Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat So what would you do?? So what would you do??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #61
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Savings: 1.00
Ownership of a gun...something I have been thinking about recently. Since I live alone most of the time with my husband working on the other side of the state. I think Henry would give me lessons if I asked him. I just don't know if I could pull the trigger. I hope I never have to find out.

Realistically though, I think I will take the lessons and hope for the best. But really, you just need a ruger? I'm not ready I think to own a gun.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #62
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
I'm not ready I think to own a gun.
There's a lady that I work with, she's in her 60's , she is avidly and profoundly AGAINST gun ownership of ANY KIND for ANY REASON...she and her husband live alone, he is now retired, and they have begun to notice that the area where they live is not what it used to be...a neighbor came home to a burglar in progress the other day..my co-worker's husband has decided that it's time they bought a handgun for the house. She has agreed to his decision, and she is going to take lessons on how to use it. She too, does not know if she will ever be able to pull the trigger, but, she feels if it is going to be in her house, that she needs to know how to use it just in case it comes down to it someday.

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I want a black or a chocolate lab myself. Labs are fun and friendly dogs. My insurance company won't allow me to have a pit bull, rottweiler, chow or a doberman. Something to consider when buying a dog is if your renters or home owners insurance will allow it. They will cancel your policy if they find out you have a dog they don't like.
lol i did not know that! man those dogs got a bad rap! did you know that if someone damages your car as in vandalism the homeowners or renters insurance belonging to the vandal covers it. found that out years ago when some brats broke out my windows and daddy's insurance had to kick in.

oh and i love labs! my fav breed next to malteese
Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #64
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I've really been thinking about this, cuz we have a 12 gauge shot gun by the door and I just shot it for the first time last week. Luckily I hit was I was aiming at, was able to reload and hit something further away, and I was joking at the time that I need to be ready for the zombie apocalypse.

But after reading this thread, I realized, you gotta be ready to protect you and yours. The night before last I was dreaming about this guy breaking in and there were 3 of us girls, we tried different guns and couldn't get them to work, and he took one...finally I grabbed him by the throat and squeezed his windpipe together. Thinnking I might kill him, I loosened my grip, until I realized he was gonna kill us, so I squeezed it again and held it until he was dead.

Pretty disturbing!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #65
CheyManche Mommy

Items ElephantElephantPresent
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 56,263.22
I use to keep a gun in the house, that is until I had my littles....My oldest is now 13 and Ive been thinking about getting another one...I thought about taking my son to the gun range and teaching him the proper way to handle a gun and take him to a safety class...We live in the city and you just never know these days. People are crazy and you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your family! I wouldn't think twice about shooting a gun if my life/safety or my family's life/safety depended on it! Just my two cents!
Be humble, but not shy.
Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life
cris_neva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #66
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
Ownership of a gun...something I have been thinking about recently. Since I live alone most of the time with my husband working on the other side of the state. I think Henry would give me lessons if I asked him. I just don't know if I could pull the trigger. I hope I never have to find out.

Realistically though, I think I will take the lessons and hope for the best. But really, you just need a ruger? I'm not ready I think to own a gun.
well them were good cents. lol. i agree, it has been years since i shot a gun, way back when i worked at the one of the prisons out here. seen to many of my fam and friends get hurt because of stupid careless actions, as well as, violence. tired of it. however, i agree with you. i can not say i would never own a gun but who knows
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #67
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
If you have all the necessary permits and ownership papers AND the weapon you are carrying is not on the prohibited or restricted lists AND you declared the weapon at the border/customs... you're good. If not, you're screwed... now if you use it while you are traveling here and shoot someone or a protected animal you may find yourself a guest of Her Majesty's courts and jails for a little longer than you expected.

