelfs are filled better now though.

Copying toilet paper wouldn't work well for the job intended and copies don't dissolve in water like toilet paper.
That with copying of the paper was a joke, I thought a bit of humor would make you laugh.

Still, here is nothing in the markets, no flour either.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #47352
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
That with copying of the paper was a joke, I thought a bit of humor would make you laugh.

Still, here is nothing in the markets, no flour either.
LOL, I laughed d about your comment to toilet paper as it is obviously a joke.

Can't say why your markets are empty. Well, I went shopping in the morning at 07:30. You know, the early birds catches the worm.

Stay healthy.
Spiritflight likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #47353
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Worms you probably can get, LOL.

I sympathize. I depend on delivery, because I'm too crippled up to stand in line for as long as is needed these days. Delivery has been dicey.

Most of the stores here have set aside the first hour in the morning for elderly and vulnerable shoppers. One of my retired friends went shopping two days ago. Meat, cheese, milk, and bread were rationed. She and her husband were allowed 1 lb of ground beef, 1 block of cheese, one 1/2 gal milk and one loaf of bread. There was no toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels and napkins or any other paper product you can wipe your rear with - including coffee filters. There was very limited produce.

The store had rectangles marked out with tape on the floor to keep the people spread out at least 6 ft. Because of this they could only run 2 out of 8 registers. She and her husband stood in line to check out for over two hours. The older woman behind them fainted, hit her head on the concrete floor and had to be taken to the hospital.

I've been trying to get toilet paper to my mom -- who ironically enough is the original tp hoarder. When I was home for my Dad's memorial, I went out to garage and tried to get to the passenger side car door. I was nearly crushed by five 24 roll packages of Scott tissue. Come this emergency and she has 5 rolls. And I'm 1700 miles away, I can't run a couple rolls over to her. Finally, the nice people from the local Church of Christ brought her some from the church's supply.
Spiritflight and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #47354
Old Dancer

Shop today spent 180 dollars groceries!!!! 12 cans corned beef hash. 10 cans mandarin oranges low sugar fabric softener, tide, woolite, 5 cans Hills bros. Instant cappucino, 6 packs mixed nuts, 10 or 3 P.M. are good times.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:30 AM   #47355
Signal Corps

Quote:

I sympathize. I depend on delivery, because I'm too crippled up to stand in line for as long as is needed these days.

Most of the stores here have set aside the first hour in the morning for elderly and vulnerable shoppers.

The store had rectangles marked out with tape on the floor to keep the people spread out at least 6 ft. Because of this they could only run 2 out of 8 registers.

I've been trying to get toilet paper to my mom -- who ironically enough is the original tp hoarder.

And I'm 1700 miles away, I can't run a couple rolls over to her. Finally, the nice people from the local Church of Christ brought her some from the church's supply.
LOL, yes indeed, worms are available, those from the shop and those from the garden.

May be I am lucky. I have by food two "super markets" in reach and five more less than five minutes away by car.

The rectangles we have since several days and only every second register is opened at Aldi, other shop runs only two and the self serving register.

As far as I understood, I can't send supplies to the US as custom isn't very fond of food products send from outside to the US except for a small list of accepted items. Toilet and kleenex paper is allowed.

I lite the candle and pray that this disease will go away without harming to many.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 03-27-2020, 04:13 AM   #47356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
LOL, I laughed d about your comment to toilet paper as it is obviously a joke.

Can't say why your markets are empty. Well, I went shopping in the morning at 07:30. You know, the early birds catches the worm.

Stay healthy.
Thanks, you too!
I don't know either, I go to supermarkets in walking distance, maybe I should try another one, but would need to take a bus. Guess what, I am always going shopping right when they open up, since I am not sleeping well and am up very early. When I ask, the cashiers never know when they get a new delivery of missing items. I try avoiding every day food shopping, being the only one with a scarf infront of face, except one asian girl. Since one week I can't get hold of that paper, and the cashier said, they had a delivery on wednesday, well, how should I know? Would have to go out every day and expose myself, just to see if they got any new hygenic products, still have enough atm. But they were very unfriendly today as I as usual took a bag for my three or four things instead of a shopping cart. Told me to use a cart even for one item only. To keep distance from others. Well, they don't know that I not like to be close to other people anyway, so I'd make sure. When I had a question at the cash desk, the turkish I think supervisor came and said a little too aggressive, no discussion!!! Follow the rules. I did and do. Man... I had a normal question because the rules changes day by day.

Anyway, keep safe ya'll.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:22 AM   #47357

Quote:

I sympathize. I depend on delivery, because I'm too crippled up to stand in line for as long as is needed these days. Delivery has been dicey.

Most of the stores here have set aside the first hour in the morning for elderly and vulnerable shoppers. One of my retired friends went shopping two days ago. Meat, cheese, milk, and bread were rationed. She and her husband were allowed 1 lb of ground beef, 1 block of cheese, one 1/2 gal milk and one loaf of bread. There was no toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels and napkins or any other paper product you can wipe your rear with - including coffee filters. There was very limited produce.

The store had rectangles marked out with tape on the floor to keep the people spread out at least 6 ft. Because of this they could only run 2 out of 8 registers. She and her husband stood in line to check out for over two hours. The older woman behind them fainted, hit her head on the concrete floor and had to be taken to the hospital.

I've been trying to get toilet paper to my mom -- who ironically enough is the original tp hoarder. When I was home for my Dad's memorial, I went out to garage and tried to get to the passenger side car door. I was nearly crushed by five 24 roll packages of Scott tissue. Come this emergency and she has 5 rolls. And I'm 1700 miles away, I can't run a couple rolls over to her. Finally, the nice people from the local Church of Christ brought her some from the church's supply.
Here they also considered opening for older people only but don't do this. Maybe sporadic in few places throughout the country, I don't know. But for the paper problem, they also sell those moisterised ones, if they are not out. You and your family and friends stay healthy.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #47358
Signal Corps

Was out at 8:00 Clock shopping. Normally, they truck with new goods is by than unloaded and the shelf's are on the way to be filled.

On Mondays we get the advertisement flyers from the markets. There are anoucements when and what products are available. Tomorrow there shall be toilet papar at "Netto".

Think I have enough for rolls for the moment as I got a packet 20 rolls on Wednesday by luck.

Ich drücke die Daumen.
Spiritflight likes this.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #47359
Old Dancer

Ifh drucke die Daumen auch
Spiritflight and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #47360
Signal Corps

Stayed save my friends. The corona news for the US don't sound reassuring over here.
Sponsored Links