Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree10922Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #47521
Old Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,536.87
Savings: 0.00
Unhappy New software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
I am fighting with the new PC, better with email Migration to Office 365.

I know hwy I shy away form getting new Computers. The Hardware isn't that much a Problem. It is the changed Software which will not run as th e used to old one.

I always liked the older software over the new one. Even after I mastered all the new bells and whistles. The worst insult was when I got a new HP puter with a DVD DRIVE and no software program for DVD drives.
Broken Arrow likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #47522
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,441.53
More from the lockdown menu:

Three Sisters Stacked Enchiladas

sauce -

3/4 tub of Bueno frozen green chiles, thawed;
1 14 oz cans cream of chicken soup;
1.5 cans of water;

filling -

1 c. fresh or frozen sliced zucchini;
1 c. frozen or canned corn;
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed;
1 large onion, diced;
2 cloves garlic, diced;
1/4 tub of Bueno frozen green chiles;
3 Tbsp oil;
1 tsp Mexican oregano;
salt
pepper

2 c jack cheese, shredded;
1 - 1.5 dz corn tortillas, depending on size.

In a med saucepan, mix soup, water and chiles. Bring to a simmer and mix with immersion blender. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until it naps the back of the spoon. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent. Add squash beans, corn, beans, chiles, garlic and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until squash is cooked through and mixture is nearly dry.

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9" x 13" pan with Pam. Spread 1/4 of the sauce over the bottom of the pan. Cover with a single layer of corn tortillas, ripping pieces to fill holes. Top with 1/2 of the veggie mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Top with a layer of corn tortillas. Spread with 1/4 of the sauce. Top with remaining veggies and 1/3 of cheese. Cover with tortillas and remaining sauce.

Bake uncovered for 20-25 mins. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15mins more, until sauce is bubbling around the edges and filling has reached at least 165F.
Broken Arrow likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 05-21-2020 at 10:05 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #47523
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Had my pintos and rice this morning. I been taking zinc, vitamin C because of the girus and need to add some garlic to that.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #47524
Old Dancer

I still can’t find my awl. I have been awl over the place looking for it. I am starting to think that I am not awl there. Awlthough, I can go get another one. With awl the virus out there, I will have to be awlfully careful. Better take some awlcohol with me for awl my fingers and thumbs. Got to remember that the mask needs to cover (you got it!) awl of my face. Well, I sure hope you awl don’t lose your awls.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:50 PM   #47525
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Another nervous night. Severe storms and tornado warnings up on the Red River. It's supposed to come down on us after 10pm.

I'm praying hard to the cap over the metroplex to hold for another couple hours. Let atmosphere cool without strong stuff being able to get a foothold.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #47526
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, I soldered the design plate on BA's bolo tie. It shifted when the solder flowed; it's not quite in the right place. It slid up against the top rim. I'm not too happy :(

Hopefully, I'll be able to open the gap up a little. It's awful tight and I'm not sure I can get a sanding disk in to open it.

And I can't find the good bolo cords. I guess I haven't seen them since I moved into the studio. All I can find are a couple of cheap -- trans. short -- leather cords I got in grab bag of base metal fittings at a club fund raiser.

This thing has been snake bit. I've had nothing but trouble and stupid mistakes with it. I'm beginning to think it wants live the recycle bag rather than Germany, LOL.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #47527
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,173.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Another nervous night. Severe storms and tornado warnings up on the Red River. It's supposed to come down on us after 10pm.

I'm praying hard to the cap over the metroplex to hold for another couple hours. Let atmosphere cool without strong stuff being able to get a foothold.
I am with you praying that atmosphere cools down and that you stay safe as the others who are hit by the storm.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #47528
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
The bad stuff stayed north of the metroplex. But, the folks along the Red River got pounded for 4-5 hours because the storms were moving very very slowly. Montague county got hit by at least one tornado. It went through Bowie. Urban search and rescue is still going through, but no deaths reported yet.

Spring time in TX.

My poor cats had a rough night and they had to share. Ishtato had been living with me for 2 months when the dawn hailstorm of 2016. She and I spent a very long 20 mins cowering my my safe room, while 1-1.5" dia hail pounded my house and car. While the house shook from impacts on the roof, she completely freaked out and tore paint off the door and skin off my arms. Ever since, she has to hide in sock bin in my closet -- aka the kitty storm shelter -- whenever there is thunder (heavy trash garbage trucks or moving vans).

Since I've been home all the time, I've needed a little social distancing from the clingy, demanding princess. To achieve this, I've been shutting the cats out of my bed room at night. Olivia just pounds her stump on the door. I turn on the fan and I can't hear it. Ishtato cries, but usually stops after a half hour.

