Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree12205Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #48421
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 88,083.25
Savings: 0.00
My system is similar. However, the pan drain is not connected to the sanitary drain. It drains outside the house. This is a fairly normal setup in my area.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2021, 03:17 AM   #48422
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22,542.85
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
My system is similar. However, the pan drain is not connected to the sanitary drain. It drains outside the house. This is a fairly normal setup in my area.
LOL, that is against regulations in my town. Even rain water from the roof is led into the sanitary drain or where the sanitary drain of the house ends in the public drain.

You have to pay for rain water led into the public drain and that is computed by the sqm of your roofs and sealed surfaces as for example the drive up.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #48423
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
They try very hard to keep rain water runoff out of the sewers here. In heavy rains, it will overwhelm the wastewater processing plant. Storm water is handled by a different system. Most US storm drainage systems don’t treat the water that passes through them.

What do you do during storms? The amount of water must be overwhelming. Surely your roof must tie into a storm water system rather than waste water.

In cities in dessert areas, the run off water from a routine thunderstorm is impressive. When you’re in Albq. as you drive around you will find these deep dry concrete channels and deep dry arroyos. These will fill with many feet of water in the rain. One of the places I buy jewelry supplies is near the Embudo channel, which drains neighborhoods from near the I 25 I 40 interchange to the Sandia Mtns. One time I was in the store during a 15 mins squall. When I left the channel was at least 8 ft deep in raging water. It had been dry when I went in. Get a really good storm and you’ll have boulders rolling down these arroyos.

This happens in DFW too, sans boulders. Sadly our streets tend to act like the run off channels in some neighborhoods. Don’t take Loop 12 in Dallas in a sudden heavy rain, unless your car can swim.

Don’t tell my local authorities about that rainwater and roof thing. They’d love another way to extract money from me.
subeeds likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 03-03-2021 at 07:37 AM..
Old 03-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #48424
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What do you do during storms? The amount of water must be overwhelming. Surely your roof must tie into a storm water system rather than waste water.

Loop 12 in Dallas in a sudden heavy rain, unless your car can swim.

Don’t tell my local authorities about that rainwater and roof thing. They’d love another way to extract money from me.
First thing is, I think we have no storms like you have with the amount of water.

The drainage systems are really huge. At one point in the town there is a part of the pipe exhibited. It is about a two floors high. There are underground basins, retention basins, which I have never seen are said to be really volominus. Not in my town but in Cologne, some parts of the Roman drainage system may be still in use.

Even in the heaviest rainfall, the water did not spill out of my gutters. Those of the Kindergarten spill always due to bad installation.

Our main problem may be clooged gullies because they are not cleaned often enough or are blocked by cars when the cleaning teams ae working.

I have no swim car. There are some swim cars of WWII but they are quite expansive and you have to pay in cash; even if it is 600 000€.

I promise not to tell your local authorities. You may better delete that portion of the post.
wardancer likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 03-03-2021 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: typing errors corrected (I hope)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #48425
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Hey WD, have you ever been to the Taos Powwow? Should we send BA there if he's in the states at the right time?
Old 03-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #48426
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Oh, heavens I need more social contact. I'm discussing storm water management in a recreational context.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #48427
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 89,837.77
Savings: 1.00
I've never danced at the Taos powwow , however I went once and it had a good crowd ! Unfortunately I've slept since then and I can't say I remember much about it or it could have something to do with my habit of over indulging in certain beverages that I no longer imbibe in !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #48428
Signal Corps

Quote:
Oh, heavens I need more social contact. I'm discussing storm water management in a recreational context.
Than we may need to do video conferencing until this can be changed to recreational courses in face to face again on recreational interests on a regular base.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #48429
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I've never danced at the Taos powwow , however I went once and it had a good crowd ! Unfortunately I've slept since then and I can't say I remember much about it or it could have something to do with my habit of over indulging in certain beverages that I no longer imbibe in !
Yeah, I've slept a few times since I last went in 1995.
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:48 PM   #48430
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Rose looks at the layer of dust on the grill and changes her mind about the burger she was going to order....