I carry a rifle with me when I'm a) traveling where there has been numerous sightings of bears, cougars and other beasties that like to lunch on me and b) when I'm berry picking or fishing where there is bear activity. I'd be nuts and very stupid if I didn't carry a weapon then.
Just curious. And I'm actually wondering what the laws are for Canadians traveling within Canada. And specifically about handguns. Long-guns are a whole 'nuther category in Texas law. What about concealed carry permits? Do any of the Canadian provinces have such a thing? Texas law allows carrying a concealed handgun w/out a permit in your vehicle if you're "traveling." The definition of "traveling" is sometimes murky, but I am allowed to "travel" with a handgun and ammo in the car with me for self-defense.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #68
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,148.17
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
You know why that is? We found out 'cause the dog I've been talking about was Shepherd, doberman with a little lab in him and he had the doberman markings so many mistook him for a doberman. We found out that the breeders of the Rots and Dobs, and a few other's, will over bread them and as generations are born their skulls shrink and don't grow when their brains do so when they get older they tend to snap and attack anyone including their own people. This came straight from the vet and then the Insurance agent confirmed it. So if you get a mixed breed, they are just as protective, but don't have the same problems. I found that out the hard/easy way.LOL
I was trying to find some research on that and I've seen some conflicting reports. Most people seem to agree that if the dogs brain grew too large for it's skull it would just kill the dog. None came from a reputable scientific source, though.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #69
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I was trying to find some research on that and I've seen some conflicting reports. Most people seem to agree that if the dogs brain grew too large for it's skull it would just kill the dog. None came from a reputable scientific source, though.
If you are checking with breeders you will never find out 'cause they make money off the dogs and don't want people to know the risks. Check with a Vet who deals with dog breeders and they will tell you. Yes, if it grows too large, but as they are growing the and the skull doesn't it pinches and the dog snaps tending to make people put the dog to sleep before it dies. That's what the Vet told us when we had our mixed dog. I have a good friend of mine who's been breeding dogs for over 20 years and she takes very good care of her dogs, they are like her children. And she tells me stuff all the time. Vet's tell most breeders to only breed their females so many times and then retire them, many don't and keep going 'cause of the money. My friend does exactly what the Vet says and as a matter of fact she is getting ready to retire her basset.LOL She's breed all kinds of dogs from Boxer's to Rots to bulldogs and is now doing "Designer Puppies".LOL Believe me she works it 'cause every time we see each other she's on the phone making deals most of the time. She is certified through the AKC and like two other organizations like that or something like that, not too sure on all that stuff but she tells me.LOL Although, all her dogs go to the vet and are well taken care of, not all breeder's practice that and many actually don't. She gave one of her dogs to another breeder, who also was through the AKC. When she got there she told them how her dog was used to being treated and told them not to put her in a cage in some outside facility with straw or anything like that, she said it before she met them too. Oh they agreed and all of that. She dropped the dog off and came to see me and was flipping out over the conditions that she saw. She had a fit all the way home with her husband too. You know what, they called her a couple of days later 'cause the dog wouldn't let anyone near her and almost bit them a few times. My friend flipped 'cause she had had that dog for several years and that wasn't like her. When they got there to pick the dog back up, she was in a cage in a barn with other dogs. My friend said it made her sick and she wanted to report them for bad breeding conditions. I don't know if she did, but she was absolutely furious. So that's the point, although one takes good care of their dogs, not all do and it's those who don't that wind up having the problems. But like I said, it was told to us 20 years ago by a vet and confirmed by my insurance agent and then another vet who was a dog breeder herself. Just a thought on that.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #70
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,060.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
No. Seriously. I wanna cut their head off if they come into my domain.

I have a big *** hunting knife in between my mattress n box spring. Once in a while, I'll reach down just to make sure I can feel the handle. Get close enough and I'm cutting ur friggen head off.

I do plan on getting a home security weapon. I want a .357 Mag revolver, but yesterday, I was at a cop's house (He's the one who said he was a cop, ok. LOL) and he was showing me his Glock n S&W .45s. The S&W came up to the shooting position something sweet.

Note: I've always had shotguns and rifles cuz I like to hunt. My kids were always aware of guns. My son bought his first rifle, a .22, with his powwow contest winnings when he was 9.

Anybody else like the smell of burnt gun powder as an aphrodisiac?
My dad had a .357-made both me and my mom take a shooting course after he got it. I got 2 shots fired at the first class and it sprained my wrist. My mom got really good with it. She got so good, she nearly shot me one night when I was sneaking back in the house because I was an hour late for my curfew. I was halfway through the window, saw her come around the corner, saw the silver of the gun in the hall light and screamed "mom, it's me, don't shoot"! That brought my dad running down the hallway where he fell over the cat and put his hand through the drywall trying to catch himself. It's funny now, but at the time, I got grounded for a month and failed to see the humor.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #71
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,802.32
I think most people who are concerned about protection from humans or critters should know how to shoot a gun. but you don't have to buy one and I think its a good idea to find a good gun store with a firing range and try some fire arms. You may find you have some physical limitations or other reasons why you want one over the other, and you can find out if you would actually use it. You shouldn't have it if you would be too afraid to use it, because then you are arming your attacker. if my attacker had found my shotgun I wouldn't be here.

