Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree11728Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #48141
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,337.29
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
(Yes, since I'm working at home at the desk in front of my TV room window I spend a lot of time watching my neighbors. Better than cable.).
Number 13 for OlChemist to show.

LOL, I drive every day to work until we close down like in March or not. Who knows.

I really should learn to let me not get upset. Mom got the third letter of the energy supplier. Due to the bureaucreacy we have three contracts. One for electricity for the house, one for gas and a third for the pump sump which is joint instituiton for the semidetached houses.

Third price increase letter within ten days but this one calls a price increase of 127,77%. I hope that I get an answer that they made an error and it is only a 25% increase else I may consider a criminal complaint of § 157 Strafgesettzbuch (StGB); Usury.
OLChemist likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2020, 11:58 PM   #48142
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,713.02
Sounds like things are tough all over. Girlfriend and I went to range today. There was a guy there tgat had had a stroke and this was his first time out to shoot with tge left hand. His dominant right hand was not working . I talked to him some and tried to encourage him. His wife and grandson were there and grandson was shooting too. The man used to be a winner in matches. Amy girlfriend is going to get her Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon Permit, and she is practicing. She improved today. 45 acp and she can handle it!
Broken Arrow likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #48143
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Sounds like things are tough all over. Girlfriend and I went to range today. There was a guy there tgat had had a stroke and this was his first time out to shoot with tge left hand.

Things are changing and with that people are changing a lot. As if many ae going crazy or getting agressiv and more selfish. As I drive every day 53 km one way to work and one way back home, the way many are driving is frightening. For good reason on a part of the Autobahn is speed restriction to 100 and 80 km/h. Many drive at the speed limit 80 km/h with 110 km/h and where is 100 km/h as if there is no speed limit in a construction side. I have not seen a speed control fo rmore than a year there.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 11-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #48144
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,964.62
Savings: 1.00
well , I went out a few days ago to check my deer rifles. Set 1 target (old dvd w/target spot in the center) at 75 yards. My 30-30 Marlin destroyed it first shot ! Only found pieces. Paper target at 200 yards. 6.5 Creedmore, 1st shot 143 gr. ELDX 2nd shot 129gr. SPBT
Attached Thumbnails
first-shot.jpg   second-shot-6.5.jpg  
Broken Arrow likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #48145
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
That's really not bad considering my brother installed the scope and sighted it in for me and this was the first time I've actually shot the rifle ! I think it will kill deer ! And my 30-30 has already paid for itself numerous times !
No sense shooting more , it'd just be wasting ammo !LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #48146
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
That's really not bad considering my brother installed the scope and sighted it in for me and this was the first time I've actually shot the rifle !
Than your brother seems to have the same eyesight. LOL, know enough people who let their scoped rifle be sighted in and don't hit better than muzzleloader shooters with iron sights.

OK, it's only 50 m (55 yards) or 100 m (109 yards).

OK, over here for hunting you should sight in on 100 m for a high shot of 4 cm (1.6 inch).

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 11-22-2020 at 03:55 AM..
Old 11-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #48147
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
I asked him to go ahead and sight it in , because he actually picked the rifle up for me and said he could go ahead and install the scope. We've always looked through a scope the same and have the same eye relief ! I figured if it was off at all it wouldn't be much, and I could always "fine tune it" !I don't think I need to do anything to it ! My 30-30 is my go to brush gun. It's dead on at 50yds and only about an inch off at 100 ! I've killed deer out as far as 136 yards with it , but missed one at 165 yards. This 6.5 creedmore will remedy that ! LOL I'll have both with me , that way if that deer is way out there I still have a chance ! Wednesday I'll go out ans set my blinds and get everything ready. Season starts Dec.2nd
Everyone stay safe and healthy !
OLChemist and Broken Arrow like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #48148
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 83,818.55
Lunch on Dec 4? I'll bring the cornbread, pecan and pumpkin pies, and a tub of homemade fudge.
wardancer and Broken Arrow like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #48149
Signal Corps

Than huntsmann salvation.

Yes, the 6.5 Creedmore will do over the 125 yards up to 300 yards or perhaps even more what the 30-30 can't.

If the power at the longe range is enough for deer. And if you hit where you aim for a clean shot.

The regulatuions for hunting are quite differnet between the federal states in the US and Germany.