Anybody home? Anybody doing anything interesting?
Broken Arrow likes this.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:18 PM   #48431
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Well , yesterday I went to see the rheumatologist for a scheckup ! So far so good ! Less pain and more flexibility ! Then today Eyes had an appointment with a knee specialist ! For some reason she has some muscle missing in her leg and they're trying to figure it out. In any case there are some issues to be figured out. MRI and ex rays and probably several trips to the specialist and we'll get it sorted out. Between truck wrecks and horse wrecks it's hard to say what the culprit is , but it will have to be fixed !
One thing nice is ......it was 73 degrees today and clear skies and plenty of sunshine !!!

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 03-05-2021, 01:24 AM   #48432
Signal Corps

Interesting, hm depends on the interpretation of interesting.

May be clean up the dust and prepare for reopening.

The new corona regualtions are incomprehensible by now but in general we are lock down more or less until March 27 but I bet some moeney that this will be prolonegd again for three weeks and than for another three weeks just short of easter.

I would not be surprised that even that will be prolonge d in order to shut down easter holidays travel.

Th vaccination looks like a great mess as if none is able to plan such a campaigne any more.

Sigh, I hope to only two days left to complete the beading of the first scabbard. And than I am in trouble to get the pattern outlined on the next one.
OLChemist likes this.

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 03-05-2021 at 01:27 AM..
Old 03-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #48433
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Good to hear you're doing better, WD. Thank the Creator!

I hope they figure out what's up with Eyes. Knees can really mess you up. I will pray for her.

Unfortunately, our governor has decided to go ahead with both full reopening and no masks. I'm afraid we're going to go backwards, especially since there is probably a spike in the offing from folks moving in with neighbors or into shelters during the Uri blackouts. Why couldn't we have reopened businesses but kept wearing masks?

But, I think so many people, especially younger ones at lower risk, have decided they're done with obeying rules. The "If you're scared, you wear a mask and hide in your basement, but don't tell me what to do, wear or how far away from you to stand" attitude has taken over. They are done with Covid and don't care about folks dying anymore.
subeeds, gilisi and Broken Arrow like this.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #48434
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,116.13
Happy late birthday @wardancer!!!
Hope you had a great day!!!
My work computer is not cooperating to place all the birthday/party emojis LOL
wardancer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #48435
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Happy Birthday, WD!

Chuy, there is a strange man in the cafe... :)
wardancer and gilisi like this.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:36 PM   #48436
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Thanks , it was a good day ! LOL Everyone keeps asking what I did for my birthday and I just keep telling them "Absolutely NOTHING" ! It was a really good day !

I can't believe they let that guy out of jail ! He is pretty strange !
OLChemist, subeeds and gilisi like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 AM   #48437
Signal Corps

Happy Birthday, belated WD.

LOL, doing nothing, a great day!
OLChemist and gilisi like this.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:49 AM   #48438
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,703.15
Happy Belated BD, cuz! Glad you had a good day. Sometimes doing nothing is the best activity ever. LOL! Glad your pain is lessening.

I've been trying to sort out my medicare, get medicaid and whatever else I need to keep that Uncle Sam guy out of my SS check. I deeply dislike having to have money taken out of my check. Trying to find out what cardiologists are in the network and all that garbage. What a major pain.

The oak trees are really pollinating now, then the cedars will be behind them, then the pines. At least it's moderately warm. We got some rain over the weekend, but it was only enough to make a paste out of the pollen. That was such fun to get off of the windshield. NOT!
OLChemist, gilisi and Broken Arrow like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #48439
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Thanks Cuz , we're supposed to get rain starting Thursday morning and rain all the way through the weekend ! It's all right though as the rain we get now helps the pastures and hay fields !Keeps hay prices reasonable !
Windy as heck today,blowing in all the warm air so it can clash with the cold front that's coming. Small chance of severe weather , but I'm not too concerned !
I did notice the Maple trees are starting to bud and some of Eye's flowers are coming up. Spring has sprung ! LOL

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 03-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #48440
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80,116.13
LOLz

Its me dammit!

I think Chuy is mad. Instead of the usual chilaquiles he makes me, he handed me a plate of stale tortilla chip crumbs and a bottle of tobasco.

Hope you all are doing well!

The fam and I are good. Staying healthy thus far. Getting stir crazy.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links