Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree11218Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #47701
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 79,057.29
Savings: 0.00
At the risk of dating myself, I pine for Jules Bergman, a news person who actually understood science and knew how to ask the right person when researching a science story. Three quarters of the dweebs reading teleprompters and calling that science reporting, don't understand the difference between a bacteria and virus, which is kind of key in this story. They'll grab any telegenic MD and throw them in front of the camera as an expert.

Oh, well.

My staycation starts tomorrow. I'm going to sleep in until 7am and work in the studio. I may get 3 lbs of smoked turkey and a quart of beans delivered on Friday, and eat on that for the weekend. I have enough mayo to make potato salad. (Mayo is a challenge in my house. It's frequently been hanging out in the fridge for a long time and is scary old.). Or make some three bean salad.

Anyone else have plans (safe) for this holiday?
subeeds likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2020, 10:40 AM   #47702
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 78,156.58
Savings: 1.00
Staying home , laughing at the antics of the kittens , being thankful for what we have ! Kittens are 8 weeks and a few days and a bit too brave for their own good. One thinks it should check out the dog and I think that's a bad idea ! LOL
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2020, 11:30 AM   #47703
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 18,155.38
Stay at home take care of mom as far as I can and hope to get my hand on Starr Carbine with serial number below 9000 which should have a history.
OLChemist likes this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #47704
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Awwww kittens.

Sometimes my mother is inexplicable. She's in her upper 80's and I'm trying to keep her from running around to the stores. This has some challenges from 1700+ miles away. Not to mention, she changed my diapers therefore I can't actually know anything.

Last night she was telling me she had just enough stamps to mail the July bills. This morning I logged onto my account at the post awful and I picked out a roll of flag pattern, forever stamps. Then I made the fatal mistake.

Before I checked out, I called her, told her I'm going to buy her some stamps and have them shipped to her. She started arguing with me. She doesn't like the rolls; they don't fit in her desk. OK; I change the order to sheets. Then she wanted the wild orchid stamps, not the flags. OK, I changed the order to orchids not flags. Then she wanted a smaller number of stamps than are in the sheets. I told her I couldn't get that number, but not to worry I was paying for them. No, if couldn't I get the right number of orchids then I shouldn't get them, because she'll still have them when it is time for the Christmas stamps. I explained these were forever stamps, she could use them after Christmas. No, they'll change the postal rate and they won't be any good. I explained the forever stamp again. Well, I was wrong because one of her friends had told her that the stamps wouldn't be any good if the rate changed.

At this point I snapped. I ordered the dang orchid stamps, in the number that they were sold, not the number she wanted.

These are free stamps! I was going to buy her more than she wanted. Did I say I was going to pay for them, not her? Where is the bad in this?

To top it all off, the website hiccuped during checkout and apparently didn't process the first order. So, I placed it again. I just got receipts for two orders. And it is too much trouble to sit on the phone for a half an hour for $22. Mom's head is going to explode when she gets twice as many stamps (+4) as she wants.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #47705
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Awwww kittens.

Sometimes my mother is inexplicable. She's in her upper 80's and I'm trying to keep her from running around to the stores. This has some challenges from 1700+ miles away. Not to mention, she changed my diapers therefore I can't actually know anything.

Last night she was telling me she had just enough stamps to mail the July bills. This morning I logged onto my account at the post awful and I picked out a roll of flag pattern, forever stamps. Then I made the fatal mistake.
My Mom is in her low 80's and we will always be our mothers babies and mother keep to tell what we shall do.

Thank you Rose, you made me smile though it can be a hard time with Mom's.

1700 miles away makes much difficult and close by makes other diffuclties but arguing isn't a question of distance in miles.

I#ll be with you in reflections.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 07-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #47706
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, I getting to spend my first morning of vacation grappling with my insurance company. Really I don't want to do anything complicated. I just want to give them their money. This shouldn't be hard.

