Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Sometimes you just GOTTA Sometimes you just GOTTA

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Savings: 0.00
Sometimes you just GOTTA

You ever have those moments in life when you have to just make do with what you have?...I find moments like that make me thankful for having what I have and for the better days when they show up...

I remember when I was a kid, that at christmas time we got lots of handmade gifts....I still have a lot of mine...some of the best ones I ever got were like that....

There was one year I got a doll chest for christmas from my grandparents....I still have it...I found out after my grandmother died, that it was more than what it appeared...
The doll chest is just a rectangular chest that stands on 4 little feet to raise it up off the ground and it is padded and covered in some sort of white naugahide looking material....I would put my dolls, and little doll clothes in it.....It is about
3 feet long and about 1 1/2 feet wide and doesn't even stand up 3 feet tall, it's just right for a little girl......It was originally made for a little girl....it was originally made for my grandmother...and she got it on Christmas morning , back during the Depression when she was the age I was, when I received it......Her daddy had made it out of bits and pieces of whatever what not he could find laying around town, and her mother padded and covered it to make it pretty, by using material from an old dress that was no longer useable....that material is still underneath the white that is on it today....

I also have a bird cage that a great uncle hand made from dowel rods, because his wife wanted song birds, she couldn't get outside during the day because she was in a wheelchair, he could afford to buy either the bird cage or the bird, so he made the cage and then bought her a bird to go in it, the bottom of the cage is an old biscuit pan.......

I have lots of things like that, where the family has made do with what we had....what about you?...ever had those times when you just had to make do with what you had?...

Ever tried to make coffe in the coffee pot with a paper towel as the coffee filter????

YIKES!! That was a mess!!

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
[QUOTE=

I have lots of things like that, where the family has made do with what we had....what about you?...ever had those times when you just had to make do with what you had?...

Ever tried to make coffe in the coffee pot with a paper towel as the coffee filter????

YIKES!! That was a mess!![/QUOTE]

We gotta get you learned.
If you go over to the "you must be from the rez" thread...it's the same flavor. or- oh nevermind.

let's start with coffee. NEVER.I do mean NEVER use a papertowel to make coffee. That said....if you think ahead (something you must do when things are scarce and you live on the rez) you can empty the last filter you used ,rinse it and dry it with your dishes and re use it next morning.
If u have filter but no pot or no electricity u can take a glass put your filter on top and fold over the top of filter and rubberband it. Pour hot water into filter let coffee drain right into the glass or whatever container u have.I used a flower vase once.Don't ask.

If you have NO filter and no pot....throw some coffee into a pan with water. boil and (sift if u must) just pour and drink.
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #3

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
If you go over to the "you must be from the rez" thread...it's the same flavor. or- oh nevermind.
I LOVE THAT THREAD...but I didn't want to interrupt...

But please continue with my lessons, so I won't look like such a dork when I get there....(Please and thank you!!)

Quote:
let's start with coffee. NEVER.I do mean NEVER use a papertowel to make coffee. That said....if you think ahead (something you must do when things are scarce and you live on the rez) you can empty the last filter you used ,rinse it and dry it with your dishes and re use it next morning.
If u have filter but no pot or no electricity u can take a glass put your filter on top and fold over the top of filter and rubberband it. Pour hot water into filter let coffee drain right into the glass or whatever container u have.I used a flower vase once.Don't ask.

If you have NO filter and no pot....throw some coffee into a pan with water. boil and (sift if u must) just pour and drink.

I didn't do that!! LOL!!..My brother did...I have camping gear and know how to use it...whether its over the fire pit or the grill...LOL!!! But I like the lesson you've given me....MORE PLEASE!!!

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
No offense, but...y'all are doing it wrong! I've used paper towels in place of coffee filters to make coffee many-a-time, and never had a problem.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
outnumbered

comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
No offense, but...y'all are doing it wrong! I've used paper towels in place of coffee filters to make coffee many-a-time, and never had a problem.
yuck! I would rather have nothing then paper towels and throw some grounds in a pot! LOL.

Hey trouble, those are some really neat stories you shared with us about your family.How precious those kinds of things are in our lives.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
pigheaded

Quote:

And if you are really poor, you just take a pinch and place it between your cheek and gum, that's how we used to do it back in the day. Come to think of it, I think is how I learned to chew. lol
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,457.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
I think I just GOTTA, but I don't know what!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
And if you are really poor, you just take a pinch and place it between your cheek and gum, that's how we used to do it back in the day. Come to think of it, I think is how I learned to chew. lol
OH COME ON PORKY! DO YOU EXPECT US TO BUY THAT?

Trouble. Next lesson. Especially since you are as florescent as I am~ ndn folks get a kick out of pulling your leg.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
pigheaded

Quote:
OH COME ON PORKY! DO YOU EXPECT US TO BUY THAT?

Trouble. Next lesson. Especially since you are as florescent as I am~ ndn folks get a kick out of pulling your leg.
did you have co-op water, well or water tank on your rez
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #10

Items GuitarPanda
Quote:
Yeah, Me too, I practically glow in the dark.......and I have noticed, lke you said, that some of these wonderful people here do like to pull on my leg...I'm glad you told me that..

Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #11

Items GuitarPanda
comadre,
while we are on the topic of lessons..can you tell me why everyone keeps asking me these 4 questions:

1) What's your tribe? Now, I could understand this to a certain degree, because this is powwow.com, ... BUT, it seems like almost EVERY MALE that I've spoken to here has asked me this, and none of the women have asked, ...It's stood out as maybe someone's is joking around with me because of that...any clue?? Are these guys pulling on my legs like you said?

2) Why do I keep getting told, "You remind me of my grandmother" ?
Am I missing something?

3)You really do know how to cook don't you?

4) How's your bead work coming along? Again, more guys than gals ask this...the only gals that ask about it are other ladies who have been on the beading threads..and by the way ladies, I REALLY appreciate all the tips and guidance you have given me and some of the guys too have been really nice and helpful...I have never seen men before that were interested in this kind of progress and quite honestly its rather refreshing ....

So anyway, I'd appreciate a little insight...are these guys joking around with me and I'm just not catching on to it???

Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble View Post
comadre,
while we are on the topic of lessons..can you tell me why everyone keeps asking me these 4 questions:

1) What's your tribe? Now, I could understand this to a certain degree, because this is powwow.com, ... BUT, it seems like almost EVERY MALE that I've spoken to here has asked me this, and none of the women have asked, ...It's stood out as maybe someone's is joking around with me because of that...any clue?? Are these guys pulling on my legs like you said?

Am I missing something?

4) How's your bead work coming along? Again, more guys than gals ask this...the only gals that ask about it are other ladies who have been on the beading threads..and by the way ladies, I REALLY appreciate all the tips and guidance you have given me and some of the guys too have been really nice and helpful...I have never seen men before that were interested in this kind of progress and quite honestly its rather refreshing ....

So anyway, I'd appreciate a little insight...are these guys joking around with me and I'm just not catching on to it???
Well, I'm just a White boy, but as a male - er, sounds to me like some of those mens might be looking for something more than a one-night-snag!
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
I think I just GOTTA, but I don't know what!
Now I just GOTTA ask!

Comrade, Trouble: what make you two glow?

Are you two from the same rez?

What's in the water that you two drink?

Or is it from showering with special chemicals that make you two glow?

Do you prefer to be called glow-sticks?

What happens after the light goes out?

Do you have to recharge by being in a freezer?

Does one have to bend you to start glowing?

I think that is enough, eh?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
did you have co-op water, well or water tank on your rez
We had well water stored by underground tank where I lived. Now I think I know where you are going with this. There were times that we had no water at all.Especially after the monsoons came through and because the roads washed out- we could not even access drinking water from the nearest city either.So the guys in our family would suck on tea bags for the caffeine. Us women would not try it.

Don't know if that is where you are going with this- but the lesson for trouble still stands cuz man I have had my leg pulled sooooo many times by you folks! LMAO!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Quote:
Now I just GOTTA ask!

Comrade, Trouble: what make you two glow? GLO-WORMS from planet mars

Are you two from the same rez? AREA 50 1/2. THAT BE NEAR AREA 51. could be why we glow.

What's in the water that you two drink? CHEMILUMINESENCE, FLOURESCENCE, PHOSPHORESCENCE, of the highest quality from the planet VENUS.

Or is it from showering with special chemicals that make you two glow? NO NOT SPECIAL ONES..just the ones in our drinkin H2o

Do you prefer to be called glow-sticks? NO….GLO-CHICKS

What happens after the light goes out? WHATEVER IT IS…IT AINT WITH YOU.

Do you have to recharge by being in a freezer? NO…HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS...Instructions
Cut the connector off the wire from my hold bowl. Separate the wires for a distance of 1 foot, and then strip 1/4 inch of the insulation from the tuber ends.

Plug in the unit. Probe the wires with your multimeter to determine which is the positive wire. This will be the wire that the red probe is touching when the meter display is a positive number. Connect a red alligator clip to this wire.

Connect a black alligator clip to the negative wire from a tuber.

Disconnect the old tuber from my hold bowl. Clip the red alligator clip on the positive terminal of the tuber and the black to the negative before plugging the holding bowl.

Does one have to bend you to start glowing? NO….YOU, may glow anytime you wish.

I think that is enough, eh?
naaah

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 11-18-2011 at 10:26 PM..
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
When ya gotta boil coffee with no filterůput some clean egg shells in to help settle the grounds. this is an old handy dandy tip.
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble View Post
comadre,

Am I missing something?

I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
outnumbered

Quote:
Now I just GOTTA ask!

Do you prefer to be called glow-sticks?
Ghloe is just fine thanx. Why you razing me?

OH! I get it! You are wanting to get us back for the dedication thread!LOL!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
Standing Rock

Quote:
I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole!
I'm not going to risk my pole for that either!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
outnumbered

Quote:
I'm not going to risk my pole for that either!
Sponsored Links