BTW, I have Lingonberries too meat.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #48150
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Well , after years of hunting trophies and eating some gamey meat , I came to realize that the better meat is a 2-3 yr. old doe ! I try to shoot them high in the neck , kills instantly , they don't run , no adrenaline , no testosterone , you don't ruin any meat , you don't have to look for or chase them cause they drop right there !I have 18 in the last 3 years and never had any issues !
You show up on the 4th and I'll have meat in the tree hanging and a couple in the freezer already !
Broken Arrow likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #48151
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
*Rose thaws out some of her precious flame roasted green chili for the cornbread.*
wardancer, gilisi and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #48152
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, I have another installment in the saga of Jet.

For as long as I've been owned by Jet, he's hung out with two huge orange male cats that were also born in the feral cat colony across the street. They used to roam the neighborhood getting into the trash cans and emptying other outdoor cat's food bowls. One of my long departed next door neighbors called them the orange tail gang. Recently, my new next door neighbor's dainty little Elizabeth Warren has joined the trio.

Despite all these cats having "owners," they all still raid food dishes and beg meals from other people. Jet and Libby are both fairly svelte cats, but the two orange boys look like basketballs with legs. Apparently one of these two cats is now pre-diabetic. He has been confined to his home and is on a special diet. When you walked by the house, you would see him in the window, wailing. He's been locked up since Jet's fight. But this weekend, his owner snapped and the cat was out emptying Jet's food bowl.

Yesterday, the folks one door down and across the back alley from me were smoking some meat, a brisket I think. You could smell it all up and down the block. Around dinner time I was coming back in from the studio, when I heard a rather loud, somewhat profane, exclamation coming from the yard with the smoker. I looked over. Sitting on the 2x4 along the top of fence was the entire orange tail gang, with Jet and Libby, plus a couple other neighborhood cats. Seven cats along a 45' fence.

My money was on the cats.

Last edited by OLChemist; 11-24-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #48153
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
2020 the year that keeps on giving.

Pandemic, economic collapse, toilet paper shortages, rioting, murder hornets, epic hurricane season, fires, turkey rationing, and now tornado sirens and funnel clouds in late Nov.... Anyone betting on Santa Claws, the zombie elves and his eight demon reindeer?
wardancer and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:57 PM   #48154
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Well, last night's tornado was an EF2. It tore up at least one apartment complex and knocked a wall of a fast food place onto some cars in the drive-thru. A bunch of families are out of their homes, but no one was killed.
wardancer likes this.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #48155
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
And even with that , there are always things to be thankful for ! I pray and give thanks everyday , but especially today ! Our societies in turmoil , elders and families in isolation , loved ones sick and dying alone , this country is so screwed up in so many ways , but we as ndn people need to remember to thank Creator for all the thing he gives us , to help our people and our culture survive and thrive. Our peoples have survived worse that this and with Creator's help we will still be around for years to come ! Everyone have a safe , healthy and thankful Thanksgiving day !
OLChemist, gilisi and Broken Arrow like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #48156
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Thank you for the reminder to get my head out of someplace dark and put my eyes back where they belong.

I just took my pumpkin pie out of the oven and finished a batch of cranberry chutney. I couldn't get a small turkey this year and doing all that work for just me was a little too sad. I've got a batch of carne adovada in the crock pot. I do have to make green bean casserole and corn soufflé.

I've Christmas shopped all morning. I sent mom 6 lb of pecans and 5 lbs of walnuts for her Christmas baking. She has been baking up a storm while confined. I think she's made the entire neighborhood fat! I hit a sale and was able to get the 50+ candy bars I give everyone at work. I got my aunt and my cousins their presents. About half my list is done.

I'm going to head out to the studio shortly. I did forget to turn the heat on. The first hour is going to be a bit nippy LOL. I must finish some Christmas presents in the next two weeks.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #48157
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 75,242.65
Hope you all have a good thanksgiving day. Creator is good to us!

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #48158
Signal Corps

Yes he is.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #48159
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
My neighbors put a turkey in the smoker. Jet is standing guard, LOL. He's put on his "Kiss the Cook" apron.
wardancer likes this.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #48160
Signal Corps

Than he is going to have some tureky for thanksgiving.

Is the rest of his band around? Than may be the whole turkey.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.
Sponsored Links