PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   spiritual guidance (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/spiritual-guidance-23839/)

erco415 12-08-2004 07:43 PM

crow_reza 12-08-2004 08:07 PM

Whatch ya need guidance about? I'm not sayin that I'm a medicine man or anything, but my grandpa taught me a lot. Jus thought that I could help in any way that I can.

Singing Eagle 12-08-2004 08:42 PM

Suntesha
You raise many eyebrows when you advertise your need this way - for many reasons too numerous to get into now. The internet is not an appropriate way to reach the audience you would like to get in touch with as genuine elders and teachers don't advertise or solicit on the internet. You'll likely just get a lot of replies from yahoos.............be careful.

crow_reza 12-08-2004 09:29 PM

Sorry Suntesha, but Singing Eagle's right. Asking for a medicine man is too much ta ask for, especially asking for 1 on the internet, kinda like looking in the want ads....aye, (that's funny I can see it now WANTED: old and wise medicine man, preferably from tha REZ). No, but being serious, once I think about it, I wouldn't want my grandpa's teachings on some internet page so a buncha bawsh-gee-las could misinterpret the true meaning. So sorry, but asking for a medicine man on this site is jus 2 much..................(Get sum crazy N-Denz tryin ta comment, so that they can prove how much N-Den they are). But don't worry, you'll find yur guidance somehow, jus not frum this place.

AngelFeather 12-08-2004 09:40 PM

I agree with the other posts, this is not the place to ask for such guidance. keep searching but the internet isnt the place to search for that kind of help, you will only run into troubles and alot of phonies trying to claim they are something that they are NOT.
Good Luck on your search.

Kiwehnzii 12-08-2004 11:22 PM

I think Badmanic is a shaman. How about it Sham? Help her out.

erco415 12-09-2004 12:17 AM

erco415 12-09-2004 12:22 AM

Singing Eagle 12-09-2004 12:25 AM

There's other ways to find what you seek. I can think of several things I would try if I were you - there's lots of resources in OK - just be cautious about who you trust. My only other advice - as a woman - I would try to consult a woman for guidence. Men are great but they don't see things, experience things as we do and there are far too many who claim to be someone of health and wellness who abuse that position of trust. When you make a declaration or advertisement of your need (like this thread), it attracts those.

badmaninc 12-09-2004 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I think Badmanic is a shaman. How about it Sham? Help her out.

How did I get to be a shaman. I am only a poor indian. I learn from my family. Don't have any extraordinary gifts. I hope you were only kidding. Please do not say it seriously. Please you will actually hurt the one feeling I have. I paid good money for it off of a vendor at a powwow once. Only use that feeling on special occasions.

BurBz 12-09-2004 11:05 AM

Goood Advice SE :D

this1ndnchic 12-09-2004 11:10 AM

i agree with everyone else...sure this site is informational to an extent. Its not really wise to meet just anyone for "spiritual guidance"...I say meet with your elders and what singing eagle said.. Now powwows.com is fun to have a few good laughs but its not a place to to really seek spirituality just cuz everyone has different teachings...ect

Kiwehnzii 12-09-2004 12:16 PM

I was jus kiddin, Badmanic.

Did you forget we're Indians?

Kakeeya 12-09-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmaninc
I hope you were only kidding. Please do not say it seriously. Please you will actually hurt the one feeling I have. I paid good money for it off of a vendor at a powwow once. Only use that feeling on special occasions.

I THINK he was trying to joke back with ya Ki :Chatter

Anyway I've been wondering what his one feeling is that he bought at a powwow :confused:

IrOqUoIs_FeMmE15 12-09-2004 04:22 PM

I think that evryone hit the nail on the head. My best advice to give to you is to go to some powwows in OK. You never know who you might meet. Theres someone out there who has the answers you need all you have to do is look in your own backyard.

Coyot_In_The_House 12-09-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singing Eagle
There's other ways to find what you seek. I can think of several things I would try if I were you - there's lots of resources in OK - just be cautious about who you trust. My only other advice - as a woman - I would try to consult a woman for guidence. Men are great but they don't see things, experience things as we do and there are far too many who claim to be someone of health and wellness who abuse that position of trust. When you make a declaration or advertisement of your need (like this thread), it attracts those.

:Naughty :wizzard2: :Naughty

badmaninc 12-09-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakeeya
I THINK he was trying to joke back with ya Ki :Chatter

Anyway I've been wondering what his one feeling is that he bought at a powwow :confused:

To qoute Brittany Murphy, "I'll never tell".

Roobz 12-09-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmaninc
To qoute Brittany Murphy, "I'll never tell".

LMAO

Kool Breeze 12-10-2004 09:55 AM

Back in my Kool Breeze days this is exactly the kind of thread I had the most fun with. I would have had something funny to say then. But this site has drained all the funny out of me.

BurBz 12-10-2004 10:22 AM

lmao @ kadillac breeze :lol2:

wyo_rose 12-10-2004 11:06 AM

Geez, I know! Things are just TOO tame around here now.:p

Kadillac Breeze! Too COOL!:lol:

middle of the sky 12-10-2004 02:10 PM

could it be christmas?

:rofl:

bushy_braids 12-10-2004 02:49 PM

ain't it funny?

:Chatter
these days wannabee's ask for anything!