My uncle always said a pump shotgun is the best, and I agree because there aren't a lot of people that won't take off when they hear you pump it and a shot toward the air will send most dogs running. you don't have to aim much, and it'll do the job. The problem some older people have is that having the stock on it where you got to put in your shoulder, if you have any arthritis can be a bit much. but a pistol grip on a slightly lighter gauge shortbarrelled shotgun gives you hunting ability and home protection. Of course you need two of them and a long black trenchcoat...
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #72
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
Just curious. And I'm actually wondering what the laws are for Canadians traveling within Canada. And specifically about handguns. Long-guns are a whole 'nuther category in Texas law. What about concealed carry permits? Do any of the Canadian provinces have such a thing? Texas law allows carrying a concealed handgun w/out a permit in your vehicle if you're "traveling." The definition of "traveling" is sometimes murky, but I am allowed to "travel" with a handgun and ammo in the car with me for self-defense.
The short and sweet of it is, private citizens can not carry a conealed weapon. To transport a handgun you are required to obtain a permit authorizing you to move it and you are then restricted (according to the weapon) as to when and how you can move it. I've had to move handguns from a training exercise at 3am when there is zero chance of getting jacked for them. And the regs for traveling on a civvy street/hwy are very strict.

Basically, it must be unloaded, rendered inoperable by a secure locking device, in a "container" of "opaque material" that is "of such strength, construction and nature that it cannot be readily broken open or into or accidentally opened during transportation" that "does not have any markings on its exterior that could indicate that a weapon, a prohibited device or ammunition is in it". You can have your name and address marked on the outside, but that's about it.

The vehicle must be in your "direct and immediate supervision"; you must be licensed to convey the weapon (which also means you cannot be under 18 years of age, since you would be ineligible to have a permit to convey if you were).
The regulations do not specifically mention whether the unmarked container should be visible or not if you are in the vehicle; but the "direct and immediate supervision" does imply that it's fine if it is and you are there. They don't mind if you transport in a locked trunk, though.

They also state that if you leave the vehicle for any reason, the container must not be visible from the outside of the vehicle, and wherever it is, that area must be locked at all times.

The penalty for unsafe or unlawful transport is up to 5 years in Prison.

As far as permits for concealed weapons, you essentially need to be an peace officer of some kind with a bona fide reason; it's not a carte blanche either; they will take a dim view of such things as carrying it while on vacation. Private Investigators, Bodyguards, and the like cannot carry a concealed weapon, and although I have no idea where you would be able to confirm it, I'm told no private citizen has ever had a concealed carry permit issued in Canada since at least the early 70's and possibly before.

I'm not sure how you would even be in a position to apply for one: "Personal Defense" is an option on the Application for a Handgun Permit, but it's a "trap question"; checking that box is automatic grounds for refusal, now or in the future.

In essence, if you need the Concealed Carry permit, you must have lied on the Application for a Restricted Weapon, when you said you were interested in target shooting at your gun club or engaging in the sport of competition shooting (the only reasons we issue non-collector handgun permits in Canada to persons outside the administration of justice) and that is also grounds for revoking the permit in the first place.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. ó Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #73
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Thanks, Yaahl! Like I said, I was just kinda curious. It's interesting how different societies look at things. But, wow, gun regs really are pretty free and easy down here compared to y'all! I guess it goes without saying that y'all don't have open carry either. Surprisingly, Texas doesn't allow open carry.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #74
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Wyoming passed a new law recently to carry concealed weapons without a permit, as long as the person meets the following criteria:

Concealed weapons at a glance

Permit requirements include:

-- The person is a U.S. resident.

-- They are at least 21 years old.

-- They do not suffer from a physical infirmity that inhibits safe handling.

-- They are not ineligible to possess a firearm under federal law.

-- They have not been committed to a detention facility because of a felony or misdemeanor controlled substance violation.

-- They do not chronically or habitually use alcohol to an extent that their normal facilities are impaired.

-- They are not adjudicated to be legally incompetent.

-- They have not been committed to a mental institution.

Places where concealed weapons are prohibited include:

-- Law enforcement agencies

-- Prisons or jails

-- Courtrooms

-- Meetings of government agencies

-- Colleges and universities, including sponsored athletic events

-- Bars

-- Gatherings for the purpose of religious worship

-- Elementary and secondary schools
Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #75
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Gun Owner Warning!

National Alert to Gun Theft Operations

Posted on January 4, 2012 by Georgetown PD

Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location thatís less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the Sheriff of Bexar County came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first Iíve heard of this in . Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list. Daily check you car, truck or motor home for unusual painted dots, marks, check marks or other strange looking symbols that are not normal to your type vehicle. It could prevent you from being a victim of robbery, or even save your life if you catch the thief in the act.

This next comment from a Gun Site instructor:

I donít know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.

Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.

BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in the month before.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links