I'm hoping to get into the studio soon, LOL.

Anyone doing anything fun?
Old 07-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #47707
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Shhhhhhh..........nobody knows I'm here !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #47708
Signal Corps

Psst,...I heard you walking in.

Try to get loose ends tight up end enjoy the weekend. Lots of rain.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #47709
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,127.22
I had a comment all typed up and cat came up with a baby rabbit in her mouth. I lost the %€#<^ comment. Guess it was not worth reading. I put the cat in the utility room and sitting here watching the rabbit. Either in shock or just playing “I am a rock”
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2020, 11:20 PM   #47710
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Watch out! Taking their prey is kitty voodoo territory. If you find a claw sheath, a dead bee, and a swatch of your hair lying on your pillow, get your affairs in order. When Jim Beau Yates, the vole killing champion, did that with a bunch of Gingerboy's hair, Gingerboy got hit by a car.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #47711
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,127.22
Amazing how the rabbit population has recovered from the migration of coyotes into our state. Survival of the more adept rabbits.
subeeds likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #47712
Signal Corps

Rising the birth rate under threat to secure survival.

Another day starting cool and getting hot with intermediate rain and high humidity. The mosquitoes like that in the afternoon.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:29 AM   #47713
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,618.47
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Well, I getting to spend my first morning of vacation grappling with my insurance company. Really I don't want to do anything complicated. I just want to give them their money. This shouldn't be hard.

I'm hoping to get into the studio soon, LOL.

Anyone doing anything fun?
I got stuck working this weekend. Girl just up and quit with no notice. I love it when they do that.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2020, 02:49 AM   #47714
Signal Corps

Nevertheless, have a good day.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #47715
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I'm making potato salad. Ages ago I saw an episode of something or other with Alton Brown. He soaked his potatoes for potato salad in cider vinegar overnight before using. I tried it. It changed my entire attitude toward potato salad.

This stuff has a tangy, spicy kick.

1 lb mini Yukon gold or red potatoes;
3/4 c cider vinegar;
1/2 medium onion, chopped;
1/3 c dill pickles, chopped;
2 hard boiled eggs, diced;
1 Tbsp stoneground mustard;
3-4 Tbsp mayo;
1/8-1/4 tsp ground chipotle chile;
salt and pepper.

The night before, boil the potatoes with the skins on, until tender. Cool. Place in plastic bag with cider vinegar. Shake to coat. Refrigerate overnight.

Drain the potatoes, reserving 1 Tbps of the vinegar. Cut the potatoes into quarters or eighths, depending on the size. Add onions, egg, and pickles. Mix with mustard, vinegar, mayo and powdered chile. The amount of may needed, depends on the moistness of the potatoes. Salt and paper to taste.

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Have a good holiday folks. Remember your masks and keep safe.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:31 AM   #47716
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,618.47
Yet another person quit-and then there were 3. sigh I don't know how much longer I will be here, either. My little town is getting a small branch library, and I just sent off my resume to them. I would love that job. It would be a day job, my commute would be 5 minutes and it's only 19 hours a week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. Throw up a prayer if you are so inclined.

I am so tired of rude people, entitled people, and so on. I'm just tired. LOL!

I will not go into the "direct ancestor of Zilpha" thread. I'm guessing that's a spirit and dont' want to make them angry. LOL!
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Last edited by subeeds; 07-06-2020 at 03:55 AM..
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #47717
Signal Corps

Psst, .. anybody still here or complete lockdown?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #47718
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wd steps in looking like the mummy , covered head to toe in cloth and wearing a mask and goggles and rubber gloves ! Hey all , I just thought I'd stop by ! Can't eat or drink anything and well , can't touch anything either ! Guess I'll go home now , see y'all !
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #47719
Signal Corps

Maybe there is enough space in the cloth-mask for a straw to drink some cool sparkling table water.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #47720
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I am craving collard greens and fried hominy. Iced tea.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Sponsored Links