When the thunder started last night at 2am, the Princess started shrieking with her full-throated, "harmonious" Siamese yowl. She wanted into the kitty storm shelter. I held firm. She has a secondary shelter inside a turkey roaster in a kitchen cabinet, she uses when she can't get the closet door open. (Darn that lack of opposable thumbs.) I figured she'd give up and go there after a few minutes. But no.

At 2:30 am, I turned up the fan. She turned up her screams. But, I wasn't going to have her in the room, because as soon as the storm ended, I knew she'd leave the sock bin and climb in my bed, to become a 100 F fur-lined face mask, covering my mouth to keep the world safe from my exhalations or inhalations for that matter. At 3 am, thunder still rumbling away, I put on headphones. Ishtato wedged her muzzle into the crack under the door and resumed singing the lament of her people. It was Beverly Sills mets a rusty hinge. At 4 am, weeping and begging for mercy, I relented.

When I opened the door, she shot past me. Rather than getting into the sock bin, she dived into my bed and burrowed into the bedding. She dug her claws into my mattress and refused to let go or move over when I tried to climb into bed. I finished the night in the guest room bed.
Broken Arrow likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 05-23-2020 at 01:17 PM..
Old 05-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #47529
Old Dancer

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
OLChemist likes this.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #47530
Old Dancer

When are the Eastern Woodland pow wows going to start back?
Old 05-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #47531
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The bad stuff stayed north of the metroplex. But, the folks along the Red River got pounded for 4-5 hours because the storms were moving very very slowly.

Spring time in TX.

She dug her claws into my mattress and refused to let go or move over when I tried to climb into bed. I finished the night in the guest room bed.
Cats are different than dos, horses or sheeps though I have not much experoence with cats. Dogs, especially bulldog, I look that I get out of their way.

LOL, I have (soft) stuffed animlas but no real ones.
We have dark skies with sun, wind but no storm , no rain.

In front of the door to the driveway, I got one "Stiefmütterchen" .
Attached Thumbnails
stiemuetterchen.jpg  

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 05-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #47532
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, I was able to get a thin strip of 400 grit sandpaper into the gap at the top of the bolo. I slid it back and forth through Christmas in the Clouds and an episode of Battlestar Galatica. I finally got the gap wide enough to get the Foredom tool and a sanding disk down inside. One more episode of Battlestar and a half a dozen disks and I got the gap wide enough.

Now if i could just find the cords....
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #47533
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I surrender. The receipt tells me I bought 2 premium cords in 2019. I used one. Ands apparently ate the other. I just ordered 10 m of 5mm black cord and some tips.

I just did an order for silver last week. Now I get to pay shipping again. And worst of all, I have to wait. :(
Old 05-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #47534
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 75,406.90
Savings: 1.00
I try to order stuff just once a year if I can ! That allows a bigger purchase and free shipping. Inevitably I'll run out of something and it's 9 dollar minimum on shipping ! I feel the pain ! LOL
OLChemist likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2020, 04:01 PM   #47535
Signal Corps

Quote:
I surrender. The receipt tells me I bought 2 premium cords in 2019. I used one. Ands apparently ate the other. I just ordered 10 m of 5mm black cord and some tips.

I just did an order for silver last week. Now I get to pay shipping again. And worst of all, I have to wait. :(

Please do not surrender and I do not believe that you ate the cord.

I know that ordering and ordering two days later again. Sigh, happened to me when ordering beads.

Transportation has become difficult and delivery times have tripled and more. US - Germany, Germany - US and within Germany.

I would witches for you if I could that but it seems not to work.
OLChemist likes this.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 05-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #47536
Old Dancer

Are the tips the same as aguillettes?
Old 05-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #47537
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Not quite. They are like the tips on the end or the aiglets you saw on Elizabethan clothing.

Bolo tip, Thunderbird Supply
Old 05-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #47538
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Silver prices change on a daily basis. I tend to order when the price is low.

At the beginning of all this, the Handy and Harmon price for silver dropped to $12.03 /toz. (There is a $5-25/toz fabrication charge added to the market price for sheet, wire and tube.) This was the lowest price in >15 years. Prices stayed relatively low, ca. $15-$16/toz, for some weeks. But the supply chain is so disrupted that there were shortages of the most popular sheet gauges.

I can't get the bolo tips I'd like the best. They're Native-made from a trading post in Gallup. They're piece-work and I suspect a lot of their bench jewelers are under the Navajo Nation stay at home orders and haven't been able to get stuff to market.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:45 PM   #47539
Old Dancer

If they are working at home, then, there may be a tribal induced dump on the market when they go back to their normal place of merchandizing.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #47540
Old Dancer

If you look at kitco sales of gold and silver all the coins are sold out. That means everyone is scared of the cash currency losing value and stocks.
Sponsored Links