PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   It's cold!!!! (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/s-cold-61752/)

wyo_rose 12-05-2011 09:30 AM

It's cold!!!!

It's below zero here and not only will my car not start...I can't even get my doors open.

Almost broke off one door handle, and gonna take a blow dryer outside to try to thaw the weather stripping which is epoxied to my door window now. :tongue:

...although we're not theh coldest in the state.. -24 in Laramie and - 35 in Yellowstone Park...

Joe's Dad 12-05-2011 09:40 AM

I feel your pain! It's 49 degrees here. I got my parka and mukluks ready...so when it hits 47...!!! :hysterica

wyo_rose 12-05-2011 09:59 AM

LOL I'm wondering where my Pendleton gloves are right now.

Took forever, but I got one door thawed out, crawled over to the other side to start my car, crawled back out and am looking for my brass bladed ice scraper...Geez!! Already 8:00!!

Joe's Dad 12-05-2011 10:38 AM

Pendleton gloves and brass scrapers???? I want some!

Wait. Just the gloves. I haven't seen an ice scraper...in over a decade!!! hahahaa

wyo_rose 12-05-2011 11:11 AM

Well...the plastic ones don't work on this ice...gotta have a brass blade on it.

My girls got me Pendleton gloves a couple years ago for Christmas. But it looks like they're only selling mittens now....maybe eBay...LOL

I got to work...only 1/2 hour late!!

LISA IRONMAKER 12-05-2011 11:39 AM

Awww Poor wyo_rose hope you made it to work ok. :lol::lol:. Have a nice day and keep warm!!

Joe's Dad 12-05-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LISA IRONMAKER (Post 1501318)
Awww Poor wyo_rose hope you made it to work ok. :lol::lol:. Have a nice day and keep warm!!

Hey Moan-A-Lisa...I'm down here cold too!!! Got my snow chuz n chit out...just in case...it gets down to 47!!! :lol:

How you been, Lisa Ironmaker? Ready for Christmas Day and the Lakers?

I need to get out of bed n quit being so lazy!!!

wyo_rose 12-05-2011 11:46 AM

:lol: Here I am, acting cold in the WARM VALLEY down here.

I remember freezing my butt off one winter in Ft. Belknap!

LISA IRONMAKER 12-05-2011 12:12 PM

:animated:
JD and wyo_rose.

Moan-a-Lis doing good thx. How are you two lovely peeps doing? Nooo soo not ready for xmas. Im one of those last minute ppl always out doing my shoppn xmas eve, :lol::lol: and it NEVER fails, Im like that every fricken yr.

Are you guys ready for xmas??

Yes, I am soo ready for da LAKERS~:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Omg....it gets soo fricken cold here in Fort Belknap.

Newhoo, lol my birthday Dec.10th juss wanted to run that by you guys, hehehehe

subeeds 12-06-2011 01:14 AM

I can't even begin to imagine how cold that must be. My blood would freeze, I am such a southener. LOL! Stay warm, Rose. Hope you find your gloves.

pigheaded 12-06-2011 09:17 AM

I remember those days (vaguely). -10 outside -30 with the windchill, setting up a little scaffold city, tarping it off so we could get some work done. Kind of miss it.

yaahl 12-06-2011 09:33 AM

A Chinook is blowing in and the temps here are a balmy plus 7c. This weather is playing havoc with the ice on the lakes. I just hope we don't end up with ice that has a lot of air pockets.. dangerous to fish then.

CandaePrincess 12-06-2011 11:22 AM

Oklahoma...the land of weather chaos...it's 22 here this morning but a wind chill of 15 degrees. Ahh...just seems like yesterday we were having 100+ days of 100+ weather........

we're so bi-polar......*L*

stay warm wyo!

wyo_rose 12-06-2011 12:25 PM

That's one good thing we have to look forward to - ice fishing. I haven't done that FOREVER!!

comadre 12-06-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 1501513)
we're so bi-polar......*L*

that's funny!We have bi polar weather here in Az as well!Warm all day and slightly cool at night. Like JD up there- I have my winter things awaiting the chill too. When it hits 50 (that's above 0 folks! Lol)then I pull out the hot chocolate and enjoy the outdoors!

although the last two days have been freezing here! which is unusual, I still feel sorry for all you folks up north. Sending you some warmer thoughts.

Hey JD !! Don't ya just loooove this time of the year?!

currently my blanket sits by the door waiting to go outside.

Joe's Dad 12-06-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501523)
that's funny!We have bi polar weather here in Az as well!Warm all day and slightly cool at night. Like JD up there- I have my winter things awaiting the chill too. When it hits 50 (that's above 0 folks! Lol)then I pull out the hot chocolate and enjoy the outdoors!

although the last two days have been freezing here! which is unusual, I still feel sorry for all you folks up north. Sending you some warmer thoughts.

Hey JD !! Don't ya just loooove this time of the year?!

currently my blanket sits by the door waiting to go outside.

Hi c'mon! I kinda like it better in February...when it's 85z! :laughing:

the things in my truck said 30 this morning when I got in it.

That's a little nipply, eh?

comadre 12-07-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1501531)
Hi c'mon! I kinda like it better in February...when it's 85z! :laughing:

the things in my truck said 30 this morning when I got in it.

That's a little nipply, eh?

Hi JD! The "THINGS" in your truck? you mean like the left over liquid had a bit of ice starting? ya-that was wierd for me too.I had some ice on my windows when I went to church Sunday and I forgot for a moment where I lived! LOL.

what's nice about our nippy right now is that by noon it's sweater weather again.

:tongue:

comadre 12-07-2011 03:25 AM

.......... you said "nippley!" :eek:

RDNKJ 12-07-2011 12:15 PM

Had our first in-town hard freeze last night!

The kitties and I really appreciated my electric mattress pad!!! :tongue:

Joe's Dad 12-11-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501648)
.......... you said "nippley!" :eek:

no c-mom...I said...N I P P L Y ! :hysterica

I'm getting ready to work in the rain the next couple of days. Sometimes you have a 28 foot ladder propped up on a telephone pole and have to climb it to fix a problem. I just love to work outdoors in all the different weathers!

I use my hair like a weather rock. hahahaaa