Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree11236Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2020, 01:36 AM   #47721
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 18,159.38
Savings: 0.00
Cool Milk with cacao and the Rest will have to see what is in the Refridgerator.

I need to buy some bread. Saturday is the day for bulk purchase this week. Mom needs to see the dotor on Friday and that more than the half day is gone.

All shall be careful not to catch corona.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 07-09-2020 at 01:39 AM..
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #47722
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 79,138.51
Chuy, we've had three new threads in two days. You may have to put half the tables in storage, install some the plastic Covid shields, buy some masks and fire up the grill. Or at the very least we're going to need curbside service.
subeeds likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #47723
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
We can sell at the window with masks on for passers by.

Covid shields are installed at the cash desk adn above the storages. You can choose but all will be delivered to the desk you are directed to sit down.

At the table, no masks are required but the servants have to wear them.

And the fans are running at high speed to push the used air out and suck in fresh air.

Ah and the personal will be checked for covid every day.
OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #47724
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
All this food talk on the other thread has me craving. Chuy, can you do an Osage meat pie? Heck, I'd take some Boston brown bread, which is basically Wampanog boiled bread, gussied up with rye flour and molasses.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:37 AM   #47725
Signal Corps

This one I hope:

3 Lbs.Chuck Roast coursely grond
1 Lb. Suet cut in small pieces
1 tsp. Salt1/2 Pepper
1 Cup Cold water
MixTogether
2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Buttemilk

Directions:Blend liquids to make dough. Divide intopatties. Roll out on dough board, put meat mixture in half of circle, lap over and seal. Bake in greased pan, brush top with melted compound. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, and then put in broiler to brown tops.

Yeah, we cook it for you.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:26 AM   #47726
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,630.47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
I had a comment all typed up and cat came up with a baby rabbit in her mouth. I lost the %€#<^ comment. Guess it was not worth reading. I put the cat in the utility room and sitting here watching the rabbit. Either in shock or just playing “I am a rock”
That reminds me of once when this cat we had brought a young rabbit home. My parents had been at the neighbors playing cards one night. I was in my room reading when they got home. I heard my dad go down the hall to their room. You need to know that we had a fairly long house. All of a sudden my mom was screaming bloody murder. My book went flying and I went charging out of my room. I ran into my dad in the hall as he was charging down it, carrying the shotgun. We got to the family room where my mom was and all she could do was point at the bookcase. She was close to losing it, and all my dad and I could understand was "rat". I got down and looked under the bookcase, and there was this terrified baby bunny. I finally got it through to my mom what it was and she calmed down. Meanwhile, cat was up on a shelf looking at all of us like we were flat crazy. I got the bunny and put it outside in a sheltered area hoping an owl of something wouldn't get it. When I looked out the next morning, it was gone. My dad and I used to joke that it was a good thing the cat hadn't brought in a snake or my mom probably would have made us move. LOL!
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #47727
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
The cat was probably thinking: "I bring home some easy prey. I let it go in a confined space. And this is the best hunting these hairless, two-legged twits can do! How did they ever manage to invent wet cat food?"
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:11 AM   #47728
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
I'm ready for some frybread.
OLChemist likes this.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:56 AM   #47729
Signal Corps

Here they are.

subeeds likes this.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:50 AM   #47730
small bead addict

Looks yummy. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #47731
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I'm all excited. I use Bueno frozen mild red and green chile. It's hard to find outside NM. There was a grocery next to local university, with a large number of students from NM, that carried it. But, about a year ago they dropped all but the hot, which is way way too hot for me. Worst of all, I was the connection for a cousin down on the coast for these product. It's been an ugly year, LOL.

But this weekend I was trying to find a place with grocery delivery and a better selection than my local store, which still isn't offering a full range of soaps, cleaning products, and TP for delivery. While I was doing this, I found that the local Walmart carries these! We'll see if they can get right one in my order.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #47732
Signal Corps

I could not locate a store offering that chili in Germany.

Will be similar for parts of all the recipes.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #47733
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I'm not surprised that you can't find it. It's from a small family company in NM. You find it in NM, northern AZ, southern CO, and a few markets in TX -- mostly in far west TX and big cities.

I would probably starve in Germany. Other than cookies, LOL.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #47734
Signal Corps

Perhaps you would not need to starve.
Though making a differnece, I think that usable substitues can be found.

LOL, we have Potatoes since Emporer Friedrich (1630) and he used a trick to have them accepted as food. There is other american food though we often may not have in mind.

Corn (Korn) is a tricky word. Maize, Wheat, Barley, Rye, Oats?

Weizenkorn, Roggenkorn; Weizen, Roggen = Getreiede = Cereals or grain

BTW, though a little bit expensive if available

https://www.amazon.com/Bueno-Foods-M.../dp/B07JJ8PWQ2

may be delivered to Germany. (DHL Express International taking pharmacy prices)

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 07-13-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Old 07-13-2020, 04:12 PM   #47735
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Those Bueno products have to be shipped on dry ice. That's a huge pain in international shipping.

These aren't hideous. And they are shelf stable. But, the lime juice does limit what you can use it in.

El Pinto Green Chile

In American English corn is almost always maize.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #47736
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I found a discussion online between Americans in Germany talking about trying to make green chile stew. One guy claimed to make pretty good stew with some fresh peppers he bought in a market. In the picture the bin was labelled: "Huete pimientos super-angebot." The peppers looked similar to Anaheim chiles.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:31 AM   #47737
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
"Heute pimientos super-angebot."

Reduced price offer most probable by "Netto" and perhaps only temporary. But there is at least one online shop in Germayn who offer Pimientos de Padron greens.

We have several so called "Supermarkt" company groups.
Aldi (Süd und Nord), Edeka, REWE, Lidl, Netto there are some other aorund but I never really know to whom of the above they belong.

LOL, for electronics we have two big selling companies, Media Markt and Saturn and they belong to the METRO Group.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 07-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #47738
small bead addict

Hot and humid-still. It's been a fun week-NOT.
We had to go buy a new lawn mower last week. Since hubby can only mow sections of the lawn at a time, he had the bright idea to keep it on the front porch until he was done mowing out there. The day after he hauled it up on the porch, he was getting it down. Somehow (I was sleeping and missed it), he managed to fall off the porch. I was awake when he came limping badly in the house. I thought he had thrown his back out. He told me what happened and I asked him if he thought maybe he had broken his hip. He said no, when he heard the crack, it sounded and felt like his ankle. I asked if he wanted to go to the ER. He said no, maybe it was just a sprain. I let it go. That night, I asked him again if he wanted me to take him to the ER. He asked me if I had to work. I said yes, but I could drop him at the ER, and he could take a cab to the hotel, and wait for me in a room. He said he didn't want me around the ER, and he didn't want to be around the ER. I told him fine, and to let me know when he changed his mind. A few days passes, and on my next day off, I asked him again. He finally relented and off we went to an urgent care. They set him up with an ortho, and he now has a cast. He'll have that for 2 weeks, then get another one for a month. He's not happy, but at least he is getting it taken care of. We've been together 40 years, and I swear, Hades froze over, because that's the first time the hardhead has ever been to a doctor. LOL!
wardancer and Broken Arrow like this.

Old 07-17-2020, 01:54 AM   #47739
Signal Corps

Thanks you Corona we have oral supplemetary tests to the written exams for the first time in decades during sommer holiday.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:58 AM   #47740
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
He's not happy, but at least he is getting it taken care of. We've been together 40 years, and I swear, Hades froze over, because that's the first time the hardhead has ever been to a doctor. LOL!
Best wishes for heeling. I light a candle and pray.
subeeds likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Sponsored Links