Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat It's cold!!!! It's cold!!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #141
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Same here Rose, we dropped down overnight. The moon's getting full again so we always have the temps drop when that happens... (one of those ancient Haida weather forecasting things..lol)

And JD or piggy, NOT one word about the ancient...LOL
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #142
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
OH!! I'll have to keep that in mind.

It should be a nice day tho...clear and cold...but I think we need more snow to cover the ice and give us a little TRACTION!!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #143
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Same here Rose, we dropped down overnight. The moon's getting full again so we always have the temps drop when that happens... (one of those ancient Haida weather forecasting things..lol)

WHAT?
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #144
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 122,327.61
Savings: 1.00
Quote:

This got me to thinking about a story I once saw.

We was in Baltimore for a powwow. We had done finished powwowing for the day and we was staying with some friends. The night was warm...and the moon was full. So in Baltimore...you 'stoop'. LOL Now you stoopers know what I be's talking about. So Anyhoo...me and William is stooping and it's weekend and getting late. By looking at the full moon...me and William figured it was done past midnight.

So out of the blue...or I should say ...black...a taxi pulls up across the street. So me and William see this party of four...drunks...pile out of the taxi. We couldn't tell what they was...but one of them...the slightly larger one...she musta been Cherokee...or maybe Blackfoot Band of Saponi from you know where!

So the slightly larger woman musta been done dancing too hard, cuz when she got out the taxi, she had her shoes in her hand (Cherokees like her do not wear chuz) and her mini skirt was riding pretty high. Well...me and William...later figured out she mighta been little tipsy too.

All of a sudden, she trows (she didn't throw them) her shoes down...and tries to put her feet in them. Well...me and Williams was watching...but wasn't laffing. So Neways...her shoes musta been moving on her cuz they wouldn't go on her feet. Now we know how smart these tipsy, slightly large, yella hair Cherokees or Blackfoots can be. The woman (why on earth she didn't squat down me and William will never know)...bends over at the waist and tries to keep her shoes from moving so she can slide her foot in them!

me and William will never for the night we saw TWO FULL MOONS IN BALTIMORE that one night while we was stooping!

Any body else got a Full Moon story?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 01-06-2012 at 11:55 PM..
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #145
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Not a ful moon story but wait for it, we'll see plenty of Fool moon howlers on here...lol

Good story JD.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #146
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
lmao two full moons. lmao that is a funny story! sposed to be warm again tomorrow as well. lmao
Old 01-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #147
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man, its too warm for good ice to form. A couple small lakes are ok for fishing, but THE lake - 7 mile long /2800 feet deep -Bull Lake - is still open.

Too cold for ice to melt except on the highways, too warm for fishing...ugh!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #148
CheyManche Mommy

Items ElephantElephantPresent
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 54,978.29
Its freezing here today in Oklahoma...got a little bit of snow last night...nothing to bad...just that powder snow...Im ready for some real snow...haven't been able to use the snow sleds this year...IM READY!!
Be humble, but not shy.
Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life
cris_neva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #149
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Oh man, its too warm for good ice to form. A couple small lakes are ok for fishing, but THE lake - 7 mile long /2800 feet deep -Bull Lake - is still open.

Too cold for ice to melt except on the highways, too warm for fishing...ugh!
Temps have dropped a bit to firm up the ice... we're sitting on the prairies with lakes at 10-12 inches of ice, in the mountains, the lakes are about 18 inches of ice.

The lack of snow is concerning the ranchers and farmers again. After last summer and last winter's rain and snow falls, we just had enough water to keep a tree alive for a year. If we head back into a drought again, we're snookered for keeping food costs down.

(the worse of it is that to fight field fires when there's a drought, the farmers/ranchers use liquid pig poop to put them out... now wet pig poop is a pretty foul smell.. burned pig poop is just nasty...lol)

Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #150
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Lightbulb its freezing cold tonite

we got snow starting early this afternoon. its in the teens now with about 1-2 inches of snow on the ground. should melt tomorrow if the sun comes out. im heading to be soon to warm up and rest before PT tomorrow. a heated pool sure sounds great about now! **laughin**

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #151
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
It's cold here too. 50 degrees and ..I had to turn the furnace on the other night! might have to do it again this month. BBRRRR.

Last edited by comadre; 01-13-2012 at 04:47 AM..
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #152
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
It's cold here too. 50 degrees and ..I had to turn the furnace on the other night! might have to do it again this month. BBRRRR.
I know I posted these last winter... but not a lot has changed... cold is cold... and my hubby still thinks this is ice fishing...
Attached Thumbnails
winter-library.jpg   2bc762576bd94027da6a74a2e60d7.jpg  

Old 01-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #153
Ready to dance

Those are great. I wish I had pics of horizontal icicles on the fences (irrigation sprinkler + wind), the HUGE icicles coming off the roof gutters all twisted, the sea of ice that is our driveway, etc...
Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #154
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Whoa.
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #155

Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
well now it is cold. 9 degrees. brrrr, just wanna stay in, glad i do not start work for another week. lol gonna cuddle up and stay inside and stay warm. gonna be good to be done with here and there temp work.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #156
Ready to dance

Wow, it's warm today - up to the mid 30s - just not warm enough to do anything about our underlying layer of ice.

But I'm stuck inside..until it gets dark. :(
Old 01-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #157

it's a lil warmer here because it is snowing. not looking forward to the cold snap after the snow fall'
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #158
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

It's now reached minus 40c here... which is also minus 40 F...lol

Everyone is being sent home, all you can hear is tires clunking because they are frozen into a square shape - the propane in the tanks has turned to liquid... and exposed skin will freeze in less than 5 mins..

Awesome... lol

Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #159
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's now reached minus 40c here... which is also minus 40 F...lol

Everyone is being sent home, all you can hear is tires clunking because they are frozen into a square shape - the propane in the tanks has turned to liquid... and exposed skin will freeze in less than 5 mins..

Awesome... lol
wow cover up and what happens when the gas turn to liquid cover up im sure you do
Old 01-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #160
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Weather for Austin, TX
72°F | °C Mon
Partly Sunny
Overcast
Wind: S at 8 mph
Humidity: 66%
can i still post in here ? even if it not cold here yet..

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-16-2012 at 04:22 PM..
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links