Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat The sleep lab The sleep lab

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
Exclamation The sleep lab

Well, i spoke with my doctor about getting some help for my SLEEP APNEA. When they found out it has been several years since my original SLEEP STUDY, it was decided i had to go get another one done.

my SLEEP STUDY will start tomorrow MONDAY JANUARY 23, 2012 at 8pm. i really dont look forward to it. i will keep you posted on how it goes. Later today, i will just be gathering all my stuff needed for it, and for my PT which i set up for MONDAY too. I figured it would help me to fall asleep easier.

WISH ME LUCK!
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
I have two friends that use the CPAP mask & machine, both swear it has improved their lives.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
I have two friends that use the CPAP mask & machine, both swear it has improved their lives.
WHEW! THANK YOU AMIGO! that is reassuring. i am feeling a little apprehensive about all this. Yet i sure dont want to die because i didnt take care of it. and then again...what a peaceful way to go...in your sleep. on the other hand...what if i was having a nightmare like i ususally do! *jittery laughter*

all kidding aside, i sure do appreciate your posting something like this. warm hugs my friend!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

how the sleep lab went...

i am finally back from the sleep lab. the day i was supposed to go in, i couldnt fall asleep until around 5:30 in the morning. they i got a phone call at near 7 a.m. from the sleep center to remind me i had an appointment with them! well , i didnt get back to sleep so i got ready for the day.

then i had my full 4 hours of physical therapy...so i was pretty tired. normally when i am that tired i take a short nap on the drive home...but since my place was so far away, i had decided to stick around town until the sleep lab opened up at 8pm.

when i got to the sleep lab, everything was different as far as the test went. what they did first was to hook all the electrodes up to my body after i showered and dried really well. good thing i was wearing a t-shirt with shorts for my sleep clothes, cos the tech told me to slip the wires down inside my shirt, then my shorts all the way to the floor. i got two hooked up to each shin, a couple on my ribs each side, then on my chest, near my neck and all over my head and face! i told the lady that i felt like i was on that TV show FACE OFF! all the gizmos had to be put on with some really sticky paste....even on my long hair!! it took 3 shampooings to get it out!! my hair was like straw.

the tech told me they do the sleep study in two parts...the first was just an evaluation with all the wires to monitor my sleeping. i had to meet several criteria to see if i moved to the second stage, which was to sleep with a breathing machine. even as tired as i was, it was hard to sleep when you know every breath, cough, twitch or whatever was being not only monitored, but watched on camera.

i guess i mustve met the criteria because at some point in the night she came in, woke me up and put me with a breathing thing that looked like one of those nose masks you see on jet pilots. i was surprised how light weight it was! i fell back to sleep faster than the first time and slept pretty sound. at least that is all i remember before they came in at 6am to take off all the gear.

i was told that it would take a couple to a few weeks to know about the tests because the results have to go through so many hands and evaluations. however, it looks like i will end up sleeping with that mask or one simular. if it keeps me alive....i am ready for it!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Good to hear all went well. We all need to get good sleep.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links